Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1643

Thread: Frostyland

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frostyland

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    i knew you would go for that and i still didnt back away
    So that makes you JD then? :P

Did you ever watch Scrubs?

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Here's some more food for thought. German teams this week need to learn how to hit the target. Bayern should've had like six by the end, but only got two and one of them was because of a bad save by Buffon that left the ball to be played. Robben should've had three or four goals.

Dortmund legitimately could not score. Gotze and Lewandowski were less than impressive with some of those misses.
    It's not been their week has it? I'm not surprised about Robben though, but hearing how many chances Bayern had, I hope they don't come to rue them at the end of the tie. I didn't watch the Dortmund match, so I'll take your word on that. It was a draw wasn't it?

Also, Chelsea won and Torres scored. What are your thoughts on the game, did you watch it at all?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    It's not been their week has it? I'm not surprised about Robben though, but hearing how many chances Bayern had, I hope they don't come to rue them at the end of the tie. I didn't watch the Dortmund match, so I'll take your word on that. It was a draw wasn't it?

Also, Chelsea won and Torres scored. What are your thoughts on the game, did you watch it at all?
    Robben was legitimately awful. Well, actually, not. See, he did really well and got into great positions (in part because of the quality of Dortmund as a whole), but his shot's were really lacking.

Yes, it was a 0-0 draw.

I saw. He scored not once, but twice. I watched the whole match live. He played pretty well overall, getting into good areas, holding up the ball, and even made some nice crosses. The problem is that it was against Rubin Kazan. It was an encouraging sight, but he needs to keep this level of play up. I, and probably most Chelsea fans, are worried that Torres will just slip back into the old Torres. Mata's cross for Torres' header was quite nice.

The penalty Terry conceded wasn't too bad. I mean, it clipped his shoulder and it was a penalty, but it's not always a penalty. We've seen it not given, but I don't fault Terry for trying to get the block in.

When we pressed and went for it, we looked like there were two or three levels between us, but, like it's been this season and last season, the problem is when we drop off and try to hold on. Without a real defining CDM like Essien or Makelele, we have a problem. There's really no CDM in the world that compares to the pre-broken leg Essien, so there's really no one we can buy and hope it works. Well, actually, we do have a few CM/CDMs who look like they could be stars in the next three years. McEachran might be able to do the job, I don't know.

Next year, we should have De Bruyne and a few other AMs, so instead of having to use Benayoun and Marin all the time when we're resting players, we'll have top class AMs. I'd rather have De Bruyne playing instead of Oscar. I don't know if we're going to buy Isco; we have first refusal on him, but with FFP and the new Premier League spending restrictions, who knows.

We're not buying Falcao as he's dropped off. Lukaku should just start up front for us.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I took my poodle to the groomer's today. He was nicely sheared, so now he looks like a sheep.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

I've been calling him sheep-sheep today.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Robben was legitimately awful. Well, actually, not. See, he did really well and got into great positions (in part because of the quality of Dortmund as a whole), but his shot's were really lacking.

Yes, it was a 0-0 draw.

I saw. He scored not once, but twice. I watched the whole match live. He played pretty well overall, getting into good areas, holding up the ball, and even made some nice crosses. The problem is that it was against Rubin Kazan. It was an encouraging sight, but he needs to keep this level of play up. I, and probably most Chelsea fans, are worried that Torres will just slip back into the old Torres. Mata's cross for Torres' header was quite nice.

The penalty Terry conceded wasn't too bad. I mean, it clipped his shoulder and it was a penalty, but it's not always a penalty. We've seen it not given, but I don't fault Terry for trying to get the block in.

When we pressed and went for it, we looked like there were two or three levels between us, but, like it's been this season and last season, the problem is when we drop off and try to hold on. Without a real defining CDM like Essien or Makelele, we have a problem. There's really no CDM in the world that compares to the pre-broken leg Essien, so there's really no one we can buy and hope it works. Well, actually, we do have a few CM/CDMs who look like they could be stars in the next three years. McEachran might be able to do the job, I don't know.

Next year, we should have De Bruyne and a few other AMs, so instead of having to use Benayoun and Marin all the time when we're resting players, we'll have top class AMs. I'd rather have De Bruyne playing instead of Oscar. I don't know if we're going to buy Isco; we have first refusal on him, but with FFP and the new Premier League spending restrictions, who knows.

We're not buying Falcao as he's dropped off. Lukaku should just start up front for us.
    Well, positioning isn't really the issue, we know he's good at all that; driibbling, crossing( more often than not), etc. Passing and finishing product just seems to be the problem and butt of most jokes aimed at him.

From what I can remember, he's scored quite often in the last month or so, it'd do him good to carry on like this....regardless of the opposition.

Those are always a bit hit and miss; I've seen refs give penalties for a player getting the ball kicked on his arm, it's a joke and a varies from game to game, ref to ref.

McEachran, isn't he more CM-CAM than CDM? Chelsea should look to bring up a CDM from within and give them game time to improve, that way the player can get used to the team and style of play.

I miss the days when Arsenal used to have the attention of top class players. . That being said this new spending restriction and quote on home grown players in the EPL, it'll be interesting to see how the top teams like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and others fair with it. Mostly City will have a lot of problems imo, the others too but to a lesser extent.

So Falcao is off now? I wonder where he would eventually end up though...

I took my poodle to the groomer's today. He was nicely sheared, so now he looks like a sheep.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

I've been calling him sheep-sheep today.
    And yet, you won't share a pic of said poodle?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, positioning isn't really the issue, we know he's good at all that; driibbling, crossing( more often than not), etc. Passing and finishing product just seems to be the problem and butt of most jokes aimed at him.

From what I can remember, he's scored quite often in the last month or so, it'd do him good to carry on like this....regardless of the opposition.

Those are always a bit hit and miss; I've seen refs give penalties for a player getting the ball kicked on his arm, it's a joke and a varies from game to game, ref to ref.

McEachran, isn't he more CM-CAM than CDM? Chelsea should look to bring up a CDM from within and give them game time to improve, that way the player can get used to the team and style of play.

I miss the days when Arsenal used to have the attention of top class players. . That being said this new spending restriction and quote on home grown players in the EPL, it'll be interesting to see how the top teams like Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and others fair with it. Mostly City will have a lot of problems imo, the others too but to a lesser extent.

So Falcao is off now? I wonder where he would eventually end up though...

And yet, you won't share a pic of said poodle?
    Yeah, we know all of those issues.

I think that he is more CM/CAM than CDM, but it could work out. We do have some actual CDMs loaned out, however. I just can't remember their names right now.

I don't know if the deal for Falcao is off, but I feel like we're better off not spending like 40m on him (50m = Torres (rated at 10m) and 40m cash).

There are three pics of him in the OP of my thread.

Animal pics:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added April 07, 2013 at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

Right, so a potential acquisition of Schurrle, although I'd rather just see Kevin De Bruyne just play for us next season instead of loaning him out again.

We got a narrow win, but a good win. Three points are three points.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we know all of those issues.

I think that he is more CM/CAM than CDM, but it could work out. We do have some actual CDMs loaned out, however. I just can't remember their names right now.

I don't know if the deal for Falcao is off, but I feel like we're better off not spending like 40m on him (50m = Torres (rated at 10m) and 40m cash).

There are three pics of him in the OP of my thread.

Animal pics:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added April 07, 2013 at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

Right, so a potential acquisition of Schurrle, although I'd rather just see Kevin De Bruyne just play for us next season instead of loaning him out again.

We got a narrow win, but a good win. Three points are three points.
    Me neither but with time and all, he can be converted to CDM if that's the goal. I think Chelsea should try to go for something less obvious than Falcao; yes he may turn out to be the best striker they've had but a player like that always brings too much pressure and questions on themselves. If they have that sort of money to spend, better try to bring in a good few quality players. Man, football transfers are getting ridiculous; 40m is seen as nothing these days.

Yeah I went and saw the pics in the OP. What are your pet's names? the poodle looks cute

I've just read on Schurrle's possible move but Leverkusen say they won't be bullied into selling. How cute .

Yep, a win is a win. I was really hoping Chelsea would draw and Spurs lose, it would've opened things up a bit more. Bale being out is proving rather decisive for Spurs. Hopefully they will strike a run of bad games .

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither but with time and all, he can be converted to CDM if that's the goal. I think Chelsea should try to go for something less obvious than Falcao; yes he may turn out to be the best striker they've had but a player like that always brings too much pressure and questions on themselves. If they have that sort of money to spend, better try to bring in a good few quality players. Man, football transfers are getting ridiculous; 40m is seen as nothing these days.

Yeah I went and saw the pics in the OP. What are your pet's names? the poodle looks cute

I've just read on Schurrle's possible move but Leverkusen say they won't be bullied into selling. How cute .

Yep, a win is a win. I was really hoping Chelsea would draw and Spurs lose, it would've opened things up a bit more. Bale being out is proving rather decisive for Spurs. Hopefully they will strike a run of bad games .
    McEachran is supposed to "be the next Lampard," but who knows if that'll pan out.

Yeah, and that's why FFP and spending limits are being imposed.

I just got him groomed, so he's much cuter right now. He's curled up in his doggie bed on my bed right now.

Originally, it was reported that Leverkusen (by German newspapers) wanted De Bruyne, which really sounded as if they were trying to entice us to loan him to them. We'll see what happens.

Yeah. I was so hoping Spurs would've lost though.

Oh, and while who knows if it'll pan out in the end, the news of the day:

German football journalist Raphael Honigstein on Twitter: "Mourinho to Chelsea buzz getting louder. Two very different people with CFC connections insist "it's a done deal"."

---------- Post added April 09, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 08, 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

We need more posting here, especially after today's elimination of the offside rule in the Dortmund vs Malaga match.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what we need? We need you to stop slacking off and calc matches >_>

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

McEachran is supposed to "be the next Lampard," but who knows if that'll pan out.

Yeah, and that's why FFP and spending limits are being imposed.

I just got him groomed, so he's much cuter right now. He's curled up in his doggie bed on my bed right now.

Originally, it was reported that Leverkusen (by German newspapers) wanted De Bruyne, which really sounded as if they were trying to entice us to loan him to them. We'll see what happens.

Yeah. I was so hoping Spurs would've lost though.

Oh, and while who knows if it'll pan out in the end, the news of the day:

German football journalist Raphael Honigstein on Twitter: "Mourinho to Chelsea buzz getting louder. Two very different people with CFC connections insist "it's a done deal"."

---------- Post added April 09, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 08, 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------
    I tend to not follow those labels anymore; it puts too much pressure on the player as he grows up believing that he doesn't reach that level, then he's failed.
    Didn't know you were the pet type; so adorable.

While we're on the subject of Spurs, what do you think the possibility of Bale leaving in the summer are?

I'm not gonna call it a done deal until it is confirmed done. Too many times we've seen "Player A has agreed to move to team B" then breaking news "team A have confirmed the signing of player A on a xx year contract". We'll see.

Quote Quote:
    We need more posting here, especially after today's elimination of the offside rule in the Dortmund vs Malaga match.
    Read the post in my thread. Were you rooting for Malaga?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to not follow those labels anymore; it puts too much pressure on the player as he grows up believing that he doesn't reach that level, then he's failed.
    Didn't know you were the pet type; so adorable.

While we're on the subject of Spurs, what do you think the possibility of Bale leaving in the summer are?

I'm not gonna call it a done deal until it is confirmed done. Too many times we've seen "Player A has agreed to move to team B" then breaking news "team A have confirmed the signing of player A on a xx year contract". We'll see.

Read the post in my thread. Were you rooting for Malaga?
    Chelsea certainly hasn't done him any favors by continuously loaning him out instead of letting him play for us.

Of course I'm the pet type.

I don't know. I think that Bale would fare better in La Liga somehow, but he's definitely not worth 40-50m pounds. I don't know if he'll leave or not. We tried to buy Modric off of Spurs before the 11/12 season, but their chairman wouldn't sell for any price and then the next summer, he sold him to Madrid for significantly less than we'd offered.

No one is, but it's looking positive right now. At the end of the season, Jose could easily resign with Madrid, especially if he wins the CL.

I like Dortmund's play style more, but I was rooting for the underdog in the second match because Dortmund failed to score so spectacularly in Malaga.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    You know what we need? We need you to stop slacking off and calc matches >_>
    Well...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chelsea certainly hasn't done him any favors by continuously loaning him out instead of letting him play for us.

Of course I'm the pet type.

I don't know. I think that Bale would fare better in La Liga somehow, but he's definitely not worth 40-50m pounds. I don't know if he'll leave or not. We tried to buy Modric off of Spurs before the 11/12 season, but their chairman wouldn't sell for any price and then the next summer, he sold him to Madrid for significantly less than we'd offered.

No one is, but it's looking positive right now. At the end of the season, Jose could easily resign with Madrid, especially if he wins the CL.

I like Dortmund's play style more, but I was rooting for the underdog in the second match because Dortmund failed to score so spectacularly in Malaga.
    Where is he now? I find the loaning of young players a double edged sword; on one hand they could really benefit from first team football elsewhere and improve their game for their eventual return. On the other hand, they could go away and completely suck, whereas they could've performed better had they been given a few stints on the first team.

You say that like it's common knowledge

I agree, the rise in number of clubs that can throw that sort of money on players has distorted true player values. I remember the Modric incident; followed the transfer deadline and I wasn't expecting it. Though not confirmed, I was sure he'd end up at Chelsea in the end after they hunted him endlessly.

I want Madrid to win their 10th Champions League finally, but not with Mourinho. Yes, I'm a hater but can you imagine the size of his ego if HE is the man that brings them that trophy that has eluded them for 10 years+ and some high profile managers during that time. I'd love to see him back in England purely for the banter, his press conferences were nothing short of excellent.

I was rooting for Malaga, if I had to choose because they'd never reached that stage in the competition before and I wanted them to do well and cause some upsets. They can still keep their chins up, I doubt they thought it was possible in the beginning of the season.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is he now? I find the loaning of young players a double edged sword; on one hand they could really benefit from first team football elsewhere and improve their game for their eventual return. On the other hand, they could go away and completely suck, whereas they could've performed better had they been given a few stints on the first team.

You say that like it's common knowledge

I agree, the rise in number of clubs that can throw that sort of money on players has distorted true player values. I remember the Modric incident; followed the transfer deadline and I wasn't expecting it. Though not confirmed, I was sure he'd end up at Chelsea in the end after they hunted him endlessly.

I want Madrid to win their 10th Champions League finally, but not with Mourinho. Yes, I'm a hater but can you imagine the size of his ego if HE is the man that brings them that trophy that has eluded them for 10 years+ and some high profile managers during that time. I'd love to see him back in England purely for the banter, his press conferences were nothing short of excellent.

I was rooting for Malaga, if I had to choose because they'd never reached that stage in the competition before and I wanted them to do well and cause some upsets. They can still keep their chins up, I doubt they thought it was possible in the beginning of the season.
    He's loaned out to Middlesbrough, I believe.

Maybe I should've made it more obvious. :P

Yeah. So many players are being valued at over 30m pounds these days that it's ridiculous. Did you know that we paid 20m to buy Lukaku before we'd ever seen him play in a top league? I think that in the end, we offered Levy 45m for Modric and he still said no, and 45m is like 25m more than Modric is worth.

If Jose got Madrid their 10th CL, it would be hilarious. We'd get so many more "The Special One" quotes. Jose's ego already is that large, so I don't know how much larger it could really get.

I was rooting for Dortmund before the tie began, but then I was rooting for Malaga for the second leg because I wanted to see them do well and get back at UEFA for denying them CL football for next season (well, one season in the next four, but Malaga are fourth right now, so it'll be next season).

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He's loaned out to Middlesbrough, I believe.

Maybe I should've made it more obvious. :P

Yeah. So many players are being valued at over 30m pounds these days that it's ridiculous. Did you know that we paid 20m to buy Lukaku before we'd ever seen him play in a top league? I think that in the end, we offered Levy 45m for Modric and he still said no, and 45m is like 25m more than Modric is worth.

If Jose got Madrid their 10th CL, it would be hilarious. We'd get so many more "The Special One" quotes. Jose's ego already is that large, so I don't know how much larger it could really get.

I was rooting for Dortmund before the tie began, but then I was rooting for Malaga for the second leg because I wanted to see them do well and get back at UEFA for denying them CL football for next season (well, one season in the next four, but Malaga are fourth right now, so it'll be next season).
    Well, I guess it's obvious since you randomly talk about your pets and what you did with them/for them. Have you always had pets and what was the first one you had?

I knew the price for Lukaku, I didn't know about not having seen him play in the top league before. To be honest, I don't recall hearing about him before but my brother knew who he was as he follows all sorts of leagues and Lukaku is also from my country. I think 20m is a fair price to pay for Modric, anything beyond that is just ridiculous. 45m? bloody hell, he's not worth that much and it's showing now. His good performances seem to far in between, not good enough for a top club.

I hope to see Malaga again in the Champions Leauge and for them to do well. Hopefully this campaign will give a boost to the club to purchase more quality players, keep the ones they also have and try to build on the successes of this season.

New Reply
Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast