Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Alibaba's Household

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alibaba's Household

+ So far in Magi the story has been about Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgianna (even though they spent time with Hakuryuu). I like the intimacy that exists between the characters in the story, but lately i have been wondering if their group will expand.

The scale of the story has become much larger since the three of them decided to take their separate journeys. With all of the power being wielded by countries like Laem and Kou, it seems as though the three of them would get swallowed up in any situation by themselves.

The story has also introduced a handful of people who could potentially join them since then. Toto comes to mind, but that seems like a weird love triangle thing i wouldn't enjoy. If the monkey who Alibaba fought and bought, Garda I think, were to join that would be really awesome to see him using a household vessel. I guess they would have to be on that ship headed for Magnoshutat at this point?

There are also other candidates for their group. While magicians cant use household vessels there is a strong chance for Sphintus since Aladdin is technically a magi they dont have a magician and his healing magic specialty is especially useful. Sphintus has also always felt like more than a story arc character to me.

The kids from that Great Holy Mother incident all fell behind Alibaba as well and I believe they will be in Sindria again, also that kid swore he would still take revenge on hakuryuu for killing their "mother" so hes gonna be training during the skip, need to be around for the Kou Arc, and need something like a vessel to make that confrontation interesting (sinbad is only person we know of to go through dungeon without a magi and hes already accustomed to magic tools).

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alibaba's Household

Your idea of a monkey using a household is awesome, i hope it to happen. While everything else is not needed to me, because the true enemy of them is Al Sarmen and Kou, Laem, Sindria and eventually Magnoshuttat now about that. There they are the ones who will do all the work that Alibaba's household might do.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering this since I saw Paimon HUGE household. :P

I like that there is only one (Morgiana) but in the same time, I think the group needs a bit more people on it. I like Toto and the Monkey, but also Titus and Sphintus should be there just to balance between the Magoi and the Goi.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we definitely need some more variation. I get the feeling that the group is going to end up being similar to Sinbad and his generals at some point.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Well we definitely need some more variation. I get the feeling that the group is going to end up being similar to Sinbad and his generals at some point.
    That would be awesome.
    Anyway the manga has still a lot to say, so if right now Alibaba's Household is not that great, I think that in the future it will be.

New Reply