Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wind Logia

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wind Logia

With the reveal of a snow logia, I think it's been made pretty obvious that there will indeed be a wind logia sometime down the road (like we needed any more evidence). Now, what do you expect from the wind logia? To what extent will its powers include? Who will have ate the wind logia? I think the wind logia will be more of a defensive weapon; bursts of air seem better at repelling a person than hurting them. I also think it can push clouds and create storms if the right clouds are used. If you can't see where I'm going with this, I think Dragon has ate the wind logia. It makes sense because I think the wind logia will be extremely powerful and only makes sense that the World's Strongest Man (in my opinion) has it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wind Logia

Since Chapter 100 i always thought (and i still do) that if a Wid DF exists, it is Dragon who holds this Power. Kinda uncertain though if its really a Logia (although its very likely).

But i have to add that sincei knew about Mythical Zoan and with it being able to have 2 Powers within one DF its possible that Dragon has a Mythical Dragon Zoan wich is also able to controll the wind.
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; December 28, 2012 at 03:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Now how is it "very likely" that a Wind Logia exists only because there's a Snow Logia? Monet didn't cast Blizzards, did she? The climate of Punk Hazard was caused by the battle of Akainu and Aokiji.

Paramecia, maybe. But logia? I highly doubt that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Now how is it "very likely" that a Wind Logia exists only because there's a Snow Logia?
    I meant that if a Wind based Devil Fruit exists its likely that it will be a Logia Fruit. Likely, not definately. As a chance i would say 70:30.
    I mean we are talking about possibilities, nothing certain, so please dont act like some thinks are highly impossible and that you kow everything.

I, for myself, cant imagine an Paramecia Wind Controlling Fruit because maybe it would be too close to Erik and his Whirlwind Fruit. Wich is Filler stuff but approved by oda.
    Spoiler show

An Air-Based Logia Devil Fruit, because Air is one of the Elements, is rather Possible. And with the Power to Controll Air and everything this Power covers its pretty much clear that this would be one of the most powerfull Fruits and that would fit to Dragon as being one of the most dangerous men.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    I meant that if a Wind based Devil Fruit exists its likely that it will be a Logia Fruit. Likely, not definately. As a chance i would say 70:30.
    I mean we are talking about possibilities, nothing certain, so please dont act like some thinks are highly impossible and that you kow everything.

I, for myself, cant imagine an Paramecia Wind Controlling Fruit because maybe it would be too close to Erik and his Whirlwind Fruit. Wich is Filler stuff but approved by oda.
    Spoiler show

An Air-Based Logia Devil Fruit, because Air is one of the Elements, is rather Possible. And with the Power to Controll Air and everything this Power covers its pretty much clear that this would be one of the most powerfull Fruits and that would fit to Dragon as being one of the most dangerous men.
    Possible, but there would be much stronger DFs out there. I mean, CC was probably capable of doing a lot of what someone with an Air logia can do and more. Though I do agree that Dragon does have something related to the weather, he doesn't need to be limited to just wind. He could have the weather weather no mi or maybe the pressure pressure no mi, both of which would probably be more dangerous than a wind logia, especially in the NW where being a logia doesn't count for much.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there could already be a person who can use a Kaze Kaze no fruit......
    I'm talking about Dragon; everytime that he appears there is always a strong wind, and at Logue Town it helped the Mugiwara crew to escape.
    Having said this, I think that in this case the fruit would be a Paramisha.

P.S: Coludn't you change the title of the thread so that we can discuss not about a single fruit, but about all the possible ones?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post

Spoiler show

Well , we had magma DF and flame DF . Where we were told that Magma is somewhat a greater version of flame . Hence , there might still be a kaze kaze logia fruit .
    Also , I'd be dissapointed if Dragon had it . I want a new character (one who would either battle or team up with Enel) to own the fruit . Also I want that person to join SH .They should have atleast 1 logia with 'em

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... well Caesar Clown already has a logia fruit that can control air. It doesn't control the weather, but it controls all sorts of gasses within his range.

But that doesn't mean there can't be another logia fruit that is similar. As was already pointed out, Akainu and Ace are both fire-type logias (magma and flame). But also, Aokiji and Monet are both frozen-water-type logias (ice and snow). Kizaru and Enel are both energy-type logias (light and lightning). Crocodile and Caribou are both earth-type logias (sand and mud).

So who knows what else is out there? Aokiji and Akainu were each able to change the whole environment of half an island. So it's very possible that a really strong person with an air-type logia power could change the environment in a similar way, affecting the surrounding weather in the range of half and island or so. And we do have strong indications that Dragon is capable of that.

So does that mean he has a weather power? Maybe it's just coincidence? Does that mean he has a logia power? Not necessarily, but who knows?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

With a wind logia, wind could push clouds to certain places in order to create storms. There have been many hints of Dragon having a wind logia as wind is always seen an associated with Dragon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

"Wind logia" is better than "Air logia", because it allows for a more interesting set of abilities than just a part of CC's. "Wind" as in moving air. You can make a barrier with wind. You can cut with precise fast streams of wind. You can push things/ppl with creating a huge pressure gradient. (You can also drop pressure so much that you'd create vacuum, which could, depending on the way OP physics behaves at that point, either suffocate or rip the body.) Controlling weather to some extent is also possible.
    The most haxxed ability of a wind logia is disappearing into wind, both figuratively and literally. That'd make you invisible and intangible... which is why we most likely won't see one yeah, a wind paramecia with at least part of the previously mentioned set of abilities is more likely.

It's possible that Dragon has a wind DF, considering the storms. It's also possible he just has a storm DF, or that he has some other or doesn't have any at all. That's really hard to decide at this point...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wind is just a movement of air. All the logias are some kind of substances. I predicted long ago that Dragon could be an air logia. A person who controls air can make winds just like Crocodile and Smoker can make their sand/smoke move. Basically, with enough mastery and knowledge, such a person could control the weather. Just imagine someone with Nami's knowledge in posession of such a fruit. Ouch.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can't get out of my head Aang.
    Anyway, I believe Dragon has the Mythical Zoan rather than the Air Logia fruit.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't a Wind DF would actually exists. However, a DF that happens to be able to control the wind seems more likely. I feel it'd some sort of Weather controlling Paramecia rather than a Logia. And with recent events, it's proven that you don't need a Logia DF to be a god. Complete control of your DF as well as strong control over Haki is more important, useful and in some cases powerful. I think Marco is one of the best examples of this although we can't forget the strength of Whitebeard.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so true.
    You can most certainly be godly with a Zoan or Paramecia in this series.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Wind is just a movement of air. All the logias are some kind of substances. I predicted long ago that Dragon could be an air logia. A person who controls air can make winds just like Crocodile and Smoker can make their sand/smoke move. Basically, with enough mastery and knowledge, such a person could control the weather. Just imagine someone with Nami's knowledge in posession of such a fruit. Ouch.
    Air is a substance. It's a breathable mix of oxygen, nitrogen, CO2, 03, etc. Air is a gas, ever bit as much a substance as solids and liquids. We only recently had a gas logia. Wind logia is very much possible, allowing the user to take on the properties of the atmosphere. To me creating high speed winds sounds more like a parameica. I happen to agree it would be a redundant power. But if Monet can be a snow logia, while Aokiji is an ice logia, there's no reason Oda could not come up with a wind logia.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast