Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the mysterious guy ?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

102 51.26%
  • Mihawk

17 8.54%
  • Jean Bart

10 5.03%
  • DoFlamingo's crew member

7 3.52%
  • Other

63 31.66%
New Reply
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 695 Discussion/ 696 Predictions

Come on people, it is clearly Aokiji sitting cross legged and face palming ontop of a giant bird. you can even see a beanie holding down his afro. The height would also fit him. Plus who else would take a nap on his way to punk hazard.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, c'mon. The new spoilers are about to come within the next hours and there's still talk about that hyped shadow figure for more than 30 pages?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    People really are predicting it's Akainu

A new chapter can't come soon enough. Would it even be in character for Akainu (or Dragon) to travel on giant bird? Neither struck me as particularly whimsical characters. Not to mention if the Fleet Admiral wanted to go to Punk Hazard he could just go by ship, with his crew. If it is Akainu (or Dragon), anyone who made the prediction deserves a trophy and pat on the back. Until then, sounds like crack to me.
    This is OP, and Oda according to what I read (probably on Wiki?) wants OP to be fun and lighthearted. He could have changed Akainu's character for all we know, and we don't exactly know how Dragon's character is like, or his true character. I mean, what if Akainu or Dragon loves to ride on a giant bird? We don't know enough about them.

What we do know about Akainu so far is that the silhouette acted the opposite - slept and acted carefree whereas Akainu wouldn't sleep, he'd be focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No, it doesn't, or we wouldn't be having this discussion. There are plenty of reasons to doubt the characters identity, the panel is relatively ambiguous. You probably are right, it probably is Aokiji. Personally, I would not be so crass as to dismiss other points of view completely without more definitive evidence. A close up of a shadowy face, bereft of all distinguishing features is not enough to make a definitive prediction. Some (new character) predictions are more like than others (Akainu), but a convincing case can be made that it is not Aokiji.
    You were crass enough in regards to Akainu/Dragon theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    i get what @M3J tried to say,it could be anybody and it doesn't mean that he thinks is dragon and Akainu but the possibility is there, we know hot kishi and oda trolled so we shouldn't be surprises or take that option away, i think isn't not of them(dragon and Akainu ), but we never know and it sound more like Aoikiji but this what they do(oda or kishi), they made you think that is someone that you know and at the end is someone that nobody expected.
    I still think it's Aokiji though. I was just half saying and half trolling it could be someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    This is faster:
    Spoiler show

I think the "face panel" shows contents inside the red square from a close up. The positioning of the hand is not quite the same but you can see clearly that the person sitting has some wide sleeves.

EDIT: Of course, maybe it's not a side shot, maybe the view is from the guy's back or front. Which would explain why there's no arm. But I deffinitely see an edge of the jacket and some rolled up sleeves there.
    Whoa, looks a lot like Zoro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Oh, c'mon. The new spoilers are about to come within the next hours and there's still talk about that hyped shadow figure for more than 30 pages?
    Yes sir, there is. It's a cliffhanger, what do you expect?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I see people didn't give my post the time of day, maybe you all though i was trolling or just trying to get a rise outta ya. Either way I'm still pretty confident that the shadow guy is most likely Marco from the white beard pirates. The first pic(with the teeth showing, idk who thinks its a pocket or a gap or whatever...thats just crazy you might wanna get ur glasses checked) of the face looking up just strikes me as Marco's style. Maybe people think it could be Jozu...not so....his body is clearly too bulky to be the man on the bird's head in the second shadow.

TO support my theory of it being Marco: (i don't know how to do the picture link thing, so if someone wants to do the leg work for me it would be appreciated, what else are you doing while you wait for the new chapter? eh? eh? moving on...) If you look at the initial chapter where the underworld brokers are shown (there are two shadows that resemble Jozu and Marco to me) i think Marco left their base...being able to fly....and then took a break on a bird(birds get along with a phoenix man right)...this is the best I got, wish i had the pictures to compare and prove. seriously i'm 100% on this....naruto is already out...op should be coming soon

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It would probably drown because of sea > devil fruit relationship
    Its like with his bike, which couldnt drive on water. there is a ice sheet under it

MH's Best Username 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GomuGomuNoBigBoner's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A c e View Post
    If you look closely or zoom in the picture, you can see how the hair is Afro like kinda like aokiji.

I don't think mihawk would be randomly be thrown in the arc randomly aokiji does tie in as it's the place where he fought akainu

Spoiler show

This is how I picture him

Actually, in light of his post-timeskip look
    Spoiler show
    it does fit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

After rereading Luffy's little chat with Monet about Joker with him giving Doflamingo the nickname "Bird Man", I start to think that the shadowy person might be some kind of secondary personality of Doflamingo - one that doesn't smile at all and only comes out when the usual Doflamingo falls asleep.

And I think his feather boa is probably a "smile user" being able to transform into a giant bird that is able to float on water.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32