Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Will you still read Naruto in 2013?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah! I love this shit!

13 23.21%
  • Of course I will, I like this manga

13 23.21%
  • Sure, why not

7 12.50%
  • Meh, I don't have anything better to do on Wednesdays

3 5.36%
  • Its not like I have a choice, I started reading it it, like, 10 years ago

15 26.79%
  • Lol no, it sucks

3 5.36%
  • Why the hell would I? Every chapter is a pain

2 3.57%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

Worst Character of the Year

Obito

Worst Moment of the Year

Obito

Worst Revelation of the Year

Obito

Worst Fight of the Year

Everything where Obito is involved (Obito, not Tobi)

Most Boring Moment of the Year

It's not just one specific moment, where Obito is involved, it's always so god damn boring.

They say that Hitler's stupidity was his downfall, well, Obito is this manga's downfall.

Congratulations Obito. You really deserved all the worst awards possible. No contest!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

• Character of the Year: Hashirama
    • Moment of the Year: Madara appearing next to Tobi
    • Revelation of the Year: [b]Kyuubi and Naruto are buttbuddies now. This means more free powerups for Naruto without having to work for it, like usual when it comes to Kyuubi.
    • Fight of the Year: Can't decide. Uchiha vs. Kabuto was horrible, but I'd like to say Naruto and Bee vs. the jinchuuriki right up to when Yonbi ate him.
    • Funny Moment of the Year: Tobi's reason for becoming evil. Quite possibly one of the most idiotic reasons ever. Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, and Madara would have good reasons for becoming evil. Tobi does not. He's fucking been trained to kill emotions and be a ninja, but he goes evil just because of Rin's death? Dafuq?
    • Pairing of the Year: Naruto x Hinata
    • Worst Character of the Year: Tie between Naruto and Tobi
    • Worst Moment of the Year: Tobi's reason for being evil. At least Tobito could have been salvaged somehow. Or Naruto gettin free powerups from other bijuu. Or Naruto being all "neener neener I won't tell you the bijuu's name!" Or Kyuubi blowing Naruto out of nowhere.
    • Worst Revelation of the Year: Tobi's reason for bein evil.
    • Worst Fight of the Year: Naruto vs. Tobi and Madara, and quite possibly the Alliance as well.
    • Most Boring Moment of the Year: Tobi or Kabuto's flashback

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@M3J

Quote Quote:
    •Revelation of the Year: [b]Kyuubi and Naruto are buttbuddies now. This means more free powerups for Naruto without having to work for it, like usual when it comes to Kyuubi.
    So some 570 chapters are not enough for you? Naruto had to lose his parents and then EARN Kurama's trust over 10 years of manga... He he did not trained exacly for the powerup but its not like Sasuke did for a lot of it... He started screaming and Susano pops bigger and better... Let's be serious first chakra mode Naruto got he actualy had TO DEFEAT KURAMA then the second one was achived after some 570 chapters of earning its trust.

Quote Quote:
    •Funny Moment of the Year: Tobi's reason for becoming evil. Quite possibly one of the most idiotic reasons ever. Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, and Madara would have good reasons for becoming evil. Tobi does not. He's fucking been trained to kill emotions and be a ninja, but he goes evil just because of Rin's death? Dafuq?
    I don't get this to. You think losing the women you love is not enough to determine you to do anything to get it back (even in a new reality type of thing)? We have teens killing themselfs or going in a shootout or other crep in real life and even 1 of the most famous works of art "romeo and juliet"... Perhaps they where trained to not have feelins (i don't even remember where Konoha is showed to do that??!?!) but they are HUMAN still made clear after that fight with Zabuza all the way back in part 1.
    The reason is not stupid at all it makes perfect sense even in real life.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I don't get this to. You think losing the women you love is not enough to determine you to do anything to get it back (even in a new reality type of thing)? We have teens killing themselfs or going in a shootout or other crep in real life and even 1 of the most famous works of art "romeo and juliet"... Perhaps they where trained to not have feelins (i don't even remember where Konoha is showed to do that??!?!) but they are HUMAN still made clear after that fight with Zabuza all the way back in part 1.
    The reason is not stupid at all it makes perfect sense even in real life.
    Do you know the phrase "man up and move on"?
    Being friendzoned by that girl is an added plus; you never had any chances with her whatsoever.

Compared to everybody else, his reasons are pathetic. Even more pathetic than Madara's, who wanted the war to continue to justify taking Izuna's eyes. Madara's reason is fucked up, Obito's... It's pitiful.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    Do you know the phrase "man up and move on"?
    Being friendzoned by that girl is an added plus; you never had any chances with her whatsoever.

Compared to everybody else, his reasons are pathetic. Even more pathetic than Madara's, who wanted the war to continue to justify taking Izuna's eyes. Madara's reason is fucked up, Obito's... It's pitiful.
    His reasons are realistic. That is the point. The fact that one would find a man losing his head over a women as patetic is another thing but from a psychological view his actions are realistic. It was not an idiotic or whatever reason. I gave you Romeo and Juliet and how they killed themselfs over love. Obito losing hope and finding it again in a new reality where the one he loved can live again its more then accepteble as reason.
    Not only that Obito had Madara there to mind rape him as he was damn young. Even Naruto almost let lose Kurama if not for Minato and some other instances where he lost hope.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

His reasons are realistic. That is the point. The fact that one would find a man losing his head over a women as patetic is another thing but from a psychological view his actions are realistic. It was not an idiotic or whatever reason. I gave you Romeo and Juliet and how they killed themselfs over love. Obito losing hope and finding it again in a new reality where the one he loved can live again its more then accepteble as reason.
    Not only that Obito had Madara there to mind rape him as he was damn young. Even Naruto almost let lose Kurama if not for Minato and some other instances where he lost hope.
    He was his own man for what, 20 years? Either he really went nuts or he had it BAD for Rin.
    Same with Romeo and Juliet, teens killing themselves over love is damn pathetic, excuse me for being so callous about it.
    Now the only excuse Obito has is that Madara mind-raped him. Hell, I suspect that Madara had staged Rin's death so Obito with his teenager's maximalism and suggestibility would turn to him.

Do I have to spell it out to you? Pa-the-tic.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    He was his own man for what, 20 years? Either he really went nuts or he had it BAD for Rin.
    Same with Romeo and Juliet, teens killing themselves over love is damn pathetic, excuse me for being so callous about it.
    Now the only excuse Obito has is that Madara mind-raped him. Hell, I suspect that Madara had staged Rin's death so Obito with his teenager's maximalism and suggestibility would turn to him.

Do I have to spell it out to you? Pa-the-tic.
    Obito was not 20 when the rin thing happen. He was around 13 or so. He was little and was manipulated by Madara.
    You can't call people patetic that killed themself. You have NO idea what a true depresion is and how it can hit you. You speak out of ignorance (no offence).
    It can be so painfull (mentaly) that many can't take it and the pain is so great that DEATH is a blessing. Try to read some psychological books or whatever. Why do you think its such a big thing curently in the world?

You can spell it out but years and years with a incalculable amounth of study and papers of this from psychologists around the world would prove you wrong. They are sick people, its abot mental health here. Try to read more on this before judging people. The mind just brakes down.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

xXan, Obito is a ninja, aka a soldier. He was supposed to be prepared for this. At the very most, he should've limited his revenge on Kakashi since he was the one killing Rin. You don't do a 360 and wage war on the entire planet just because someone who, as someone put it bluntly, friendzoned Obito in the first place and then died. Other people he's trying to effectively destroy have done nothing to him to deserve it. If Obito is that desperate to see Rin again and doesn't want to live in this world, well he can then put himself into IT or just a Genjustsu and stay there for eternity. Heck, he can do it already, oldass Madara could.

You mentioned that the person above had "no idea what real depression is", well sir, neither do you. THIS is not real depression. I'd suggest you read history and different soldier/warrior memoirs. Maybe then you'll understand a bit more about it, and what it's like to be a soldier.

What Kishi has done, is not display "real depression", he has displayed real immature acts and conclusions that only a 13 year old (an idiot) could come up with. He's now much older than that, his brain should've evolved not otherwise, but he still clings to that childish reason and thinks he's right. At one stage he kisses Madara's butt, and then he rejects doing it. He has no idea what he's doing in reality. A diagnosis must be put here: Obito has the ancient sickness, it's called Idiocy.

God damn fan service, curse you. Curse Tobito revelation. Curse it!

500th post on this forum, im such a nerd
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; January 02, 2013 at 06:13 AM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Then you misunderstood him. Its not about revange. He does not whant reveange even on Kakasi. He belives (in his sick mind) that he is saving the world and his goal is to get Rin back and not to avenge her.

Thing is Obito was not a real souldier. Just look at his views and caracter. You can't put him on with soildiers. Perhaps he should have been but he was NOT. He could not take loss or detach himself from his friends. Kakashi WAS a soildier (back then, not so sure about now lol). Obito on the other hand... No. he was just some stupid kid that lied, QQ a lot and what not.

Of course Kishi displayed the actions of a 13 years old as that is what he was. What happened was depresion and hopelessness, pain for the one he loved. Then Madara as the good guy gave him the perfect solution and manipulated him when his mind was a wreck. He was completly vulnerable at that point.

Not to say i love his caracter, i hate it but it is what it is.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    500th post on this forum, im such a nerd
    How many of these are Obito bashing posts ?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Rofl yeah. But i don't think 90% of people here hate Obito and what he did to Tobi.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Far too few to make a difference in this world...I...I give up...I'm going to cast a genjutsu on this entire planet to finally accept the fact that Obito sucks!!

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Far too few to make a difference in this world...I...I give up...I'm going to cast a genjutsu on this entire planet to finally accept the fact that Obito sucks!!
    Like you need to cast a genjutsu on the planet to make people accest the fact that Obito sucks(even if some exceptions exist). He really killed Tobi for me as a caracter. He whent from badass to a kid with mental problems.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

On the thread

Character of the Year

Kinda difficult, I'm torn between Itachi ( the star of the first part of 2012 ) and Obito ( the star of the second part of 2012 ).
    I'm gonna go with Obito, mostly because Itachi, despite his giant achievement, still laid the ground for Edo Madara being his actual invincible self.
    Also Obito's revelation has way more weight, in the plot, than the end of Edo Tensei imo

Moment of the Year

Naruto and Kyuubi being partners.
    570+ chapters of the manga came together, and Naruto's destiny was fulfilled. I would've said Juubi revival though, but its still going

Revelation of the Year

Tobito, duh

Fight of the Year

Madara vs the 5 Kages.
    The only fight were the outcome wasn't certain, a fight without a ridicule pace or boring flashbacks, it was a moment for Madara, Oonoki and Tsunade to shine.
    The ending was even better imo, it showed how utterly powerless the Kages were when they fought Madara

Funny Moment of the Year

I'm gonna go with the Kiba crapping his pants as well.
    Even though Suigetsu acting like a little girl was funny as well

Pairing of the Year

Worst Character of the Year

If you asked me 10-5 chapter ago, I would've said Obito.
    Now I would say Killer Bee, not because he's bad or anything ( imo ), but because he was utterly useless:
    I mean you can't do a thing to a flame barrier except punching it? Really?
    Hello, Bijuudama! And he was useless as well against Obito, and was one-shotted by Madara.
    There were lots that did worse ( Sakura, anyone? ) but he is way too relevant up to this point. Gai and Kakashi did way better

Worst Moment of the Year

Uchiha bros' boar flashback.
    The only moment in that fight when I liked more Sasuke than Itachi, I mean really Itachi? Having a flashback of a boar when facing Kabuto?
    Even Sasuke couldn't take it

Worst Revelation of the Year

Tobito, duh

Worst Fight of the Year

Uchiha bros vs Kabuto.
    Not that it was all that bad, but the potential this fight had was wasted, incredibly so.
    And Izanami was just terrible imo

Most Boring Moment of the Year

First half of Kabuto's flashback, until Orochimaru came in the picture.
    I like Kabuto, but that was unbearable

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Like you need to cast a genjutsu on the planet to make people accest the fact that Obito sucks(even if some exceptions exist). He really killed Tobi for me as a caracter. He whent from badass to a kid with mental problems.
    Its the same thing that happened with Pein:
    Deva Realm ( and the Six Paths by proxy )was boss, imo the best villain this manga had, ruthless, godly, arrogant but not as much as to impair his fighting abilities, and incredibly powerful.
    Then Nagato happened, and the destruction of his character.

Obito is the same, Tobi was a boss, Obito is a crybaby

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Well for Nagato at least i did not ended up hating his caracter. Many did but not me. I just love the Pein speach about chain of hate and later Nagato's last speach before ending up dead.

Obito? Bleahhhhh.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast