Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Will you still read Naruto in 2013?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah! I love this shit!

    13 23.21%
  • Of course I will, I like this manga

    13 23.21%
  • Sure, why not

    7 12.50%
  • Meh, I don't have anything better to do on Wednesdays

    3 5.36%
  • Its not like I have a choice, I started reading it it, like, 10 years ago

    15 26.79%
  • Lol no, it sucks

    3 5.36%
  • Why the hell would I? Every chapter is a pain

    2 3.57%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

  1. #46
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Character of the Year - Naruto. What else should it be? Can't wait his evolution into SSJ4

    Moment of the Year - Kyuubi became BFF with Naruto.

    Revelation of the Year - Madara & Tobi were different person. Not until....

    Fight of the Year - Madara vs 5 Kages.

    Funny Moment of the Year - When Madara wanted Obito to take care of his "lower half" F*uck you Obito!!

    Pairing of the Year - Orochimaru & Sasuke....err it's Naruto & Hinata.

    Worst Character of the Year - The Daimyos. WTF they were totally useless..

    Worst Moment of the Year - The 5 Kages still not kickin the bucket.

    Worst Revelation of the Year - Tobi = Obito. Seriously Kishi??

    Worst Fight of the Year - Kakashi and co. vs 7 Swordsman of the Mist. Dafuq off panel defeat, hope Kishi will cover that..

    Most Boring Moment of the Year - Oro still alive, and suddenly he became that typical random old fart and gangbang with Sasuke.

  2. #47
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    @M3J

    Kurama joining Naruto did not happen in 1 chapter. It happened from the start of this manga to that point. You can count the chapters. That is why all the flashbacks where showed. To show us how Kurama slowly turned around.

    I see no problem for Kurama to trust Naruto after he got to see Naruto from first chapter to now and how in those chapters he earned the trust of several other bijus. It was done perfecly.

    Quote Quote:
    Sasuke trained for most of his powerups. You still saw him training to master chidori and Sharingan (I think?), and he couldn't train his MS in normal fashion since it did speed up the sealing of eyes. Naruto could in a way afford to train with just Kyuubi's chakra since there was no danger, other than it running out.
    Naruto DID train. Did you forget the Bee event? They trained togeder for some time in that cave in controling that chakra. The first time he used shunshin he ended up in a wall.

    Sasuke got the hawk out of his but, got a ton of power from Oro by just getting chomped on the neck, got regen and other stuff from eating Oro. Sharingan upgrade was dome in combat from tomoe to tomoe and then MS jutsus again in combat. How about his MS weapons? He just poped some Amaterasu spear and trowing Amaterasu darts out of his arse after getting EMS.

    Naruto did not train for full Kurama mode but i don't see why that was needed. If he can control in chakra mode he should do so in full mode to. He even trained for Bijudama.

    Naruto als trained for Rasengan, FRS. SM (even improving SM). For SC, for summoning and a lot other crep.

    Now don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with Sasuke getting "free" powerups like this but its not fair to single out Naruto.

    Quote Quote:
    And no, Naruto had Kushina and Bee's help in defeating Kyuubi. Like how Sasuke had Taka, Tobi, and Zetsu's help in not being killed at the Summit, before you start pointing out Sasuke having help too.
    He did had some help. Kushina was more like a morale boost then anything. Bee stoped 1 bijudama... Thing is Naruto had way less help then Sasuke had. Naruto owned Kurama in direct fight. Sasuke got blasted and "killed" over and over.

    That was close to a fair win. Naruto (aside for the morale boost...) did 96%+ of the fight and won it compared to Sasuke who lost(Bee got away so he failed his mission).
    It was enough for Kurama to go Oo WHAT IS THIS POWER. Enough for Kurama to see RS himself in Naruto.

    Quote Quote:
    Once again, stupid reason. Teenagers killing themselves for love is stupid. Romeo and Juliet were stupid. Tobi's reason for going evil was stupid.
    No, its not stupidity. Its not stupid to be sick. Depresion for one can apear in the most inteligent of people. You can have a guy with the iq of 200 but with a soft hearth that after losing his loved ones and ending up alone in the world is ready to blow his brains out. Heh even a kid, or his wife, his love or whatever else. You have no idea how hard this thngs can hit you. IQ levels have nothing to do with how strong you are emotionally. You can be a moron and not give a damn people are ending up dead around you.

    You should seriously read more psyhology before calling peopel that had a breakdown in life stupid.

    Quote Quote:
    And Sakura told the bridge builder after Sasuke's "death" that they were taught not to show or feel emotion when she was crying over Sasuke's body. Tobi has no excuse at all, especially when Naruto lost Jiraiya, Kakashi lost Minato, his dad, and had to kill Rin, and Sasuke saw his entire clan murdered by Itachi.
    Let's be realistic. Whatever they where "taught" was USELESS AS HELL. It was made clear that even ZABUZA the demon of the mist (or whatever it was) has FEELINGS and started QQ and going into 1 last rampage after that guy insulted his dead friend.

    Look at Naruto at his first fight, he was ready to run and almost did.

    Quote Quote:
    Regardless of what, Tobi's reason as far as we know is horribly stupid. He's acting like an idiotic child, going on a tantrum just because he lost something he liked. It's like Sasuke wanting to kill the entire Konoha just because of the elders.
    Its stupid for you as you are not in that situation. You do not have his feelings. You did not have a moment of weakness when you lost that wich you loved the most and then some bastard like Madara coming in and taking advantage of it manipulated you into it.

    There is a diference from a stupid reason to a right reason. For Sasuke is not a wrong reason or a incorect one. For US it is. For him is JUSTICE and rightfull vengeance.
    People view what is right and wrong or stupid based on there own perception of life.

    Also for Tobi is not like he wants to end the world. In his mind he is SAVING IT. In essence creating paradise.

    If you have some nut that likes banging 2 glasses togeder and he states that he is doing it because of the sound then that is not a stupid reason. Its stupid for a normal man to do so or for you but for him is a great reason. You can't call him stupid, he is SICK. Of course Obito was not a retard but still. What Obito had was a type of emotional impairment, its a psychological disorder, its just that he had it bad and then Madara manipulated him. Considering how he acted when Rin died i think at least for the short therm he whent logo in the head.
    Last edited by xXan; January 03, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

  3. #48
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Ahh, I just voted for the anime awards.
    You know, the one you can access in my signature. It has a lot of pretty interesting threads for you to vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Funny Moment: With such a rich harvest before me, I can't be expected to pick just one.
    Spoiler show
    Damn, how could I forget the "taking care of your lower parts"... part, or the Dr Snakes, or the sexy Hachibi grabbing, or stalker Kakashi

    ---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'd say no to Itachi just because of the fight and Izanami. too much wasted potential there.
    I'm looking at it objectively ( as in, who did the most ), if I were to base it on preference I would put "Lord Madara" in every category

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #49
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @M3J

    Kurama joining Naruto did not happen in 1 chapter. It happened from the start of this manga to that point. You can count the chapters. That is why all the flashbacks where showed. To show us how Kurama slowly turned around.

    I see no problem for Kurama to trust Naruto after he got to see Naruto from first chapter to now and how in those chapters he earned the trust of several other bijus. It was done perfecly.
    No, it happened in one or two chapters. The respect, I agree it happened from the start of the series, if not before, but being Naruto's butt buddy was too immediate. Kyuubi went from an angry fox with hatred to a fluffy bunny who changed his mindset in a complete 180 way. Even Sasuke didn't change into more of a caring person overnight with Naruto, it took few months. Kyuubi didn't slowly turn around, it quickly turned around. It went from trying to kill Naruto about fifty or so chapters ago to licking his hand and sitting when Naruto wants it to. If it was slowly turning around, it wouldn't have attempted to break out of or kill Naruto.

    Neither do I, nor do I see Kyuubi helping Naruto like he did when Jiraiya pushed Naruto off the cliff. I do mind, however, seeing Kyuubi's personality change 180, especially when chapters ago he was willing to kill Naruto.



    Quote Quote:
    Naruto DID train. Did you forget the Bee event? They trained togeder for some time in that cave in controling that chakra. The first time he used shunshin he ended up in a wall.
    I've said this plenty of times. I know he trained with Kyuubi's chakra that he stole.

    Quote Quote:
    Sasuke got the hawk out of his but, got a ton of power from Oro by just getting chomped on the neck, got regen and other stuff from eating Oro. Sharingan upgrade was dome in combat from tomoe to tomoe and then MS jutsus again in combat. How about his MS weapons? He just poped some Amaterasu spear and trowing Amaterasu darts out of his arse after getting EMS.
    Naruto got Uzumaki Naruto barrage and big Sage Mode rasengan out of his ass as well. Same with FRS. Naruto also got a lot more power from Kyuubi than Sasuke ever did from Orochimaru. Orochimaru nor his seal could give Sasuke more chakra or strength like the Kyuubi does. Kyuubi chakra was done when Naruto was in huge trouble and would have lost otherwise, like against Haku, Neji, Pain, etc. What about his rasengan variations or jutsu like mini FRS, when Naruto said he needed an extra clone because it was hard to concentrate? That was Naruto using his own ability, Kyuubi didn't help him like it did in Part I against Sasuke.

    Or, what about detecting emotions? That's not an asspull either? Put Naruto against Sasuke, and Naruto will win regardless of Sasuke's powerups, because Kyuubi is the most haxxed powerup ever. Since it helps Naruto out like best friends, Naruto won't have to worry about any price to pay. THe Kyuubi will break Naruto out of genjutsu, supply him with chakra, and even help Naruto plan how to beat Sasuke. This is in addition to being able to detect Sasuke, move fast, have great defense, and have greater reach because of chakra that's not Naruto's.

    Quote Quote:
    Naruto did not train for full Kurama mode but i don't see why that was needed. If he can control in chakra mode he should do so in full mode to. He even trained for Bijudama.

    Naruto als trained for Rasengan, FRS. SM (even improving SM). For SC, for summoning and a lot other crep.

    Now don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with Sasuke getting "free" powerups like this but its not fair to single out Naruto.
    I don't see why Sasuke needed to train for EMS jutsu when he already knew MS jutsu and could combine it together. Sasuke also traine dfor his MS, chidori, taijutsu, sword skills, chidori variants, and so much more. The whole free powerup thing is just a pathetic excuse to hate him, just like how Naruto being dumb is a horrible excuse to hate him.

    The only free powerups you can claim are Itachi's eyes and the hawk. The rest weren't easy for Sasuke. And I'm talking about Naruto and the Kyuubi, not his powerups.



    Quote Quote:
    He did had some help. Kushina was more like a morale boost then anything. Bee stoped 1 bijudama... Thing is Naruto had way less help then Sasuke had. Naruto owned Kurama in direct fight. Sasuke got blasted and "killed" over and over.

    That was close to a fair win. Naruto (aside for the morale boost...) did 96%+ of the fight and won it compared to Sasuke who lost(Bee got away so he failed his mission).
    It was enough for Kurama to go Oo WHAT IS THIS POWER. Enough for Kurama to see RS himself in Naruto.
    No, both had just as much help. If it weren't for Bee, Naruto could have been killed by the bijuu dama. And let's not forget how Kushina stopped the Kyuubi's will from taking over, or how she held it down, or how she made it trip with her chain. The only difference is that Naruto would have likely lost while Sasuke would have lost - and by lost, I mean died or similar.

    He never saw RS in Naruto from that fight. Kyuubi may have gone "ZOMG THIS POWER" but we saw it was Kushina and Bee who helped Naruto a lot. Morale boost or not, Kushina still helped Naruto somehow.



    Quote Quote:
    No, its not stupidity. Its not stupid to be sick. Depresion for one can apear in the most inteligent of people. You can have a guy with the iq of 200 but with a soft hearth that after losing his loved ones and ending up alone in the world is ready to blow his brains out. Heh even a kid, or his wife, his love or whatever else. You have no idea how hard this thngs can hit you. IQ levels have nothing to do with how strong you are emotionally. You can be a moron and not give a damn people are ending up dead around you.

    You should seriously read more psyhology before calling peopel that had a breakdown in life stupid.
    I know plenty of psychology, which doesn't necessarily apply in this manga BECAUSE SHINOBI ARE TRAINED TO KILL AND BE EMOTIONLESS. You have kids who are taught the art of killing and infiltrating.

    Rin wasn't even Obito's wife or girlfriend, nor was she interested in him the way she was in Kakashi or Obito was in Rin. Did Naruto go evil when he thought Sasuke was dead? When Jiraiya and Kakashi died? When Hiruzen died? Did Sasuke go evil when Itachi killed his clan? Tsunade didn't become an evil person despite her younger brother and lover dying, the latter right before her eyes no matter what she did to save him. It took Nagato three deaths of the people he loved to become "evil," Gaara being targeted for murder and thinking that no one loved him to become evil, and Neji thinking his father was forced to sacrifice himself to be "evil." Obito having a breakdown over a crush's death when he was taught to be emotionless is pretty stupid, especially when he did the same to Minato, his own sensei.

    I mean, the closest thing to that stupidity is Sasuke deciding to go after the entire Konoha to avenge his brother's and clan's death. Both he and Tobi target innocent people for their own bad reasons.



    Quote Quote:
    Let's be realistic. Whatever they where "taught" was USELESS AS HELL. It was made clear that even ZABUZA the demon of the mist (or whatever it was) has FEELINGS and started QQ and going into 1 last rampage after that guy insulted his dead friend.

    Look at Naruto at his first fight, he was ready to run and almost did.
    He started QQ after Naruto went on a tirade. Otherwise up until now, Zabuza showed no feelings for Haku and even talked about him like he was a tool.

    Yeah, so? He still manned up and became epic. Look at what emotion could have done when Sasuke sacrificed himself - it could have freed hte Kyuubi and hurt Kakashi and Sakura. Emotionless is what Kakashi and Minato were, or at least Minato. He killed enemies without hesitation and didn't stay hung up on the past. Kakashi and he moved on after Obito's "death." They didn't cry or become evil.



    Quote Quote:
    Its stupid for you as you are not in that situation. You do not have his feelings. You did not have a moment of weakness when you lost that wich you loved the most and then some bastard like Madara coming in and taking advantage of it manipulated you into it.

    There is a diference from a stupid reason to a right reason. For Sasuke is not a wrong reason or a incorect one. For US it is. For him is JUSTICE and rightfull vengeance.
    People view what is right and wrong or stupid based on there own perception of life.

    Also for Tobi is not like he wants to end the world. In his mind he is SAVING IT. In essence creating paradise.
    Many were in the same situation Tobi was in, but they didn't become evil. Some or most of them even had it worse than Tobi. It'll still forever be stupid to me because Tobi's doing what he is for a crush. Excuse it however you like, but it'll still be one of the most stupid things ever.

    How is killing entire Konoha, who had nothing to do with the massacre and always praised the Uchiha, rightful vengeance? Against the elders, it is, but the citizens are innocent.

    So basically, he's gonna kill good people just to save the world? He was willing to kill Kushina and Minato just to get what he wanted. If he wanted peace, why would he try to kill Minato, a good guy who kills when he has to? His own sensei who treats everyone with respect? Why not go after the person who killed his crush? Why put a baby in danger, especially when it did nothing wrong? Why try to destroy Konoha when it had no part in Rin's death?


    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post

    I'm looking at it objectively ( as in, who did the most ), if I were to base it on preference I would put "Lord Madara" in every category
    Oh. Then Itachi would belong on that list since he did end Edo Tensei and probably helped save the Alliance in a way.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @M3J

    I don't get this to. You think losing the women you love is not enough to determine you to do anything to get it back (even in a new reality type of thing)? We have teens killing themselfs or going in a shootout or other crep in real life and even 1 of the most famous works of art "romeo and juliet"... Perhaps they where trained to not have feelins (i don't even remember where Konoha is showed to do that??!?!) but they are HUMAN still made clear after that fight with Zabuza all the way back in part 1.
    The reason is not stupid at all it makes perfect sense even in real life.
    Hell. To. The. No. First of all, he was what, 13, 14 years old? That's not "love", no 14 year old understands what love is. Also, Rin never "loved" him back, it was obvious she liked Kakashi. Also, all of those examples, those people killed THEMSELVES. They directed THEIR emotions at THEMSELVES, not the rest of the whole freaking world. Kakashi let's one girl die, and suddenly the whole world need's to be put under an illusion? Romeo and Juliet is fiction, not real life, and all those teens were likely not in a stable mind state. Same goes for anyone following the Romeo/Juliet mindset. But even then, that is galaxies apart from the stupidity, absurdity, and complete overreaction that is Obito's motivation for working with Madara. They are not to be compared, because they are two completely different reactions, nevermind how absurd Obito's reaction was.

    There is no motivation that is sympathetic when it leads you to kill 100s, 1000s, or millions. When someone kills themselves, I feel bad. When someone takes out their personal issues on the rest of the world, fuck that guy. He should be tarred and quartered. If you found out that a terrorist blew up a building and killed 1000 because his crush died, would you suddenly feel bad for him? There are far too many people in Naruto with pasts that make Obito's pain incomparable, who didn't resolve to do something so completely over the top for Obito to have a good reason. If everyone else can live with it, then Obito is a true lunatic, plain and simple. He wasn't manipulated by Madara, he's using Madara's plans for his own needs. Obito said it himself, he never considered Madara his comrade. Until he saw Rin die, he thought Madara's plan was stupid. It's all on Obito, he's borrowing Madara's plan. Madara didn't manipulate shit.

    Since when was Madara a good manipulator? Never. People forget that Tobi/Obito used to call himself Madara, he's the real manipulator, you're all confusing the fake with the real. How can anyone say Madara is a master manipulator when his own clan saw through him and turned their backs on him? He was charismatic because of his strength and skill, but he couldn't deceive anyone, they all sided with Hashirama in the end. If it turns out Madara somehow was responsible for Rin's death, then I'll give him props, but I doubt that will happen. Madara even expressed surprise Obito changed his mind so quickly. It's all on Obito, he wasn't manipulated by anyone, he made his own decision.
    Last edited by exacta; January 03, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

  8. #51
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Character of the Year Itachi Uchiha

    He was one of two Edos that broke free from Kabuto's control. He defeated two out of four of the most powerful shinobi on the battlefield. Then gave Naruto some of the best intel/advise for a shinobi in his entire life. Itachi is and will always be one of the best!

    Moment of the Year When Tobi gain the Rinnengan and threatin Kabuto after knowing Madara was his trump card. That's why Tobi is a beast!

    Revelation of the Year Tobi being Obito.... no needs to say more.

    Fight of the Year Madara vs Kages I wasn't impressed with any fights,but i go that one but i feel Madara toyed with the Kages to much.

    Funny Moment of the Year Suigestu being scared shitless of Orochimaru

    Pairing of the Year Dan and Tsunade...

    Worst Character of the Year Zestu.... They are Pathetic.

    Worst Moment of the Year The entire war. IT SUCKS!

    Worst Revelation of the Year

    Worst Fight of the Year Kakashi vs & swordsmen..... it wasn't shown.

    Most Boring Moment of the Year The war. IT SUCKS!

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Funny Moment of the Year
    Kishi's whole chapter where he reveals Tobi is Obito. I mean the chapter before, we're left off with Naruto breaking Tobi's mask, and Kishi in the following chapter cuts straight to an entire flashback dedicated to showing panels of Obito when he was a chuunin, without even having any dialogue. He even named the chapter Obito Uchiha. Come on Kishi, you don't even need to read the next chapter to figure out the identity, just the title. Straight up stalling and trolling.
    Still, I can imagine a better troll: The chapter is named Uchiha Obito, Obito's flashback takes all but the last page of the chapter, and then we find out that Tobi isn't Obito!
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  11. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post

    Worst Character: Naruto. Is there a gas leak in his apartment? Or is he eating lead paint chips? What is wrong with him??
    I thought he was brought up on BS milk and low-grade cattle fodder? Perhaps the latest over-load of gas snorting killed his last resisting brain-cell entirely.

    ---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

    I believe Rin's death was simply a sort of motivator. The thing is; I find this whole 'we are fighting as one nation' logic utter BS. It's hilarious. They are only united because all of them are threatened. Had it been one nation, the other would have only exploited the situation. Obito doesn't need to use Rin's excuse any more. He waged a war, and wars end up in a lot of human causalities. The fact is, Rin's death made him realize that true peace is only an illusion. Hence his reason to go along with infinite illusion to take back that lost peace.

    That's how I take it.

  12. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Still, I can imagine a better troll: The chapter is named Uchiha Obito, Obito's flashback takes all but the last page of the chapter, and then we find out that Tobi isn't Obito!
    That would be hilarious. Too bad the jokes on everyone who doesn't like Tobi=Obito.

    ---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

    On another note I've learned something from this discussion. There are three things in life you must never talk about. Religion, politics, and Obito.

  13. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Character of the Year: Hashirama. why? because without even appearing once he proved himself to be god.

    anyway, i think Kakashi and Naruto fits in this category for me as well. Kakshi because of obvious reasons; Naruto because of his appearance and deeds throughout the year.


    Moment of the Year: Naruto getting Biju Mode
    Spoiler show



    Revelation of the Year: and Worst Revelation of the Year: Obito Uchiha. it was the biggest revelation of the year, but the worst one as well.
    Spoiler show


    Fight of the Year: even though the year is full of fighting; none of them was notable enough for me.

    Funny Moment of the Year: and Worst Moment of the Year: Obito's reason to create a dream world.
    Spoiler show


    Pairing of the Year: Two. Naruto X Hinata
    Spoiler show


    and this too:

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Pairing of the Year:

    Madara x Hashirama's Cells!
    Worst Character of the Year: Sakura. because she was very unnoticable throughout the year.

    and Kyuubi. his attitude took a complete turnaround. I would have liked him to keep his personality and still cooperative only with Naruto.

    Worst Fight of the Year: most of the fights.

    Most Boring Moment of the Year: can tell one apart from many others.
    Naruto Forever


  14. #56
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    @M3J

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by xXan; January 04, 2013 at 03:09 AM.

  15. #57
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @M3J
    Spoiler show

    It's still a complete 180 turn that makes no sense in a chapter or two. Kyuubi went from wanting to kill Naruto to be free to being his buttbuddy in like, a day. Once again, it went from big mass of hatred and anger to a fluffy bunny. If that doesn't indicate anything wrong, then whatever.

    Quote Quote:
    Then what is the problem? When he got Kurama its just that he fot more chakra to control but the basics are the same.
    Not really, Kyuubi can control teh chakra for him now.



    Quote Quote:
    The Barrage was after noticing Sasuke. He copy pasted it and changed it a bit to be used with clones. Its not out of his ass.
    Big SM rasengan is just normal Rasengan used with senjutsu chakra (with lots of it). Its like Kabuto's snakes growing when he used SM. Its what senjutsu chakra does.
    There was no training whatsoever. Naruto doesn't have Sharingan, yet he was able to copy Sasuke's moves somewhat. It's still out of his ass. Same with Jiraiya being able to summon frogs too, if you wanna go that route. You can't accuse Sasuke of pulling hawks out of his ass when we don't know everything about him. Otherwise you should accuse Naruto, Jiraiya, and etc of same.



    Quote Quote:
    FRS had a LONG training periode. Don't you remember him training for it? He did that. He trained with Yamato/Kakashi then after getting SM he trained and was blasting stuff in his off time (when not with the elder frog.
    He trained for fuuton: rasengan, not FRS. FRS is a step further, and it's still pulled out of his ass when fuuton: rasengan would have done the job, even though it's not as powerful. Why would Naruto master FRS to bring Sasuke back when the goddamn jutsu would kill Sasuke?
    Him training for FRS doesn't make it any less of an asspull. Same with the whole clones passing on experience.

    Besides which, I did say he trained for FRS. I'm still saying it's an asspull though.



    Quote Quote:
    From the looks of things he has greater control of his chakra in that mode and he is still using extra hands to do them. Remembe mini FRS had 2 chakra hands + his finger to create. That is how kishi explained it. How much sense it makes its irrelevant really.

    Also you don't know if he was helped by Kurama in part 1. Kurama never helped Naruto do any jutsus, Kurama just makes him go GRRR and blast crep. Kurama never helped Naruto focus on stuff.
    Doesn't look like he does. Naruto himself stated that he had difficulty concentrating, so using chakra mode shouldn't make help him at all since he also has to concentrate on using the chakra arms as well. I'm not hundred percent sure though, but I remember Naruto stating he had trouble focusing/concentrating to control his chakra.

    Then explain how in Kyuubi Mode, Naruto was able to make rasengan with one hand against Sasuke when every time before then, he needed TWO hands. Kyuubi also helped and continues to help Naruto do some jutsu like FRS and summoning. We have never seen Naruto summon successfully in base mode, and when he used FRS against Kakuzu he had kyuubi's eyes.



    Quote Quote:
    No. Even Hashirama's wife had that ability. Its the power granted by controling Kurama. Its not diferent then MS granting the ability to control Kurama. Its a PASIVE ability. No training needed, just go chakra mode and you have it.
    So? Still an asspull. It could have been limited to just Mito or have been part of HER power instead of Kyuubi jinchuuriki's. MS doesn't ensure permanent control of Kyuubi. Minato commented on how Madara was unable to control the Kyuubi for a long period of time. The emotion sensing can be used whenever.

    And, Sasuke said that MS came at a price for controlling Kyuubi.



    Quote Quote:
    So Naruto is more powerfull then Sasuke? Where is the problem here? Well at least for now. Madara has no Kurama but he would ANIHILATED Naruto even if he was not ET monster. Just EMS + Rinnegan and wood element would be enough. Hell Madara with rinnegan and EMS is enough. I am just about sure Sasuke is getting rinnegan.
    People complaining about Sasuke being overpowered or haxxed are the problem when he really isn't, compared to Naruto anyway.

    Debatable as Madara doesn't need to worry about injury or chakra. Even against Oonoki, Gaara, and Naruto Madara would have been in trouble without his Rinnegan.



    Quote Quote:
    And because Sasuke has EMS now he is not going to have to worry about any price to pay.

    Seriously who cares about this?
    Yes he does. EMS still uses chakra. nothing in Kyuubi Mode uses up Naruto's chakra, he can even use tons of jutsu without even wasting his chakra.



    Quote Quote:
    Thing is i am not hating on him for getting those powers OR stating he did not deserve them OR that i find a problem with them. I was just comparing to what you where stating and how YOU had a problem with Naruto getting powers like that.
    I'm saying I have a problem with how Kyuubi turned 180 in a day or so. It's expected for Naruto to get powerups and free powerups, especially thanks to the Kyuubi. My main issue is that despite all that, he didn't do anything new - it's still rasengan but with variants of it.



    Quote Quote:
    Amaterasu pulled as a "emotional one". He did not trained it. Susano? He did not train it. MS? he did not train it. ITACHI DIED FOR HIM so he get's a free powerup man.
    Orochimaru's powers (after eating his body) are again free powerups (he lost later but they where there). CS was later lost but it was there just as well.
    He actually did, since training for MS jutsu out of battle would be stupid since it'd speed up the sealing of eyes. MS isn't a free powerup, Sasuke still had to fight Itachi to the point of running out of chakra. Can you even say that Sasuke would have gotten Mangekyo if it weren't for Tobi? From the looks of it, Sasuke only got MS after being mindfucked and told that ITachi was good all along. Orochimaru's powers aren't really free powerups either as Sasuke still had to beat Orochimaru, and Orochimaru could have come back any time like he did when Sasuke fought Itachi. CS wasn't a free powerup as we saw that it corroded the body and suppressed chakra, all that after risking a high chance of death.

    Quote Quote:
    Perhaps they even trained for them but we just don't know when they did it.
    Which is my point with Sasuke's summons. You can apply this argument to Naruto, Sasuke, and nearly everyone else, yet Sasuke's the only one accused of asspulls.



    Quote Quote:
    They did help him, i did not claim they did not. Thing is Naruto did the real work. He was able to overpower Kurama with his own jutsus. He did 96% of that fight. Sasuke did just about nothing to Bee. Same for Raikage, the only damage did to Raikage was because that guy lost it (beliving Bee was dead). Also Kurama did not exacly stop Kurama from taking over, he gave him a morale boost and THAT stoped it. She filled his body with love as it was. Also yes the chains obviously helped.
    Naruto would have likely lost if it weren't for Bee and Kushina. Naruto may have done most of the work, but that's because he got saved at least once. Despite Sasuke not doing anything to BEe, Bee still praised Sasuke, just as Kyuubi admitted Naruto's power.

    She did stop Kyuubi from taking over as without that morale boost, Kyuubi would have likely succeeded.




    Quote Quote:
    And did i claim she did not help? I said that Naruto did most of the work. Kurama not only whent OMG what power but also when hot sealed he said something about RS power.
    Look here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/14

    This is what i am stating. Then here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/572/7
    Then here:
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/572/11
    He stated that the seal was a lot like RS's. And that Naruto's idealism and personality was a lot like RS's. He never once mentioned Naruto's power being a lot like RS's. Naruto stood for what RS believed in - peace and equality, especially with how he treated the bijuu with respect.


    Quote Quote:
    Its irrelevant what they where trained to do when it does not work for shit. Shinobi even the most cold where showed to have feelings man. Again irrelevant the training if it does not WORK.
    Doesn't make Tobi any less stupid as he's probably the only one who went evil after a death of a crush. Naruto's said to be dumber than him, but Naruto didn't evil - he just sulked and then became a badass against Pain.



    Quote Quote:
    The one you love has no need to be your wife or gf. Losing that is just as hard. Obito always belived they can be togeder.
    Even though he knew she liked Kakashi?



    Quote Quote:
    Sasuke was not really confirmed as dead before him.
    He was, considering Haku never said he spared Sasuke, and Sasuke was unconscious.



    Quote Quote:
    Really? He was forgeting what JMan was teaching him and ready to enforce the chain of hate. Only Deva's speek stopped him... Then after he whent full tails he was ready to release Kurama and destroy everything... Minato stoped him. Saved him.
    Not really, as he never attempted to kill NAGATO, he only took out the bodies. Dunno how this is chain of hate when Naruto knew he was fighting puppets.

    He was influenced by Kyuubi, as seen how he mindlessly walked towards the gate and attempted to rip teh seal off.

    Quote Quote:
    If not for his friends Naruto would be in a COMPLETLY diferent possition right now. Even the last rasengan with Sasuke was showed HOW EASY they could be in each other place. Remember that event?
    Then add to this that he did not have Madara to manipulate him, no Naruto had friends who loved him.
    Naruto would have been in Gaara's place, not Sasuke's. He had no reason to seek revenge for the death of his loss ones, but he did have reason to go insane from loneliness and anger. Tobi still had friends in Konoha, and he could have attempted to talk to Kakashi. Naruto talked to Nagato. Tobi could have talked to Kakashi, not go evil and try to kill people, especially an innocent baby. He was selfish, immature, and stupid. He claimed to have loved Rin, but Rin wouldn't have allowed him to do this. like how Itachi wouldn't have allowed Sasuke to be a vengeance seeking idiot.

    Naruto did have Mizuki to manipulate him, as well as people that stared at him with hate. Naruto was alone, or more alone than Tobi.


    Quote Quote:
    No as he needed the extra manipulation Obito got from Madara. Sasuke himself got it from Obito later and when evil (like curently FFS). So your argument really fails here.
    Not really, as Sasuke still asked Danzou if the story was true, and was still using Tobi (according to him anyway). Sasuke isn't evil since he's actually questioning his path. So Tobi manipulation failed.



    Quote Quote:
    Completly wrong. The feeling where there AT ALL TIMES. Naruto did not put those feelng there, he just showed them to Zabuza. Zabuza LOVED Haku...
    No, Naruto made Zabuza express his feelings and actually do something about it.



    Considering that Tobi was manipulated so easily, he's an idiot.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #58
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tragerstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    i will pay cash money to learn STFU no jutsu.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    Eh, what a year. It pretty much boils down to me not liking Tobito, and Madara being "alive" for way too long. Soooooooooo, here we go.

    Character of the Year: Uchiha Itachi. Why?
    This page: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c578/16.html
    And everything after it. Dude's a BOSS, and what's more.....probably actually a good person.

    Moment of the Year: It's hard for me to think of specific moments at this point. All I can think of is the ridiculously long battle between Tobito/Madara and everyone else. Sigh. I guess Itachi professing his eternal love for Sasuke was pretty sweet.

    Revelation of the Year: I suppose how Kamui actually works. I don't count Obito's unmasking as a revelation, because, in hindsight, we all pretty much already knew it was Obito.

    Fight of the year: ANY FIGHT NOT INVOLVING TOBITO. I was ok with Madara until he joined Tobito on the battlefield. Perhaps the Uchiha brothers fight was my favorite. After that, the Kage fight.

    Funny Moment of the Year: I'll have to come back to that.

    Pairing of the Year: Naruto and Kurama. Personally, I like Kurama's change of heart, and I don't think it's sudden or misplaced at all, since he has been with Naruto his whole life. I think Kurama always wanted to be the way he is now.

    Worst Character of the Year: Obito. Maybe Kishimoto purposefully wrote the story so that we wouldn't feel sympathy for him no matter what his issue was.

    Worst moment of the year: I found Kabuto's backstory to be incredibly boring. With Obito, I at least learned stuff I wanted to know (like how Rin died or how Obito was able to fight Minato). Also, when Madara miraculously was able to undo Edo Tensei on himself. JUST DIE [again] ALREADY.

    Worst revelation of the year: Back to my earlier point about Obito's unmasking. I know that I myself didn't actually believe it was Obito until the chapter came out, but pretty soon after that the hooplah died out and I found myself not really caring. Probably because the revelation came in the midst of a YEAR LONG BATTLE. Also, "because you let Rin die"? After Pain, you're going to need a much better reason for wanting to pretty much mindfuck the whole world.

    Worst fight of the Year: At first, I liked Naruto's fight against Tobi because it was on such a huge scale. Bijuu against bijuu....WHOA! We got to see the jinchuuriki and their jutsu; it was great. This really should be the best and worst fight of the year.

    Most boring moment of the year: Again, Kabuto's backstory. Yawn.
    Last edited by Exodi; January 04, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

  20. #60
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto's 2012 Up and Downs

    @M3J


    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts