Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Fairy Tails 2012 Up and Downs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tails 2012 Up and Downs.

Vote the moments or the fight of the 2012 for Fairy Tail.
    You can vote everything that happened between chapters 265 and 312.

The things that you can vote are these:
    • Character of the year;
    • Best new character;
    • Best fight of the year;
    • Funniest moment of the year
    • Worst character
    • Worst new character;
    • Worst fight of the year;
    • Best Moment of the Year
    • Revelation of the Year
    • Pairing of the Year
    • Worst Moment of the Year
    • Worst Revelation of the Year
    • Most Boring Moment of the Year

In the truth I think that will be better that for the fighting parts (best and worse) we should separate the fights and the contest (we should vote the best/worse contest and the best/worse battle in a separate way, and then put it together.
    Try to have fun, you don't have to answer all of it if you don't want to, and do explain your choices, so we can all have fun discussing them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heriko's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tails 2012 Up and Downs.

It is going to be really hard, there were so much different and good fights! But i give it a try.

Character of the year
    Really hard to decide. I would say Erza. That sure was epic when she defeated 100 monsters

Best new character
    New character hmm. I prefer Rogue. he was the only one of Sabertooth who wasn't an ass. Does he even count? I think he was introduced a bit before :/
    So, i think Kagura is the best new character. Cause she is kinda badass. But not (yet) an ass.

Best fight of the year
    I would say Gray vs Rufus was well done.
    Maybe it is tied with Mystogan (Jellal) vs Jura. cause that was really nice too.
    Sure, Natsus fight was epic too, but somehow a bit too unrealistic.

Funniest moment of the year
    Jenny stripping Mira in the special chapter 298
    Also worth mentioning: Kana babying Hibiki, Laxus comforting Mavis, Mavis is funny

Worst character
    Sting. and Lector.

Worst new character
    Minerva. I hate her.

Worst fight of the year
    Double Blue Pegasus vs Quatro Puppies

Best Moment of the Year
    There are so much epic Moments.
    Erza kicking ass. (Pandemonium)
    Natsu kicking ass. (vs Twin Dragon, vs Sabertooth)
    Laxus kicking ass. (vs Raven Tail)
    Gray kicking ass. (vs Rufus)
    Elfman being a man. (vs Bacchus)
    Kana being a Clive. (MPF)

there are two more epic moments, if they wouldn't have been trolled:
    Lucy casting Urano Metria
    and
    Jellal casting Star Destructrion

also the Entering of Fairy Tail in the Arena as one team was really good too, but not as good as the others.

Revelation of the Year
    That Acnologia was a Dragon Slayer

Pairing of the Year
    What pairing? I guess Kana & Hibiki

Worst Moment of the Year
    Ichya showing his face in doublespread page... Ouuugh....

Worst Revelation of the Year
    Dat Bunny being Ichya-cat...

Most Boring Moment of the Year
    hmm not sure. can't really remember anything. maybe forgot it.
    The fire's shadow illuminates the village.
    - Yondaime Hokage Namikaze Minato -

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.
    - Hatake Kakashi -

Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens.
    - Uchiha Itachi -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see:

Character of the year: Erza pops up in my mind.
    Best new character: Yukino has been relevant recently.
    Best fight of the year; Nasu vs the twin dragons without a doubt.
    Funniest moment of the year: Jellal's loss because of Ultear. LOL
    Worst character: Sting; seriously I can't stand to watch him.
    Worst new character: Bacchus, which is a pity considering its potential.
    Worst fight of the year: Orga Vs Warcry
    Best Moment of the Year: Natsu powning Sting and Rogue.
    Revelation of the Year: Acnologia being the king of dragons.
    Pairing of the Year: ErzaXJellal
    Worst Moment of the Year: The fight against the Garo knigths
    Worst Revelation of the Year: The bunny being Edo-Ichiya.
    Most Boring Moment of the Year: I don't know; perhaps the competition parts of the tournament.

It has been a good year overall.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the year;

Probably Erza - between fighting off all 100 monsters and the ongoing fight, she's had a lot of opportunities to shine this year.

Best new character;

Bacchus. Sure, he didn't live up to the hype, but he was entertaining, gave Elfman one of his few moments to shine in the series, and was the only member of his team that posed an actual threat.

Best fight of the year;

Wendy vs. Chelia, oddly enough. It actually made Wendy (who, until this point, I had seen as the group's tag-along kid, and more of a support mage than anything) come across as an actual powerhouse, and managed to do so without diminishing the strength of her opponent.

The reveal of Nichiya being the person in the rabbit costume - it quickly went from ridiculous to hilarious, and the fact that he was absolutely useless in a fight was just icing on the cake!

Worst character

Sting or Lector. Sting, for bragging about being able to defeat Acnologia when he's never seen it and treating his guild's strongest member beating the Fairy Tail team's weakest member as a major victory on his part, and Lector, for being an insufferable annoyance who remains completely unsympathetic despite Mashima's best attempts.

Worst new character;

Rufus - his magic is incredibly broken, and he doesn't have much of a personality to speak of. I would say Jiemma, but at least seeing him getting his comeuppance was entertaining.

Worst fight of the year;

Mirajane vs. Jenny. Can that be called a fight? Anyways, I would have liked to see Mirajane actually do something to show that she's fit to be in the same category as people like Erza, Gildartz, or Luxus, (seeing as the only opponent's that she's beaten (Fried and the executioner) aren't really on that level) but it seems like that won't happen for a while.

Best Moment of the Year

Lucy's performance during her fight with Flare. I wouldn't consider this the best fight, since the ending still leaves a sour taste (how did nobody notice Raven Tail's blatant cheating? Why weren't they punished for (at the very least) threatening to murder a child?), but it certainly showed how far she's come over the course of the series (using several gold keys at once, which was thought to be impossible; holding her own with just the whip; using Urano Metria, or however it's spelled, without outside help), and it gave me a good first impression for this arc (if Lucy can hold her own against these people, then it means that Fairy Tail's eventual victory will be believable, unlike how it was during the Grimoire Heart arc where the Fairy Tail guild won due to a colossal amount of deus ex machina).

Revelation of the Year

The Eclipse project being about time travel. Not only did this make the three month timeskip in the Stellar Spirit world serve a purpose, as that was the basis for how the Eclipse project worked, but it also explained why Zeref not only knew Natsu but thought Natsu could stop him, and seems to serve as advance build-up for an upcoming arc (which is pretty rare in Fairy Tail).

Pairing of the Year

I'm not all that concerned with pairings, but I suppose I'll give this to Erza/Jellal. This arc certainly has increased my ability to tolerate Jellal - it helps that he isn't being taken so seriously, I suppose, since he's actually involved in comedic moments now, and Erza doesn't turn into a wreck whenever he appears.

Worst Moment of the Year

Natsu shoving Gazille into a mine cart so that he could fight Sting and Rogue alone. Sure, Gazille being sent into the mine advanced the plot, and Gazille will probably fight one of them in the upcoming chapters, but it just seemed like overkill that Natsu could take on both of them when they were using Dragon Force and win without breaking a sweat or using any of his new lightning powers.

Alexei actually being Ivan. Sure, Raven Tail's cheating was already incredibly blatant, but having Ivan dealt with so quickly (especially when he had an implied rivalry with Gildartz) just seemed anti-climatic.

Fairy Tail vs. the executioners - there was no suspense there; the only question was how quickly Fairy Tail's team would win.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This was one of the best arcs until now, so some categories may have multiple entries.

Character of the year
    Elsa. Given the sheer amount of awesome moments she had this year, it's difficult for me to say otherwise.

Best new character
    Until we get to know more about Kagura, it's Yukino for now. I would say Mavis-chan, but she was introduced last year.

Best fight of the year
    Chelia vs. Wendy for me personally. I always liked Wendys magic, but in this fight she finally showed her potential as an all-rounded mage, because she has buffs and healing magic as well as offensive spells in her arsenal.

Pretty much anything with Mavis included. The extra with the Sorcerer 3D was absolutely hilarious.

Worst character
    Sting, obviously. Rogue to a lesser degree, since he seems to have a brain that works at least partially...

Worst new character
    Minerva. HATE THAT BITCH!!

Worst fight of the year
    Raven Tail. All that hype for nothing.

Best Moment of the Year
    Too much to count. Heriko summed it up nicely though.

Revelation of the Year
    That Acnologia was once human, didn't see that one coming.

Worst Moment of the Year
    Ichiyas smile.

Nichiya being Usagi-kun.

The executioners, probably. Nothing was going to happen anyway, so it was good they were dealt with pretty fast.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

• Character of the year;
    I guess I have to give it to Minerva, for being the only real evil threat in the competition. Even if her personality reminds me a lot of evil Urtear.

• Best new character;
    Kagura without a doubt, unless Mashima ends up trolling her, but I don't think he will, at least not yet.

• Best fight of the year
    To be honest, I've found almost all of them extremely disappointing. Except Yukino v Kagura, that was epic and kind of an unexpected outcome, plus both are two good new characters. That wasn't a hard choice after all.

Elfman changing Quatro Cerberus' name to Quatro Puppy.

• Worst character
    Another hard choice, but I'll give it to Lucy. I' am soooooooooo tired of her tears and being the damsel in distress. I have to excuse her loss against Flare, and if she didn't cry so much later in the arc I could forgive her crying after that. She also gets kidnapped by the soldiers, then get's crushed by Minerva( Mashima uses Lucy as a way for bothh of the main rivals of this tournament to shit on FT), then thrown in prison in the castle,then has to be saved by Arcadios, and now we find out that the hooded lady was Lucy, the most predictable choice, since everytime she was seen she was always crying. Fairy Tail is starting to get as nuts as Kingdom Hearts is with the alternate versions of people walking around. I also hate fanservice, and Lucy is about as fanservicey as it gets.

• Worst new character;
    I'll go with Chelia. She's a Wendy clone, a clone of an already generic character, and she also has one of those boring powers in FT where every attack looks the same. Plus, since Mashima pooped on Godslayer magic about a chapter or two after it was introduced with Natsu defying what was supposed to make it so special, I really don't care for it. I hope her wind magic at least has some different properties to it.

• Worst fight of the year;
    This is extremely tough for me. I'll say it was a three-way tie between Mira vs Jenny, Laxus vs Raven Tail and Natsu vs Sting and Rogue. Mira vs Jenny because it was an opportunity for Mashima to give Mirajane a badass fight(which she DESPERATELY needs) and instead turned it into a bikini contest. UGH! Shameless.

Laxus vs Raven Tail, because Laxus one-shotted Raven Tail like a bunch of noobs. After all this build up to the conflict with the Raven Tail guild, their "anti-Fairy Tail" group got owned like weaklings. How the hell were they ahead of everyone else if they sucked that bad? We didn't even get to properly see Obra's magic. And Ivan was humiliated, dear lord, how could Makarov's son, Laxus' father, the one Gildartz has a grudge against be so utterly pathetic? It wasn't even a cool one shot either, Laxus just zapped their asses and called it a day. All that Makarov growling at Ivan and Gajeel infiltrating them for nothing. They sucked, and didn't even figure out Gajeel betrayed them until Laxus told them. I was looking forward to Raven Tail, they had a lot of potential, which was wasted.

And Natsu vs Sting and Rogue, because after all the crazy, crazy hype from the beginning of this arc, these guys IN DRAGON FORCE TOGETHER can barely make Natsu use a serious attack. I don't get how Sabertooth is number one. They kinda suck too. Sting and Rogue are supposed to be prodigies but quite frankly Rufus and Orga are more intimidating. And Natsu cheated Gajeel out of doing something epic too. Good thing Gajeel will get to fight Rogue one-on-one finally, looking forward to that.

•Best Moment of the Year
    Sometimes mermaids devour tigers.

•Revelation of the Year
    I would say the Eclipse Plan but apparently Eclipse Plan isn't the real Eclipse Plan, so sorry folks, but I got nothing for this one. Oh wait that's right, forgot we learned about Acnologia. The revelation from the Emerald dragon it is then.

•Pairing of the Year
    Flare x Lucy

•Worst Moment of the Year
    Natsu pushing Gajeel into that cart. Fuck you Natsu.

•Worst Revelation of the Year
    The bad guys are trying to harvest the "power of feelings". Also Sabertooth and Raven Tail being mostly a bunch of weaklings.

•Most Boring Moment of the Year
    Charle's "predictions". Bullshit, FT will be fine in the end. I can never take Charles predictions seriously after Tenroujima. Also, every chapter that was just about FT dicking around.
    Last edited by exacta; January 04, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the year:
    Lucy, even if I don't like her, I think she is a boring character she is surely the star of this arc.

Best new character:
    Actually I have two choice for it (in the truth I really liked even Flare, but after Raven Tail defeat she only reappeared only once in the chapter 298).
    For this reason I vote for both Minerva and Kagura.

Best fight of the year:
    For the battle fight I vote for Kagura vs Yukino, in that fight Kagura appeared really strong, she gave me a feeling of power.

For the contest I vote for the fourth contest, because there is Lluvia that is my favourite character and even because Minerva torture Lucy, which is something that I really liked since I do not like Lucy, she is boring and has only big tits.

Funniest moment of the year:
    I really liked all the fantasies of Lluvia, the chapter about Gildzart and the chapter 298, even when Mira humiliates Jenny, but I vote when Urtear makes lose Gerard against Jura.

Worst character:
    It's without any doubts Ivan, to describe him I take the words of Flare http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/18.

Worst new character:
    Even for this the winner is without any doubts Bacchus.

Worst fight of the year:
    Fairy Tail vs Executors.
    In the truth I don't liked even how ended Flare vs Lucy, because I could accepte that Flare needed assistance but I hoped that she would tried to stop Lucy's attack (in the truth I did not liked only in the manga, in the anime that episode is in my top 3, perhaps because the animators give more time to the first part and when Flare was hurting Lucy).

Best Moment of the Year:
    Counting that I am a Lluvia fan and for that a Lluvia-Gray fan my best moment was this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/282/19 (because Gray showed that he has feeling for Lluvia, otherwise he would not blushes).

Revelation of the Year:
    It's that Milliana says to Erza that Kagura wants to kills at all costs Gerard.

Pairing of the Year:
    Erza and Gerard is too easy to pick, Lluvia and Gray except for the chapter is the same, so I pick Elfman and Evergreen (in the truth they are already a couple, they must only make the announcement).

Worst Moment of the Year:
    It's the chapter 304, because this makes clear that Quattro Puppy and the two girl of Mermaid Hell, Beth and Arania have not their time to shine (I wanted to see more particularly from Beth, Arania).

The revelation that the one that was wearing the Bunny costume was Nichiya.

I have not a most boring moment of the year.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

• Character of the year:
    Laxus turning personality by 180° since his fight with Natsu and Gazille
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/286/25
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/6
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/7
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/10

• Best new character:

Hmm, don't really have one but if it counts I like the Jade dragon

• Best fight of the year:
    No doubt Natsu vs Saber's dragon twins

Can't decide, too many. But the Jade drgaon owns.

• Worst character:
    Minerva (feat. Aquarius
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/291/10)

• Worst new character:
    Minerva

• Worst fight of the year:
    Hmm, didn't like the fight against the order of the hungry wolves

[• ]Best Moment of the Year
    Elfman, Laxus ans Natsu owning

[• ]Revelation of the Year
    Acnologia being formerly a human

[• ]Pairing of the Year
    -
    [• ]Worst Moment of the Year
    Everything with Mineva involved

[• ]Worst Revelation of the Year

[• ]Most Boring Moment of the Year
    Last edited by Rarhyx; January 06, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the year
    Lucy. The amount of trolling she endures is beyond ridiculous, but she takes it head-on.

Best new character
    Bacchus

Best fight of the year
    Gray vs Rufus

Dragon slayers with motion sickness dragging themselves on the end of the chariots like noobs:P

Worst character
    Sting

Worst new character

Minerva

Worst fight of the year
    Those irrelevant fights that were seen in one panel only, like Milliana vs Semmes

Best Moment of the Year
    Elfman like a true man raising his hands in triumph over Bachus, signaling the return of Fairy Tail

Revelation of the Year
    That Acnologia was a Dragon Slayer

Pairing of the Year
    Erza x Jellal

Worst Moment of the Year
    Raven Tail cheating in Lucy vs Flare fight

Bunny being Nichya

Probably the executioners fights

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Character of the year
    Natsu.

Best new character
    Bacchus

Best fight of the year
    Natsu vs. Rogue and Sting - the best show so far in this tournament, slightly above the fan service match of Mirajane vs. Jenny.

Kana pulling Fairy Glitter...

Worst character
    Sting, Minerva, Frosch, Lecter, Rogue, Gemma - take one.

Worst new character
    Gemma

Worst fight of the year
    Naval Battle. Because Aquarius left.

Best Moment of the Year
    Sting and Rogue losing to Natsu.

Revelation of the Year
    Bunnycat Nichiya.

Pairing of the Year
    Not taking part here, sorry.

Worst Moment of the Year
    Any moment showing Minerva being a total bitch.

None. I didn't feel any revelation was bad.

None. I was entertained, and that's enough.

New Reply