Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the mysterious guy ?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

102 51.26%
  • Mihawk

17 8.54%
  • Jean Bart

10 5.03%
  • DoFlamingo's crew member

7 3.52%
  • Other

63 31.66%
New Reply
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Honestly, I don't get what the problem is with Usopp. It's one of his most prevaling personality traits. Being scared and careful, I mean. It's one of the reasons why he's a wielding a slingshot and attacking from distance, not using 2 axes in melee combat. Something like that can't just disappear in 2 years. And it shouldn't. Every SH has a personality quirk and those are the characters we learned to love. Turning them into different persons would take away from the story.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Except for what he said in this page, your explanation is right.

I've seen already that with Usopp fighting Perona. If Oda really it's going to repeat his narrative techniques to eager people countless of times, then i pity him for such poor originality.
    Making a super hero of a coward character wouldn't be very original either. It has been done 100th of times in others shonen. But this is One Piece and Usopp is like that from the first chapter he appeared. You have Zoro and Luffy for the badass character, so please let our coward Usopp alone. We are plenty to like him this way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I've seen too many people come back from being "dead" in mangas and this is One Piece after all. Only people who could save Monet now are Iwankov and probably Law. But since Iwankov is half a world away and Law doesn't seem to be heading back to PH lab, she should be done for. Unless she manages to freeze herself (cryostasis) or there's some wonder drug that heals all injuries...

Or she has a second heart, lmao. That's right, since she obviously went through some procedures with her body, it's possible that not all changes are visible outside. But this is such a hilarious stretch that I'll be the first to laugh/rage if it happens.

Speaking of cryostasis, I thought those frozen prisoners will serve some purpose or would at least be explained. Well, the arc is not over yet, but still...
    I think it's time to let the bygones be bygones.That version of One piece where everything is sunshine and rainbow in the end doesn't exist anymore,it was over since they left Paradise, it couldn't stay that way forever. Characters die in One piece now you know and it should be obvious to everyone.As far as i am concern Vergo,Monet and the fodders back in the factory that where petrified by Shinokuni are all dead to me.The only one that could still be saved is Kinemon if he is lucky and because he can still usefull for the plot.

About Ussop,i consider him as a hero already.To be able to beat the crap of about hundreds soldiers(even though they are fodders) is no way near what Ussop would have done two years ago. Alot has change in him.He is more proud,stronger and way less of a coward then he use to be.But of course people don't completely change so we can still see some patern of the old Ussop that love and i don't mind that as long as he kick some asses.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    I think it's time to let the bygones be bygones.That version of One piece where everything is sunshine and rainbow in the end doesn't exist anymore,it was over since they left Paradise, it couldn't stay that way forever. Characters die in One piece now you know and it should be obvious to everyone.As far as i am concern Vergo,Monet and the fodders back in the factory that where petrified by Shinokuni are all dead to me.The only one that could still be saved is Kinemon if he is lucky and because he can still usefull for the plot.
    Don't tell me you're one of those who believe NW is a scary place and time for OP to get dark ?
    That won't happen no matter how much you want it, because Oda dislike that kind of stuff that's all there's to it

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

So from now on, we shouldn't even discuss the possibility of people surviving serious wounds, just because a couple of characters died in a humongous battle and SH crossed to a new sea?
    That won't happen. Besides, OP always had a dark, realistic side to it and characters were diying since the beginning. Marineford battle didn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Razh; January 21, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't get what the problem is with Usopp. It's one of his most prevaling personality traits.
    That is the problem, that "trait". His scapegoat was Sogeking, which appears to be no more. I don't have a problem if he starts to lie about anything he could think on... but still being coward and hiding from a unknown enemy while all we know that he can step in front of an admiral for the sake of his partners is what i'm disagreed about.

If you love personalities more than development then i understand you, but really i'm completely tired of characters who aren't developed in all what i read and Usopp is the best prospect on One Piece in have this at the end of his fingers.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Usopp received enough development while still staying the same character. That's enough for me.

Frankly, I was afraid he would become completely different after the time skip, but I was relieved when I saw he was still the same person. Just like Luffy and Zoro and Sanji and everyone else.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

How come Usopp wasn't developed ? He went from that coward who was living a peaceful life in Syrup village, to a pirate who wouldn't hesitate a single second to throw his life for his nakamas if needed. He went from that kid who had no training, no fighting knowledge and stuff to a strong warrior in the span of 3 years, he fought many characters stronger than him and yet defeated them, he even dared to leave the SH's just for Going Merry, I mean come on...

His cowardly and cautious nature will be part of him, and it is what enabled him to become a great Sniper too to begin with... Especially the cautious part...

How come for example you don't hate Luffy for being an idiot, and yet managed to learn Soru so fast that Blueno was rather surprised by it ? Luffy is an idiot no matter how much you put it, yet he can be considered a genius too...

I don't get it, why Usopp only ? Do you just want him to have cool poses to be happy ?
    Last edited by Zehahaha; January 21, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

About the personalities after the two years, i expected Luffy to change a little... he have seen Ace dying and thought it was guilt for that, maybe more mature and thoughtful like when Mihawk said he really changed a little, but doesn't matter anymore.

Why am i insisting with only Usopp? Because he's the only Strawhat that interest me at this point of the series. And the poses, Nami's poses fits perfectly for this kind of Usopp, serious in a probable combat in any moment. For example, when he was alone in the camera room and hiding from CC's underlings is what i considered as cautious, but then step into a higher point of the room being sorrounded to say things without knowing the answer of them is really the behaviour of Usopp that i really expect from him. Part of his known character and from the new one, then to say his wonderful speech about Luffy, i couldn't be more happy with it.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

About the personalities after the two years, i expected Luffy to change a little... he have seen Ace dying and thought it was guilt for that, maybe more mature and thoughtful like when Mihawk said he really changed a little, but doesn't matter anymore.

Why am i insisting with only Usopp? Because he's the only Strawhat that interest me at this point of the series. And the poses, Nami's poses fits perfectly for this kind of Usopp, serious in a probable combat in any moment. For example, when he was alone in the camera room and hiding from CC's underlings is what i considered as cautious, but then step into a higher point of the room being sorrounded to say things without knowing the answer of them is really the behaviour of Usopp that i really expect from him. Part of his known character and from the new one, then to say his wonderful speech about Luffy, i couldn't be more happy with it.
    Luffy will never change, he'll be that idiot who'll scream " Meat Meat Meat " and get serious if needed, it's the same for all the SH's

That Usopp you said you like, is the same Usopp who stood up against Mr 4 and Miss Merry Christmas when she began to talk shit about Luffy, despite being heavily injured. That Usopp you like is the same Usopp who cheered for Luffy when he was close to give up fighting against Rob Lucci, he's the same Usopp who fought bravely against Chew while the later was superior to him in every aspect, he's also the same Usopp who did everything to protect his village against Kuro

So to say that Usopp got courageous is wrong, he didn't, he's still a coward in normal situation, but when needed, he gets his shit together

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So from now on, we shouldn't even discuss the possibility of people surviving serious wounds, just because a couple of characters died in a humongous battle and SH crossed to a new sea?
    That won't happen. Besides, OP always had a dark, realistic side to it and characters were diying since the beginning. Marineford battle didn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.
    Lol i am not saying that.What i am saying is that you guys have closed your mind to change and still expect that One piece will be the same after Marinford while it is no longer the case.Of course alot of people are going to survive but now people are going to die as well.I mean just think about it.Vergo was sliced in little piece then the SAD room exploded,Monet's hearth got stabbed guys yeah stabbed and we could see her dying right in front of us yet you guys still coming up with excuses.If that wasn't enough Shinokuni is spreading everywhere through the building and that is cherry on top of the cake to make sure they don't survive so unless someone near by has a devil fruit ability that can grant wishes(lets call it wish wish no mi ) or Shenron from Dragon ball comes to save them from their certain death they are dead to me.

@Zehahaha i don't think the new world is going to be a completely dark place.We are still going to see the One piece that love but witha little update;we are going to see more epic battle and of course once in a while people are going to die.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; January 21, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bullshit.

Usopp is man destined to be made of honor, he will not upgrade like that by the kind of weapons in his arsenal. I'm deeply upset by his last speech though.

Actually if you would have read my post carefully you would have understood what i meant . I said with my last phrase that i'm positive his weapon would eat it by accident , Usopp having nothing to do with it

That is the problem, that "trait". His scapegoat was Sogeking, which appears to be no more. I don't have a problem if he starts to lie about anything he could think on... but still being coward and hiding from a unknown enemy while all we know that he can step in front of an admiral for the sake of his partners is what i'm disagreed about.

If you love personalities more than development then i understand you, but really i'm completely tired of characters who aren't developed in all what i read and Usopp is the best prospect on One Piece in have this at the end of his fingers.
    I think Usopp will never change . I mean he's always been like that , i'm waiting to see more of his past self with every passing chapter lol And i think your comparison is a little off .You are right with what you're saying about him being able to step up to even an admiral but all in all i think that what counts most is the situation , the danger the SH's are in . After all in desperate times you have to take desperate measures . That's exactly what he's done that time And it's not like he wasn't scared s***less
    Last edited by matzik1212; January 21, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol i am not saying that.What i am saying is that you guys have closed your mind to change and still expect that One piece will be the same after Marinford while it is no longer the case.Of course alot of people are going to survive but now people are going to die as well.
    You just claim something without proof. We didn't have any confirmed death after the timeskip. We will hear of Monet again, because it still hasn't been explained why she wanted to be a harpy. I think it is obvious that Law changed her, but why did she made that weird request in the first place?

I think they could be either dead or alive. However, one thing will stay the same till the end of the series: The Strawhats will never kill their enemies. Okay, Zorro killed Helmeppos pet wolf and the previous Mr. 7, but that was before he became a Straw Hat.
    And that's actually one thing I always liked about One Piece. The good guys really are good guys, and not a bunch of heroic murderers like in some other Shonen.

Neither Monet nor Vergo were "killed" by the Strawhats, though.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's Aokiji though I agree the body's position and words do fit the former Admiral's - by the way has the "Aokiji's image" ever been confirmed to be original ? Anyway, the face doesn't fit and almost everybody on this forum forgot to consider this element which is much more important that the rough body's shadow.

At first, I thought the foreheard's shadow could be explained by Aokiji's eye mask, but if you add the nose and the mouth's shadows, that does not make any sense. These straight lines can't be from Aokiji's face. This is so wrong.
    I support iMan77's theory which is that this man is actually the hat guy from the underworld brokers.

This guy says this isn't just some underworld problem anymore. It isn't a competition between brokers to possibly buy and get Shinokuni anymore : it is the end of smile trade as Law planned and it will wreak havoc in New World. The fact the hat guy is with a cat ADF means this concerns his group which has smile DF users.

I guess he stood up to deal with the smile issue on his own. That's why he asked the cat ADF to inform the New World. As his underworld brocker, he doesn't have time himself to inform his Yonko or boss : he has to come to PH quickly so that he can get what is left of SAD. He is responsible for the smile's orders.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; January 21, 2013 at 06:43 PM.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A man we just saw watching a video would 5 minutes later be in the middle of the sea saying he overslept ? Sorry but that does not make sense. And discarding the fact that it is not Aokiji based on a shadow panel of an hypercleaned scan is not really convincing either.

New Reply
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast