Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: SPOILERS: Bomb Devils role in Outside World arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS: Bomb Devils role in Outside World arc

Now one thing we learned about Genthru and the Bomb Devils throughout the Greed Island arc is that they will do anything for money. They are as close as brothers and will do anything for one another.

We still do not know their reasoning for wanted the reward from winning Greed Island, but if it is money they are after I think it would make sense that the Zodiac would higher the services of the Bomb Devils in order to combat against Beyond Netero's alliances.

I can imagine a huge war like situation breaking out with both sides all before we even get to the Outside world. Question now is, will the Bomb Devils side with the Zodiac or do you think they will side with Beyond Netero?

I cannot wait for the Bomb Devils to make their return but what side will they take?
    Last edited by futurefrog; December 27, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will the Bomb Devils side with the Zodiac or Beyond Netero?

If they're ever to return... hmmm...
    I think it would be interesting to see them somehow strike to steal from both. They've proved their capabilities as combatants and at guerrilla tactics, also their bouldness and companionship. It's an interesting combination IMO, and brings light to the potential of other independent parties to take their own sides during this conflict (Ryodan? The mafia? Other organizations of the world we're yet to met?).
    Now that's quite a scenario, eh?

P.S.: Frog man, pls put spoiler tags in the thread tittle, and edit it to be less spoilerish, if possible. Pls! xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPOILERS: Bomb Devils role in Outside World arc

Whatever that's supposed to happen in the Outside World is clearly out of the league of the Bomb Devils in terms of fighting ability and none of them possess any interesting utility ability that'd be of interest.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine Beyond Netero hiring the Bomb Devils to blow up the Hunter Association headquarters!?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Imagine Beyond Netero hiring the Bomb Devils to blow up the Hunter Association headquarters!?
    If Beyond Netero is supposed to be comparable to Issac Netero in his prime then he's obviously someone who can fight the Spiders plus the Zs at the same time and still win. He's clearly not afraid to be at war with the entire world at the individual level since it's well-known going to the Outside World is taboo (you can't just drop a Rose on him unlike Meryem since he's backed by a major country). I can see him saying something like "Want to hunt me down? Find me at the Outside World!" What would he have to gain by hiring a bunch of guys who are clearly much weaker than himself? I think he'd be interested in hiring a bunch of people with useful special abilities, not so much as fighting power (he presumably covers that). By useful, I'm thinking of stuff like Neon's ability to tell the future.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If Beyond Netero is supposed to be comparable to Issac Netero in his prime then he's obviously someone who can fight the Spiders plus the Zs at the same time and still win. He's clearly not afraid to be at war with the entire world at the individual level since it's well-known going to the Outside World is taboo (you can't just drop a Rose on him unlike Meryem since he's backed by a major country). I can see him saying something like "Want to hunt me down? Find me at the Outside World!" What would he have to gain by hiring a bunch of guys who are clearly much weaker than himself? I think he'd be interested in hiring a bunch of people with useful special abilities, not so much as fighting power (he presumably covers that). By useful, I'm thinking of stuff like Neon's ability to tell the future.
    He is already putting out to call to hire people to join him. The Bomb Devil abilities are very useful to defend themselves or counterattack. I dont know what gives you the impression the Bomb Devils are so weak they are easily on the same level as the spiders. Genthru alone could take out half the spiders. Genthru would fair well against a lot of the Chimera Ants too. He was always shown as a very dominant force, despite his indirect methods. He works in the game of deception but he is more than capable in a head to head battle. I think that its far more like Beyond will want the Bomb Devils than he would want the spiders. In comparison the spiders are pretty damn useless to Beyond. They dont have abilties that would be of any use and they would not follow the order of anyone but Chrollo. I think the Bomb Devils will return definitely they are far stronger than majority of Troupe anyways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly thought Genthru wanted money just as an excuse to kill people seeing as thats similar to how most serial killers work, and he seems to enjoy doing. Is any kind of motive for beating the game given? I'd be interested in seeing them reappear in some capacity, though I have my doubts they have plans much loftier then finding reasons to bully and put fear into people.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; December 28, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I honestly thought Genthru wanted money just as an excuse to kill people, which he seems to enjoy doing. Is any kind of motive for beating the game given?
    Um, the 3 items for beating the game? He's obviously not really planning to honor his contract, and money might not even be his primary motivation given he still continued to play in GI after it was clear he wasn't getting paid. At any rate, why would you care about a measly 50 billion zenny (which isn't a lot of money to a Hunter level character) compared to the absolutely crazily powerful artifacts you get for beating the game? Even the weakest items from GI can easily turn you into a billionaire.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I honestly thought Genthru wanted money just as an excuse to kill people, which he seems to enjoy doing. Is any kind of motive for beating the game given?
    Killing isnt so much a joy to him as it is a means to an end. He wants to win in order to get the money, but we never find out why these 3 Bomb Devils need this money so badly they will kill and decieve to get it. Much like the Troupe however its evident that the 3 have an extremely close bond so much so that part of Genthru's ability requires his two friends to even work. Genthru doesn't appear to kill just because he enjoys it, if he did he could easily have killed Gon but he would have rathered not to kill Gon and simply take his cards. Also his request to Gon to save his friend shows that he cares about life even if it's only his friends life not other peoples life. There is still many questions left unanswered regarding the infamous Bomb Devils and I for one would like to see more of them.
    Last edited by futurefrog; December 28, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Killing isnt so much a joy to him as it is a means to an end. He wants to win in order to get the money, but we never find out why these 3 Bomb Devils need this money so badly they will kill and decieve to get it. Much like the Troupe however its evident that the 3 have an extremely close bond so much so that part of Genthru's ability requires his two friends to even work. There is still many questions left unanswered regarding the infamous Bomb Devils and I for one would like to see more of them.
    He kills the guys because his ability is borderline useless if your opponent knows what it does ahead of time so of course he can't risk having that many people know about it.

He doesn't need the money because he was still playing the game after Zwhatever escaped with the billionaire, nor should he care about the money given how powerful the artifacts from GI are. The Blue Star that Biscuit picked is probably worth more than 50 billion by itself, before even counting stuff that might as well be priceless like Breath of the Archangel.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    He kills the guys because his ability is borderline useless if your opponent knows what it does ahead of time so of course he can't risk having that many people know about it.

He doesn't need the money because he was still playing the game after Zwhatever escaped with the billionaire, nor should he care about the money given how powerful the artifacts from GI are. The Blue Star that Biscuit picked is probably worth more than 50 billion by itself, before even counting stuff that might as well be priceless like Breath of the Archangel.
    IN the end he continues to play as the items can get him the money he desires.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IN the end he continues to play as the items can get him the money he desires.
    I really don't see him trying to sell Breath of the Archangel to the highest bidder back in the real world. He's smart enough to know such a thing is better saved for yourself for emergencies. Since he appears to be a practical man I assume he'll go with the de facto pick of the age reversing pills + archangel + something else. Blue Star seems like a good pick if you're going to sell it, though I'm sure you'd be able to find something more useful than mere money from the list of artifacts.

New Reply