Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: One Piece 2013 - Expectations and Hopes!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 2013 - Expectations and Hopes!

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I hope that Oda will finally figure out how to handle fights post-timeskip. We didn't get a real fight in more than two years.
    agreed,even the war wasn't a real fight,oda really couldn't handle it! (marco and wb were just watching and not fighting,crocodile,jinbe,mihawk and the others didn't really fight,they just exchanged punches.)

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I hope he does not reduce his breaks. A happy and healthy Oda will give us better chapters than a tired and sick one.
    in fact,he should learn how to improve himself without taking breaks

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    in fact,he should learn how to improve himself without taking breaks
    People who work for money and who have their own family take their leave. And in fact, most of us here are reading the current chapters illegally whitout him earning any more money from it than his share from Jump magazine... So quit complaining already, he's not our slave. It's without any respect even if meant funny.

Sorry, but this has been so incredibly annoying...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't tell me so, I do buy volumes,dunno whether you do,instead. about the shonen jump,I've got 2 of them through my cousin who works in an airport,and found a left magazine,and I must say that the quality of the scan is so low that I'd never buy them. jokes aside,I know drawing manga is really hard,and that's why I acknowledge TORIYAMA-sama and kishimoto not for taking/having taken many breaks. peace

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know Toriyama never took that much breaks? He published Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball in Jump long before you started reading manga...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't tell me so, I do buy volumes,dunno whether you do,instead. about the shonen jump,I've got 2 of them through my cousin who works in an airport,and found a left magazine,and I must say that the quality of the scan is so low that I'd never buy them. jokes aside,I know drawing manga is really hard,and that's why I acknowledge TORIYAMA-sama and kishimoto not for taking/having taken many breaks. peace
    Two volumes that's it? You don't sound like a supporter. The only manga I complain about are those I buy. I acquired almost every one piece volume in English except 14 to 19 and I'm missing vol 62. I own every volume of dragonball the DVDs and berserk volumes 22 to 34. I need to step up my Toriko air gear and hunter x hunter collections. But honestly if you're complaining about breaks which artists from wsj barely take nowadays when you're a supporter when you see fit doesn't quite make sense. How much of naruto or db do you own? Manga is an art and some of them are legacies of these authors. These guys work hard whether you like the story or not they're not robots. Let me see you write and draw these stories and even when you're out of the magazine for a week you're constantly thinking about the deadline next arc story how to connect it all. It is not easy especially with a family. You and the rest of today's generation is very spoiled because of technology none of this is easy. The day you can imagine and create a story drawn out with your mind it will be easy. You sound ungrateful.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Two volumes that's it? You don't sound like a supporter. The only manga I complain about are those I buy. I acquired almost every one piece volume in English except 14 to 19 and I'm missing vol 62. I own every volume of dragonball the DVDs and berserk volumes 22 to 34. I need to step up my Toriko air gear and hunter x hunter collections. But honestly if you're complaining about breaks which artists from wsj barely take nowadays when you're a supporter when you see fit doesn't quite make sense. How much of naruto or db do you own? Manga is an art and some of them are legacies of these authors. These guys work hard whether you like the story or not they're not robots. Let me see you write and draw these stories and even when you're out of the magazine for a week you're constantly thinking about the deadline next arc story how to connect it all. It is not easy especially with a family. You and the rest of today's generation is very spoiled because of technology none of this is easy. The day you can imagine and create a story drawn out with your mind it will be easy. You sound ungrateful.
    read my post again: I do buy volumes,it's the shonen jump the one I don't want to buy (the quality is terrible),and i have got 2 of them,not 2 volumes!

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    How do you know Toriyama never took that much breaks? He published Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball in Jump long before you started reading manga...
    by inquiring! and because of other people who stated that. yet,it's also true thaty TORIYAMA's chapters contained just 14 pages...
    Last edited by matzik1212; January 15, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

by inquiring! and because of other people who stated that. yet,it's also true thaty TORIYAMA's chapters contained just 14 pages...

That's not much to highlight, then. Toriyama probably drew less pages per year.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

How long do you actually read manga? Do you not remember the times when Oda took no breaks(well, not counting the holiday forced ones) and Kishimoto had something like 10 breaks a year(or was that Kubo Tite? People used to compare them both to Oda and rage about how lazy they are all the time... )? Anyway I think it's retarded that you complain about someone taking a vacation break...

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm... as expectation and hope, I'd like to add, that I hope Oda is going to take an extra break to collect another color walk for the final color spreads before the time skip. They're quite a bit behind the databooks.

(another thing Toriyama didn't have to do that much: covers and two page color spreads for shounen jump)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay okay let's finish this talk

Please state your expectations about One Piece in 2013 . Everyone wants less breaks but what we're interested here is what you wanna see in the manga from now on

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

more about void century, poneglyph, the AWs, Dragon, Kuma, and Vegapunk

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So, this thread is now closed. Please use the Hangour or the Spoiler Thread to discuss what comes in 2013.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3