Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

33 51.56%
  • Enel

31 48.44%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last 16: Match up 5!: Blackbeard vs. Enel

Blackbeard has two devil fruits - the quake quake fruit Whitebeard had the potential to destroy the world with, and the Yami Yami no me, the darkness fruit, he can absorb enemies, although it does mean he takes more damage from all attacks.

Enel wields the Lightning Logia fruit, which he's completely mastered, and also has the best Mantra we've seen.

I'd give this to Enel - Blackbeard, in a fight, isn't subtle, and his strategy involves getting in close to neutralise the opponent's DF with his. Enel can very, very easily stay at range and shoot lightning bolts at Blackbeard - any quakes can be avoided using his speed and Mantra, and the Yami Yami no me, in my opinion, won't be able to suck in a bolt of lightning. So Enel can just stay away from BB, shoot him up, while BB frantically tries to do anything to hit him.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    I think technically Yami Yami no Mi would be able to suck up a small enough bolt of lightning (we've seen BB create black spaces, those could do it), but even so, he'd have to coat himself in that to not get hit, which we haven't seen him do.

But since lightning (strangely doesn't kill that easily but) causes quite the pain, and BB isn't exactly able to withstand damage, I'd imagine the battle to be like:
    Enel *lightning attack*
    BB *screams in pain*
    (repeat multiple times)

I doubt BB would be able to win, with what we've seen from him so far. The fact he's Yonkou and probably had a lot of time to refine his DF abilities, doesn't mean a damn here, because we've never seen anything from him post-TS (unlike chars for which we only have hype, e.g. Roger ).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Marshall D. Teach is one of those pirates that Oda meant to defeat Enel if he downs to Blue Sea. His resistance is superb, i'm sure it will endure any thunderbolt while with just a Kurouzu he attract him and finish it with a quake-punch.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Blackbeard will take this, although not without a tough fight. Enel's mantra may be good, but it can't tell him about Blackbeard's Logia ability(making DF null). All Blackbeard has to do is catch Enel once to take him down.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Marshall D. Teach is one of those pirates that Oda meant to defeat Enel if he downs to Blue Sea. His resistance is superb, i'm sure it will endure any thunderbolt while with just a Kurouzu he attract him and finish it with a quake-punch.
    His Korouzu seems very directional - it pulled Ace in but none of the rubble surrounding them. Enel can move as swiftly as lightning, and merge into objects such as gold or wood - Korouzo seems to me to be unlikely to work, especially with Enel being able to know precisely when and where BB will use it...
    Even if BB does manage to attract Enel, Ace showed how easy it is to counterattack while you're getting sucked towards BB - Enel could do serious damage with that, and then not even be touched by BB by using his staff and athletic talents to dodge/block BB's punch.

Plus, at range, he can easily use Thor or Julungul to do incredible damage from range (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...6/c241/12.html shows Thor destroying a large area) and , not risking touching BB, and he could always go into Amaru if things get bad.

Robin had met Aokiji, she knew of the power of the admirals, and she also said that Enel's powers were 'invincible' (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...9/c274/16.html). It took Luffy an insane amount of effort to defeat Enel - and that was with Enel's electricity rendered useless. Enel isn't just going to roll over and die...

And LeonSagara, while you may be right in Enel not knowing about the nullifying powers, as you said, 'all BB has to do is catch Enel once'. And that, in my opinion, is the hard bit - Enel, with his mantra and grace, can and potentially will dodge all physical attacks thrown at him. If they do get close, Enel can use his staff to defend - stopping BB getting the contact required to nullify his fruit
    Last edited by Kazu-Sama; January 08, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Epic Brofist!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

enel ^^ badassfruit, godlike mantra, logia... what du u want more?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    His Korouzu seems very directional - it pulled Ace in but none of the rubble surrounding them. Enel can move as swiftly as lightning, and merge into objects such as gold or wood - Korouzo seems to me to be unlikely to work, especially with Enel being able to know precisely when and where BB will use it...
    Even if BB does manage to attract Enel, Ace showed how easy it is to counterattack while you're getting sucked towards BB - Enel could do serious damage with that, and then not even be touched by BB by using his staff and athletic talents to dodge/block BB's punch.

Plus, at range, he can easily use Thor or Julungul to do incredible damage from range (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...6/c241/12.html shows Thor destroying a large area) and , not risking touching BB, and he could always go into Amaru if things get bad.

[...]
    Then use Blackhole in the ground to retain him while he get near him to touch and knock-up. I mentioned his resistance because it's the main characteristic of his victory.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware of the fact I may seem irrealistic,but i think ener would win,if this fight goes for a realt fight,instead of oda's little spectacle: ener's mantra should be much higher teach's one,hence he should foresee his attacks. furthermore,eneru has got the supreme rogia,which should allow him to move much faster (and kizaru,who should have been untouchable,was stopped so easily ). if he starts attacking teach with lightnings and then escapes to hide,he should handle it,his power was overwhelming,he was just unlucky that rufy was made of his natural enemy

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard wins easily. Ace couldn't do anything to Blackbeard, neither can Enel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    enel ^^ badassfruit, godlike mantra, logia... what du u want more?
    two fruits?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonsagara View Post
    two fruits?
    Exactly. Enel is utterly screwed. Blackbeard totally trashed a fire logia even before he had Whitebeard's power. Now it's just overkill. All the CoO haki (mantra) in the world doesn't mean a thing, it just alerts you to the fact you're about to get owned by a super strong attack. Plus even Ace, who had the King's haki that Enel lacks, couldn't beat Blackbeard, Enel's screwed. Not even light (or lightning) can escape the pull of the darkness fruit. Blackbeard can either pull you in or just quake you right out of the sky. Totally overpowered.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Exactly. Enel is utterly screwed. Blackbeard totally trashed a fire logia even before he had Whitebeard's power. Now it's just overkill. All the CoO haki (mantra) in the world doesn't mean a thing, it just alerts you to the fact you're about to get owned by a super strong attack. Plus even Ace, who had the King's haki that Enel lacks, couldn't beat Blackbeard, Enel's screwed. Not even light (or lightning) can escape the pull of the darkness fruit. Blackbeard can either pull you in or just quake you right out of the sky. Totally overpowered.
    Blackbeard totally trashed Ace - Ace wouldn't stand a chance vs Enel. By the logic of 'He beat one Logia, he could easily beat another' Blackbeard could defeat all Admirals, and Usopp, after beating Perona, could defeat Whitebeard. Just because he beat one Logia - and one of the weakest Logia users we've seen - he won't necessarily win all matches, or else we should just end OP now since Luffy's beat Moria, Lucci and Caeser Clown.

CoO Haki lets you know essentially see the future - Luffy used it Vs. Mihawk, saw a strong attack, and consequently avoided it. Mihawk is much stronger than Luffy, and yet Luffy was able to avoid injury by using it. Enel is far, far stronger, faster, more athletic, and overall more powerful than Luffy - he's fully capable of using his CoO haki to see BB's attack, then his speed, power, staff, and the ability to merge into objects like trees then move at the speed of lightning to escape. Ace was strong, yeah, but he wasn't top class - Against Admirals or the like Ace wouldn't last long at all. Enel is far stronger than Ace - his DF is described as 'unbeatable' and he lost after a long, hard fight with Luffy - and pretty much all of that fight was Enel unable to use his 'unbeatable' Logia fruit.

If BB decides to pull Enel is (assuming Enel can't avoid it somehow) then all that's doing is giving Enel a chance to seriously injure BB before dodging the punch - After BB pulls you in he goes for physical contact, which Enel, with his strength, agility, and Mantra, is perfectly suited to countering. I think if you think it will be a stomp you need to re-read the Skypeia arc - Enel was far stronger than being beaten by Luffy made him seem: I'd put him at on Admiral Level, and against someone who fights in close quarters, he's as invincible as Robin said...

BB's strong, but relies on physical contact. Enel's speciality is avoiding physical combat. BB is incredibly strong, but this match-up is one that I have to say favours his opponent...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

to get the dragonvoters on enels side:

enels bounty said by oda, if would be on grandline: 500 million
    blackbeard: 0 (last known)

Dont forget the Guragura no mi did nothig against logiausers. They crumbled, but without any injury. The only hope is the black hole, but against lighting with godly Mantra... have luck.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote would go to Blackbeard. We have seen that Enel's mantra is powerful but I think Shanks' haki is more powerful and yet Shanks received a scarred left eye from Blackbeard. Even if Blackbeard gets hurt too much from lightning, I think he would have enough stamina and time to cast his skills. We may not be sure if Blackbeard could use a haki but Blackbeard could just "Kurouzu" and use his dark gravitation to pull Enel like he did against Ace in Banaro Island and against Luffy in the Impel Down. In the chapter 441, Blackbeard states he could suck everything even the lightning too.

If we're talking about bounties, Enel's bounty could have been possibly 500M Beli which is the 2nd highest but the highest bounty ever shown was 550M Beli and it was Ace' former bounty and he was defeated by Blackbeard. And I hope we aren't forgetting that he has a 2nd fruit advantage too which is a quake-quake fruit and his experience from Whitebeard's crew should be enough to defeat Enel.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast