Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

6 33.33%
  • Excellent

12 66.67%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Magi.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ghan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 168 Spoiler Thread

Chapters out http://reader.sense-scans.com/reader.../15/168/page/1

I can't even describe the epicness this chapter possesses.

Top 10 chapter in Magi for sure

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally
    I'm proud my username is part of Magnoshuttat
    Speaking of translations, I have to thank SenseScans for the amazing job provided in this chapter. So many terms translated beyond the kanji used. I speak arabic but I often fail to find where some terms come from, so I gotta hand it to the people who found the meaning of the spells used here, kudos to them. Although the arabic words are soo messed up placing arabic letters together is not enough for them to make sense, they have to "merge" together. Anyway, big thanks for SenseScans, great job you did here.

On another note, I'm glad to see Aladdin having a plan, he's done with the passivity and he's going to do something.
    Last thing I have to say : the pace is great, many things happen but nothing feels rushed. This war probably won't last for way too long but we'll see enough of it, I believe.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get over that horrible acid rain.. XD
    Anyway, Sche was really fierce and intimidating. And I believe that was the first time she smiled since she appeared? (more like a smirk though) And it was after her solders got massacred. Scary...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

The chapter has been amazing, but in the end it felt like it missed a page. O_O
    Sheherazade sure is scary when she is serious.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

O___O Quite impressive I must say, that was a great depiction of the magicians power. I have to say I was quite curious how Shinobu would handle the war, especially after seeing a rather subpar performance by series like Naruto or Bleach (and One Piece to an extent). Of course it's impossible to judge after one chapter but that was a way better start than what I imagined.

So far we've only seen Laem's (not sure if I want to call them Reim ) normal soldiers though, I'm pretty sure things will get a lot more heated when the Fanalis show up. Now I'm really excited of the things yet to come

And I'm always amazed/surprised how different Scheheraza's personality is compared to how she looks - she looks so gracious and yet she's acting so fierce (+ arrogant). Feels like she's the total opposite of Yunan, who appears to be calm and composed.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a chapter :O
    This was way better than anything I could've ever imagined.

I always though it would be called Magnostadt though. Makes way more sense than Magnoshutatt.

I can't wait to find out where this is going. I hope Aladdin and Alibaba meet soon.

And I really miss Morgiana.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic Chapter but like many other shounen story battle the first one who shows their skills will be the one to lose ^^... Can't wait for the next chapter

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Good pace better than anything in the chapter. The magicians going at full throttle to destroy their enemies is how a warfare must be. Hope it won't prolonge more than this chapter and next a Fanalis' strikeback to know their place.

So that's why Alibaba is in this war, to help Aladdin to stop the magic atomic bomb. But shame that Scheherazade is not there to being attacked, that would be way more amazing than just comment their forces.

I guess in a five or more chapters, the Kou empire is going to appear to make a wizard's carnage

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great chapter, and really fast.

The best moments are yet to come guys, calm down. So the first part of battle shows us that Magicians are gain huge advantage over typical Laem soldiers, which is obviously can be expected. The Muscles vs Magic real fight is not shown yet, I think, since Fanalis haven't show up their powers yet. When Fanalis shows up, the battle will become more balanced. (Duh!)

I was surprised by Scherry's mischievous smile as well. She was shown as a woman who lives for a long time, yet I was quite baffled by her lack of consideration when it comes to initiating this war. I won't say that she's a greedy old hag, but her motive to expand Laem's territory without proper assessment is not an exemplary for a Magi. I really wonder how Aladdin and Alibaba would end this colossal war.

Also the poll has been added. Not yet Top 10 in Magi guys, not yet.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Superficial note : I notice Sense-Scans and Mr. Aegon seem to have a mini research about Arabic languages during the break as well, and I like it. Now we can speculate that Magnostadt is located in Europe huh, since it has a German name

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to how the magicians handle the Fanalis, but I'd much rather see how Alibaba has advanced, although I suppose we could save some of it for the future.

Another thing I wanna see is how Scherry (I'm totally gonna call her that from now on, thanks Doraku) will react when she inevitably finds out about Aladdin. I doubt that news of a 4th Magi has reached her yet, and given how old she's supposed to be perhaps she knows something others don't.

Yeah, many people tend to misspell "Scheherazade", "Scherry" is the nickname I made for her, it's so much easier. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; January 06, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This development is quite interesting. War are hard to handle, I agree with niichan there. Most mangas ends screwing it up due the lack of simultaneous events that are shown to make it feel more realistic or at least credible.

I kinda like how it started to present the characters, but I fear it will keep it on like this next chapter. Art is always outstanding, I hope it can bring some great camera angles in next chapter as well.

Aladdin, Alibaba...I can't wait to see what you both will do!
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to point out something this chapter solidifies I think the three current Magi of this era have been somewhat of a failure IMO. Lets consider Yunan who as we know just likes to sprout up dungeons without necessarily being inclined to picking a king, in one sense you could say Sinbad was his first king but doesn't appear as if he's necessarily supporting him other than having made the first dungeon, and is currently as we know in hiding at the bottom of a deep abyss. Then we have Judal who is pretty much corrupted by Al Sarmen. Finally, we have Scherry who despite living so long seems to have lost her way as a Magi in that rather than supporting a king, I mean she's had all this time to had properly supported the chosen king for whatever duties they're supposed to do, she's more inclined to helping rule or manage a country (to be fair it does seem more like she is a ruler herself given the clout of power she seems to hold over Reim). Just look at how the war is being handled the presence of Reim's ruler is completely devoid and all authority is being handled by Scherry, I'm not of the opinion the Reim empires royalty is that good since they've not shown to handle anything since their Magi is being given complete authority over everything including the decision to wage war. Aladdin seems to be the only one inclined to fulfilling the duties of a Magi.

The war chapter is off to a decent start, can't say I'm that impressed by a little show of power by Magnoshutatt given that they're only handling fodder at the moment so not sure why there is a clamor for this as a top 10 already killing fodder will always appear impressive when they're ridiculously overpowered. I'd rather reserve judgement for the war when all hell really breaks lose, i.e. Kou empire actually joining the battlefield with their elite, because that is where the real interest lies with how Magnoshutatt will attempt to preserve itself in the face of two powers. You have to remember neither the Kou empire nor Reim are fighting on their own lands so they can easily go all out with their metal vessel users with little to no care about the harm it might cause the surrounding area, or in this case the cross fire casualty of Magnoshutatt, so I'm rather interested to see what the magic academy and Aladdin will attempt to pull off in trying to save the country (I can only imagine the nuke Magnoshutatt has in reserve would necessarily be used when both sides have practically massacred the magicians to the point of pissing off Mogamet).

That is assuming Aladdin will even attempt to save Magnoshutatt, I'm guessing he will since its not like he is that indifferent to letting people die let alone the massacre would likely cause a massive corruption of Rukh. In the end I'm not seeing Magnoshutatt existing by the end of this war since irregardless of outcome of who wins this current battle Kou and Reim still have it out for each other and its still smack dab in the center of that conflict. I like Magi's battles and all but what tends to impress me more is how it tends to handle the aftermath, like in Balbad, of such massive events and how it really leaves a mark on both the world and the characters.

Edit: There is one more side I nearly forgot to consider in all this namely Al Sarmen, they'll probably pop up to hinder Aladdin from stopping the nuke though its hard to say who is the Al Sarmen agent since the elite magicians are currently on the battlefield. They've been absent for most part of this arc that they're bound to make their appearance here when things get bad.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 07, 2013 at 02:45 AM.

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

^ You have a good point here. Maybe the three magi not doing their job correctly is the reason for the appearance of a fourth one to set right what went wrong, Aladdin.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    ^ You have a good point here. Maybe the three magi not doing their job correctly is the reason for the appearance of a fourth one to set right what went wrong, Aladdin.
    ^You're making me wonder that Aladdin has to sacrifice something...

Anyway, I say, we have another EPIC CHAPTER here! I really love the pacing of the war, It seemed really fast, but I think it suits the chapter well. I was amazed to see the High-Class magicians to be "Deities" of the Magnostadt country. I really love the acid rain... such a painful torture to the arrogant soldiers of the Reim empire huh?... And also the lightning magic led by uhhh... Aladdin's sexy-terror professor which I forgot her name :P

I also love Scheherazade's other side! So bad-ass and scary, especially that smirk

I wonder what Aladdin's move will be. I wonder if he will rush to the Reim empire to settle things with Scheherazade. I also think that Alibaba won't have to battle Aladdin, but it's too early to say so. I also predict that Kou empire's Ren Kouha will do something such as intervening with the war and killing the Chancellor...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast