Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What is the Female Elder?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Werewolf (Let the M-21 wolfship set sail.)

6 60.00%
  • Werecat (M-21's natural enemy.)

1 10.00%
  • Werekoala (?????)

3 30.00%
  • Just and enhanced Human of some sort.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 265 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 265 Review

Little later than usual but I'm back! For anybody curious about the Tower of God Review that should be forthcoming. Tomorrow, most likely.

The poll last week was on whether people are expecting Rael to show his smarmy face again. A 2 to 1 majority, including myself, think he will. Time to wait and see if we're right.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

That's the holidays for ya. Lots of pretending to be happy about visits from people you wish would go away.

This week begins with Crombell ordering Yuri to get more data to go along with what Mark brought back for him, using the opportunity presented by the 5th, 7th, and 8th Elders eminent assault on Raizel and his friends. Which he seems to think will be the end of the group (his power of underestimation know no bounds).

Then we see a visual montage of Frankenstien training M-21, Tao, Takeo, Regis, and even Seira; as Raizel rests in his coffin; presumably representing the passing of several days.

Meanwhile at KSA headquarters the Three Elders make a surprise visit. Though the KSA are understandably wary of the three, the Elders announce they they aren't here to "threaten" them but rather to "warn" them. Basically giving advanced notice that they are going to make a hell of mess.

Back on the island the training of Tao, Takeo, M-21, and Regis has gone well. They are getting stronger and, as an added bonus for Franky, he is getting to feed his inner sadist at the same time. As the sit the med bay discussing how badly they would like to get even with Franky one day, he comes in and informs them all that it's time to go because the Elders have arrived.

In Korea, atop a building, they stand and look down upon the populace; both figuratively and literally. Spending some time dwelling on how they will rule everything once Lukedonia is out of the way. Instead of hunting Raizel's group down they try a different tactic and decide to lure them out by blowing up a few buildings.

Elsewhere we see the KSA realize that it's starting and Yuri, Mark, and another accomplice begin their mission.

Chapter Review

If they dream about landing a hit on Frankenstein they better wake up and apologize.

Substance

Lots to talk about this chapter. Not the least of which is the introduction of three shiny new elders, wonder if these will last any longer than the last two.

My guess is that the 5th Elder is the man with red eyes. He looks like he's definitely a noble and probably a former clan leader. He seemed to lead the group and seemed calm but authoritative. A good opponent for Frankenstein.

My guess for the 7th Elder is the woman. Obviously the most noticeable thing about her is how her arm seemed to grow hair when she used her power. It's hard to see that and not think "werewolf" (though I suppose she could be a werecat or something similar). If that's what she is it's hard to gauge how dangerous she could be, maybe Seira will finally get an opponent worthy of her.

My guess for the 8th Elder is the cyborg. He's the one we've seen the least of but judging from his aesthetic he's probably some kind of advanced weaponized enhanced human. A good opponent for Rajak, when he shows up.

Yuri's group is also in an interesting situation because if they are most likely heading to Frankenstein lab in which Raziel is currently sleeping. There are a lot of possibly disasters there. Not the least of which would be if Shin Woo and the gang tried to pay their friend a visit.

Looking at the overall combat situation. Things are.. interesting. I believe the situation favors Raizel's friends against the Elders; even if one is a former clan leader but when you add Yuri, Mark, and the odd looking kid to the mix; things start looking worse. I don't have the people needed to deal with that many threats without Raizel putting his foot down on some of them.

Presentation

Artistically, I thought the chapter looked good. It wasn't the most detailed but facial expressions were clear and I'm a big fan of the design of all three elders as well as the white robe uniform they seemed to be wearing. It gave them a sense of style contrasting with, but similar to, the Lukedonia nobles.

Pacing was fast. Very fast. I must admit I thought the training and Elders arrival would be much more drawn out but I'm certainly not disappointed that it wasn't. To be honest, I think the last arc really over-strained M-21's character and the enhanced human characters overall; a drawn out training arc following that could have been brutal. Simply put, I think this was a great time to hit fast forward.

Overall Rating

The end to the training period for the RK-6 was sudden but welcome. This chapter sped events along and put us right back on the cusp of a major combat arc. Which is a good place to be.

I give it a 5 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The female elder is a Werewolf

Old Predictions: (20 Wins/ 25 Losses)

Nothing at the moment.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; January 01, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Noblesse Chapter 265 Review

Thanks for the review! (Only forum where I have to revisit many times for the hope that a certain thread is up^^).

Well, the elders are well drawn, but that doesnt likely means they will live longer. See Taze,Yuizi, Bonerre and 12th as a good example. Well, lets start the gamble on who will die first! My guess is the original Frankenstein's monster.

I was actually hoping that the introduction of other traitors will be well written just like Roctis. So yes, its a little disappointment when you see one of the main villain enters the scene out of nowhere without even any good long lasting impression.

Same applies for werewolf (in case she is). I mean its somewhat a let down when you are waiting for a certain type of character to appear from ages, and then he/she appears with a dull introduction and further powered up by generic villain personalities. Union have already lost three elders though double digits...... It would be a complet let down if they underestimate Franky and rest.

Quote Quote:
    his power of underestimation know no bounds.
    Couldnt have said better.

If the data is stolen again, then I guess Frankenstein should get the award for being the most idiotic character.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 265 Review

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post

If the data is stolen again, then I guess Frankenstein should get the award for being the most idiotic character.
    no if data is stolen again it will be like punishing heroes for wining
    only thing i didnt like is every time frank & co win and fights profit go to crombel

i want RK-4 to fight with yuri & co and kick their a**. because even after training i dont think RK-4 can kill ELDER so yuri & co will be perfect opponent

i think 5th elder (former clanleader's) name is REIGA

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely if Yuriy shows up at Frankens hous Seira will be there waiting for them. Depending on if there are more to his group than what we've seen she should be able to hold her own but might be a bit outmanned. I don't think Yuriy is dumb enough to just rush in the house which is where the kids come in. What i think might happen is that Yuriy will see the children come to the house, take them hostage and return them in exchange for the data. I have more to add later on. Lunch breaks over...

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i think 5th elder (former clanleader's) name is REIGA
    I think you are wrong. MangaPirates used REIGA instead of RAGAR. Ragar is the former leader of Kertia clan who is now in his eternal sleep.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Most likely if Yuriy shows up at Frankens hous Seira will be there waiting for them.
    I think Yuri will wait till Seira and Franky arrives on stage. He doesnt know anything about training, so for him everyone is at home.
    So he will wait for their arrival, atleast for the arrival of Frankenstein and Seira as he knows their strength..... He knows everyone will be forced to participate in the upcoming battle as their opponent are three elders. And he believes he can overpower trio and Regis with the help of Mark and the new team member. (Ofcourse, he have no clue about Rai).
    Last edited by strixflash; January 02, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for werewolf in the poll because I'd love to see a clash between them. As of yet - it remains a mystery on what she is and could be something-else all together like Jammin mentioned. So we're left with an attack on two fronts - its really interesting, cant wait to see how things turn out from here.

Damn that scheming Crombell - .

Happy New Years Jammin - great review again.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading this review, I notice how many things I missed in this chapter... all I can remember (except the main storyline) is the close-up of Seira's legs

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Looking at the overall combat situation. Things are.. interesting. I believe the situation favors Raizel's friends against the Elders; even if one is a former clan leader but when you add Yuri, Mark, and the odd looking kid to the mix; things start looking worse. I don't have the people needed to deal with that many threats without Raizel putting his foot down on some of them.
    I view them as a chance for RK-4 to redeem themselves. They've been on the receiving end too many times, and those opponents seem not too strong for them to handle (after all that training, I'd be at least disappointed if they were). Mark is there probably for M-21.

Noooooo! I just noticed this post took the last 2 ciphers 42 from my post count! Gotta wait for 647... or 742
    Last edited by 0Xellos; January 02, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing it will be Tao and Takeo vs Yuriy, Regis vs the new guy and M21 vs Mark. I think they'll be smart enough to stay away from the house. Especially if they don't kn ow whos in there.

I wonder if the 5th elder will be able to detect Rai's aura if he meets the trio since he awakened them all. I kbow its different from being contracted but its going to come out somehow and I'm not sure if Frankens going to say anything considering his condition.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a really good point Bd410 - maybe be he will sense something from Raizel. If Rai were to appear in front of them would he panick but thats just too good to happen at the moment since he is resting.

The match up seems like the likely scenarios.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I view them as a chance for RK-4 to redeem themselves. They've been on the receiving end too many times, and those opponents seem not too strong for them to handle (after all that training, I'd be at least disappointed if they were). Mark is there probably for M-21.
    I have this sneaking suspicion they are going to need Raizel to save them again because that's just the way things tend to go in Noblesse.

I also think Shin Woo and his friends are going to get caught up in this somehow causing Raizel to wake up and beat the livin' crap out of everything.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

with a single finger - sucks that this eats away his life force. Hopefully the authors can find a way to fix or at least mange to stabilize his life.
    Hopefully the kids won't be involved but there is a good possibility in that as well of them running into team Yuriy.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    with a single finger - sucks that this eats away his life force. Hopefully the authors can find a way to fix or at least mange to stabilize his life.
    Hopefully the kids won't be involved but there is a good possibility in that as well of them running into team Yuriy.
    I don't know, I'm kind of excited by the idea of his life force not stabilizing. So many wonderful possibles for tear-jerking scenes. And if my longtime theory of Shin Woo getting made his successor came true, followed by a fight between him and Yuri over Seira. I would be a very happy man.

Approximately this happy.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know I feel like he is going to not make it by the end of the series but at the same-time I don't want to loose such an epic character.

26. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yeah I know I feel like he is going to not make it by the end of the series but at the same-time I don't want to loose such an epic character.
    He could make you know. (More like I'm begging for that.)
    I am still wondering about the role of seal created from dark spear.
    Spoiler show

Its evident that authors (atleast the artist) remembers about the seal. So we cant say that its a plot hole..
    Spoiler show

Was it only made to contain the power which is leaked unconsciously, and hence it doesnt affect the amount of power Rai wants to use willingly? Or, Was it made in such a way that Rai shouldnt be able to use his powers at all? I think the former one is more likely.

Its likely that the ring would play a crucial role in the story later on otherwise authors wouldnt have intfoduced this plot element.
    Last edited by strixflash; January 03, 2013 at 01:44 AM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was to help prevent his powers from leaking or something to that nature and not to prevent Rai from using his powers willfully.
    I would assume the other rings he was wearing were supposed to do that in a similar way akin to the earnings.

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast