Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 218 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 218 Discussion Thread

It was what should have been expected of the chapter thou i must admit i wasnt expecting a force this big. Also those giraffes clearly has pokemon issues. hopefully after buffing himself up mamsam will fight. Other than that staajuun shows his fire abilities are kinda interesting thou what begs the question is what the hell is zaus is doing while the freaking tent is burning. Gives good vibes for the next chapter but somehow we probably wont be seeing Toriko vs Staajuun. Cant w8 either way

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bucho's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

it was just epic and staarjun was such a badass just awesome ...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah another epic chapter, as expected.
    Star truly is badass and now that he is face to face with Toriko, I can't wait to see the extent of his power; another epic fight to look forward to.
    Talking about knowing one's true power, I really hope to see something from Hansam and I must say that preview is awesome.
    This arc is gong to be the best of all, too bad we won't see the Festival continue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter and I know the next chapters are gonna be even better! Poison Sound Armor...nice! But as much as I'm ready to see Star and Toriko fight, I think I want to see Mansam and Rin let loose more. I think the author has the opportunity here to show that Rin, who has gourmet cells, can do more than just spray perfume.

I'm also ready to see the cooks fight. Yuda and Setsuno were standing there calm; especially Yuda who was like...I think they forgot who they were coming to deal with. I really hope we see them in action.

As far as battles go...we know its gonna be Toriko vs. Star and Mansam/Rin vs. a bunch of beasts and GT Robo. Besides that I would like to see:

Grinpatch vs. Sani
    TommyRod vs. Coco
    Kaitora (assuming he's there; if not then someone on his level) vs Zebra

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Zebra would be more suited to Grinpatch tho, but Coco is the perfect opponent for Tommyrod, at least he'd render his annoying insects useless so that's something good

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just 1 of those GT robos was enough to fight on par with one of the 4HKs not long ago but I think they will just get swept into a sub-fight that is only shown a little to give readers a general idea of how the battle is going. I'm hoping we will get to see tons of the top 100 chefs fighting monsters and robos. Hoping that many of the chefs highlighted in previous chapters get a little bit of action.

I also noticed Komatsu was withstanding heat that even Sani said was hot, and this whole chapter covered about 60 seconds. A lot to process and a lot of possible fights.
    Devour this Manga

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    Just 1 of those GT robos was enough to fight on par with one of the 4HKs not long ago but I think they will just get swept into a sub-fight that is only shown a little to give readers a general idea of how the battle is going. I'm hoping we will get to see tons of the top 100 chefs fighting monsters and robos. Hoping that many of the chefs highlighted in previous chapters get a little bit of action.

I also noticed Komatsu was withstanding heat that even Sani said was hot, and this whole chapter covered about 60 seconds. A lot to process and a lot of possible fights.
    It still depends on who's controlling the GT robot. If they're just some Bishokukai thugs, then it's not a problem to the chefs.
    And about Komatsu withstanding the fire, I think it's Zebra's sound armor protecting him. Or maybe Star could control his flames and purposely avoided Komatsu's body.

Zaus' disappearance is really puzzling. I don't think a chef like him would be that easy to capture. Unless it's the traitor from 0th biotope who captured him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post

4 HK pre Food Honor are nothing like HK post Food Honor, I thought the author made that extremely clear, also let's not forget that he was fighting a GT Robot, he was at disadvantage to begin with, but right now, one must be batshit strong to beat Coco and his poison seriously

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing Zaus in this chapter, it makes me think that it might be possible for Zaus to have already join the enemy. It would caused despair and makes the battlefield more even.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    After seeing Zaus in this chapter, it makes me think that it might be possible for Zaus to have already join the enemy. It would caused despair and makes the battlefield more even.
    Could be. Maybe he knows the Bishokukai are coming that's why he said "as long as time allows". And what he meant by "the last time" was because he would be banned after that and he wouldn't be able to join the fest anymore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Zaus' disappearance is really puzzling. I don't think a chef like him would be that easy to capture. Unless it's the traitor from 0th biotope who captured him.
    Yeah, that's really a shame since I believe that it is about time for the one who is in the Top of the Ranking to finally make a move.
    "Marine Admirals"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought he meant for the last time, because he felt that the War is going to break out and most of the best Chefs would participate in it. Also he might have felt the attack coming and felt that it might be a fight to death, so he thought that it might be his last Cooking Fest.

I don't know, but I seriously doubt that Zaus would join Bishokukai, especially since he seems to be from the same group that Setsuno more or less. Among the current Chefs only he, Setsuno and Yuda seem to actually be a real threatr for Bishokukai. And maybe Buranchi to some point.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I actually thought he meant for the last time, because he felt that the War is going to break out and most of the best Chefs would participate in it. Also he might have felt the attack coming and felt that it might be a fight to death, so he thought that it might be his last Cooking Fest.

I don't know, but I seriously doubt that Zaus would join Bishokukai, especially since he seems to be from the same group that Setsuno more or less. Among the current Chefs only he, Setsuno and Yuda seem to actually be a real threatr for Bishokukai. And maybe Buranchi to some point.
    Buranchi is also a real threat since he's on the Top 3 and the most delinquent among the Chefs. And yeah, it's impossible that Zaus will join the Bishokukai since he and Setsuno appears to have a closer connection to the Chef God Fohze in comparison to the other younger chefs.
    "Marine Admirals"

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3