Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH News! 2013

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH News! 2013

Sad Killua Is Sad

Anyway this is indeed an awesome poster, however there are two things I dislike about it:

1. Pitou's colour scheme. I don't know about you guys but to me it just screams bland...
    2. Maybe it's the poor image quality, but the poster seems to suggest that the anime is returning the awful washed-out colours used in the Yorknew arc, and I hated those colours! Hunter x Hunter is supposed to be vibrant! That's why the colour pages are so colourful and lively!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Sad Killua Is Sad

Anyway this is indeed an awesome poster, however there are two things I dislike about it:

1. Pitou's colour scheme. I don't know about you guys but to me it just screams bland...
    2. Maybe it's the poor image quality, but the poster seems to suggest that the anime is returning the awful washed-out colours used in the Yorknew arc, and I hated those colours! Hunter x Hunter is supposed to be vibrant! That's why the colour pages are so colourful and lively!
    As exciting as the page is, I wouldn't give it too much importance. I've always been rather meh towards promotional posters or faces from Hunter x Hunter but when we get to see everything in motion it usually looks pretty to damn good

But I guess it will look a bit more washed-out at points because that's just the feeling the Chimera Ant Arc delivers at some point. Greed Island mostly is vibrant, because of it's adventure feeling and portraying but I'm sure you're well aware of the difference compared to the next arc Not saying I don't prefer vibrant colors but as long as the colors match the mood I'm perfectly fine with whatever they're choosing. I have faith Madhouse will make the right decisions

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I agree, it's just that to me it looked like there was consistently bad weather in Yorknew, thus the dull colours. It's as if everything up until (and after) Yorknew was a sunny day, then suddenly it got cloud. There's still no telling wether the Chimera Ant arc will have those colours or not, though if they want to convey a darker mood using colour they should do what they did with the Zoldyck Estate arc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't seem to recall Yorknew having particularly dull colors. It was certainly dark, which made sense given that most of the main action took place at night, but the color scheme didn't seem inconsistently dull compared to prior arcs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    ^ I agree, it's just that to me it looked like there was consistently bad weather in Yorknew, thus the dull colours. It's as if everything up until (and after) Yorknew was a sunny day, then suddenly it got cloud. There's still no telling wether the Chimera Ant arc will have those colours or not, though if they want to convey a darker mood using colour they should do what they did with the Zoldyck Estate arc.
    Yes, the Yorknew arc was certainly cloudy most of the time. But maybe this is how it's supposed to be ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How awesome would it be if Galneryus came back for the OP or ED of the Chimera Ant Arc!?

^^^Arc spoilers abound ^^^
    Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; March 21, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I can't help but think that this would be a better colour scheme for Meryem (green isn't bad, but there will be a lot of Cell comparisons because of it ):

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Meso's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yanno how crazy would it be if Togashi drew the whole Beyond Netero arc during the 2011 anime's run and it getting started on a whole new arc when Chimera Ants airs. That''d be fantastic. o-o
    "It's the things that you cannot possess, that are the most beautiful": (Gilgamesh to Saber during his defeat)

"Me? Stop you? Don't worry, there's no chance of that happening..": (Kurapika's eyes turning red at Hanzo beating up Gon)

"Fuck you asshole! We have just as much say as the rest of you in this bullshit!" (Takashi to the adults during the Zombie Outbreak)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am definitely an avid disliker of green Meryem. But, the blueish green compliments him and is at least not a bad color, it also doesn't look exactly like Cell's shade of green. So that's a plus, character design wise him and Pitou look great. I can't help but feel Pitou looks girlier then earlier in the manga, I really liked Pitou's funny costume accessories earlier on (minor complaint). Despite liking the earlier more cat-like art of Pitou (looked so crazy!), I do associate Pitou as a feminine character although an androgynous one, so I'll be glad if Pitou gets a female voice to go with this design.

Boy I really don't like how Yupi and Pufu look, my gut reaction is Shalnark and Phinx 2.0, which is now how I want to feel about the Royal Guards designs. I wish they had used more out there colors like blue skin or blue hair etc.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Boy I really don't like how Yupi and Pufu look, my gut reaction is Shalnark and Phinx 2.0, which is now how I want to feel about the Royal Guards designs. I wish they had used more out there colors like blue skin or blue hair etc.
    Character designs always look better in the anime than on the posters, so I'd wait to see how they look in the anime. I'm sure we'll get used to how they look, just like everyone got used to Machi's pink hair and Shalnark's voice. I do agree that MadHouse should have used crazier, alien-looking colors for their skin and hair. Perhaps they thought that, since character designs are already so crazy in the Chimera Ant arc, zanier colors would be overdoing it?

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    Character designs always look better in the anime than on the posters, so I'd wait to see how they look in the anime. I'm sure we'll get used to how they look, just like everyone got used to Machi's pink hair and Shalnark's voice. I do agree that MadHouse should have used crazier, alien-looking colors for their skin and hair. Perhaps they thought that, since character designs are already so crazy in the Chimera Ant arc, zanier colors would be overdoing it?
    I'll never get used to his voice and character design.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Next opening: Departure version 4?
    Any chances of Togashi coming back from hiatus when the chimera ant arc start?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter (Manga)Ranked #193 in mal

before just 4 months or so it was five hundred and something

that shows that the anime give boost to the manga popularity too...
    i think that's why togashi will appear. when things get more exciting...and hxh fan club get bigger
    he will then play his trump card ''the return'' that will destroy other manga for sure.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    How awesome would it be if Galneryus came back for the OP or ED of the Chimera Ant Arc!?

Spoiler show
    Give me Departure or give me nothing.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they'll change the opening because the animation of this arc marks a detachment with the old anime.If they don't change it now,I think it'll stay at least until the end of the Election arc.

What kind of ending do you think we'll have?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Thread Closed
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast