Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest DF

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Feline's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest DF

This is a question i've been pondering with for quite some time now. We all know that the user can make or break a Devil Fruit, but when i think of the DF's by them self i can't help but stuck knowing that one DF can cancel the other out. So i was hoping you guys could bring me some clarity.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest DF

You want to know which DF is the strongest or if between them there's an order of power?
    In the first case I'd say that the strongest would be the Yami Yami, since it can cancel other fruit's effects and even steal them.
    In the second case, yes, there is an order of power between all the existing DF (for example the Magma Magma is stronger than the Mera Mera).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well invincibility is usually pretty high up there as superpowers go, though I think it would be fairly tame in OP since kairoseki is the great equalizer, plus I don't know how it would interact with haki.

In that regard, I imagine stopping/controlling time or mind control (Doflamingo seems to control bodies rather than minds) would be the hardest to overcome in a 1v1 fight.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Luffy94's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest DF? Well in my opinion the strongest one is Yami Yami no Mi - darkness. 99,9% of universe is made from darkness, so if you have this power, you can simply control almost the whole universe. Of course this is not how DF is supposed to be, but think about it in this way.

In 1v1 case, propably Marco's DF is the best, because he can regenerate himself as long as he want/can.

If Doflamingo's DF is to control someone, than he has one big weakness - speed. Vergo already demonstrated in fight with Law that if you are fast enough, you can just simply dodge before DF user attack you and overwhelm him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy94 View Post
    Strongest DF? Well in my opinion the strongest one is Yami Yami no Mi - darkness. 99,9% of universe is made from darkness, so if you have this power, you can simply control almost the whole universe. Of course this is not how DF is supposed to be, but think about it in this way.
    Depending on which wavelengths you're watching, the universe can be surprisingly bright or even colorful. Just saying, not that it matters. And controlling dark matter would be cool, too. Or supporting the joke theory of light being just absence of darkness "photons don't actually exist, but the particles of darkness - skotons - do" (coming from greek phos = light, skotos = darkness), we could say what's the dark stuff BB turns into as a logia.

On the topic, being who I am, of course the darkness is the best
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Gura Gura no Mi, Magu Magu no Mi and Hie Hie no Mi are all incredibly dangerous and powerful fruits. They go beyond combat, these are fruits with the capability of altering the very climate of the world itself, as Magu Magu no Mi and Hie Hie no Mi have already proven. The Gura Gura no Mi allowed Whitebeard to tilt an entire island and the sea around it, causing incomparable destruction as well as natural disasters (tsunami's, earthquakes). I could easily see it do even more devastating damage if used cleverly: it can tilt and rise up continental plating with earthquakes, which has the potential of changing sea currents, which changes the very climate of the world. The power of this fruits is really mindblowing. I don't see the Yami Yami no Mi doing this very soon.

Of course, that depends on what one considers "strongest". In terms of sheer power, it's hard to beat the three I mentioned. But the Pika Pika no Mi, Goro Goro no Mi and Yami Yami no Mi are also pretty broken to the point of enabling the "god mode" cheat on whoever eats them. But on the other hand, Marco's Phoenix fruit, even though it doesn't cause mass destruction and climate changes, makes Marco pretty much invincible since he can even shrug off Haki attacks (unlike logia's, if the haki is strong enough, that is). That's a very strong fruit, too, though in an entirely different way than the other ones I mentioned.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Woshu Woshu no Mi is hands down the strongest fruit. Its powers are really to hax. It shouldn't even be in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan can do pretty well against everyone but a logia. And maybe even some logias if they aren't careful. Of course, that brings me to CC's gas logia. Those 2 are probably among the most "unfair" devil fruits, because they can defeat or even kill a great number of enemies without even trying that much.

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLeggedDragon View Post
    Woshu Woshu no Mi is hands down the strongest fruit. Its powers are really to hax. It shouldn't even be in the manga.
    I think Awa Awa no Mi is it's greatest nemesis!

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, to try and rank the DF is useless. Since it is crystal clear in the series that is really no "weak" Devil Fruti and it is entirely based upon how well the user uses his Fruit.
    For example had somebody else had the Gomu Gomu no Mi, I doubt they would have used it to pump adrenaline through their body at an abnormal rate to achieve Gear 2nd, 3rd etc.
    Or how Chopper has over 7 Points to his Zoan Type Fruit whilst the average is just 2 points, Full Animal Mode and Half animal mode.

Personally for me,
    Goro Goro no Mi.
    The way its shown that it can be used to hear people from far away,
    The power of Lighting at your fingertips, and most importantly, it can restart your heartbeat.

So after the side-effects of Drowning that the Gomu Gomu no Mi brings, if your nakama rescue you before your body deteriorates, your body will automatically kickstart itself and you the electric signals will pump your body back to life just like Enel did.

Goro Goro no Mi is the strongest imo.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What's even more frightening is how every DF has always just that ONE DF that is its weakness. It's extremely hard to judge DF's.
    Fantastic idea from Oda.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So after the side-effects of Drowning that the Gomu Gomu no Mi brings, if your nakama rescue you before your body deteriorates, your body will automatically kickstart itself and you the electric signals will pump your body back to life just like Enel did.
    Rather than "before your body deteriorates" it should be "until you're conscious enough to use your DF". That's because even after your heart stops, you have a while to live while conscious, it's more of a calm death. In this situation, I suppose Enel had retained enough consciousness after the impact that he was able to defibrilate himself.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure, Enel looked pretty borderline dead to me. But yeah, conscious is much better than what I said otherwise we would have a near broken character.
    So yeah conscious enough to use your DF so you can use electricity to make your heartbeat again.
    Goro Goro no Mi for strongest lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I'm not sure, Enel looked pretty borderline dead to me. But yeah, conscious is much better than what I said otherwise we would have a near broken character.
    So yeah conscious enough to use your DF so you can use electricity to make your heartbeat again.
    Goro Goro no Mi for strongest lol.
    Not to mention it might even burn hotter than Akainu's magma since lighting is multiple times hotter than fire.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

you think lightening is hotter than fire?
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    you think lightening is hotter than fire?
    Lightning heats air to temperatures around 20000 celsius while lava's temperature is around 1100 celsius. You should always google if you're not 100% sure of something.

Sure, this is manga, but since the rule of "magma is hotter than fire" applied then "lightning is hotter than magma" would apply too.
    Last edited by Razh; January 05, 2013 at 05:55 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to agree with the Goro Goro no Mi. You can shoot lightning bolts, superheat anything, and move at the speed of light. Enel only got screwed because Luffy was his one weakness, rubber.

Aside from that, I'd have to say Kizaru's Pika Pika no Mi is really strong. He can shoot laser beams and move at the speed of light. That is complimented really well with his great fighting ability and Haki.

Always been a sucker for Aokiji's Hie Hie no Mi. It's probably not that strong in comparison to other powers, but turning into ice has always been badass to me.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast