Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Kurama is at 50% or 100%?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 50%

19 73.08%
  • 100%

7 26.92%
New Reply

Thread: Kurama's (Kyuubi's) curent power level.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurama's (Kyuubi's) curent power level.

So we all know 50% of Kurama's chakra got sealed inside the DG by Minato. Now the point of this topic is to see who belives Kurama regenerated back to 100% and who does not. Of course arguments, hypothesis and what not are welcomed and expected.

Some of the last points on this from another topic:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

The above "spoiler tagged" quotes are from me and Naruto2011. The discussion is long enough and we have many points from multiple people but to lazy to post them all. You can find the discussion here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-Madara/page40

Non canon material:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQzxU6eFIoA
    Here we can see Kurama no bigger then it is now in chakra mode or in Naruto's mind.

Now please keep in mind... The question is not IF Minato sealed part of its chakra way, that is clear enough. The question is if Kurama regenerated back its power.

Some other points to consider its the fact that Biju's once killed and having their chakra dispersed are somehow able to pop back into play at 100%.

Another thing is JMan's claim that Minato sealed yin/yang. 1 part in Naruto and the other in DG seal with himself... Something that after the chapters depicting Minato sealing Kurama and another when he is speaking with Naruto aparently this changed to just chakra and not yin/yang (retcon). Minato even stated he is not going to seal more as its not physically possible. So this 50% seal from Minato is just what he could do at best. It could have been 40% or 70% or any number you can think of IF that was Minato's max.

Now its obvious we have no CLEAR indication of what is what but i am curious to see more people's arguments on this.

Also added a poll to see how many people belive 1 way or the other. Before voiting try reading trough the topic (asuming its actualy going to see some action :P).
    Last edited by xXan; January 15, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurama's (Kyuubi's) curent power level.

Both Biju and Humans can regenerate chakra, that much we know.

However, much like how Orochimaru got his arms sealed and is no longer as strong as he once was, whatever Minato sealed whether it just be charka, or all the yin/yang portion of the Kyuubi, it should be painfully obvious he is weaker than he was before.

Forget size. The Kyuubi is feared unlike any other of the Biju and has more power than all of them. The fact that the 8 tails has shown to be comparable to him should be enough of an indication that he isn't at full strength, or the fact that someone with near "limitless" chakra, ran out of said chakra in the recent fight. Unless we are totally off about how powerful he is, then he certainly isn't at full strength.

If Minato did in fact seal the yin or the yang portion then no it should be impossible for Kurama to fully regenerate. And if he sealed part of his soul, much like what happened to Orochimaru, then he should also not be able to regenerate.

BUT...if all Minato did was seal chakra, then it is entirely possible for the Kyuubi to regenerate. The fact of the matter is he is different than the other Biju as his charka seems to be more potent. Look at the Gold and Silver brothers. By just eating some of his flesh, then could attain 6 tails worth of power. Meaning, that the chakra they ingested manifested and regenerated itself to give them more power than they originally ingested.

So, depending on what Minato sealed, IMO will determine if the Kyuubi is indeed regenerating or not.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to also point out why I also believe kurama hasn't recovered his cakea yet...

When minato sealed his chakra away kurama lost over half his size, in my opinion he halved his chakra resevoire, sealing it away forever

When naruto took kuramas chakra he got only skinnier, he still had his size but he was anerexic skinny, this showed that naruto took a substantial amount of his chakra, he didn't seal half of his chakra like minato did.

Now I point out these differences because later it is shown that kurama does regenerate chakra because he became "healthy" looking and so on. I'm arguing on the point that kurama can regenerate chakra but his chakra resevoires were cut in half by minato so he cannot regenerate that other half that he formerly posses

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato sealed kyubi's half power. And that's forever. And it's pretty obvious that killing the bijuu is entirely different from sealing the bijuu.

Then the kyubi who had the ''other'' half of his power is getting stronger. So, basically, the kyubi looks like he regained his other half power that was sealed by minato, but the truth is, the kyubi's half power is getting more and more stronger.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    I'd like to also point out why I also believe kurama hasn't recovered his cakea yet...

When minato sealed his chakra away kurama lost over half his size, in my opinion he halved his chakra resevoire, sealing it away forever

When naruto took kuramas chakra he got only skinnier, he still had his size but he was anerexic skinny, this showed that naruto took a substantial amount of his chakra, he didn't seal half of his chakra like minato did.

Now I point out these differences because later it is shown that kurama does regenerate chakra because he became "healthy" looking and so on. I'm arguing on the point that kurama can regenerate chakra but his chakra resevoires were cut in half by minato so he cannot regenerate that other half that he formerly posses
    He would have had to seal more than chakra though. Chakra is simply physical energy and spiritual energy combined, both are things that can be regenerated to make more chakra.

Obviously spiritual energy comes from the soul. Physical energy from the body.

But there is a large problem with all of this discussion. The Biju are simply different portions of the Juubi's chakra manifested by the Sage with his Izanagi technique. He gave them souls and bodies by creating those out of thin air, and infused those creations with the Juubi's chakra. Simply calling them chakra manifestations is incorrect because chakra does not have a personality and it can not think like the Biju do.

Essentially, the Sage to my understanding, reverse engineered the Juubi's enormous chakra supply and soul into 9 distinct individuals with real bodies. These immortal being cannot die because they are made of chakra (energy) at their simplest form. We also now know that Biju can gather natural energy and turn it into their demonic type chakra to regenerate themselves. That is puzzling in and of it self as well.

As you can see, there are a lot of questions we don't have answers too and likely never will at this point. Biju's are not human, and do not operate like them.

The Kyuubi shrinking is obviously an indication that something got sealed, problem is we don't for sure know what that something is. When Orochimaru's arms got sealed they died and could no longer be used. Nothing on the Kyuubi died, he just shrunk. What the hell does that mean? When a normal human has his chakra stolen they don't drink, they simply fatigue. But again, humans and biju are not the same.

The fact that Biju are in fact chakra manifestations would mean that perhaps they would shrink when they lose chakra because it is what they are made of. But that makes no sense, because if that were true, every time they used a technique they'd get progressively smaller.

IMO, Minato had to have sealed more than chakra, because what would be the point of just sealing something that could regenerate later anyway?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    He would have had to seal more than chakra though. Chakra is simply physical energy and spiritual energy combined, both are things that can be regenerated to make more chakra.

Obviously spiritual energy comes from the soul. Physical energy from the body.

But there is a large problem with all of this discussion. The Biju are simply different portions of the Juubi's chakra manifested by the Sage with his Izanagi technique. He gave them souls and bodies by creating those out of thin air, and infused those creations with the Juubi's chakra. Simply calling them chakra manifestations is incorrect because chakra does not have a personality and it can not think like the Biju do.

Essentially, the Sage to my understanding, reverse engineered the Juubi's enormous chakra supply and soul into 9 distinct individuals with real bodies. These immortal being cannot die because they are made of chakra (energy) at their simplest form. We also now know that Biju can gather natural energy and turn it into their demonic type chakra to regenerate themselves. That is puzzling in and of it self as well.

As you can see, there are a lot of questions we don't have answers too and likely never will at this point. Biju's are not human, and do not operate like them.

The Kyuubi shrinking is obviously an indication that something got sealed, problem is we don't for sure know what that something is. When Orochimaru's arms got sealed they died and could no longer be used. Nothing on the Kyuubi died, he just shrunk. What the hell does that mean? When a normal human has his chakra stolen they don't drink, they simply fatigue. But again, humans and biju are not the same.

The fact that Biju are in fact chakra manifestations would mean that perhaps they would shrink when they lose chakra because it is what they are made of. But that makes no sense, because if that were true, every time they used a technique they'd get progressively smaller.

IMO, Minato had to have sealed more than chakra, because what would be the point of just sealing something that could regenerate later anyway?
    No im not meaning Minato sealed his just his chakra, im meaning his resevoire, or ying and yang as you put it.

But ths rises a question, does the other half of kurama that was sealed have its own intelligence? This would be an interesting occurance if the two kyuubi halves were to meet, Ying Kurama and Yang Kurama.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    No im not meaning Minato sealed his just his chakra, im meaning his resevoire, or ying and yang as you put it.

But ths rises a question, does the other half of kurama that was sealed have its own intelligence? This would be an interesting occurance if the two kyuubi halves were to meet, Ying Kurama and Yang Kurama.
    It's entirely possible but I think unlikely.

As I see it, Yin and Yang relates to your soul obviously. Your soul is connected to your body via your mind and vice versa. Your mind can control both your body and soul if you know how to in this universe, thus when you concentrate you can make chakra. When you die, your soul is removed along with you mind and your body is left behind.

However, if only part of your soul is removed, then your mind stays put and so does your body obviously, but with side effects (a.k.a loss of Orochimaru's arms, and the Kyuubi shrinking in half).

So while it would be awesome, I doubt the Kyuubi has a "twin" roaming around in the Death God's stomach.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Precisely, and you see it during the sealing:
    this is what Yondaime sealed, it looks pretty different from the chakra that Naruto stole, for example.
    And even Kyuubi's reaction is different:
    with Yondaime, he shrunk, with Naruto he simply looked weak and thin, he neither became smaller nor bigger

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his power level is unchanged. However I think his chakra reservoirs are not at 100%. So he may be at 50% chakra reservoir but he is still at 100% of his original power. That is my opinion.
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he's on 50% of chakra reservoirs. It's not like Kurama can give a shitload of chakra to Naruto at once, that'd rip him apart - so as far as 'power' or chakra output goes, nothing's changed. But there had to be an effect of SF, so my vote goes to total chakra.
    But what's more interesting is not the quantity, but the quality of the chakra IMO. Normal chakra (elemental) has different properties, so yin and yang should, too. And what happens when you mix them?
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the purpose of sealing half of the Kyuubis chakra in Minato can help with this discussion.
    He did it cause he tought (and was probobly right with it) that little Narutos body wouldn't be able to take such an enormous amout of chakra. Minato himself stated that the Kyuubis chakra felt very heavy after sealing half of it inside him. So Minato wouldn't have needed to seal one part of the chakra if his son was older, meaning old enough to take the full thing.
    Minato did not want to cripple the Kyuubi, he wanted to have him intact in order to fight Tobi with this power - so it wouldn't be smart if you seal part of his soul that he can only regenerate to 50% of his chakra. Just take half of it away and let it regenerate.

BTW: Another argument for the Kyuubis chakra regenerating is the weakening of Narutos seal already in part 1! Of course you can argue that a seal looses its power when time passes BUT, if the pressure on this seal was increased over the years with the Kyuubis chakra regenerating it makes even more sense to me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurama has not only recovered everything stolen from him by Minato (chakra-wise) but he's gained even more when in Bijuu Mode with Naruto. Kurama originally was capable of being crushed by a fat toad. Now, with Naruto's aid he's capable of tanking a Bijuudama from the Jyuubi.

As for what he lost during the sealing, he lost whatever special affinity his chakra was. Think about it: Kurama is a mass of hatred made into chakra. The Yin chakra was ripped from him. Yin chakra is the power of imagination and the power to give it form. Yang chakra however is the power of vitality and life. Because Kurama only has the Yang chakra, his chakra takes on the effects of pure Yang release. He reinvigorates others with his chakra. He regenerates faster than other bijuu. He screws up Mokuton and Zetsu with his chakra. All elements of having a powerful lifeforce. He doesn't however, have elemental attacks or anything that would likely be attributed to him just being a bijuu.

"But wait: if he recovered all that chakra back... then where's his new special abilities? Where's his Yin stuff?"

I think it was sealed away. He recovered the chakra reserve, but not the tools that come with the chakra.

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

If its life chakra then why was it pure poison before Naruto removed it from Kurama?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The poison wasn't an elemental affinity. It wasn't even poison. It was just so potent that it burned things around it (like when Sasuke burned off some of his own skin when using Chidori).

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

Thing is before Naruto "purified" it or turned Kurama good you could not even breathe easily in it. It bured your flesh and other stuff it made contact with. Then it whent from that to good fluffy chakra that is full of life, makes crep grow and its no longer doing ANY damage to ANYBODY in contact with it... Like why? Curent chakra is ALSO POTENT. Why does it not burn stuff? Why its no longer a problem to breath in it?

The air used to HURT:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/292

Horrifying chakra:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/292/6

Simple contact and you start to burn up:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/294/7

I don't think thing the chakra you mencioned (vitality one) has anything to do with Kurama's Yang chakra. Before that ti was also Kurama's chakra and life energy it was the last thing that it was doing. Only after Naruto removed Kurama's evil (or whatever) from the chakra or made Kurama good is when the chakra changed. Before that it was "evil chakra", a mass of hate or whatever else it was described.

So my question is why has it become life giving chakra ONLY after Naruto did the purify thing? Keep in mind we had it in contact with wood element (direct chakra-wood element contact) and it did not make it grow.
    Last edited by xXan; January 16, 2013 at 08:37 AM.

New Reply