Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Nekomonogatari: Kuro

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nekomonogatari: Kuro

Nekomogatari: Kuro
    Genre: Comedy, Supernatural
    Produced By: SHAFT
    Director, Series Composition: Shinbou Akiyuki
    Starring: Hiroshi Kamiya as Araragi Kyomi, Yui Horie as Hanekawa Tsubasa

Adaption of the 6th book in the Monogatari series, containing the Tsubasa Family Arc and featuring Hanekawa Tsubasa. Set after the upcoming movie Kizumonogatari, and before Bakemonogatari. Four episodes, all airing consecutively on New Years Eve, 2012 - 2013.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 01, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Nekomonogatari: Kuro

Kait beat me to it

Watched the first two episodes so far and what I've seen so far was absolutely great. Hanekawa is my favourite female besides Senjougahara anyway so I'm really enjoying to learn/see more about her.
    I didn't expect such a bloody mess at the end of the second episode, thought they would censor it more like what they did with Araragi's fight against Kanbaru (which was later shown in the Blu-ray release). Not that I would complain though, I love the over the top depiction of violence in the Monogatari series. It always leaves you in awe, one way or another.

And hell, Araragi's talk about love with his sisters was so damn hilarious when I think of the tootbrush scene (in Nisemono) and the fact that Karen openly showed him her breasts I can't help but think that Ishin is obviously hinting at wincest.... probably trying to ridicule it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Kait beat me to it

Watched the first two episodes so far and what I've seen so far was absolutely great. Hanekawa is my favourite female besides Senjougahara anyway so I'm really enjoying to learn/see more about her.
    I didn't expect such a bloody mess at the end of the second episode, thought they would censor it more like what they did with Araragi's fight against Kanbaru (which was later shown in the Blu-ray release). Not that I would complain though, I love the over the top depiction of violence in the Monogatari series. It always leaves you in awe, one way or another.

And hell, Araragi's talk about love with his sisters was so damn hilarious when I think of the tootbrush scene (in Nisemono) and the fact that Karen openly showed him her breasts I can't help but think that Ishin is obviously hinting at wincest.... probably trying to ridicule it.
    Parts one and two more than lived up to my expectations. At this point I am relatively certain no new Monogatari anime will ever let me down. Hanekawa is also a favorite of mine, I'm glad we'll be getting a full dose of her in 2013. She'll be one of the main characters in Kizumonogatari too. She should also be the star of the first arc of the "season two" anime, if I am not mistaken.

After watching Psyco-Pass this last half season, violence does not surprise me anymore. They seem to allow much more carnage (not to mention fanservice) in late night anime these days.

Kyomi's conversation with Tsukihi was one of my early series highlights, along with his delight when Hanekawa said she would do anything he likes. Their conversation nicely established Nekomonogatari's main theme: the subjective nature of love. Combined with Nisemonogatari's main theme (the nature of authenticity), it should make for some great dialog.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also enjoyed the hell out of Nekomonogatari:Kuro so far.

I've only watched the 2 subbed episodes but they were great. To be honest, Hanakawaa isn't high on my favorite character list but that's not a knock on her. It's a statement about how much I adore Senjogahara, Kanbaru, Karen, Tsukihi, and Shinobu. But, with that being said, I still think Nekomonogatari:Kuro has been fantastic.

---------- Post added January 03, 2013 at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

Just got done watching the rest of Nekomonogatari:Kuro. It was so amazingly good.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I as well become speachless at the end, amaizing how good it was...

Now I want to see the enire story/background and how everything will resolve, ASP...

About what fell into my eyes here was that this Class Rep (Neko - cat girl) that:
    • is not related to Arraragi,
    • cute/sexy,
    • smart,
    • has shap teath and claws (not to forget the most dangerous thing: her tongue !!!),
    is in a matter of fact
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 04, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Parts one and two more than lived up to my expectations. At this point I am relatively certain no new Monogatari anime will ever let me down. Hanekawa is also a favorite of mine, I'm glad we'll be getting a full dose of her in 2013. She'll be one of the main characters in Kizumonogatari too. She should also be the star of the first arc of the "season two" anime, if I am not mistaken.

After watching Psyco-Pass this last half season, violence does not surprise me anymore. They seem to allow much more carnage (not to mention fanservice) in late night anime these days.

Kyomi's conversation with Tsukihi was one of my early series highlights, along with his delight when Hanekawa said she would do anything he likes. Their conversation nicely established Nekomonogatari's main theme: the subjective nature of love. Combined with Nisemonogatari's main theme (the nature of authenticity), it should make for some great dialog.
    I feel the same, SHAFT and Nisio form a perfect combination.
    Couldn't agree more about Hanekawa either, good thing the next works most likely coming out first (Kizumonogatari and Nekomonogatari: White) will cover her quite a lot.

True, violence is nothing new for a late night show. Actually I shouldn't have been surprised. The extreme violence, coming pretty close to being comical, is a trait of the series anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Just got done watching the rest of Nekomonogatari:Kuro. It was so amazingly good.
    I loved it as well. Every time I watch an adaption of the novels I'm really tempted to read them. I don't want to destry the surprise though, as I'm convinced that SHAFT is forming a perfect combo with Nisio, which makes the adaption probably better than the original novel. That's just my guess though.

Quote Quote:
    It's a statement about how much I adore Senjogahara, Kanbaru, Karen, Tsukihi, and Shinobu. But, with that being said, I still think Nekomonogatari:Kuro has been fantastic.
    Well I guess you will have to wait a bit until some of your favs are the big focus of the story.

Of course this is just if SHAFT intends to cover the story like it was released in the novels. If we go by the released novels, Kizumonogatari is the only exception so far (Release order: Bakemonogatari - Kizumonogatari - Nisemonogatari - Nekomonogatari:Kuro).

The second season will cover
    • Nekomonogatari:White (Focus on Hanekawa)
    • Kabukimonogatari (Focus on Hachikuji) - probably the part I'm looking forward to the least.
    • Hanamonogatari (Focus on Kanbaru)
    • Otorimonogatari (Focus on Sengoku)
    • Onimonogatari (Focus on Shinobu) - it shall be awesome
    • Koimonogatari (Focus on Senjougahara)

There's so much awesome stuff yet to come I'm pretty sure when SHAFT is finally done with all that, the final season novels (3) will be out and they can start working on that. That's still far in the future though.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait what ? It has begun ? So lucky to read this thread today. I could have missed it for a few weeks seeing how I'm swamped.

4 episodes only ? So it is a preview of the whole season this year ? I'm not really up to date, really too busy nowadays. It seems I can catch up without loosing too much time.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I read the novel, I'm really satisfied knowing that SHAFT is able to make 1 and a half hour Anime covering pretty much most important parts in the novel. I mean, I prefer if this Anime was released in 10-episodes format, but it seems that SHAFT wants to proceed with Kizumonogatari this year. By the way, ever since the first episode of Bakemonogatari, I now that every -Monogatari would contain comedic violence, so I didn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Wait what ? It has begun ? So lucky to read this thread today. I could have missed it for a few weeks seeing how I'm swamped.

4 episodes only ? So it is a preview of the whole season this year ? I'm not really up to date, really too busy nowadays. It seems I can catch up without loosing too much time.
    No, it's more like an OVA. Nekomonogatari was aired 2 hours straight, back to back from 10pm before new year.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post

No, not a preview, but a standalone feature adapting the sixth novel. It's not really split into episodes either, more like a 100 minute TV movie broken by commercials into four parts. The superior UTW-Mazui sub includes the entire show, uninterrupted. The movie of Kizumonogatari comes next, in theaters later this month (I think). A 26 episode television anime for books 7 - 12 was announced for 2013, though there is no promise it really will come out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I also enjoyed the hell out of Nekomonogatari:Kuro so far.

I've only watched the 2 subbed episodes but they were great. To be honest, Hanakawaa isn't high on my favorite character list but that's not a knock on her. It's a statement about how much I adore Senjogahara, Kanbaru, Karen, Tsukihi, and Shinobu. But, with that being said, I still think Nekomonogatari:Kuro has been fantastic.

---------- Post added January 03, 2013 at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

I had the exact same reaction! So many good things happened I can hardly mention them all. It's amazing how fresh the Monogatari series still feels after three installments. Everything that made Bakemonogatari so innovative still stands out, the win just never dies.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I feel the same, SHAFT and Nisio form a perfect combination.
    Couldn't agree more about Hanekawa either, good thing the next works most likely coming out first (Kizumonogatari and Nekomonogatari: White) will cover her quite a lot.
    Hanekawa is not quite on the same level as Senjougahara or Shinobu, but she comes close, along with the fire sisters. Araragi flipping her skirt, and his delight at being offered one wish, were two of the comedic highlights of this, otherwise intense, arc.

Quote Quote:
    I loved it as well. Every time I watch an adaption of the novels I'm really tempted to read them. I don't want to destry the surprise though, as I'm convinced that SHAFT is forming a perfect combo with Nisio, which makes the adaption probably better than the original novel. That's just my guess though.
    I could not imagine any other studio adapting this series. SHAFT's style perfectly fits Nisio's word play, puns, and non sequiturs. I'm a SHAFT fanboy though, have been ever since the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei adaptions (the template for SHAFT's style IMO).

Quote Quote:
    There's so much awesome stuff yet to come I'm pretty sure when SHAFT is finally done with all that, the final season novels (3) will be out and they can start working on that. That's still far in the future though.
    I'm really dying for Kyomi Vamp, Kizumonogatari can't come soon enough. Season three has been partially delayed, no? Weren't all three books supposed to be out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Since I read the novel, I'm really satisfied knowing that SHAFT is able to make 1 and a half hour Anime covering pretty much most important parts in the novel. I mean, I prefer if this Anime was released in 10-episodes format, but it seems that SHAFT wants to proceed with Kizumonogatari this year. By the way, ever since the first episode of Bakemonogatari, I now that every -Monogatari would contain comedic violence, so I didn't mind.
    The novels are very incomplete in English, so I have not really read the novels. Maybe once Baka-Tsuki fills in some of the gaps (they are working on it). I'm glad to know that the anime do the novels justice.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm curious, do you think SHAFT's adaption surpasses the novel? Or "just" on par?

The movie of Kizumonogatari comes next, in theaters later this month (I think).
    Are you sure? As far as I know there's no specific date out there, just that it's delayed to 2013.

I had the exact same reaction! So many good things happened I can hardly mention them all. It's amazing how fresh the Monogatari series still feels after three installments. Everything that made Bakemonogatari so innovative still stands out, the win just never dies.
    Agreed. Though I've read that people complained it's nothing really "new", nothing that would surpass Bakemono (both Nise and Neko). And I have to agree with that, though as a fan I will always be pleased with the current level SHAFT has established for the Monogatari Series.

I have high hopes for Kizumonogatari though, I'm pretty sure that it will surpass Bakemono and will please the critics.

Hanekawa is not quite on the same level as Senjougahara or Shinobu, but she comes close, along with the fire sisters. Araragi flipping her skirt, and his delight at being offered one wish, were two of the comedic highlights of this, otherwise intense, arc.
    True that, to me they're all superior to most of the cast revealed in Bakemono. Even though Hachikuji, Kanbaru and Sengoku are good too I feel like they're lacking compared to Araragi's family, Shinobu and Hanekawa.
    Who knows though, that might change with the second season which features all of the Bakemono cast. I've heard there are quite some drastic changes, both plot and character-wise so I'm really curious.

I'm really dying for Kyomi Vamp, Kizumonogatari can't come soon enough. Season three has been partially delayed, no? Weren't all three books supposed to be out this year?
    Yep, me too. I rewatched the trailer today after quite some and it still looks as amazing as I remembered.

Spoiler show

Season 3 has been delayed, yes. They first and second novel were supposed to be released in 2012, Nisio only released the first one though. The second one is confirmed for April 2013 but no one knows how long the third and last novel might be delayed.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious, do you think SHAFT's adaption surpasses the novel? Or "just" on par?
    How should I put it... NisiOisin's Monogatari is interesting and superb on its own, but Akiyuki Shinbou is the one who gives the life to the Monogatari series. The dialogue of the Monogatari cast is still wacky and funny in the light novel, but I think you could feel that the dialogue is just crazier in SHAFT's adaptation because of its Seiyuu's voice acting is really good. Not to mention Shinbou's signature in making an Anime: crazy, surreal words and sentences inserted in-between scenes make the Anime adaptation of Monogatari series is superior according to me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the entirety of the two seasons last evening/night.
    I really, REALLY should've done that sooner.
    SOOOO hyped for this now.
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; January 06, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

New Reply