Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Give One Piece 2012 a Score fom 1 to 10 (1 the worst an 10 the best)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

2 3.92%

0 0%

0 0%

1 1.96%

2 3.92%

4 7.84%

7 13.73%

15 29.41%

12 23.53%

8 15.69%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best and the Worst of One Piece in 2012

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Best and the Worst of One Piece in 2012

This Year is almost over, and no other Chaper will hit this year. So its Time to make a resume of 2012.
    Like Last Year we will make it now as start of a little Tradition. Last Years Thread was listed as a Discussion Thread but i think "Review" fits better.

Please express you opinions in this thread following the listed topics:

• Best moment f the year;
    • Character of the year;
    • Best plot twist;
    • Best new character;
    • Best fight of the year;
    • Funniest moment of the year
    • Best surprise of the year;
    • Shame of the year;
    • Worst character
    • Worst new character;
    • Worst fight of the year;
    • Worst surprise of the year.

Remember that only the Actions and the Plot between the Chapters 652 to 694 will count.

And after that please give it an overall Score from 1 to 10 to discribe how good or bad the year 2012 for one piece was.
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; December 30, 2012 at 04:24 PM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Best and the Worst of One Piece in 2012

So i make the start after thinking about a lot. Some points were very hard to chose but i think the conclusion is fair.
    After all its just my opinion.

• Best moment f the year; Well because i am a huge Zoro fan my best Moment this Year was his huge Slash against Monet. That was awesome. And finally it seemed to be a little more epic than the fights on FI

• Character of the year; Well for the best and most epic actions i chose Zoro because of him defeating the Dragon and of course because of the best Panel this year him defeating Monet.

• Best plot twist; Well i had a hard time chosing this because i didnt remember much big plot twists this year. But i chose for Law defeating Smoker. That was for me absolutely unexpected. I thought as a Logia and Haki using Vize Admiral it will be no Problem for Smoker but Law defeated him and i was kind of shoked about the result.

• Best new character; Well for me its without hesitation Kinemon becase of several reasons. Fist i like his humor very much, then because he is Samurai and he leads to a Wanokuni Arc wich i wish for since i knew that Ryuuma is canon to the one piece world. And Last but not Least his fighting Style (Fire Cutting) is interesting and awesome.

• Best fight of the year; Well for the same reasons i chose zoro for the best character i chose his ight agains Monet for the best this year. He gave us some of his awesomeness back wich we missed very hard on FI arc.

• Funniest moment of the year; Uhm... i am very uncertain about this one...

• Best surprise of the year; Well i think the Best Surprise is Donflamingos Move to PH. After he send Baby 5 and Buffalo that was very unexpected. A cliffhanger too hard to be able to wait another 20 Days. I am vey curious how this will turn out.

• Shame of the year; Kinemon using farts to communicate wuth his lower body xD That was disgusting.

• Worst character; Without a doubt Ceasar Clown... He deserved every punch Luffy gave him.

• Worst new character; Same!

• Worst fight of the year; Laws first fight against Vergo. It was awful to see that law gets his ass kicked so hard. But thankfully thi lead to one of the most badass moments this year

• Worst surprise of the year; Well i refere to the cover Story for this point. The Worst Surprise in my opinion is Caribous escap from G5. He is also on of the Characters i dont like but I wonder where this leads to.

Overall i give One Piece for this year a 7/10
    It had some epic Moments espeacially for the last few chapters, but at the beginning it was slowly pacing and it felt like an eternaty until somethin happened.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really loved the introduction of Vergo. The scene of him smiling at the end after Doflamingo told him he appreciated all of his hard work was one of the most heart tugging scenes for me. The increase of Doflamingo's role in the story has also been completely awesome. He is a great character that keeps on getting great depth the more the story goes on.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the gest moment of the year is one and just one: the moment in which we knew there is a plan to take down a yonkou and to turn the new world into a chaos. That is also the major event in this year, and for sure it's the beginning of the way that will put Luffy in Raftel.

• Character of the year;
    He sure has some weak moments. But Law is the star this year. Not only for conceiving his remarkable plan, but also for giving the most amazing hit of the year: his final slash over Vergo's body, ... oh, and over the whole island, by the way.

• Best plot twist;
    To me, to entrance of Doflamingo in the scene. In a, by far, too intricate arc, that took the action to a different level, at least, in terms that we could realized that... yes... this is the wild New World.

• Best new character;
    I love Monet, and the worst moment for me is her death. I also like Baby 5. In the last chapter she was smoking after the rejoining of her parts is just awesome. But to me, and please don't bash me for it, the best new one is Caesar. I know that in November and December much people was trying to punch the screen to help Luffy in his endless fight against him. We were sick of it. But that was not Caesar's fail, but Luffy's fail. Before of that fight, and in some moments of it, I enjoyed his Kabuki like design; he probably is the character with more funny faces in this manga, and he is... the important key of the plan that will take down a Yonkou and a Shishibukay.

Monet vs Zoro.

After stopping the SAD production, Law asking where was Caesar and discovering how smart and strategic is the guy with who he formed and alliance to develop his master plan. Just hilarious... I will include in a second place here, the whole switching personalities moments between Sanji and Nami.

Doflamingo. Wano characters introducing a possible arc about a possible awesome arc.

• Shame of the year;
    Monet's death. Maybe she will survive in the next year.

• Worst character
    I like them all, so the one I like the least would be maybe the Yeti Cold Brothers. ....If it would be for the fights, the worst character of 2012, would be Luffy. But his participation in the alliance is just hilarious. He is the guy.

• Worst new character;
    The brothers.

Yes.... Luffy vs Caesar.

That only three straw hats manage armament haki.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

• Best moment f the year; the combination to takedown the first dragon

• Character of the year; law, hes been giving us surprise after surprise.

• Best plot twist; zoro was able to cut down a huge little ice mountain before go to sleep when the other was sleeping already.

• Best new character; vergo, since he first appear, he was such a badass.

• Best fight of the year; law vs smoker

• Funniest moment of the year. sanji trying to be pervert in nami body,

• Best surprise of the year; law was working with cc

• Shame of the year;CC was not that strong.

• Worst character, brown bear, he was a captain and yet, he didnt fight or show some power move or anything. thats why they just use him the whole arc

• Worst new character; the yeki brother,

• Worst fight of the year; last fight btw luffy and CC, we though cc was going to give the good fight, but end up get K.O by 1 move.

• Worst surprise of the year. kidd is missing a arm.

wow if it was for me. i would be all about zoro too. just look at my signature pic
    Last edited by enmymiguel; December 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

• Best moment of the year; Luffy declaring war to Big Mom.
    • Character of the year; Caesar Clown, he deserves an Oscar.
    • Best plot twist; Vergo being defeated by Law without hardening Busoshoku.
    • Best new character; Kinemon and Momonosuke, they both are very interesting.
    • Best fight of the year; Shichibukai Trafalgar Law Vs Vice Admiral Smoker
    • Funniest moment of the year; The Dragon who talks by farts
    • Best surprise of the year; Sanji graping Nami's boob. At last, he did it!!
    • Shame of the year; The children and everything involved about them.
    • Worst character; Monet, she doesn't have resolve and had a deeper development than any other character in Punk Hazard.
    • Worst new character; Mocha, she will survive for the sake of stupidity.
    • Worst fight of the year; Stoping the children with Robin, Nami and no remember who else. Such a shitty demonstration.
    • Worst surprise of the year; Smiles, fruits made by man. How Vegapunk is able to put curses into the fruits is what i really want to Oda to show me.

I think Punk Hazard deserves a 6, the plot speed the pace about going throw taking off those pirates that are stuck in Grand Line doing nothing. And also Doflamingo is going to be defeated, what else i could ask. But the island itself wasn't something well made like the previous one.
    Last edited by Mr. Arashi; December 30, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: before beingaman,iwasawoman,i'mquitesureaboutit,it'slikewhentheysaythatwitchesusedfrogsandlizardtodotheirpotions,youdontknow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Best moment oty: Law's speech to Vergo and Dofla.

Character oty: Law, definitely.

Best plot twist: The existence of pirate alliances.

Best new char: Kinemon, comedy-wise and abilities-wise.

Best fight oty: Zoro vs Monet. Zoro's fights are usually top notch.

Funniest moment oty: I can't decide which one of CC's faces to choose.

Best surprise oty: Dofla going to the scene.

Shame oty: CC's unimportance... he was too hyped as a villain, comparing to what he turned out to be. At least he's funny.

Worst (new) chars: Yeti cool brothers... were they necessary?

Worst fight oty: If you can even call Luffy vs CC a fight, then that.

Worst surprise oty: I just don't feel right about artificial DF and retrieving DF from users (Smiley). VP manipulating DF is good, but when he starts making his own, it's just... how?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So the current chapter 694 counts for the next year... :/ Okay, fair enough.

Best Moment of the Year
    "I think I might be of use here" - Tashigi.

Character of the year
    Besides the Straw Hats, the choice is clear:
    Trafalgar it is, oh yes my dear.

Best plot twist
    The Supernova alliances.

Best new character
    Out of Baby 5, Vergo, Ceasar, Monet, Kinemon, Momonosuke, Mocha and the rest of the kids, I choose the pervy one: Kinemon.

Best fight of the year
    There were "Law vs. Smoker and Tashigi", "Luffy vs. Caesar Clown", "Sanji vs. Vergo", "Law and Smoker vs. Vergo", "Zoro and Tashigi vs. Monet" and the starting "Franky vs. Baby 5 and Buffalo"...

Let's pick the "Zoro and Tashigi vs. Monet", and I add up Tashigi to the "Zoro vs. Monet" because Zoro failed to protect Robin, Nami and Chopper.

Funniest moment of the year
    Pretty hard to decide between Sanji's "We are NAMI!!!!", Chopper being put on Law's hat and Franky going on rampage as Monster Chopper. :/

Best surprise of the year
    Trafalgar Law being a shichibukai and on Punk Hazard.

Shame of the year
    The TV adaption: Too many bad plot changes and fillers. Couldn't care less about the anime stuff: Caesar stabs Monet's heart thinking it was Smoker's.

Worst character
    Caribou

Worst new character
    Caesar Clown

Worst fight of the year
    Sanji vs. Vergo

Worst surprise of the year
    Smoker having lost twice in this arc to an enemy in a battle. How would he ever be able to keep up with Luffy then?
    Last edited by hoeru; December 30, 2012 at 06:50 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    So the current chapter 694 counts for the next year... :/ Okay, fair enough.
    No, of course it counts for 2012. It was obviously a typing mistake of my own ^^ - Its edited now

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, now I have to consider Monet's death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law cutting that mountain in half and making Doflamingo look angry for the first time. This is how we know this New World shit's really starting now.

• Character of the year;
    Law for being badass and very interesting, I was surprised he made an appearance this soon and didn't think he'd be this important in an arc.

• Best plot twist;
    SAD being a substance used to make artificial Zoan DF's for Doflamingo and a Yonkou. If that counts as a plot twist.

• Best new character;
    Kinemon I guess. It's hard to say, aside from Kinemon I really liked Monet, Vergo and Baby 5, but Kinemon will probably do more for the plot, especially considering two of the latter three are no longer going to be appearing most likely.

Smoker and Law vs Vergo

Baby Five. All of her moments in general were funny, but Missile Girl is awesome. And that way she fights with Buffalo is amusing. I love Baby 5, but I have a feeling she'll probably get defeated soon, so thats why I gave best new character to Kinemon, since he was so important and we'll probably be a big part of the next arc.

Doflamingo heading to confront the Straw Hats already. Doflamingo being heavily involved in general to be honest.....I should have expected that he was Joker now that I look back on it, it was pretty obvious, but yeah. It's about damn time Doflamingo got some real screen time and plot relevance, and Oda is giving us more and more of him.

• Shame of the year;
    Oda not having the balls to kill Brownbeard.....come on Oda. You can't even kill Brownbeard?! I do feel bad for him though.

• Worst character
    I have a hard time deciding whose the worst, so I'll just pick the one whose not a new character for this one. Brownbeard. Long outlived his usefulness for the arc's story yet....well just read above.

• Worst new character;
    Mocha. Oda wasted a whole chapter on her. I get it, Caesar's a bad guy and what he did to the kids is sad. Boo-hoo. She didn't need all that screentime. And she made Chopper have an annoying emotional crying scene.

The fight against the generic suboordinates of Caesar. Took longer than it should have, and yeah just boring and one-sided.

Smoker being so much weaker than Law. Smoker's badass, but damn he really got his ass handed to him a lot this arc....

This arc is very solid, I don't know where it ranks among all of the arcs yet in my opinion yet, but it would probably be highish. The fact that this came after FI makes it even better, and more refreshing.....I was really questioning Oda for awhile there. Good thing he decided to dive right into the good stuff after finally starting the New World journey.
    Last edited by exacta; December 30, 2012 at 08:50 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

• Best moment of the year:
    It was not so long ago when Law defeated Vergo and told DD what he had planned (kinda).
    It was nice seeing how Oda was telling us, the readers, what he is planningand how PH all makes sense in a bigger plot.

• Character of the year:
    Trafalger fucking Law!

• Best plot twist:
    Law apearing on Punk Hazard, at least one of the best for me. But Ceaser, DoFlamingo and some Yonko working together was also a nice one.

• Best new character;
    Kinemon
    he's likeable, funny and a great father! I still want him to end up joining Law, and also get a explanation on how he ended on PH and got cut up (and ended on different places of the island) by Law.

• Best fight of the year
    None of the fights were really that good, but they had great moments in them.
    Zoro VS Monet: Zoro was a badass
    Law VS Smoker: The end result..
    Luffy vs CC (the 1st time): Also the end result.

Spoiler show

- Law want to form an alliance with Luffy.
    - Seeing Kidd, Killer, Hawkins and Apoo.

• Shame of the year;
    For me it was making only the Monster Trio having Haki. Both Robin and Usopp trained with strong teachers, they should also be able to use it.
    If Oda makes the Monster Trio able to use all 3 kinds of Haki, I'm going to be dissapointed..

• Worst character
    Chopper - There's no cool about Monster Point if you overuse it.. No matter how awesome the voice is..

• Worst new character;
    The COOL brothers?.. what happend to them?

Almost every single one of the fights were not that good, but as said above, they had great moments in them.

Punk Hazard was not a short arc..
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    [LIST][*] Best moment of the year; Luffy declaring war to Big Mom.
    That is 2011, but yes, it could be overall best moment of 2011 and 2012. XD

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

• Best moment f the year.
    Law speech to Doflamingo.
    • Character of the year.
    Law, even if I hate him He has proven to be the most interesting thing this year.
    • Best plot twist.
    SAD is used to make Devils Fruit. :O
    • Best new character.
    Kinemon. I just adore him as a character. Wano Kuni, here we go!
    • Best fight of the year.
    None. But if I'm forced to pick one...Baby 5 vs Doflamingo.
    • Funniest moment of the year.
    Mugiwara Personality Shamble. :O
    • Best surprise of the year.
    Alliances I guess.
    • Shame of the year.
    Everything. I did not enjoyed One Piece this year and the one before due LAME villains in each arcs.
    • Worst character.
    CC, Yeti...I don't know, but they were boring at most. Even CC who had an interesting ability was kinda lame in the end.
    • Worst new character.
    Yet Cool Brothers.
    • Worst fight of the year.
    Vergo vs Smoker. Or almost every other one aside Baby 5.
    IT NEVER ENDED :O I'm happy we're reaching to an end. This arc should have been hell shorter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing : Law