Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 26 of 84 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1248

Thread: Madara thread

  1. #376
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Slow down there, don't involve Minato in everything. The only one that was said to be stronger than Hashirama is Hiruzen.
    That's false. Kishi mentioned Minato & Sarubobi being the strongest dead ninjas.

  2. #377
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    That's false. Kishi mentioned Minato & Sarubobi being the strongest dead ninjas.
    That's a false & fake interview. It's quite astonishing someone still believes it.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #378
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    It wasn't just databooks or interviews but it was also implied in the manga. Kishi wasn't obligated to say whom was stronger either yet he said it (thus until he says otherwise, we can't oppose his words regardless of our doubts).
    Where, in Part 2, was implied that Hiruzen > Hashirama?
    As 3c showed, Dan and Kabuto's statements pretty much shatters Iruka's statement

  5. #379
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That's a false & fake interview. It's quite astonishing someone still believes it.
    It wasn't proven fake or false.

    ---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Where, in Part 2, was implied that Hiruzen > Hashirama?
    As 3c showed, Dan and Kabuto's statements pretty much shatters Iruka's statement
    Dan's personal opinion vs Kishi's very statement. It's like Shikamaru's dada said (about legends).

  6. #380
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    It wasn't proven fake or false.
    Please stop, it was proven fake years ago. Just stop. Even ShounenSuki the personal translator of the Naruto's wiki, proved it's a fake interview. So just stop.

  7. #381
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Madara probably referred to his then-current state when he said only Hashirama was capable of stopping him. He fought Hashirama many times and knew of his power more than anyone else. It'll be pretty bold if I said Hashirama would be able to defeat Madara with Rinnegan. However, he'd most likely force Madara into using his Rinnegan abilities. Because he had the power to withstand the Perfect Susano'o.

    Moreover, since the Mokuton Madara is using is an ability created from Hashirama's cells, I'm almost certainly positive that Madara's Mokuton is inferior to that of Hashirama's. Just like Kakashi's Sharingan, Yamato's Mokuton, Nagato's Rinnegan proved us, an unnaturally gained ability cannot stand up to its master's prowess.
    That's why Hashirama would still be the only one that could possibly stand up to Madara even by today's standards, or, to say the very least, ihe would be the dead last person Madara would want to face off (also, in a way, the first person, since he really wanted to defeat him, out of admiration and hatred, explained by himself).

  8. #382
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Dan's personal opinion vs Kishi's very statement. It's like Shikamaru's dada said (about legends).
    Not only Dan was someone who witnessed Hiruzen's prime ( having the same age of Tsunade ), but his opinion is reinforced by Kabuto's own.
    Even by itself, Dan's statement has way more weight than Iruka's, since Iruka was only a noob Chuunin who saw Hiruzen only as an old man.

    And again, that was Part 1, this is Part 2

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #383
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    This argument is meaningless. Sarutobi is as powerful as Kishi decides he is. During Part 1, it was obvious from the fact that Sarutobi had to face off against both Shodaime and Niidaime that Kishi intended for his title of 'God of Shinobi' to hold some meaning. In Part 2, we saw that what Sarutobi showed was short of being a joke compared to the heavyweights out there, even individuals from his own generation. Bloodlines and monsters make ninjas in Part 2, and Sarutobi is clearly lacking in that department. Kishi gave Sarutobi legend status, but the manga, and the world, moved forward and Sarutobi was left stagnant. This argument comes down to the inconsistencies of Kishi's storytelling. Sarutobi's battle against Sho and Nii was meant to be epic, but as the manga grew the scope of techniques followed. Now any jounin with half decent talent is pulling off techniques that match those of Sarutobi. Maybe some day Kishi is going to give us a decent flahback of Sandaime in action so that he catches up, but at the moment we are left with Sarutobi looking like nothing more than a relic during his battle. What has happened with Sarutobi is the same that has happened with others as the manga moved on. Zabuza was supposedly some dangerous jounin, but any of the rookies could probably stomp him at this point. Unfortunately for Sarutobi and Zabuza, and others that died early on, they missed out on the overpowered battles of the current Naruto.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #384
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    This argument is meaningless. Sarutobi is as powerful as Kishi decides he is. During Part 1, it was obvious from the fact that Sarutobi had to face off against both Shodaime and Niidaime that Kishi intended for his title of 'God of Shinobi' to hold some meaning. In Part 2, we saw that what Sarutobi showed was short of being a joke compared to the heavyweights out there, even individuals from his own generation. Bloodlines and monsters make ninjas in Part 2, and Sarutobi is clearly lacking in that department. Kishi gave Sarutobi legend status, but the manga, and the world, moved forward and Sarutobi was left stagnant. This argument comes down to the inconsistencies of Kishi's storytelling. Sarutobi's battle against Sho and Nii was meant to be epic, but as the manga grew the scope of techniques followed. Now any jounin with half decent talent is pulling off techniques that match those of Sarutobi. Maybe some day Kishi is going to give us a decent flahback of Sandaime in action so that he catches up, but at the moment we are left with Sarutobi looking like nothing more than a relic during his battle. What has happened with Sarutobi is the same that has happened with others as the manga moved on. Zabuza was supposedly some dangerous jounin, but any of the rookies could probably stomp him at this point. Unfortunately for Sarutobi and Zabuza, and others that died early on, they missed out on the overpowered battles of the current Naruto.
    Well said man

  13. #385
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    @Impossibility


    For the last time Sarutobi did NOT had to fight Hashirama and Tobirama... He had to fight 2 brain dead retards using mostly taijutsu and kunai's. Curently Naruto needed and army of himself + huge rasengan + Kurama infusion to stop even 1 wave of Mokuton roots coming his way. How about polen? Dragon? How about TACTICS? Nothing like that existed. Why the bloody hell would you trow that genjutsu at Sarutobi go in with Kunai's? He could summon a bloody forest and crust Sarutobi easy... Again brain DEAD Hokages.

    But i do agree with the rest.

  14. #386
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,823
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    There is huge hole in that fight, though. Hiruzen, who was clearly not in his prime anymore fought two prime time Shinobi of Kage level, and Orochimaru, who was also not below that level, either. If this was a hypothetic battle in which Hiruzen was also in his prime, this could have been sort of believable, or at least, debatable, but the way he pulled this out, it just looked like a cheap move.
    Orochimaru was almost impossible to stop by that time. That's why fellow Konoha Shinobi wished Minato was there, as he was the only one that could stop Orochimaru at that point.

    It's not about winning the debate or not. I just can't seem to see bringing all these pieces together without violating consistency (=
    But Orochimaru himself said that if Hiruzen was ten years younger, he could have defeated Orochimaru. Which leads us to believe he'd have done much better against Hashirama and Tobirama, but that fight shouldn't be taken as an indication of strenght. All we got was a slight glimpse of what both -Rama could do, and just how much power Hiruzen lost due to age. Throughout the fight you have so many people saying that Hiruzen was nowhere near the level he was, if he was younger he'd have won, and etc.


    Only reason why HIruzen and Anko mentioned Minato is because of Hiruzen's old age rendering him unable to beat Orochimaru, whereas Minato would have had a better chance. If HIruzen was younger, then he wouldn't have mentioned Minato. Besides, I don't think HIruzen or Minato could kill White Snake Orochimaru, not without sacrificing themselves anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    I'm not convinced Hashirama could stop Edo Madara, I do think he can stop EMS Madara however, they are probably pretty close in power, I would say Hiruzen is a step below that with the 2nd Hokage under him.

    I do not believe Hiruzen could defeat Hashirama but I do believe both he and Minato could hold their own in that group of power houses, you can't take what we saw then VS what we saw now, words are important, all dialogue implies people like Minato and Hiruzen could fall under that tier of power with Madara and the like, you have to account for the fact that Kishi's art and thoughts have changed over the years, do you think if Madara was fighting around when the Chuunin exam happened, that it would be anything like today?

    No, the power was scaled on an entirely different level, it doesn't mean the dead characters all magically got stronger per say, it means their power is displayed differently.
    You can't put Minato on the same tier of power with Madara and others, though. Minato hasn't shown that kind of power, it's his speed and Hiraishin that make him dangerous. Hashirama and Madara can stop bijuu with their power (Mokuton or SUsano'o) and cause widespread destruction. As far as we know about Hiruzen, neither he nor Minato can do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    That's false. Kishi mentioned Minato & Sarubobi being the strongest dead ninjas.
    So what? Stop using interviews or databooks to back your beliefs up, use the manga. Manga actions can't be contradicted, but anything Kishi says in an interview or writes in databooks or has characters say can be contradicted. Kishi can have Minato say Itachi would beat him, but show that Minato is more powerful than Itachi and hint that Minato could beat Itachi. WHat are you gonna believe? Minato's statement or actions that show Minato could beat Itachi?

    What Kishi says in an interview is meaningless, because he can write the opposite without breaking continuity.




    Anyway, I don't think it's fair to judge HIruzen's strength. I'm sure if we saw him in action now during his prime, he'd be shown much stronger and better, able to rival most kage. At least, Kishi hopefully writes it that way to keep up with statements in Part I. It's like, in Part II all hokage but Hashirama and Minato were forgotten. Minato's only been mentioned for his speed, while Hashirama's been mentioned for his power and everything.

  15. #387
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795
    Hishirama is in fact capable of stopping Madara (it doesn't mean he is stronger now but he is capable of stopping him). From Madara's own words, you should understand that.
    "I told you already, only Hashirama is capable of stopping me". http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...89-page-7.html
    He said only Hashirama is capable of stopping him. Not "Even now that I'm a fucking immortal with access to the Rinnegan Hashirama is the only person capable fo stopping me."

    @marshall313: You're lying again. This is what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    Madara who had the rinnegan, who had the perfect susanoo and the meteor just stated that only hashirama can stop him now. As in now in his current power. The way he hailed hashirama's name, the way he defined hashirama's power, yea, I can conclude hashirama is still superior to madara.
    First you said that Madara said that only Hashirama can stop him NOW. Which was wrong. Then I said prove it, and you showed TWO scans where Madara doesn't even mention Hashirama. THEN when I called you on it, you said "No, I said Kabuto said it!" to try to downplay being caught. And unsurprisingly that was a lie aswell. The closest thing to what you're trying to say was posted by Kay3795, and he was just as wrong as you were.

    So drop it.

  16. #388
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    He said only Hashirama is capable of stopping him. Not "Even now that I'm a fucking immortal with access to the Rinnegan Hashirama is the only person capable fo stopping me.".
    But the Kage were lucky that Hashirama wasn't there, according to Madara, since the maps wouldn't have to be redrawn so drastically. That means Hashirama would at least put up a fight in that state of his and would do much, much better than the Kage team did combined.
    Then again, it's not the same as he would stop Madara right there, I agree.

  17. #389
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Kay, I had enough...

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Well, that's your opinion.
    No. it's not my opinion, it's a fact.

    Quote Quote:
    But does it OK for someone to say that minato
    Stop right there. You always bring Minato in everything. What does Minato has to do with this? NOTHING. But then again, like I said, you bring Minato in every discussion even he has no place in it. Especially when Uchihas are concerned. Face it, Minato is dead and is not playing any relevance in this story any more.

    With this said, moving on.

    Quote Quote:
    is a bug compared to madara? Has he lost his credibility too?

    It's OK for someone to say that minato is freaking useless to any of the uchiha, especially to sasuke? Has they lost their credibility too?

    It's OK for someone to say that minato is a fodder to itachi? Does they lost their credibility too?
    OK, nobody in this thread said anything remotely close to this. You pulled it outta your ass, just like the "Hashirama stomped Madara like a fodder!!!" bit. But to answer the question, yes, you would've lost credibility if you said that. But it wouldn't even be CLOSE to saying that Hashirama has beaten Madara like a fodder, when they had NUMEROUS fights and Madara was still alive and kicking while Hashirama died. What does that mean?

    WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE how the fight really went. So drop your act.

    Quote Quote:
    If not, then saying that I lost my credibility when I said that madara is a fodder compared to hashirama is somehow a biased argument.
    Biased argument is everything you post. Biased towards Minato.

    Quote Quote:
    Madara used the kyubi to fight hashirama? Why? Because his power isn't enough to defeat hashirama.
    Durr. He was fighting a VILLAGE. And Hashirama was known to own a lot of Bijuu as well. Hurr.

    Quote Quote:
    Madara is just lucky on why he's still alive. While hashirama, after that fight was still alright.
    Show me a scan of this. Haha, good luck.

    Quote Quote:
    Madara hiding on the cave for how many years? Even though hashirama is already dead.
    What do you mean...hiding? Outliving Hashirama is now considered to be hiding to you?

    Quote Quote:
    Madara gained that rinnegan and yet he was so fond to used hashirama's jutsus, why? Because he remembered how those jutsu bitchslapped him.
    See, there we go again. You lost the credibility you don't even posses anymore. Why do I even bother typing this to you then?...

    Quote Quote:
    The way ha hailed hashirama's name, and the way he remembering the old times together with hashirama is kinda odd. He was no doubt jealous on hashirama's power/caliber.
    Are you serious? He said THESE lines "He (hashirama) was the person I hated, and the person I admired". I actually have SCAN to prove this. You, and your "theories", do not.

    Quote Quote:
    And lastly, the way kabuto defined hashirama's power as a myth like the rikudou is enough for me to say that their power level, even now, aren't comparable. It's just my opinion. Nothing more.
    You're wrong. All there is.

    Quote Quote:
    That ''fodder''was specifically counter to someone's post for saying that minato is a bug. Because for God's sake, minato and hashirama are the only one who can kill madara. Not itachi and there's no way in hell that t'was sasuke.
    That this and it. You specifically kept going at it again, just look at the quote for "bitchslapping" before.

    Quote Quote:
    A bug who can kill madara in an instant isnt a useless bug at all.
    You mean Minato? Killing Madara instantly? !!!111

    Quote Quote:
    If that bug can't really fight madara head on, then he can seal him in an instant. End of game. Thus the bug is useless? I doubt that.
    Yes. Good bye. Minato has no place in this discussion.

  18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #390
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The 3rd Hokage is PROBABLY stronger than Madara

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But Orochimaru himself said that if Hiruzen was ten years younger, he could have defeated Orochimaru. Which leads us to believe he'd have done much better against Hashirama and Tobirama, but that fight shouldn't be taken as an indication of strenght. All we got was a slight glimpse of what both -Rama could do, and just how much power Hiruzen lost due to age. Throughout the fight you have so many people saying that Hiruzen was nowhere near the level he was, if he was younger he'd have won, and etc.
    Well, indeed, we never got to see how prime Hiruzen would fight in that situation. But I can't really keep up with the ages anymore. What is the threshold that age really starts taking effect? Sannin and Raikage are above their fifties and not slowing down. Oonoki is even far more aged and apart from the back aches he has, he has showed excellent combat abilities.
    That makes me wonder why Hiruzen was shown to be the only one effected by aging. Hanzou was also weakened over time for all we know, but it was not due to age. It was because him getting rusty after losing his will to fight for his ideals.

    You are right. He was forced to come out of retirement, after all.

New Reply
Page 26 of 84 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts