Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 92 and 93 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 92 and 93 Discussion/Predictions

If the story is going with the "Byodouin = bad guy", we need a scene where Byodouin serves a ball into the orphanage and set it on fire and killing all the kids inside. And he needs to be taking candy from a baby too.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But we don't have a Byoudouin and Tokugawa situation in the story yet. So no they haven't been acting in that way...
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but are you under the assumption that Tokugawa has been playing tennis for the sole purpose of beating Byodoin? Because, that's not the case. Tokugawa was a great player until Byodoin curbstomped him. That's why Tokugawa is seeking revenge. He just wants to know he can surpass Byodoin. Same with Echizen and Tezuka, Sanada and Tezuka, Atobe and Tezuka, Fuji and Tezuka, Momo and Tezuka, Kaidoh and Tezuka, Toyama and Echizen, Akutsu and Echizen, Kirihara and Yanagi, Sanada, and Yukimura .. I'm probably missing some, but it's there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

After Oni's flashback, I have seriously no idea of who is going to win the match. Before it I was totally sure it was going to be a pretty easy Kin's victory.
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If the story is going with the "Byodouin = bad guy", we need a scene where Byodouin serves a ball into the orphanage and set it on fire and killing all the kids inside. And he needs to be taking candy from a baby too.
    He totally needs a background song too then...

"You're a mean one, Byoduoiiiiiiiiiiin"

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but are you under the assumption that Tokugawa has been playing tennis for the sole purpose of beating Byodoin? Because, that's not the case. Tokugawa was a great player until Byodoin curbstomped him. That's why Tokugawa is seeking revenge. He just wants to know he can surpass Byodoin. Same with Echizen and Tezuka, Sanada and Tezuka, Atobe and Tezuka, Fuji and Tezuka, Momo and Tezuka, Kaidoh and Tezuka, Toyama and Echizen, Akutsu and Echizen, Kirihara and Yanagi, Sanada, and Yukimura .. I'm probably missing some, but it's there.
    Still not the same.
    Akutsu and Echizen yes, but Tokugawa at this moment trains just to defeat Byoudouin. That's lame.
    He could have been travelling across the world as well, gaining experience against other countries that are better than Japan and there are probably loads.
    Instead he is sulking because he lost a match to Byoudouin the best in the camp.

Whereas Atobe, Sanada and co. were aiming to win the Nationals as well as defeat Tezuka.

At this moment in time, Tokugawa says he would do anything to bt Byoudouin that he would die to do it.

I'm sorry but you are missing something if you think any of the MSers have said something as retarded as that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny that Byodouin is portrayed as the bad guy but unless he really did burned the orphanage down or kick sand in Tokugawa's face after he won, the only fault he has is that he happens to be the current #1 U17 player in Japan. He seems to treat Atobe with respect so I assume he's one of those (tennis) might is right kind of guy, and from his perspective he must be bewildered why all these ridiculously weak players are challenging him and his trusty sidekicks and crying about losing when tennis is obviously a death defying adventure. Yes his serve can shatter walls and his forehands probably can shake mountains, but it's not his fault that he's too strong.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!
    I love Byoudouin. He seems like a cool guy. The way he accepted the MSers challenge after seeing they took out No.s 11-20, the way he welcomed Atobe to the Top 10, he's a good guy.
    Sure he aimed a serve at the heads of Tokugawa and Ryoma, but hey, Ryoma aimed a serve a Kai Yuujiro's face but people forget that.
    I can't see why Tokugawa is crying about how he's a meanie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He basically said Tokugawa doesn't have testicles. That's d-bag status. There is no respectable way to attack a man's manhood.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is it stated that Byoudouin is a bad guy???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This might have been said in the anime and not the manga but wasn't Ryoma's main goal at one point just to beat his Dad?

Its never really stated that Byoudouin was the bad guy but he did try to attack Ryoma when Ryoga (Also Tokugawa) stepped in. Kinda gives the bad guy vibe.

Looking forward to seeing Ryoga play hopefully and the Oni/Byoudouin match.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    He basically said Tokugawa doesn't have testicles. That's d-bag status. There is no respectable way to attack a man's manhood.
    Lmao
    Then again, Akutsu has told groups of people they are nothing but worthless trash.
    In fact, a lot of people have told others in the camp that they are worthless trash i.e Date making Nakagauchi and Miyako aware that they are worthless trash.

Byoudouin's still a normal guy as it stands in PoT World.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wrong chapter, but what does it mean that the training is complete?

was oni training kintaro secretly? by being tougher on him?
    or does it mean kintaro's personal self training is complete?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the feeling Oni sees the entire U17 camp as a training ground for raise someone who might be able to beat Byodouin, and that they must defeat him to complete their training because why would you expect someone to be able to beat Byodouin if they can't even beat Oni?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so if kintaro 's training is complete, do you think oni will just forfeit, or try to better him self.

i mean your explanation seems good, but i only heard only hint at helping momo shiro ( through verbal encouragement " rise up" momo shiro" or to akutsu, through negative comments.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    so if kintaro 's training is complete, do you think oni will just forfeit, or try to better him self.

i mean your explanation seems good, but i only heard only hint at helping momo shiro ( through verbal encouragement " rise up" momo shiro" or to akutsu, through negative comments.
    Well Oni had a change of heart in the latest chapter (he remembers what it's like to attempt to be #1) so he's certainly not going to forfeit now and anything can happen at this point.

Of course Oni isn't formally training anybody, but he makes himself available to pretty much every guy who wants a game. In POT the best way to get better is always exposure to top players and the fact that he's pretty much willing to play any random guy in a court shuffle shows he's quite willing to give the newbies the exposure they'd need to become better.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast