Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the mysterious guy ?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

    102 51.26%
  • Mihawk

    17 8.54%
  • Jean Bart

    10 5.03%
  • DoFlamingo's crew member

    7 3.52%
  • Other

    63 31.66%
New Reply
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 472

Thread: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

  1. #301
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    What is the need for Usopp weapon to eat a devil fruit when it seems it is already alive somehow ?
    Not a need, it's a wish. A wish not about giving it live, but something else beyond live... What if the Kabuto would eat a DF... Just imagination... After all, watching the effects of DF in living creatures or in objects is interesting.

    ---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Please No! Ussop's cowardice and weakness make him the great character he is.

    I think he is a great character already. He has probably been the most resourceful so far amongst the strawhats this arc. Like Schabrak said, a DF ability would diminish his current level. I like his plot and trap based fighting style.

    I see Ussop being a resourceful strawhat with occasional one on one (or 2) battles.
    But what if the Kabuto becomes a very brave animated&speaking-weapon, as an effect of its hipothetical DF. The dialogues between them could be fun to read. ...
    Last edited by ukimix; January 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #302
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    i think that the whole slingshot apparatus is a plant.

    however it seems to me that the plant spits out everything it eats. if you pay attention to the venus-flytrap head part; it grows in size as it eats, spits out everything it swallowed, and then shrinks back to it's original size once again.

    this suggests that it may, unfortunately, be unable to eat a df simply because it would spit it back out, rather than actually eat it.

    hope i'm wrong, but it does seem that way from what we've observed in this chapter.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #303
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    A travel to Dressrosa would be disruptive in the narrative flow too since it goes against Law plan. He just said that phase one is completed so they need to go to phase two and it is not Dressrosa.
    How do you know?

  6. #304
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    @mattiaildivino
    Spoiler show

    It just makes the user able to touch the DF user. CoA does not have the same effect on DF users as the sea or seastones-weapons have.
    Well that is the current definition of what CoA Haki allows the user to do. However down the line there is most definitely going to be an addition made to what the CoA Haki can do. Because if it cannot allow the user to negate/block intangible DF abilities then someone like Bonney is already not just the most powerful SN, but one of the most powerful people in the entire world. Not to mention that Law's DF ability would also put him at the top of the world in terms of strength since he can slice and dice someone without them ever even seeing him.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  7. #305
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Ahah I'm so glad my post's been the main them of this page, i didn't expect it to shift the attention from he aokiji stuff. Well,I couldn't quote all the ones who had quoted me,but I did read your posts. So,let's start: you are right,I used a wrong word to describe haki's effect,that is "nullification", I meant that what they touched became nullified,not that it actually nullified dfs as did teach. Yet,sentomaru and garp could hurt rufy, in the meaning that their haki hit his body regardless of his rubber body. Vergo's haki would have nullified the effects of law's one as well.
    about the poison issue,you misunderstood,but maybe it's my explanation the one which lacked consistency,well I was tired . Rufy isn't probably immune to shinokuni,although he is resistant to poison thanks to Magellan. Yet,his haki attacks weren't affected by shinokuni,cause it is a DF too. That's what I meant: if the haki users covered their body with haki armor,they would tank shinokuni as long as they last wielding haki armament, but it wouldn't nullify the whole shinokuni

  8. #306
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Lets suppose the guy is Aokiji, and that he just arrive to PH on these moments: what would he do?

    - fight Luffy and Law?
    - fight Doflamingo?
    - fight Smoker?
    - fight everybody
    - fight nobody

    Who will be teaming up with?

    @NEMO: In that panel, Nami would be complaning about the fact that her pants are about to fall down and she has half of her butts out of them: "Bring me some suspenders, now!"

  9. #307
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Yet,his haki attacks weren't affected by shinokuni,cause it is a DF too. That's what I meant: if the haki users covered their body with haki armor,they would tank shinokuni as long as they last wielding haki armament, but it wouldn't nullify the whole shinokuni
    I think you are wrong here too. His attacks were affected by shinokuni. This is clearly seen in this page of chapter 692. I don't think it is his haki that help him in this case rather than his rubber body and his speed which prevented the solidification process of the gas.

    Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Not a need, it's a wish. A wish not about giving it live, but something else beyond live... What if the Kabuto would eat a DF... Just imagination... After all, watching the effects of DF in living creatures or in objects is interesting.

    But what if the Kabuto becomes a very brave animated&speaking-weapon, as an effect of its hipothetical DF. The dialogues between them could be fun to read. ...
    So far devil fruit objects don't speak so unless it eats a human fruit I don't see how it could work. Also you have to take into account the fact that it is a marine technology so the possibility that some other people than marines have access to it is very low (even if you wish for it). I personally agree with Schabrack and don't see how it will make Usopp more interesting or whatever. I'm generally in favor of the statu quo concerning devil fruits :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    How do you know?
    Do Flamingo not being a Yonkou, I don't see the interest for them to go there.

  10. #308
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Considering his history, Dofla probably will not even try to save Baby 5 and Buffalo. He's never shown compassion for fallen subordinates before, why would he start now? Look at how he treated Vergo and Monet after they lost, and the Bellamy Pirates after their defeat. He probably will treat Baby 5 and Buffalo the same; even if he could rescue them, he probably won't.

    I also wonder if Dofla has conqueror's haki. If he does, this fight is a little different. Luffy has never fought a conqueror's haki user, all known users have so far been friendly (Ace, Whitebeard, Hancock, Shanks, Rayleigh). Dofla would be the first villain confirmed as a conqueror's haki user. That alone would make it an interesting twist. It also would eliminate the G-5 Marines from the fight. The Strawhats withstood Rayleigh's haki, Dofla's haki might not effect them.
    I doubt Doflamingo is that bad of a captain.There has to be a good reason for his subordinate to throw their life away for him with a smile on their face.I doubt a careless captain would take the time the to apology to Monet before to ask her to sacrifice herself,to give his farewell to Vergo,thank him for all his hard work and his loyalty, nor burn down a all city by jealousy for Baby 5.Sure he has an eccentric way to do things but him and his "family" seems to share some special type of bound.They probably have for rule that mission comes before everything but if he has the opportunity to save his crew mates i think he will take the shot.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #309
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    this is brilliant if he can talk with his weapon it would be very interesting but the human fruity is already taken so..

    ---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    yeah,just joking , I wanted to talk as did Iceburg to Lucci



    totally wrong! garp's haki punch could hurt rufy,and so could Sentomaru's and the gorgons' ones.it's been stated several times that it nullifies all kind of DFs. In fact,are you forgetting that smoker told Tashigi that her haki was too weak to counter law's DF's effects? well,I think you did, then I will link you the most recent proof : http://mangarulereader.hostoi.com/MA...garule#page=15 . owned,aren't you?
    not really saying haki nullifies DF powers is right to some extent but it is like saying you can make the magma that akainu produce vanish or stop kid from controlling metal with haki
    it is questionable if you punched a zoan user with haki well he revert back
    + haki doesn't give immunity to poison luffy said it himself poison doesn't work on him because of magellan
    haki can be used as a shield yes you can stop the solidification with armament technique like we saw with luffy but if you are poisoned you are poisoned haki won't help you

  13. #310
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Excluding the final mysterious appearance (I will write about it in another post) and the fact that we have seen something more on the skills of Usopp and particularly that of Nami, I don’t liked the chapter, particularly of the the treatment that had Baby 5.
    Infact even if I really like her devil fruit and her personality (basically she's like Sanji with the exception that she does not make any distinction, She falls in love with anyone, at least while Sanji goes behind only to the beautiful women (in the truth is really this difference that makes Baby 5 so interesting), in this chapter she seem terribly weak, if she were to join the crew would be weaker, it would only be a burden.

    Infact I did not liked that Baby 5 only after several attempts is able to cut the robot of Franky, but more than anything else I did not liked that she was already ko after the first attack Nami, although if it was very powerful.
    However I must admit that considering that she was flying her movements were limited, had little chance to avoid the shot.

    In any case, three things I particularly liked in this chapter.
    The first is what they say Nami and Usopp on this page http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/81646462/12.
    The second is when Buffalo is struck by lightning Nami, because you can see his bones.
    The third thing is the reaction of Luffy, Usop, Chopper, of the children and of the others marine of the G5, which is in contrast with the reaction of Robin, Nami and Tashigi.

  14. #311
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I doubt Doflamingo is that bad of a captain.There has to be a good reason for his subordinate to throw their life away for him with a smile on their face.I doubt a careless captain would take the time the to apology to Monet before to ask her to sacrifice herself,to give his farewell to Vergo,thank him for all his hard work and his loyalty, nor burn down a all city by jealousy for Baby 5.Sure he has an eccentric way to do things but him and his "family" seems to share some special type of bound.They probably have for rule that mission comes before everything but if he has the opportunity to save his crew mates i think he will take the shot.
    Yes, but after apologizing he still ordered Monet to kill herself. That to me does not seem like someone who particularly cares about his subordinates. His last words to Vergo came after he ordered Monet to kill everyone, but before she failed and he left for Punk Hazard. Within the context of the chapter my feeling was that Doflamingo said something along the lines of "Sorry, Vergo. You're an old, loyal friend, but I just ordered Monet to hit the self-destruct button, killing everyone on, including you. Only Caesar will survive. Thanks for all the years of service though." He has now discarded Bellamy, Disco, Monet, and Vergo as soon as they proved to be iabilities. The only subordinate he has so far been willing to save is Caesar, only because Caesar is still useful to him. I imagine Buffalo and Baby 5 will be treated the same as Monet and Vergo, probably even worse. They lost, they are no longer useful to him.

    ---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    A travel to Dressrosa would be disruptive in the narrative flow too since it goes against Law plan. He just said that phase one is completed so they need to go to phase two and it is not Dressrosa.
    How so? Law's plan has not yet been fully explained. How can a storyline that does not yet exist be disrupted? Luffy specializes in forcing people to change pans, anyway. All we know is that the first part of Law's plan was to stop production of SAD, ending the trade in Smile. Wouldn't Law, a former subordinate, assume Doflamingo would retaliate? Isn't it possible that defeating Doflamingo would be the next step in his plan? Given that a confrontation was inevitable, wouldn't logic dictate the possibility that Law would have to take the fight to Dressrosa? So how would fighting on Dressrosa, rather than Punk Hazard, be a radical change in Law's (still unknown) plans? And why assume that Doflamingo is not involved in the second stage of Law's plans, when a confrontation was inevitable from the beginning?

  15. #312
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    In the last movie Aokiji...
    Spoiler show

  16. #313
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Yes, but after apologizing he still ordered Monet to kill herself. That to me does not seem like someone who particularly cares about his subordinates. His last words to Vergo came after he ordered Monet to kill everyone, but before she failed and he left for Punk Hazard. Within the context of the chapter my feeling was that Doflamingo said something along the lines of "Sorry, Vergo. You're an old, loyal friend, but I just ordered Monet to hit the self-destruct button, killing everyone on, including you. Only Caesar will survive. Thanks for all the years of service though." He has now discarded Bellamy, Disco, Monet, and Vergo as soon as they proved to be iabilities. The only subordinate he has so far been willing to save is Caesar, only because Caesar is still useful to him. I imagine Buffalo and Baby 5 will be treated the same as Monet and Vergo, probably even worse. They lost, they are no longer useful to him.
    Well the words of someone who doesn't care about his subordinates would be something like "you are no longer useful to me so just die" which he didn't say,in the contrary talked to them with high respect so it is pretty clear that he does care about his people one way or an other.Also remember Monet already knew what she had to do even if Joker didn't told her to do so which proves that they must have a golden rule which is that "mission comes first" and in this case the mission was Ceasar.In my opinion the way the Doflamingos function is similar the Phantom Troupe members from Hunter x Hunter who gives priority to the goal of the group(their ideal) at the peril of their life.It might be a crazy way of thinking but that is the way they do thing and everyone seems to be ok with it.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #314
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    What does he has to gain to go to Dressrosa where all of Flamingo allies are. If there is one island he shouldn't go if he want to keep CC captured, it is Dressrosa. If he wanted to confront Do Flamingo, the logic would be that he stays in Punk Hazard (it shouldn't be that difficult to get rid of the gas) rather than go in the enemy lairs.
    The only thing I could see where something happens there is if he has spies on the island and they take benefit that Flamingo is pursuing Law to fight a dispersed enemy but I doubt it will happen.
    That and the feeling I have that he wants to avoid to confront Do Flamingo as much as possible given their past relation makes me thing that Dressrosa is not really the most logic continuation to the story.

  19. #315
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,984
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Well the words of someone who doesn't care about his subordinates would be something like "you are no longer useful to me so just die" which he didn't say,in the contrary talked to them with high respect so it is pretty clear that he does care about his people one way or an other.Also remember Monet already knew what she had to do even if Joker didn't told her to do so which proves that they must have a golden rule which is that "mission comes first" and in this case the mission was Ceasar.In my opinion the way the Doflamingos function is similar the Phantom Troupe members from Hunter x Hunter who gives priority to the goal of the group(their ideal) at the peril of their life.It might be a crazy way of thinking but that is the way they do thing and everyone seems to be ok with it.
    From my perspective Doflamingo's dialog was business like, not caring. It seemed more like he was laying off a long time employ, not saying goodbye to an old friend. Unlike Phantom Troupe the top priority does not seem to me the good of the group, but what is in Doflamingo's best interest. Nothing suggests the Donquixote Pirates are particularly egalitarian. His followers seem loyal more in the Yakuza sense, rather than Phantom Troupe.

    ---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    What does he has to gain to go to Dressrosa where all of Flamingo allies are. If there is one island he shouldn't go if he want to keep CC captured, it is Dressrosa. If he wanted to confront Do Flamingo, the logic would be that he stays in Punk Hazard (it shouldn't be that difficult to get rid of the gas) rather than go in the enemy lairs.
    The only thing I could see where something happens there is if he has spies on the island and they take benefit that Flamingo is pursuing Law to fight a dispersed enemy but I doubt it will happen.
    The allies would not be going to Dressrosa with Caesar, they would be going to pursue Caesar. Confronting Doflamingo is no longer a matter of want; he is on his way to Punk Hazard, confrontation is inevitable. If the allies win, that is the end of the Doflamingo arc, and all of this is a moot point. But there is also the possibility that Doflamingo either defeats the allies, or escapes with Caesar without confronting the allies - or after only a minor skirmish. If that is the case they would need to pursue Doflamingo in order to prevent him from resuming SAD production at Dressrosa, his stated goal. It is quite clear that a fight is coming, whether it is decisive or not remains to be seen. If it is not decisive than the action will probably move to Dressrosa.

    Quote Quote:
    That and the feeling I have that he wants to avoid to confront Do Flamingo as much as possible given their past relation makes me thing that Dressrosa is not really the most logic continuation to the story.
    No longer possible, Doflamingo is on his way to Punk Hazard. Besides, Law is a smart guy. Wouldn't he understand the implications of destroying the SAD lab? He'd have to know that would lead to war with Doflamingo. He would have to consider fighting Doflamingo an inevitable result of his attack on Punk Hazard. Whether they go to Dressrosa or not, confrontation is inevitable. If Law had not planned on a fight, plans have already changed.

New Reply
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts