Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riful-doll theory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful-doll theory

Just been thinking afew things in the middle of the night about Claymore and decided to post a theory about the Riful doll.

Having just read the rough translation by god-eye galatea (and given that it's rough might not mean anything) the word 'youngling' jumped out at me.

'Youngling' usually means young one or child, so could this be the first indication that R/D could indeed be the ofspring of Dauf and riful?

If it is then why did it show up now weeks if no months after Rifuls death? I actually suspect that this 'ofspring' if that is what it is, may actually be the closest thing we have had to a Araskaram. (which also leads me to believe that if may possess no awakened form.)

The only evidence I can offer up is that Rimuto told us that the Araskaram are hemaphradities (capable of reproducing without having sex) although we do know that slugs are the same in the real world and can swap genetic data with other slugs. (genetic data could have been swapped between D and R at some point.)

So, still, why appear after her death? well the answer could be that, in the natural world, some species of reptiles (and that is what the DoD appear to be) actually die upon reproducing.

Thoughts people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riful-doll theory

Askaram theory sounds as good as any. Maybe the Destroyer's rods weren't just about yoma-like Hellcats, maybe their infection was on a DoD biology level. Maybe only an infection that involved any biological material that was an AO could do this sort of thing? I guess we'll see what happened in an extra soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that it is a mix of Riful's remains and Dauf's after he was infected by the destroyer. Dauf might have infected the bottom half of Riful while he was infected and could have passed on his powers to her to create Riful-doll. But the biggest question is why did it appear when it did?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had thoughts about this but quickly dispelled (or rather forgot about) it because of the reason ↑Claymore1 has given. However you've raised a really good point about the possibility/method of reproduction in general. We know about Yoma and the 'transference of hosts' behaviour of its Parasite, but we don't know whether they (can) actually reproduce or not. And then we have Claymores, can they reproduce? Or have they changed biologically to a point that reproduction is off-limits?

The fact that they can 'awaken' shows that their DNA has been changed fundamentally. But we see in the real world a horse + donkey = mule. Depending how much genetic resemblance there is, it is possible they can still sexually reproduce with humans if their genitals are intact and functioning. Claymore + Claymore does indeed sound like a possible feat, and honestly if I were one of the scientists, I would have tried that one out right from the beginning. I mean, if they thought about making a 1/4 Araskaram + 3/4 human combination (Claymore) after trying out the 1/2 + 1/2 of each (Yoma,) Claymore + Claymore would probably on their list as well lol. Whether they've tried that one out and decided it was either impossible or too much hassle for not much or no improvement, or the couldn't set up two Claymores (lololol R+D??? conspiracy ) which leads them to ignore this aspect completely, is open for debate.

In terms of asexual reproduction, I'm really not too sure how Claymores could go about that. Male Claymores definitely cannot asexually reproduce since they do not have the right organs to support the process, assuming human logic still applies lol. Female Claymores, however, may be able to clone themselves and raise an offspring in her womb.

I'm reluctant to bring DNA-related biology into this though, because I feel that this aspect of the Claymore world works on a slightly different basis.

On another note, the Ela-Ela statue is another parasitic example of an Organisation creation. The way I see it now, Ela-Ela rod + R/D is kinda like Yoma Parasite + human, assuming this is what the Riful doll is (why did you guys dubbed it 'doll' anyways lol? )

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    (why did you guys dubbed it 'doll' anyways lol? )
    I'm not sure. I think 'doll' was used because of the assumption that the creature is another example of the recent zombie infestation going on in claymore lately.

Thanks for the input anyway guys. appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'doll' term is used because the new Riful looks like a doll. That is the only reason. She has no eyes too.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I believe that it is a mix of Riful's remains and Dauf's after he was infected by the destroyer. Dauf might have infected the bottom half of Riful while he was infected and could have passed on his powers to her to create Riful-doll. But the biggest question is why did it appear when it did?
    perhaps, but i have an alternate theory. considering the fact it was her legs, i think it is plausible that the spikes from the infected twin somehow reached the lower body and created a similar reaction to how the destroyer itself was made, two abyssal level entities merging. why it produces dauf rods mgiht disprove that theory, but claymore has shown that the form of the awakened often has much to do with the psychy they have. that is why the destroyer is nothing but a formless mass, for it has no psyche.

i think the thing had been traveling after them ever since the ghosts moved the mass, sensing priscilla within it. being jsut a pair of legs, it took a while. however, when it sensed that priscilla, though with the destroyer in the driver seat, it quickened its pace and reformed itself.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

the three abyssal ones were not zombies. it seems to me that instead of reanimation, it was a full on ressurrection. they have their memories, and thoughts, just two of them were a bit scrambled in the head after coming back to life.

i think i helped with that term. the Doll thing is a bit more pschological than that. its called riful doll because while it has the shape of riful, it is hollow inside aside for a singular hatred. like how a doll has the shape of a person but truly is not, for it is souless.
    this term also works with riful's childish personality, thus making the doll term more fitting. though i can't deny that the jaws line about how a great white's eyes are like a doll's eyes was a part of that decision.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

i don't think dna can be set up as a factor. it is the psyche, not the biology, that affects the forms of awakened and such.
    despite there being small hints of somethign scifi to the world, i think that claymore has it more strongly in the supernatural still. considering that they emit and energy, an energy that can be expended to not only enhance physical reaction but also create matter from the bodies of creature that emit yoki, shows there is something far more at work.
    i think a strong evidence of this si the destroyer, a thing if instinct and no mind, and its true form was a black mass of yoki and tissue.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

its called that for a different reason. its called riful doll because it has the hsape of riful, but it is hollow inside aside for its raw hatred, the echos of riful's wrath. much like how dolls are made in the silhouette of human shape but lack a soul or anythign within. also riful's child like personality is a contributing factor to that name.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that the Riful-doll is somehow related to the Destroyer because it doesnt have the feature of the destroyer(it should have spiky thing but all that we have seen are just purely combinations of Riful and Dauf).

So here is my theory:

I think the Riful-doll is similar to the Destroyer. Remember when Rafaela killed Luciela , her will was strong to kill and save her sister at the same time, unconsciously transferring her lifer force to her. When Priscilla killed Riful, after mourning at her corpse Dauf might have transfer some of his life force to Riful's corpse somehow giving life to a dead AO, and after that he left it because he didnt expect anything would happen and he let himself be infected by the Destroyer's parasitic rod and was eventually killed by Priscilla. That is why it shares both Riful and Dauf's characteristics.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lies's Avatar
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zushiko View Post
    I dont think that the Riful-doll is somehow related to the Destroyer because it doesnt have the feature of the destroyer(it should have spiky thing but all that we have seen are just purely combinations of Riful and Dauf).
    Right on.

I lean toward a simple awakened reproduction theory. Riful and Dauph got it on, Riful got pregnant, but for whatever reason it never came to term until after she died. The doll thing pops out of Riful's lower half more or less where her uterus would be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    Right on.

I lean toward a simple awakened reproduction theory. Riful and Dauph got it on, Riful got pregnant, but for whatever reason it never came to term until after she died. The doll thing pops out of Riful's lower half more or less where her uterus would be.
    Riful also awakened BEFORE she hit puberty so she would not have any eggs for Duph to fertilize, unless Awakening sped up her bodys natural progression I.E. when she awakened she "aged" to that of an adult....as her awakened body dose have fully developed breasts which her human form dose not have.

But i do agree and hope that its there baby (and i am sure that if it is everyone will be happy that i would no longer bring up "can awakened beings have babys" every chapter lol XD)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Riful also awakened BEFORE she hit puberty so she would not have any eggs for Duph to fertilize, unless Awakening sped up her bodys natural progression I.E. when she awakened she "aged" to that of an adult....as her awakened body dose have fully developed breasts which her human form dose not have.

But i do agree and hope that its there baby (and i am sure that if it is everyone will be happy that i would no longer bring up "can awakened beings have babys" every chapter lol XD)
    i think we should abandon the whole reproduction concept. i do believe it was stated at some point that neither awakened nor claymore can reproduce. jsut think of it, where would he womb be in her awakened form? not to mention why would the infant be born as a severed lower torso?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

i do admit that it has none of the destroyers prominent features, nor any hellcat features. i do argue that the destroyer tissue could have been used as a catalyst.

my theory, the infected twin's spikes were used. douf, aware of the position of some infection spikes, went to the corpse and was infected, reinvigorating his damage body yet destroying his mind, causing him to rush forward. however douf is a far lower level creature compared to an abyssal. however, what was left of riful was likely left behind, her legs. the destroyer spikes hit that, and then a reaction equivalent to what created the destroyer happened, yet in a different way, as the infected twin was of the abyssal level of power. however what remained of riful's mind was dominant, and thus it is mostly in reiful's form. then again, it seems to still be in a mostly human shape as of the moment, not yet transforming. we will know more then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    i think we should abandon the whole reproduction concept. i do believe it was stated at some point that neither awakened nor claymore can reproduce. jsut think of it, where would he womb be in her awakened form? not to mention why would the infant be born as a severed lower torso?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

i do admit that it has none of the destroyers prominent features, nor any hellcat features. i do argue that the destroyer tissue could have been used as a catalyst.

my theory, the infected twin's spikes were used. douf, aware of the position of some infection spikes, went to the corpse and was infected, reinvigorating his damage body yet destroying his mind, causing him to rush forward. however douf is a far lower level creature compared to an abyssal. however, what was left of riful was likely left behind, her legs. the destroyer spikes hit that, and then a reaction equivalent to what created the destroyer happened, yet in a different way, as the infected twin was of the abyssal level of power. however what remained of riful's mind was dominant, and thus it is mostly in reiful's form. then again, it seems to still be in a mostly human shape as of the moment, not yet transforming. we will know more then.
    but Riful doll have Duphs spikes ? where would they come from she is part Duph fer sure
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post

Yet the being that was created had control over its body and already established its hate for Priscilla.
    It's safer to assume that somehow infected Dauf merged with Riful.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole Riful and Dauf baby thing doesn't work though...
    Weren't Claymore unable to have children?

I thought that it was because pretty much everything inside them (including the uterus) was removed and replaced by the Yoma's flesh.

Unless, awakening somehow changes that, I don't see how that's possible...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, current theories;
    -Riful and Duff had a baby.
    -Riful regenerated and got a new body form.
    -Riful got infected with the Destroyer.
    -Riful merged with Duff somehow.
    -That thing isn't even Riful.

Obviously Yagi will create some bizarre explanation that none of us have guessed.
    I mean, who guessed that the Priscilla that Quasi-Riful beat up was the Destroyer?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast