Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will you still read Naruto in 2013?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah! I love this shit!

13 23.21%
  • Of course I will, I like this manga

13 23.21%
  • Sure, why not

7 12.50%
  • Meh, I don't have anything better to do on Wednesdays

3 5.36%
  • Its not like I have a choice, I started reading it it, like, 10 years ago

15 26.79%
  • Lol no, it sucks

3 5.36%
  • Why the hell would I? Every chapter is a pain

2 3.57%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

Year's over and the world has not ended ( f*ck you Mayans! ), but Naruto continues strongly, still in its War Arc.
    We had a lot going on, Naruto & co vs Tobi & Jinchuurikis, Madara vs the Kages, Uchiha Bros vs Kabuto, Tobi's reveal and the Juubi revival; it was a busy year indeed.
    And now let us think what you kn... Oh god I had too much to drink last night... Ahem! Let us know what you think about this year that has passed, possibly with a healty dose of irony

Attention: You can vote everything that happened between Chap. 568 and Chap. 615
    • Character of the Year
    • Moment of the Year
    • Revelation of the Year
    • Fight of the Year
    • Funny Moment of the Year
    • Pairing of the Year
    • Worst Character of the Year
    • Worst Moment of the Year
    • Worst Revelation of the Year
    • Worst Fight of the Year
    • Most Boring Moment of the Year

Try to have fun, you don't have to answer all of it if you don't want to, and do explain your choices, so we can all have fun discussing them

First one that transform this into a Yondaime thread will have all his messages modded by me.
    You are warned

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

Character of the Year: Uchiha Itachi.

This guy had already made possibly one of the most epic exits from the manga far before, and he came back. Generally, reviving a dead character would be ruining that person's legacy, but for Itachi, it turned out to be the opposite. He defeated Nagato just by perception and intelligence, not depending on power. He gave a good speech to Naruto about how he was trying to shoulder everything himself in a wrong way. He defeated Kabuto by showing an epic Uchiha kinjutsu, and instead of murdering him, he wanted Kabuto to acknowledge his own personality. He then told his little brother he would love him forever whatever path he may choose to follow, evil or not.
    Yep, this is good enough.

Moment of the Year: First appearance of the Perfect Susano'o.

Since the Juubi's appearance was too lame to draw a comparison, Perfect Susano'o gets my vote here.

Revelation of the Year: Tobi is Obito.

Yuck.

Fight of the Year: Madara vs The Five Kage.

The strongest antagonist versus the strongest Shinobi of five great nations (Jinchuuriki aside). An easy win.

Funny Moment of the Year: Obito's reason: "Because you let Rin die".

At least, we now know people still can act like brats even after they have been grown up for years.

Pairing of the Year: Dan Kato and Senju Tsunade.

Obviously, they were the only lovers of all those chapters spanning a year. A nice forehead kiss from Dan, just like the old days. An emotional peak.

Worst Character of the Year: Uchiha Obito.

From his petty reasoning to his final childish taunt to Naruto, Obito is the indisputable winner in this category.

Worst Moment of the Year: Juubi-blob entering the scene.

That needed a week or two to get out of my mind.

Worst Revelation of the Year: Madara breaking out of Edo Tensei's contract.

He practically claimed to be knowing the hand seals of a jutsu that has been invented after he was supposedly dead. So, he had Zetsu to spy on and learn a few things. Not a very noble act, sir.

Worst Fight of the Year: Naruto & Co. vs Tobi & Jinchuuriki

Not that this was that bad, but all the others were better.

Most Boring Moment of the Year: Naruto holding Hinata's hand.

To think that a Hyuuga genius died for the sake of this moment.. Blech.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, i'll bite:

•Character of the Year

Madara no contest.

•Moment of the Year

No contest it was this. Anybody stating any diferent has no idea what he is talking about :P

Itachi: You don't have to forgive me.... No matter what you decide to do from now on.... I will love you FOREVER.
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/590/16

•Revelation of the Year

I will like to say Obito but i just CAN'T. For me it was Kurama and the other Biju's with Rikudo Sennin and why they where created and what not.

•Fight of the Year

Madara vs Kages. No contest.

•Funny Moment of the Year

Obito's stupidity in not making a hole in his mask to shoot Katons... At least for me. Had a good laugh on it.

•Pairing of the Year

Naruto and Hinata. I just LOVE this page:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/615/16
    Hinata is so cute there

•Worst Character of the Year

Obito, GOD it was Obito...

•Worst Moment of the Year

Obito's revelation was something like a punch in the face.

•Worst Revelation of the Year

Obito....

•Worst Fight of the Year

Biju vs Biju crep. I like Naruto in his chakra mode but full biju vs Juubi its just boring. Its who has the biggest biju blast...

•Most Boring Moment of the Year

Kabuto hole crep convo. I could not w8 to end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

• Character of the Year
      Madara. He stole every chapter he was in. A villain you want to see defeated.

• Moment of the Year
      Kakashi killing Rin in a flashback. We still don't know why.

• Revelation of the Year
      Tobi being Obito. Even though it sucked.

• Fight of the Year
      Kages vs Madara. I didn't like many of the fights this year. But this one showed how outclassed every one is against Madara.

• Funny Moment of the Year
      Kiba saying he was about to wet himself after seeing the power of the Jyuubi.

• Pairing of the Year
      Seeing Shikamaru and Temari back together when the Alliance arrived was it for me.

• Worst Character of the Year
      Obito by a mile. A whiny petulant brat. I just can't stand him. She just wasn't into you dude.

• Worst Moment of the Year
      Shikaku, Inocihi and Neji getting killed. Seeing name characters die in back to back chapters was jarring.

• Worst Revelation of the Year
      Hashirama DNA can do anything.

• Worst Fight of the Year
      The giant monster biju fights. They are hard to follow and boring. This shouldn't be Godzilla.

• Most Boring Moment of the Year
      I couldn't get into Kabuto's backstory or his fight against Sasuke and Itachi.
    Last edited by Jessie; January 01, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the Year
    Takes bait: Yondaime Hokage, wherever he was mentioned

Sakura, for displaying such fantastic combat ability and staying relevant to the plot. Kishi truly did her justice by making her more heroine like, like he promised in an earlier interview.

Moment of the Year
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/571/5

Bad. Ass.

(Worst) Revelation of the Year
    Madara being revealed to having implanted his eyes in a young kid. Such fantastic writing. An old man who was on his death bed found a random Uzumaki, put his eyes in his head without the kid (or the parents!) even noticing, thought "hehe, he will revive me later, I'm so clever" without any real plan for that happening, luckily found a random Uchiha that fell into his humble home that could carry out his plans. Wonderful.

Fight of the Year
    I haven't thoroughly liked any of the major fights this year. They've either been dragged on too long or contained elements I did not like that ruined the overall picture of the fights. Jinchuuriki battle, too long. Kabuto vs Susano'o Spammers, the former is beaten with the most ridiculous hax jutsu I've ever heard about, talk about having the author against you (did I mention Kabuto is STILL in his little personal Infinite Tsukuyomi, slowly starving? Oh wait no worries, maybe he has a Hashirama cookie in his genjutsu!). Madara vs Kage, too much Hashirama bullshit and Perfect Susano'o is the most stupid technique aside from Izanami I've ever seen (where would Madara even get the chakra from in a mortal body!? I hope Hashirama had a Mokuton Mecha to counter it, otherwise I'm dumbfounded how he won). Tobi (and later Madara) vs Naruto, Kakashi, Mr Fodder #1 and Mr Fodder #2, too damn long, too damn large amount of Hashirama. Bulbasaur vs Fodder Army, no comment.

I'll give this one to Obito massacring the Mist ninja. I thoroughly enjoyed this short grotesque carnage.

Funny (TROLLING) Moment of the Year
    Neji dying. Poor Neji had to die for Naruto x Hinata to become canon. That was pretty hilarious. Poor characters must hate it when the author is against them.

Pairing of the Year
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/586/17

Itachi has such deep understanding of Kabuto's psyche. They're meant for each other

Worst Character of the Year
    I love Tobi, but I hate Obito.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Worst Revelation of the Year: Madara breaking out of Edo Tensei's contract.

He practically claimed to be knowing the hand seals of a jutsu that has been invented after he was supposedly dead. So, he had Zetsu to spy on and learn a few things. Not a very noble act, sir.
    I don't recall reading that Edo Tensei was invented after Madara "died". Considering Tobirama was an active fighter throughout the clan wars, it's fully possible he invented Edo Tensei prior to Konoha's foundation. Not a plot hole at all unless my memory is completely clouded, which of course it isn't (prove me wrong if it is).

Last edited by 3c; January 01, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the Year
    I'm torn between Madara and Naruto. Madara it is.

Moment of the Year
    This, no contest.

Revelation of the Year
    Tobito revelation. I am disappoint.

Fight of the Year
    Gokage vs Madara of course.

Funny Moment of the Year
    Naruto barfing as he remembers his kiss with Sasuke.

Pairing of the Year
    NaruHina! Finally Kishimoto is doing the right thing!

Obito. He's just pathetic. Even more angst than Sasuke, and only because he lost a girl that didn't even like him. Wimp.

Worst Moment of the Year
    Tsunade ripped apart. She probably won't make it.

Worst Revelation of the Year
    Senju DNA is too big of a tool. Besides that, sharingan to rinnegan evolution.

Worst Fight of the Year
    Itachi vs Kabuto. Izanami is just lame.

Most Boring Moment of the Year
    The same as above, Izanami.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@3c

Quote Quote:
    Madara being revealed to having implanted his eyes in a young kid. Such fantastic writing. An old man who was on his death bed found a random Uzumaki, put his eyes in his head without the kid (or the parents!) even noticing, thought "hehe, he will revive me later, I'm so clever" without any real plan for that happening, luckily found a random Uchiha that fell into his humble home that could carry out his plans. Wonderful.
    He had a ton of Zetsus. He could use those i am sure. He can even make one with his will. Obito droping there was just dumb luck but he could do it alone probably.
    Zetsu has been in all the big fights. Him going around and doing crep for Madara would be easy.

Quote Quote:
    I don't recall reading that Edo Tensei was invented after Madara "died". Considering Tobirama was an active fighter throughout the clan wars, it's fully possible he invented Edo Tensei prior to Konoha's foundation. Not a plot hole at all unless my memory is completely clouded, which of course it isn't (prove me wrong if it is).
    I think people are forgeting he died a long time after his fight with Hashirama in his cave... He woud have more then enough time to find out how.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    [B]He had a ton of Zetsus. He could use those i am sure. He can even make one with his will. Obito droping there was just dumb luck but he could do it alone probably.
    Zetsu has been in all the big fights. Him going around and doing crep for Madara would be easy.
    No matter how you want to make a shred of sense around it, it's a dreadful plan full of circumstance and thus dreadful writing.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the Year
    Madara Uchiha, he was the only threat to the alliance in the entire war, not counting the Juubi.

Moment of the Year
    The Juubi's arrival. Because he's the freaking Juubi.

Revelation of the Year
    Orochimaru coming back.
    Spoiler show

No in all seriousness though, I really do think it's good that Oro's back. It makes absolutely no sense, and does make what Sasuke and Itachi did to him utterly pointless, but good lord does this manga need him right now.

Fight of the Year
    The fight with Naruto and the Jinchuuriki. That was a really good fight, but there were only two other fights this whole year pretty much, and one of them is still going on, so theres not much else to compare it with.

Funny Moment of the Year
    Kishi's whole chapter where he reveals Tobi is Obito. I mean the chapter before, we're left off with Naruto breaking Tobi's mask, and Kishi in the following chapter cuts straight to an entire flashback dedicated to showing panels of Obito when he was a chuunin, without even having any dialogue. He even named the chapter Obito Uchiha. Come on Kishi, you don't even need to read the next chapter to figure out the identity, just the title. Straight up stalling and trolling.

Pairing of the Year
    Hinata and Naruto. Because yeah, this shit just got real. Thank God Naruto isn't going to end up with Sakura. Not that I care about the pairings, but Naruto x Hinata makes sense, and Sakura is such a terrible character and completely undeserving.

Obito.

Worst Moment of the Year
    "Because you let Rin die."

Worst Revelation of the Year
    Tobi being Obito, it's a no-brainer. Worst revelation / secret identity I've ever seen ever. It's really hurt this manga, I don't think it can recover from this, because Kishi made Obito too important and messed with all sorts of stuff just to try and explain it. It's detracted from the quality of earlier moments in Naruto's story too, like the flashback of the Kyubi's attack, Obito being the one to help Itachi massacre the Uchiha ( as well as fooling him), and the epic lines Obito spoke to Kakashi that inspired him and Naruto. Those words are now buried in Kishi's poop. Sadly, Obito never meant what he said. He should've said girls you love instead of friends or something. Because if thats not what he meant then his logic is truly fucked.

Worst Fight of the Year
    Itachi vs Kabuto......most of the fight was spent on a long and unnecessary flashback with Kabuto, I really didn't want Kishi to turn Kabuto into THAT much of a sympathetic villain. Especially since the whole time the fight already ended because Itachi copied Kurama(the one from Yu Yu Hakusho, not the Kyuubi) and put his opponent into a never ending genjutsu, paralyzing him while the opponent hallucinates killing Itachi over and over again without him really dying. Yes I do consider that a ripoff, it wouldn't be the first time Kishi borrowed from Togashi, though this is one of the few times I truly consider it a ripoff. Both techniques were even used in a secret cave underground for pete's sake....plus I don't know, just wish Kishi would lose his hard-on for anything Uchiha.

Most Boring Moment of the Year
    There were a lot, but the worst again was definitely Chapter 599, Obito Uchiha.
    Last edited by exacta; January 01, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post

Well, amongst the revived Kage, only the Yondaime Kazekage appeared to know of Orochimaru, and since Orochimaru is the person that completed the technique, I believe Madara couldn't possibly know of it.
    But this all comes down to my assumption that Nidaime only came up with the idea for the jutsu, not invented it. I may also be wrong

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Well, amongst the revived Kage, only the Yondaime Kazekage appeared to know of Orochimaru, and since Orochimaru is the person that completed the technique, I believe Madara couldn't possibly know of it.
    But this all comes down to my assumption that Nidaime only came up with the idea for the jutsu, not invented it. I may also be wrong
    The previous Kage knew about the technique and spoke of as if Nidaime was the one controlling them, so Nidaime definitely used it in action. Orochimaru only used it at another level, who knows how. Maybe by using multiple Edos or controlling them better.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    The previous Kage knew about the technique and spoke of as if Nidaime was the one controlling them, so Nidaime definitely used it in action. Orochimaru only used it at another level, who knows how. Maybe by using multiple Edos or controlling them better.
    Oh, well then.
    Never mind. I will just steal your worst revelation for myself, as it was second worst in my list

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmh, I have generally a problem to pick just one event/moment, when there are so many options in every category. So I'll post everything what comes into my mind.

Character(s) of the Year:

There are Itachi, Kakashi, Gai and Oonoki for me.
    • Oonoki did quite well in the war in my opinion. Of course I didn't expect anyone being a match for Madara, but Oonoki did by far the best job as a Kage. Ee, Mei and Tsunade were disappointing, Gaara was okay.
    • While it's a mystery for me how Kakashi managed to pull all those Jutsus in the war, I have to accept what was shown in the manga. And Kakashi was really, really badass with Gai. Both of them showed that it's not necessary to destroy landscapes to be awesome or put up a great fight. They teamworked pretty well, Kakashi once more proved his cleverness and Gai was a beast.
    • Itachi... he was good? Awesome? Badass? Epic? No, for me he was just Itachi and that pretty much sums everthing up. Once more he did everything he could to help the world, once more in the shadows, once more the majority of the world not knowing about his actions. Like a real ninja.
    If I had to pick one, it would be obviously Itachi, since he is my favorite character... with Minato!
    (please don't ban me Uchiha_Blood I'm a good boy!)

Moment(s) of the Year:
    • Itachi finally being able to express his feelings to Sasuke. This was very touching. [Chapter 590]
    • "The village does have its dark side, and its inconsistencies. But I'm still the leaf's Itachi Uchiha."
      I like this quote so much, because it's a realistic view of the (ninja) world. It's not fair and it's not pure black or pure white. But you still have to choose a side/walk your path in this "grey area".[Chapter 581]
    • Itachi treating Kabuto like a pet. Seriously... don't go against Itachi... it's a dead end. [Chapter 586]
    • Shisui giving his eye to Itachi for the sake of Konohagakure. Another Uchiha, who can be called one of Konohas heros. On a side note -> It's funny that the two most powerful sources of the Uchiha Clan back then were against the coup d'état. [Chapter 590]
    • Kakashi using Kamui on himself for the first time. Improvements are always nice to see for me. [Chapter 608]
    • The 5 Kages being "not okay", lol. They deserved to be off-paneled. [Chapter 601]
    • Madara fodderizing Ee with an unnamed/simple MS Genjutsu. Please tell me more about Ee's immunity against Genjutsus. [Chapter 588]
    All of them were great, but the moment of the year for me was Fugaku's quote:

Fugaku: "Don't hesitate. It's the path you chose. Our pain will only last an instant, unlike yours..." [Chapter 590]
    Itachi sure had the most fucked up life in this manga or am I missing someone else?

Revelation of the Year:

This has to be a positive revelation I think? Since there is also a category for the worst revelation of the year.
    There was no good/positive revelation I can think of in 2012.

Fight of the Year:

I didn't like the fights of 2012 that much. But the best one was Naruto, Kakashi, Gai vs. Tobi. I'm saying Tobi, because I only liked the part between the arrival of Kakashi & Gai and Naruto breaking the mask of Tobi. Teamwork, tactics, analyses, kunais, nunchakus, shurikens, fan, space/time... what do you want more?

Funny Moment of the Year:

Pairing of the Year:

Madara x Hashirama's Cells!

Worst Character(s) of the Year:

There are a lot, but Dan, Kyuubi and Madara were the worst in 2012.
    • Dan was a whiner, had no faith and did shit against the ninja alliance with such an crazy ability. Kishi made him also faster than Minato, Bijuu-mode-Naruto and Ee together.
    • What I can say about Kyuubi? There he goes... the hate-filled-enormous-chakra-monster. Can't wait to see Naruto taking him for a walk like a dog after the war.
    • Madara is boring as hell, acts childish and is not unique... not one a bit. He is not special at all. I already saw everything he has shown so far. Not at that scale but still nothing new.
    But Madara takes this one. He is Uchiha Senju Madara after all.

Worst Moment(s) of the Year:

Oh my f* god... There are so many of them.
    • The death of named characters came way too late.
    • Madara releasing Edo-Tenseis summoning contract. Talk about asspull. I'm always asking myself why Tobirama invented the seals that destroys the purpose of the Jutsu? [Chapter 591]
    • I didn't like the fact that Itachi was forced to use Izanami against Kabuto. I wanted Itachi to outsmart Kabuto. But Kishi screwed up with this fight. It was bound to end that way. Too many limitations on both sides and Kishi gave Kabuto a counter to nearly every Uchiha Jutsu.
    • Obito being in the right place at the right time to find out about Naruto's birth. [Chapter 607]

Madara releasing Edo-Tenseis summoning contract wins this.

Worst Revelation(s) of the Year:
    • Everything regarding Madara, Nagato, Zetsu and Tobi=Obito. Black Zetsu was explained in one panel. Tobi=Obito=too many plotholes. Kishi trampled on Nagato's character once more and it seems that Madara is the most luckiest character in manga history.
    • That Orochimaru could be "revived" in such an easy way. What's more funny is that Sasuke used the reverse of a sealing Jutsu he actually never really saw.
    • Bijuus being misunderstood pokemons.
    • Juugo randomly punching a hole into a wall out of nowhere, which leads to a hidden room of Orochimaru, where Suigetsu surprisingly finds a super special scroll, which lets you gain control of the war. On top of that, they decided to give that scroll to the person who abandoned them.

The worst one was definitely everything regarding Madara & Obito.

Worst Fight of the Year:
    Most of the fights were bad, but looking back as an Itachi fan, I have to say that Itachi & Sasuke vs. Kabuto was very bad. Kabuto didn't want to kill Sasuke, the Uchiha brothers had to "capture" Kabuto alive, Itachi couldn't be killed, too much Susanoo, too many powers for Kabuto that counters the techniques of the brothers and so on. The set-up of the fight didn't allow that kind of a fight we wanted to see.

Most Boring Moment of the Year:

Nearly every panel with Madara.

I know... too much text and Madara bashing. I'm sorry.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by syx; January 01, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    • Dan was a whiner, had no faith and did shit against the ninja alliance with such an crazy ability. Kishi made him also faster than Minato, Bijuu-mode-Naruto and Ee together.
    Wow, in how many panels did Dan appear to get himself amongst the worst characters of the year

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be quick and then i post the rest, the doctor need to hook up my I V..

I like real madara appeared in the manga...
    I like kabuto...

I didn't like kabuto going out the way he did and may be losing power after oro took his chakra back...
    I didn't like madara always crying for hashirama...
    The worsted tobi being obito and especial 360° changed in his character...

I will post more later..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast