Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 43 Discussion | Ch. 44 Predictions

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

----

Chapter 43 came out a couple of days ago. I think all the seven mysteries were just Mephisto's pranks gone rogue.

Global Moderator message by: phio_chan
    This post has been edited to match the first post of a chapter discussion thread.
    Last edited by phio_chan; February 05, 2013 at 06:40 AM.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 43 Discussion | Ch. 44 Predictions

Sorry for the late thread creation.

Anyway, yeah, it's strange. Looks like it's indeed just Mephisto's pranks. But still a good idea that it can bring the team closer.

I wonder why Yukio was absent on the last battle.
    Last edited by phio_chan; February 05, 2013 at 06:41 AM.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 43 Discussion | Ch. 44 Predictions

Yukio was absent because he was invited to speak at the Vatican regarding Toudou. So that was expected.

Koneko finally showed his usefulness - team leader and manager. He got everyone down in seconds and proceeded to develop a strategy.

Those portrait demons are nasty ones though - one of them was following Godai'in previously. Yikes.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member oddlucks's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mephisto's musings. Everything seems emotionally heavy when you've no clue what they're saying, though it looks like Yukio got a little peace of mind. Poor Amaimon, first he was imprisoned in a cuckoo clock, now he's been impaled by several pikes in Mephisto's space-time tunnel thingy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kuroSaki_Ichi's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this leaves a lot more questions than answered for sure. Mephisto is clearly planning to use the Rin and Yukio for something and I felt bad for Yukio tbh. Like he said "Why is he keeping us alive?" is the big question here. I feel like Yukio's going to turn to a demon soon :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ahhhhhh!!!! such a good chapter!!! mephisto's so conniving!!i love it! his ability reminds me a little of road kamelot's from DGM, especially when amaimon was spiked like that. yukio definitely needs to take a chill pill. maybe take a walk through a relaxing nature trail, have a picnic, and go swimming (that's what i do when i'm stressed) and just let his mind be at ease. "why let us live at all" is very similar to the question "what is the meaning of life" which at one point everybody asks themselves (according to Hamlet fans). is kato going all philosophical on us or is my AP english class getting to me? either way i feel as though mephisto's monologue holds some very important points about the nature of human beings and the fact that he made no real distinction between the evils committed by a demon and the evils committed by a human. very clever way of putting this idea into the manga, loved the speech and definitely didn't see it coming. i'm loving how much panel time (<-screen time? ha? ) mephisto is getting these last few chapters, it really brings back that darker and underlying threat to ANE. getting back to the contents of the chapter itself, yukio, it seems, will join the demons and rin will fight with the humans. well that's what i think anyway... nothing is really set in stone since mephisto didn't say so for a fact. can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 44 Discussion | Ch. 45 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 44 Discussion/Ch. 45 Predictions

ahhhhhh!!!! such a good chapter!!! mephisto's so conniving!!i love it! his ability reminds me a little of road kamelot's from DGM, especially when amaimon was spiked like that. yukio definitely needs to take a chill pill. maybe take a walk through a relaxing nature trail, have a picnic, and go swimming (that's what i do when i'm stressed) and just let his mind be at ease. "why let us live at all" is very similar to the question "what is the meaning of life" which at one point everybody asks themselves (according to Hamlet fans). is kato going all philosophical on us or is my AP english class getting to me? either way i feel as though mephisto's monologue holds some very important points about the nature of human beings and the fact that he made no real distinction between the evils committed by a demon and the evils committed by a human. very clever way of putting this idea into the manga, loved the speech and definitely didn't see it coming. i'm loving how much panel time (<-screen time? ha? ) mephisto is getting these last few chapters, it really brings back that darker and underlying threat to ANE. getting back to the contents of the chapter itself, yukio, it seems, will join the demons and rin will fight with the humans. well that's what i think anyway... nothing is really set in stone since mephisto didn't say so for a fact. can't wait for the next chapter!!!

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quoting the previous replies relating to the chapter from the chapter 43 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by oddlucks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Mephisto's musings. Everything seems emotionally heavy when you've no clue what they're saying, though it looks like Yukio got a little peace of mind. Poor Amaimon, first he was imprisoned in a cuckoo clock, now he's been impaled by several pikes in Mephisto's space-time tunnel thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroSaki_Ichi View Post
    I think this leaves a lot more questions than answered for sure. Mephisto is clearly planning to use the Rin and Yukio for something and I felt bad for Yukio tbh. Like he said "Why is he keeping us alive?" is the big question here. I feel like Yukio's going to turn to a demon soon :/
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Mephisto has been consistently warning us to not view things in terms of humans versus demons. It's part of the problem why Yukio is in total psychological distress right now. He is still freaked the hell out by what he is. He's not a clearcut demon like Rin -- but neither is he exactly human. He feels also that if he is more demonic, he'll be like as Toudou predicted. So now everyone's upping the stakes on what he is.

For now, I think it's likely he gets obsessive on dividing human versus demon. But when Yukio next gets tortured by Toudou, I think Yukio will break and join the Illuminati.

I doubt the Morinas contract demon can defeat Satan's power. If it really was strong, why wasn't Rin bound to the contract earlier?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I doubt the Morinas contract demon can defeat Satan's power. If it really was strong, why wasn't Rin bound to the contract earlier?
    I think the purpose of the contract is more of a "let you know if someone broke it" type of thing, more of an oath than a contract. Why would they need to put Rin under oath?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    I think the purpose of the contract is more of a "let you know if someone broke it" type of thing, more of an oath than a contract. Why would they need to put Rin under oath?
    Rin's the one who is acting out of control all the time, from their perspective. He defies orders a lot. All I can figure out is that either they don't think they could bind Rin to the contract or Rin has more advocates.

They kept emphasizing that if Yukio broke the terms (which appeared to be (a) not ask any questions and (b) not discuss the contents of the meeting), he would be tracked down and killed by the demon behind the contract. Why not do the same with Rin except under the condition that he must obey orders?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess they think it would be a waste cause rin would most likely be able to defeat the demon that came hunting him down. i'm interested in your idea about yukio not being a complete demon like rin but not exactly human either earth. what abilities do you think yukio might have? also, agreed on the whole yukio cracking like an egg and joining todou and the Illuminati.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    i guess they think it would be a waste cause rin would most likely be able to defeat the demon that came hunting him down. i'm interested in your idea about yukio not being a complete demon like rin but not exactly human either earth. what abilities do you think yukio might have? also, agreed on the whole yukio cracking like an egg and joining todou and the Illuminati.
    I dunno. I'm still confused about Yukio specifying that Mephisto knows about his left eye. When the eye incident thingy happened, we saw both eyes turn blue - not just one. It might be an error, but it also might be new stuff.

Abilities... hm... I think passive ones. Nothing like blue fire, but the intimidation and demon detection skills make sense (though we're still debating that on Blue Knight.)

Or if the abilities aren't his own, Yukio can draw the power away from Rin accordingly but with a limit since he's still a human who wasn't strong enough to house the full power.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I dunno. I'm still confused about Yukio specifying that Mephisto knows about his left eye. When the eye incident thingy happened, we saw both eyes turn blue - not just one. It might be an error, but it also might be new stuff.

Abilities... hm... I think passive ones. Nothing like blue fire, but the intimidation and demon detection skills make sense (though we're still debating that on Blue Knight.)

Or if the abilities aren't his own, Yukio can draw the power away from Rin accordingly but with a limit since he's still a human who wasn't strong enough to house the full power.
    i hope its the second choice. i feel like that's the best way to keep the characters true to themselves. plus i really don't want yukio to end up being a demon too. if that ever happened i would only imagine those lat couple of episodes of the anime. ugh!*shudders*. oh yeah you're right about it being both eyes. probably just a translation mistake. i went back and read the chapter and at first it only shows the one eye changing before showing both eyes being blue so maybe that's what the translator remembered when they were scanlating it.

New Reply
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast