Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Strongest DF

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Quote Originally Posted by DKSilversRayleigh View Post
    Luffy's because he will become the pirate king and beat all the people that you list there end of discussion
    Stupid thing to say I'm afraid. It not to say the Gomu Gomu no Mi has been the sole reason he has been winning fights the further we get in the story, Haki is becoming more and more important.
    Just because he will become the Pirate King does not mean he will have the Strongest DF. Many things have to be taken into account in the vast world of One Piece.

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    i guess no one liked my joke. and can u really say that one df is stronger than all the others. enel had a df that made people believe he was a god but was beaten by luffy if luffy fought mr 1 just counting his df powers not how he uses it (like gear 2,3) or haki luffy would lose. when we 1st saw ace i bet a lot of people would have said he was the strongest but was beaten by lava. the only one i could see beating every other df is if there is one that allows someone to control water without touching it and they r by the ocean. even the yami yami might not be stronger then the light fruit they might cancel eachother out, and if some1 had a df that made them fly or move very fast could they escape from being pulled into blackbeard. and blackbeard maybe a logai but still takes physical damage so what if his opponent uses hit and run tactics. and does his fruit have the power to absorb other fruits or is it him somehow and if it is his fruit it i hope he can't steal the fruit if the person was still alive or maybe he is like sylar from hero's and studies their brain.
    the df battle i want to see is buggy vs. mr.1

  3. #33
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    It's not really a matter of debate. It's already been officially stated what the strongest fruits are.

    Strongest logia - Yami Yami
    Strongest paramecia - Gura Gura
    Strongest zoan - Whatever Kaidou has

  4. #34
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Quote Originally Posted by braindamage351 View Post
    It's not really a matter of debate. It's already been officially stated what the strongest fruits are.

    Strongest logia - Yami Yami
    Strongest paramecia - Gura Gura
    Strongest zoan - Whatever Kaidou has
    Lolwut.

    How can you say Kaidou's fruit is the strongest hen we don't even know what it is? For all we know, he is not even human and didn't eat any DF's. He may be the strongest in the current OP world, but to say that is solely based off his DF(which isn't confirmed), is stupid lol.

    And where has it been stated that those are the strongest fruits?

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit View Post
    Lolwut.

    How can you say Kaidou's fruit is the strongest hen we don't even know what it is? For all we know, he is not even human and didn't eat any DF's. He may be the strongest in the current OP world, but to say that is solely based off his DF(which isn't confirmed), is stupid lol.

    And where has it been stated that those are the strongest fruits?
    Gura Gura being the strongest paramecia was officially stated by Oda.

    Yami Yami being the strongest logia was basically stated by Blackbeard, and since he was so specific about which devil fruit he was after, it's unlikely that he's being biased.

    Strongest zoan is an assumption. All we technically know is that Kaidou is considered the strongest animal in the world. You can come up with a lot of clever reasons for him having that status, but the most likely one is simply that he has the strongest zoan in the world.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #36
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit View Post
    How can you say Kaidou's fruit is the strongest hen we don't even know what it is? For all we know, he is not even human and didn't eat any DF's. He may be the strongest in the current OP world, but to say that is solely based off his DF(which isn't confirmed), is stupid lol.
    I wouldn't call it "stupid". It's a reasonable guess, based on what we know so far. Depending on the translation, Kaido was called either the strongest creature, or strongest thing alive. This does not mean he has to be an anthropomorphic animal, or monster of some sort. It may only be that Oda was deliberately being vague, implying there was something not quite human about Kaido, but not wanting to give away what. Being the strongest zoan fruit user is actually a very good guess, in my opinion.

    Quote Quote:
    And where has it been stated that those are the strongest fruits?
    In volume 58 SBS, Oda states outright that Gura Gura no mi is the strongest paramecia. The same is stated during the war, when Whitebeard's ability is first revealed.

    Blackbeard claims the Yami Yami no mi is the most powerful of all devil fruit when his ability is first revealed. Until further notice, Yami Yami no mi has canon support as not only the strongest logia, but the strongest devil fruit.

  9. #37
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    That's not what this thread is about, really. Even a paramecia with the most destructive force can be countered by, let's say, slow beam. That slow fruit would be scary as shit with someone with real fighting power or a knife.

    Only real strength of darkness logia is that it cancels out other abilities. And it has a nice utility that allows it to pull opponents toward the user. But I have yet to see something that would help the user survive against a laser beam that Kizaru uses to pierce people or a laser beam that destroys a mangrove tree or a lava flood or getting frozen or getting electrocuted.

    Fact is, even if Oda says some fruit is strongest, he himself will be the first to find a way to counter it. Having said that, there is no strongest devil fruit in One Piece. There are only fruits with more advatages than others.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #38
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    There is a strongest DF, given a category.
    But yes, "uncounterable" (invincible) fruits don't exist. Being the strongest doesn't mean being impossible to counter.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #39
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    I'm still working on it, but I've made my own 5 star grading system for Devil Fruits. I've only really hammered out the first two stars, but I'll show you what I've typed up so far. I chose a star grade system because Devil Fruits are food technically. xD

    1 star-
    2 star-
    3 star-
    4 star-
    5 star-
    ? star-

    The criteria for distinguishing a star grade is that the relevant factors can only be based on that which is a resulting ability of the Devil Fruit(DF). Additional factors such as weapons, haki, martial arts, misc. are irrelevant to grading a DF ability, including cases where they were used in tangent with the ability(i.e. Mr. 5's explosive breath bullets; Luffy's Red Hawk, etc.; Rob Lucci's Shigan; Chopper's Rumble Balls), and yes that includes Zoan weapons.

    The primary determining factors are strengths and weaknesses. The secondary determining factors are nature(this is to note strengths and weaknesses in relation to other DF abilities), variety(this is to focus on the strengths to weaknesses ratio and measure how thorough of gifts are given), and last is potential, or x-factor(this is to measure that which we are not seeing applied).

    1 stars can be considered superhuman, but their abilities have a small number of features that aren't very dynamic. Users of this grade can easily overwhelm those without DF abilities of their own or remarkable strength or skill with their powers. This grade is predominantly Paramecias, but I would say Zoan weapons largely fall into this grade too.

    2 stars are the most common DF grade for Paramecias and Zoans, but a rare grade for Logia. Paramecia 2 stars require they have an ability that has a wide range of potential applications, and they typically are an ability based on a theme. Zoans are naturally given enhanced senses, strength multiplication, and the use of both their own and their Zoan's physical tools in tangent. All notable, but what makes them all definitively 2 star grade is their potential to 'awaken'. Logia also are naturally at the very least 2 stars because of their resilience and maneuverability, and in this grade these qualities make up the dominant part of their usage.

    I'm still working on 3-5. It's a complicated process because of so many factors. 3 stars aren't so far off from 4 stars. They are the hardest to determine. I know that predator Zoans and Ancient Zoans are at least 3 stars. Mythical Zoans are at least 4 stars or higher. I know I consider Luffy's to be 4 stars. Crocodile is tricky to place. I've got a lot of work to do with it. I'll probably try to establish 5 and 4 before I do 3 to make it much more distinguishable.

  14. #40
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Blackbeard can absorb fire, lightning, etc, with his darkness. He just has to do it actively. Every time he's gotten nailed by an attack, he was rambling like an idiot and not paying attention. Remember the end, when Ace and Blackbeard clashed with two giant final attacks? The island may have ended up like Punk Hazard if Blackbeard's power hadn't swallowed up Ace's.

    And I don't really think we should bother judging DF powers independently of the user's strength. It's too speculative. Can Aokiji freeze the entire visible ocean because his fruit is stronger, or because he trained his fruit to master level? Probably the latter. If Akainu had the explosion fruit he could probably destroy an island with a single punch. If Garp had Robin's fruit he would have caught Gold Roger. But when we talk about what the ice fruit does, we are basing it on what we've seen.

  15. #41
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    I've already accounted for that, which is why I list potential as a factor. Mr. 5's Bomb-Bomb Fruit was one of the reasons why I noted the factor even, so I'm glad you mention it. I would argue that until we know what decides the proportions of the explosions that we can't say, but it being so dependent on the body itself I would argue that it most likely cannot create explosions of that caliber. However, if you were to argue that it could most likely create a number of explosions that accomplish that I wouldn't disagree.

    To say Garp would do that would assume he would apply his Haki to it, but that doesn't change the nature of her ability. Its invasive and tricky natures are a big part of its ability, but its ability to compound actions and sensory alone make it a 3 star. I haven't decided what I consider it yet, but I doubt it will go beyond 3 star.

    Logias are tricky. Being the most consistently powerful category and having such varieties of how people use them make them difficult, but the fact that there is definitely an elemental hierarchy to them as Akainu stated has made it easier to measure. I don't make any grading without a lot of consideration. I think the role that element plays in nature speaks a lot for it when measuring it. Being an Iceman definitely ranks at either 4 or 5 stars. He is essentially cold itself personified.

  16. #42
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    I think the concept of the Suna Suna no Mi of Crocodile is rather beast.
    If you think you can die of thirst if he gets you for long enough.
    Without liquid he could kick your ass.
    In theory he could kill almost anybody who is Haki-less.
    Its still slightly crazy how Luffy won.

  17. #43
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    I love considering how each Logia user applies themselves and imagining what it would be like if they emulated another Logia's style or how that ability could grow. I can only imagine what it feels like to be a Logia.

  18. #44
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    It´s quite hard to actually determine the strongest DF because fights and thus also the DFs have several components. WB´s Gura Gura is and probably will be the most destructive fruit we will see in OP but defensively speaking it is not the best fruit. Magellan´s DF is probably the most deadly but he lacks in every other department. Kizaru´s fruit probably makes him the fastest, unless Kuma is actually faster, but it also lacks in certain sections. That´s why i actually like Avid´s grading system because you can assess a fruit´s strengths and weaknesses and judge them based on that.

  19. #45
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest DF

    Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
    I love considering how each Logia user applies themselves and imagining what it would be like if they emulated another Logia's style or how that ability could grow. I can only imagine what it feels like to be a Logia.
    Not just Logia, but every single DF user.
    I'd mentioned this before but how a DF user applies themselves is how we perceive each fruit to be the strongest.
    If Luffy didn't have the Gomu Gomu no Mi but some Marine with only the rank of Captain had it instead, we would probably think of it as a very very weak fruit.
    Since he probably wouldn't use it to change his insides and access Gear 2nd.

    Same with Chopper and Lucci who unlike most Zoan users who can only go Half Zoan and Full Zoan and back to human, Lucci and Chopper have various Zoan modes they can access according to their situation.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts