Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who is the mysterious guy ?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

102 51.26%
  • Mihawk

17 8.54%
  • Jean Bart

10 5.03%
  • DoFlamingo's crew member

7 3.52%
  • Other

63 31.66%
New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    i think that the whole slingshot apparatus is a plant.

however it seems to me that the plant spits out everything it eats. if you pay attention to the venus-flytrap head part; it grows in size as it eats, spits out everything it swallowed, and then shrinks back to it's original size once again.

this suggests that it may, unfortunately, be unable to eat a df simply because it would spit it back out, rather than actually eat it.

hope i'm wrong, but it does seem that way from what we've observed in this chapter.
    Yeah you are right about that but still with a DF it may be different . Usopp uses it as a tool for now so we don't know how it may react if he actually tastes a DF. Anyway i bet if that were to happen Usopp would gain a DF eating weapon without having anything to do with it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I doubt Doflamingo is that bad of a captain.There has to be a good reason for his subordinate to throw their life away for him with a smile on their face.I doubt a careless captain would take the time the to apology to Monet before to ask her to sacrifice herself,to give his farewell to Vergo,thank him for all his hard work and his loyalty, nor burn down a all city by jealousy for Baby 5.Sure he has an eccentric way to do things but him and his "family" seems to share some special type of bound.They probably have for rule that mission comes before everything but if he has the opportunity to save his crew mates i think he will take the shot.
    that reason is called manipulation--which i think is ironic since i believe that is what his DF is which allows him to control people like puppets

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well the words of someone who doesn't care about his subordinates would be something like "you are no longer useful to me so just die" which he didn't say,in the contrary talked to them with high respect so it is pretty clear that he does care about his people one way or an other.Also remember Monet already knew what she had to do even if Joker didn't told her to do so which proves that they must have a golden rule which is that "mission comes first" and in this case the mission was Ceasar.In my opinion the way the Doflamingos function is similar the Phantom Troupe members from Hunter x Hunter who gives priority to the goal of the group(their ideal) at the peril of their life.It might be a crazy way of thinking but that is the way they do thing and everyone seems to be ok with it.
    I don't think it's as cold as that. From Monet and Vergo, I got the impression that they would die willingly just to help him become the Pirate King, just how Zoro and Sanji were willing to die so that Kuma doesn't kill Luffy. Coupled with what Buffalo was talking how he cared for Baby 5 it's like Oda wanted to show that there's more to Dofla than we've seen so far. Their crew just seems to work differently than SH. With SH it's - no man gets left behind and with DP it's - leave man behind for the good of the crew. And I have a feeling each of them would die with a smile, just like Monet and Vergo (well maybe, you can never be sure someone is dead in OP).
    Bellamy was probably too low for Dofla to consider him a real part of the crew.

He probably has Conqueror Haki, yeah.

(This doesn't mean he isn't a douchebag.)

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is certainly more then one way to be a considered a "good leader". Obviously Luffy presents one side of the coin, but another side can be one where the leader's life is held hight above everyone else and thus his subordinates are easily willing to die for him because they believe that he can accomplish something that no one else can. I think this is the case with Doflamingo's crew, they believe that there isn't any other person who can become PK other then Doflamingo therefore they will do anything for him. What makes this type of a system work is the fact that the leader still has to acknowledge the work and faith that his subordinates show in him in one form or another.

If not then there really isn't any reason for the subordinates to freely follow that leader, and if they follow him to achieve their own goals or because they have to then that becomes a totally different system. We've seen from both the captain and the crew that they respect and value one another as well as their crew, but like i said the captain's life is without a doubt more valuable then everyone else's life. To a lot of these people simply being allowed to be apart of such a group is all they need to in order to know how much they are valued by the leader. It's not the easiest system of leadership to understand, but it is one of the more radical and subsequently effective ones out there.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Yeah you are right about that but still with a DF it may be different . Usopp uses it as a tool for now so we don't know how it may react if he actually tastes a DF. Anyway i bet if that were to happen Usopp would gain a DF eating weapon without having anything to do with it
    Bullshit.

Usopp is man destined to be made of honor, he will not upgrade like that by the kind of weapons in his arsenal. I'm deeply upset by his last speech though.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji and Doflamingo arriving, jack (presumably crocodile) being gonna be involved too,kid and the other supernovas charghing, caribo at kaido's. This saga is gonna be epic,the only thing which makes it below water 7 (and so goes for all the other sagas) is the fact these haven't got betrayal and mysterious trolls.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Bullshit.

Usopp is man destined to be made of honor, he will not upgrade like that by the kind of weapons in his arsenal. I'm deeply upset by his last speech though.
    Why upset ? He is the same as always.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this post on another forum and i am posting this here but i still believe the guy isnt Aokiji, Oda is just trolling us.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction about chapter 696 of One Piece:
    In the next chapter I think Law will retrieve Caesar and maybe even Buffalo and Baby 5 (in the truth I would prefer if he will retrieve only Caesar, while Baby 5 will be retrieved by Sanji, so maybe she will fall in love with him).
    For Buffalo I don't care, I hope he will sink in the sea and will die, since he is ugly, a boring character with a horrible devil fruit.

After this I don't think that the crew will leave the island immediately (although there is still the possible that they will leave the island before the arrival of Doflamingo), because before they will force Caesar to give him the antidote to free Kinemon and maybe if they are still alive the other marine that were petrified.
    Obviously there is the possibility that Caesar will give them even the definitive antidote to treat children, even if in the truth I still that Chopper has already found out the way to cure them.

There is the possibility that Caesar will asks how Smoker is still alive, and then Law will tell him the truth.
    In this case we could see the situation of Monet, or maybe Sanji and /or Brook will return back to retrieve her.
    In the case that she really died I believe that we see her only after the arrival of Doflamingo.
    Infact the moment that He will find her body, there is a high possible that we will see a flashback where we could know something about Monet, about her relationship with Do Flamingo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Old's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

my prediction for next chapter I think there is a high possibility for this new char and doflamingo will meet (like everyone says) Which will delay doflamingo arrival to PH
    now if it was Aokiji there would be no reason for him to fight a shchibukai unless doflamingo gets crazy and gets eager to fight him (i can really enjoy this fight)
    I don't know about monet surviving or vergo i don't think there is someone who will go to take care of them unless law wants something from them Which i don't think is true now i don't think smoker will just leave the SH and Law be so maybe he will request to fight one of them which will result of him getting rofl stomped again (it is sad i always thought he is like garp was to roger but to luffy but he isn't this strong)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iMan77 View Post
    I found this post on another forum and i am posting this here but i still believe the guy isnt Aokiji, Oda is just trolling us.
    Isn't it enough that he made him so small that you had to look with a magnifying glass or make a high quality photo and zoom in?

Oda - "I'll make him so small that people can hardly see him, but he'll look like Aokiji just so that people would think he's Aokiji, so I could fool them because it's totally someone else."

That totally sounds plausible.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I already said that he looks like the most to be Jozu. But here is an other one theory, the guy at the big bird sitting seems like he has an hat at his left leg. So if we go at chapter 692 page 8 (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/692/8) the guy in the middle in the end of page with the hat is leaving and going somewhere.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iMan77 View Post
    I already said that he looks like the most to be Jozu. But here is an other one theory, the guy at the big bird sitting seems like he has an hat at his left leg. So if we go at chapter 692 page 8 (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/692/8) the guy in the middle in the end of page with the hat is leaving and going somewhere.
    I would discard any possibility that anyone watching the broadcast can arrive to PH this quickly (excluding Joker who can arrive there pretty quickly, as suggested by his last statement).

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just a shadow with white mouth. You can't even see the facial lines like cheek or chin or eyebrows or anything else for that matter. It could be Aokiji's mouth just like it could be Joz's, Rockstar's or Spandine's mouth. The problem is, the shadow on top of a bird head isn't Joz or Rockstar or Spandine. It's someone slim with a hairstyle similar to Aokiji's and a sitting postion same as Aokiji's.

Sleeps like Aokiji, talks like Aokiji, travels alone like Aokiji, looks like Aokiji, sits like Aokiji.

Btw, that looks like Caimie's palm to me, not like a mistake. There are small mistakes made by Oda here and there, there's even a website dedicated to those. Still, I have yet to see him accidentaly confuse major characters (or any).
    Last edited by Razh; January 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

so all doflamingo's men have been defeated, vergo is still safe,but has to be reassembled. and please,don't tell me he is done for,as oda never gets rid of characters!

New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast