Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zetsu's recording ability

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zetsu's recording ability

I just watched the Sasuke vs Itachi again and noticed that Zetsu recorded the fight. Anyone know how he does that?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsu's recording ability

Quote Originally Posted by chorns View Post
    Anyone know how he does that?
    With Hashirama's Cells.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, after all they're the answer to everything.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Jokes aside, it was never revealed how Zetsu recorded the fights. We can only make assumptions and I can think of three ways:
    • Zetsu eyes work like a projector and he can show you what he saw on a wall or something like that.
    • Obito can share memories with Zetsus by holding hands with them (lol), since Obito himself is attached with Zetsu-Goo.
    • Obito uses Genjutsu to enter Zetsu's mind.
    That's all I can think of at the moment. But I assure you that Kishi will never show us in detail how the recording ability works. Unfortunately, one of the most mysterious characters turned out to be nothing more than a walking recording pudding. What's even more funny is that Kishi fodderized Zetsu in a really awful way, making him the weakest Hashirama-cells-pumped-being.

Thinking back when Zetsu was shown the first time after Naruto vs. Sasuke in Part 1, I always thought the reason why he didn't have partner was due to him being so powerful that the leader of Akatsuki didn't feel the need to partner him.

How stupid I was, lol... Kishi definitely came with a much better idea.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Jokes aside, it was never revealed how Zetsu recorded the fights. We can only make assumptions and I can think of three ways:
    • Zetsu eyes work like a projector and he can show you what he saw on a wall or something like that.
    • Obito can share memories with Zetsus by holding hands with them (lol), since Obito himself is attached with Zetsu-Goo.
    • Obito uses Genjutsu to enter Zetsu's mind.
    That's all I can think of at the moment. But I assure you that Kishi will never show us in detail how the recording ability works. Unfortunately, one of the most mysterious characters turned out to be nothing more than a walking recording pudding. What's even more funny is that Kishi fodderized Zetsu in a really awful way, making him the weakest Hashirama-cells-pumped-being.

Thinking back when Zetsu was shown the first time after Naruto vs. Sasuke in Part 1, I always thought the reason why he didn't have partner was due to him being so powerful that the leader of Akatsuki didn't feel the need to partner him.

How stupid I was, lol... Kishi definitely came with a much better idea.
    haha - if you were stupid then so were a lot of people. There was no way of knowing. I think there's another possibility since we know more now - like how Obito wears Zetsu and when black Zetsu said he is the earth itself. I think he (Obito) could have linked to Zetsu himself in the hideout either via the GM statue or Zetsu himself.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Madara's will is involved, maybe? Or Zetsu having eyes that can record? Senju equivalent of Sharingan is my guess. I know it sounds dumb, but it also sounds like something Kishi would do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Madara's will is involved, maybe? Or Zetsu having eyes that can record? Senju equivalent of Sharingan is my guess. I know it sounds dumb, but it also sounds like something Kishi would do.
    as in this page said to tobi to white/black zetsu..
    black zetsu, madara's will and acknowledge and experience..
    white zetsu, hashirama's power and what it means is a god like power that can do anything even recording and heal............sasuke killed white zetsu but with the power of hashirama, i bet he didn't die and heal himself...yes white zetsu is alive..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like how once Hashirama's cells got involved, the specific explanations weren't as specific, it was just Hashirama's cells did it, too boring. I liked the explanation of the eight gates and the hyuuga techniques.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like how once Hashirama's cells got involved, the specific explanations weren't as specific, it was just Hashirama's cells did it, too boring. I liked the explanation of the eight gates and the hyuuga techniques.
    that;s how it works now, take a pill a day of hashirama's cell and you will become a god like as madara,tobi,zetsu,danzou,yamato and could be more if i'm missing one..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishi will probably take the easy route and explain that Tobi could communicate telepathically with Zetsu, but he could have just done it then instantly without wording it like he was going to go home and pop a tape in the VCR.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have four suggestions for this:

1. Madara's will - someone suggested it.

Madara said Zetsu are part of him in Hashimara's clone. Also, I noticed that with a spare sharingan, Madara could cast a small scale of his Tsukyomi on Obito. Maybe, even though Zetsu does not have the sharingan, Madara's will has the power to record what he sees as a result of Madara's sharingan power.

Sincerely, this is bad reasoning for me, because Sasuke said that the Sharingan is the power generate by the pupil. This mean the power of the sharingan is in the eye, and not somewhere else. The fact that transplanting the eye gives its power to the new host proves this fact, and Suggests that Zetsu ability is not from the sharingan.

2. The method used to create zetsu

I think Madara used a jutsu to created the zetsu. In that jutsu, I think he can give them any ability he wants. Therefore, the simplest answer to this puzzle might be that Madara created a zetsu with its recording ability.

3. The Almighty Hashimara's cell

This has become the most smart answer as it seems to always work. Maybe, Hashimara had some sort of memory in his body, who knows.

4. The Best answer - merging

We saw that Tobi could merge with good boy Zetsu when he needed strength. Maybe Zetsu just watched the fight, and anyway he could memeorize it like any human being - plus he has Hashimara's cell to enhance his memory. After the fight, Obito just merged with Zetsu and they shared data using their neurons.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    that;s how it works now, take a pill a day of hashirama's cell and you will become a god like as madara,tobi,zetsu,danzou,yamato and could be more if i'm missing one..
    Yamato was kind of a fair use of Hashirama's cells, and he's easily the most realistically powerful of all the ones you mentioned. In fact, his origin was one of the better ones in the context of the sliding scale of scientific hardness. Yamato was attempt #60- it should take at least that long to find a decent genetic match, and there should be a lot of casualties on the hunt for a child that wouldn't reject the genes. Obito, Danzou, and Madara instantly being able to absorb Hashirama's cells without that whole pesky 'dying' thing is the real bullshit.

Zetsu at least has the decency to be a series of individual creations revolving around cultured cells, instead of just being some guy that shoved some cells in an open wound.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Yamato was kind of a fair use of Hashirama's cells, and he's easily the most realistically powerful of all the ones you mentioned. In fact, his origin was one of the better ones in the context of the sliding scale of scientific hardness. Yamato was attempt #60- it should take at least that long to find a decent genetic match, and there should be a lot of casualties on the hunt for a child that wouldn't reject the genes. Obito, Danzou, and Madara instantly being able to absorb Hashirama's cells without that whole pesky 'dying' thing is the real bullshit.

Zetsu at least has the decency to be a series of individual creations revolving around cultured cells, instead of just being some guy that shoved some cells in an open wound.
    As we know we can have hand,eye, liver and what not doners in real life. Those people obviously don't have the same DNA as the guy that get's it.. You just need to have some compatibility with the donor...
    Thing is Uchiha are RELATIVES of senju. So this would not be that hard to explain. The DNA is made into a paste of stuff... Who knows what it contains (Zetsu goo). Perhaps Madara's or Tobi's own immune system is changed to accept the new biomass (or whatever you whant to call it). Donating a hand or whatever from a Senju to a Uchiha would be like 2 brothers doing the same.

Bottom line is we have no idea how it works. The more complicated question is how did it work for Danzo why/how is the new DNA tanking over a body (Kabuto and Danzo if no seal). But in the end you can trow some luck with compatibility and its a manga...

As for Yamato... I feel like its the other way around. Orochimaru had to modify all the DNA in his entire body to mach that of Hashirama as close as possible... This is a huge undertaken. This is way harder then just getting new organs or limbs(Madara/Obito). We have in curent age, in the real world organs, flesh, skin, limbs and whatever else as a posibility. But chaging the DNA? Not so much lol. Also when i say change the DNA i don't mean in a test tube, i mean in a living human.
    An adult human contains around 100,000,000,000,000 cells, each cell has 46 chromosomes so that would yield 4,600,000,000,000,000 DNA strands but there is DNA in mitochondria too! I can't find in a kid but you can imagine how hard this is(had to google the numbers obviously).
    Last edited by xXan; January 07, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the Sasuke vs Itachi again and noticed that Zetsu recorded the fight. Anyone know how he does that?
    I believe that most logical conclusion is that B. Zetsu has some sort of Pseudo Sharingan.
    We know the Sharingan can copy Jutsu so I really don't see it unlikely that unlike the actual one it simply copies or in this case records as it's not an actual one.A fake or modified.
    B. Zetsu records with his Pseudo Sharingan but he's connected to a W. Zetsu as well thus the latter receives the recording as well.
    When Obito wanted to view it, it might be in a similar way of how the W. Zetsu communicate with another.
    Last edited by Beatrice; January 09, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post

Yeah, Yamato is the only one with Hashirama cells that I can accept. Because he was experimented on by Oro.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast