Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the mysterious guy ?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

102 51.26%
  • Mihawk

17 8.54%
  • Jean Bart

10 5.03%
  • DoFlamingo's crew member

7 3.52%
  • Other

63 31.66%
New Reply
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    so all doflamingo's men have been defeated, vergo is still safe,but has to be reassembled. and please,don't tell me he is done for,as oda never gets rid of characters!
    Nope. Five members of his crew have not yet even been named. Vergo may not be dead, but he is done for. Smoker will report back to the Marine, who will then arrest him as a spy and member of a criminal organization.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Bullshit.

Usopp is man destined to be made of honor, he will not upgrade like that by the kind of weapons in his arsenal. I'm deeply upset by his last speech though.
    The joke has always been that Usopp is a liar and coward, that's part of what makes him so likable. Even his name and appearance are part of the joke. The kanji for Uso" (うそ) means lies, Usopp is a pun on Aesop (fables), and he has a long nose - reference to how Pinocchio's nose grows when he lies.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Usopp is man destined to be made of honor, he will not upgrade like that by the kind of weapons in his arsenal. I'm deeply upset by his last speech though.
    The thing is many of Usopp fans love him the way he truly is. Yes, that coward and liar Usopp, mainly because they perfectly serves comedic purpose. And I believe Oda is awared of it as well, that's why he maintain Usopp's cowardice feature while also making him stronger and braver to feed other fans expectation.

Character development wise, Usopp's has always been the most complicated among the Strawhats. Unlike Luffy or Zoro who simply need to be stronger to reach their dreams, Usopp's goal is to be "the brave warrior of the sea", that means he needs to leave his old attitude. Now the problem --just like I said-- many fans love the old Usopp much more, while others (like you) actually want to see significant changes of him.

Thus a question raised : How will Oda handle the final character of Usopp without being one-sided to fans? it's been lingering on my mind for a while now.
    Last edited by Kukriblades; January 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Nope. Five members of his crew have not yet even been named. Vergo may not be dead, but he is done for. Smoker will report back to the Marine, who will then arrest him as a spy and member of a criminal organization.
    I was talking about his men there,of course the one resembling sabo and the others are still in dressrosa. about vergo,are we sure about that? tashigi didn't tell her subordinate that either,because she knew they wouldn't believe her. before doing that ,he has to join this saga once again,and doflamingo will have to be knocked down,before the world knows of vergo's betrayal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Old's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought law set the conditions for smoker not to speak about the all deal with joker

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    The thing is many of Usopp fans love him the way he truly is. Yes, that coward and liar Usopp, mainly because they perfectly serves comedic purpose. And I believe Oda is awared of it as well, that's why he maintain Usopp's cowardice feature while also making him stronger and braver to feed other fans expectation.

Character development wise, Usopp's has always been the most complicated among the Strawhats. Unlike Luffy or Zoro who simply need to be stronger to reach their dreams, Usopp's goal is to be "the brave warrior of the sea", that means he needs to leave his old attitude. Now the problem --just like I said-- many fans love the old Usopp much more, while others (like you) actually want to see significant changes of him.

Thus a question raised : How will Oda handle the final character of Usopp without being one-sided to fans? it's been lingering on my mind for a while now.
    You understand me well.

The breakpoint of Usopp's personality was set when Sogeking appeared, the very man of the sea was showed to us in that form, the true future of Usopp. Sadly after hearing his speech in Shabaody about not fear anymore, it was a big thing to me, i expected that from him and not from Sogeking.

I don't care about what fandom wants Usopp to be, i want that he makes sure to achieve his dream, because the only one who has an infinite call is Luffy's, the second is from Robin. For example, i have not read any single time since Arlong's the world map of Nami wants to draw or All Blue of Sanji. Usopp is the realism dream out there because is a matter of self-considered attemp, reach a goal and only Usopp knows when he will be the wonderman itself.

If Sogeking isn't appearing and Usopp still hide from enemies like in the previous chapter it means that he is really going backwards. Which is sad and a shame, because is the best character in One Piece.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

well I disagree that he is going backwards. Usopp still has so much room to improve, he hasn't even met Elbaf villagers yet and here I believe, once he reached there, it would be another breakpoint for him, a HUGE one for that. Just put some faith to Oda as usual.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

You understand me well.

The breakpoint of Usopp's personality was set when Sogeking appeared, the very man of the sea was showed to us in that form, the true future of Usopp. Sadly after hearing his speech in Shabaody about not fear anymore, it was a big thing to me, i expected that from him and not from Sogeking.

I don't care about what fandom wants Usopp to be, i want that he makes sure to achieve his dream, because the only one who has an infinite call is Luffy's, the second is from Robin. For example, i have not read any single time since Arlong's the world map of Nami wants to draw or All Blue of Sanji. Usopp is the realism dream out there because is a matter of self-considered attemp, reach a goal and only Usopp knows when he will be the wonderman itself.

If Sogeking isn't appearing and Usopp still hide from enemies like in the previous chapter it means that he is really going backwards. Which is sad and a shame, because is the best character in One Piece.
    Wait till you get to see him in a serious fight before you judge...
    Usopp is and will be always like that, and he'll always be the weakest SH, but when the situation is serious, he can get his shit together, as it was shown multiple times, especially in Alabasta arc

Yes Usopp's dream is to be the bravest warrior, and he is. Considering what he went through, especially on part 1 where he was nowhere near the beasts (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji).

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I was talking about his men there,of course the one resembling sabo and the others are still in dressrosa. about vergo,are we sure about that? tashigi didn't tell her subordinate that either,because she knew they wouldn't believe her. before doing that ,he has to join this saga once again,and doflamingo will have to be knocked down,before the world knows of vergo's betrayal.
    What? Why wouldn't he? He's only been talking about informing the Marine ever since Vergo was exposed. Tashigi did try and tell her subordinates that Vergo was crooked, he knocked her the fuck out before she could finish the sentence. If you are somehow trying to correlate the reaction of the G-5 Marine to how Marine Authority will react, I do believe you are badly misinterpreted the story. Never assume that the top brass will react the same way as rank-and-file troops who served under Vergo.

Why would Vergo need to join the saga again? Does he hold some plot importance, like Caesar, even in defeat? Mr. 3 played and Ms. Goldenweek served a similar role to Vergo and Monet, yet they were not saved from Little Garden, and neither made an appearance at Alabasta with Crocodile. She has never appeared again, he did not return until Impel Down, almost ten years after his last appearance. Neither served a purpose after their defeat, their role in the Baroque Works saga was done. What continued role does Vergo have? Caesar can manufacture SAD, his role is clear. Vergo was the watchdog of Punk Hazard. He failed to properly guard the island. His master already had planned to kill him? What further purpose can he serve, knowing that rescue is impossible. It would be ridiculous to think that Doflamingo could enter the ruins of Punk Hazard in secret, survive the shinokuni, find Vergo, reassemble him, and get back out before someone finds and confronts him, or just sail away with Caesar, ruining his plans. An astronomical number of asspulls and plotholes would be needed for Doflamingo to pull something that ridiculous off.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Vergo need to join the saga again? Does he hold some plot importance, like Caesar, even in defeat? Mr. 3 played and Ms. Goldenweek served a similar role to Vergo and Monet, yet they were not saved from Little Garden, and neither made an appearance at Alabasta with Crocodile. She has never appeared again, he did not return until Impel Down, almost ten years after his last appearance. Neither served a purpose after their defeat, their role in the Baroque Works saga was done. What continued role does Vergo have? Caesar can manufacture SAD, his role is clear. Vergo was the watchdog of Punk Hazard. He failed to properly guard the island. His master already had planned to kill him? What further purpose can he serve, knowing that rescue is impossible. It would be ridiculous to think that Doflamingo could enter the ruins of Punk Hazard in secret, survive the shinokuni, find Vergo, reassemble him, and get back out before someone finds and confronts him, or just sail away with Caesar, ruining his plans. An astronomical number of asspulls and plotholes would be needed for Doflamingo to pull something that ridiculous off.
    That's no reason for him not to return. While there were people who were defeated and didn't appear in the storyline, there were plenty of others who came back. Like Daz Bones or Mr. 3, who became one of major characters. You can't expect to know what will happen and you can't say Vergo has served his purpose. If he survives the gas, he can assemble himself without help. Why would he survive? I don't know. Maybe he can coat himself in hardening long enough or maybe he has an undisclosed devil fruit. Or maybe the effects of Shinokuni are reversible. Kinemon is covered with it and nobody thinks he's a goner yet.

Maybe some asspulls would be needed, but certainly not any kind of plothole. And certainly not an astronomical number of them.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What? Why wouldn't he? He's only been talking about informing the Marine ever since Vergo was exposed. Tashigi did try and tell her subordinates that Vergo was crooked, he knocked her the fuck out before she could finish the sentence. If you are somehow trying to correlate the reaction of the G-5 Marine to how Marine Authority will react, I do believe you are badly misinterpreted the story. Never assume that the top brass will react the same way as rank-and-file troops who served under Vergo.

eheh,nope,you are wrong . mr.3 appeared again http://www.mangareader.net/103-2273-...apter-166.html . and his role was much below vergo's,who is doflamingo's right arm. btw,I'm sure oda will make him join the saga again,so don't worry,oda will give you a proof by facts

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh, what do u make of this? AH= Armament Haki ch:681 pics 10/11/12
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; January 20, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    well I disagree that he is going backwards. Usopp still has so much room to improve, he hasn't even met Elbaf villagers yet and here I believe, once he reached there, it would be another breakpoint for him, a HUGE one for that. Just put some faith to Oda as usual.
    Teh bastard did a half turn 180º with Zoro's ambition asking Mihawk to be trained and with Usopp he still draw him like a coward. I do not like what he usually does but my only option is waiting for an amazing companion of the new Pirate King.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

about the mystery guy, i'll say this. The Face shot(profile shot) made me think of MARCO of the white beard pirates...though the second pic does resemble Aokiji, i think its Marco

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    about the mystery guy, i'll say this. The Face shot(profile shot) made me think of MARCO of the white beard pirates...though the second pic does resemble Aokiji, i think its Marco
    I've seen some stuff, but this... Tops everything in my book
    10/10 made me react actually

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I've seen some stuff, but this... Tops everything in my book
    10/10 made me react actually
    ahahah these guys make such posts to start debates,they are well aware of the fact it's aokiji,if they aren't then it will be really funny when they will witness it's actually kuzan

New Reply
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast