Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 126 Discussion/127 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 126 Discussion/127 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    You miss the answer:

This means: "if I have to explain why he is funny, he will be no funny anymore". In other worlds: it is impossible to asnwer that question you asked, because it is just a matter of personal taste. Or, in other worlds: I can't explain why he is funny, I just have fun when I read about him in the comic.

The implication is: you won't find him funnier if someone explains something about him. It is not about reasons or argumentation or explanation, its about laugh. And also: you can't criticize someone because he finds him funny.

Or you find him funny or you don't. That's my answer. Hope you understand it.
    That's just not an answer. You might believe it's an answer, but you're just dodging the question. I asked him, not you, although you saw fit to tell me that you could give an answer for him, what exactly he liked about Wangnan, and you just gave me double talk. If you think you didn't give me double talk, then I don't know what to say.

I think that perhaps there's a communication problem here. You very well can explain what you like about someone or find funny about them. I asked what he liked about Wangnan, which is about his personal taste, and you claim that you can't explain that.

Look, you can explain what you like about someone and why you like them. There's no, "I can't explain it because I just can't." That doesn't fly.

I'm not criticizing him because he likes Wangnan and I don't. I think you're heavily misunderstanding something here.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think that perhaps there's a communication problem here.
    Yes, you are right. I give up.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Oh, and if you post a question to someone, please don't expect that only that person has the right to answer. Otherwise it is you who has to learn what are those forums about.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you are right. I give up.
    I guess that's the end of trying to get an explanation out of you. :P

Oh, and if you post a question to someone, please don't expect that only that person has the right to answer. Otherwise it is you who has to learn what are those forums about.
    Oh, trust me, I know that very well. All I was actually saying is that the user in question could've provided an answer, although by the time he did, all of you had posted first and then he just hid behind that answer. asm

In the end I'm not going to waste any more of my virtual breath on this because apparently I won't be getting any kind of answer, so yeah...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mannnn is it just me or does everybody wanna see viole and ran fight?? cause im really getting sick of how cocky ran is....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all need to take this Wangnan/Prince & use of comedic relief in the webtoon debate to the hangout thread.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what we need is a TOG rant tread to get all that bottle up discussion that we have been denying to say not that i dislike TOG but we know that it has some glitches

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, trust me, I know that very well. All I was actually saying is that the user in question could've provided an answer, although by the time he did, all of you had posted first and then he just hid behind that answer. asm
    I did provide an aswer, but here's more. Don't like to be accused of hiding. I don't feel like going into details of what's so funny or interesting. I guess I like dumb humor sometimes and I like the underdog. A guy who has an impossible ambition and goes against all odds, even though he knows he probably won't make it. It kind of reminds me of real life. You never had that kind of experience? When something happened the way you wanted, or when something worked out for you, even if you knew it can't work out, but you were persistant anyway? Well I have, and I like Wangnan because he reminded me of that. Like, can't believe I met an idiot like that even in a manga.

SIU just started of Season 2 with a pretty standard hero, who wants to change the world for better, but he twisted him in a fun way. No special power we know of, use of trickery, calculating, deceipt... Kinda brightens the story a little when compared to Baam.

That's all. If you wanted a response just so you could start a discussion about Wangnan and whether he's an interesting character or not, I'll have to disappoint you.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been out of the loop for a while, switched jobs and moved to the other side of town so I had some catching up to do. Happy to see the plot is moving along nicely, can't wait to see if Baam and Koon will meet up at this chance, my bet is they will just barely miss each other and have to wait until the 30th floor.

Also on the topic of Wangnan I was strongly against him at the start. He was weak, useless, seemed a bit selfish, and most of all he wasn't Baam. But now that he has moved out of the spot light and into a supporting roll for Baam I've found my distaste for him much lessened. Although I do wish he would hurry up and stop being so worthless on the battlefield but whatever; all in time i suppose.

Also please give me video a thumbs up and check out the others too!

ThatoneGuy1277

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SIU's afterword was pretty interesting this week. I was reading the Company version and it seems like he is very aware of what a tough sell Horyang and Cassino's story is. He voiced concern that parts of this chapter would be ignored or criticized as "useless" since people are going to focus on Baam and Koon far more than Horyang and Cassino.

To be honest, I think his concerns are dead-on. If Baam & Koon and Horyang & Cassino end up in competition for audience attention, there is just no way Horyang & Cassino can win; or even hold their own.

I get that he's promising something at the end that makes it all worthwhile but stories are about both the journey and the destination. Horyang's story may have a great destination but, for me, the journey needs more than Horyang alone has been able to offer. As counter intuitive as it may seem, the more Baam, Yeon, or Arkrapter are featured and used to focus our attention on Horyang the more interest his story will get; just like he did his week.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 08, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always good to see that SIU seems in touch with the readers. It's never going to be easy to sell the somewhat underdeveloped S2 characters over the fan favorite S1 characters. For example, I've made it abundantly clear that, while the stories in S2 have been decently interesting, I'd much rather see the return of ANDROSSI!

btw, I got around to reading The Company's scan of last week's chapter and I found it curious that Ran's Electrica Perla technique appeared to have been Maschenny's (as it's called Maschenny Style Lightning Spear Technique: Electrica Perla), the Koon High Ranker who disrespected Yuri. Perhaps that hints at Ran being Maschenny's younger brother.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; January 08, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always good to see that SIU seems in touch with the readers. It's never going to be able to sell the somewhat underdeveloped S2 characters over the fan favorite S1 characters. For example, I've made it abundantly clear that, while the stories in S2 have been decently interested, I'd much rather see the return of ANDROSSI!

btw, I got around to reading The Company's scan of last week's chapter and I found it curious that Ran's Electrica Perla technique appeared to have been Maschenny's (as it's called Maschenny Style Lightning Spear Technique: Electrica Perla), the Koon High Ranker who disrespected Yuri. Perhaps that hints at Ran being Maschenny's younger brother.
    Oh good call! The small bit of her personality does match up with what we have seen of Ran. Cocky, aggressive, and over confident. Would be a good chance to learn more about one of the top ranking princesses and people of the tower.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch up this morning. HxH has a korean version and it is ToG. Really funny and amazing how SIU produces a balance between characters and plot, indeed all of them have enough charisma to like any reader, personally got me by plot anyway.

I'm sure Baam can't talk to Koon while he is wearing his Fug ring. Some kind of bomb there's hide on it, but stil i want them to recognize each other.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 127 Spoilers

i think baam will kick ran's ass..tht is all i know lol....that kid is cocky he thinks he is the strongest regular but when he meets viole things will get ugly for him....

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Catch up this morning. HxH has a korean version and it is ToG. Really funny and amazing how SIU produces a balance between characters and plot, indeed all of them have enough charisma to like any reader, personally got me by plot anyway.

I'm sure Baam can't talk to Koon while he is wearing his Fug ring. Some kind of bomb there's hide on it, but stil i want them to recognize each other.
    First, welcome to MH's ToG subforum.

Second, you take that back. That's an insult to ToG...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i just hope koon dont get the wrong impression about baam when he sees him b.c all baam's team are arriving soon and if koon see them ,he may get angry without knowing the thruth (he's been travelling with another group while we were looking for him).....oops i dont see tht

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast