Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Ashura & Indra = Naruto & Sasuke, Hagoromo & Hamura = ???

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner denma12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ashura & Indra = Naruto & Sasuke, Hagoromo & Hamura = ???

Not sure if this will matter in the story or not but I would like to discuss something. Everybody now knows that Naruto & Sasuke are the reincarnation of the brothers Ashura & Indra. Well, What about Kaguya's Sons Hagoromo & Hamura. Were they reincarnated into another person? When Kaguya made her return in the previous chapter she first wondered if Naruto & Sasuke were Hagoromo & Hamura then figured they were Ashura & Indra.

But anyways, I'm not sure about Hamura, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say Hagoromo was Jiraiya. What do you all think? Doesn't Jiraiya in Sage Mode look kinda similar to Hagoromo and also The Toad Sage Gamamaru told them about the "Child of Prophecy". I know there's other things i left out but thats a start.

Not sure if this can strike up a good discussion, but I like to know everyone's opinion, Who is/was the reincarnation of Hagoromo & Hamura if you think they had one.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by denma12; June 05, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ashura & Indra = Naruto & Sasuke, Hagoromo & Hamura = ???

To be honest, I doubt there are reincarnations of either Hagoromo or Hamura. Hagoromo, we know, is just floating around watching the world go by, only moments ago he intervened and handed his power over to Naruto and Sasuke. That would seem to exclude him. And Hamura seems more likely to take the same role, or simply hasn't entered the cycle for another reason, some have mentioned the eerie similarity to the Shinigami. We've seen incarnations of Ashura and Indra, and they're pretty powerful because of this. I'd find it hard to believe that there's an incarnation of someone as over-powered as Hamura that's been walking around, and that Hagoromo failed to mention it. That wouldn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by Impossibility; June 05, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well...jiraiya could be direct decendant...like kimmimaru
    but,definitely not a reincarnation....only indra and ashura fall into this catagory
    so in hind sight,naruto would never have been since jiraiya was still alive
    madara cheated this cycle...that is his reasoning
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody. If Hagoromo had been reincarnated inside of anyone he wouldn't have appeared inside of Naruto and Sasuke's inner worlds. He even said he's been watching the fights between the reincarnations of his children. I would think that if he were living inside of a person alive during Hashirama and Madara's generation he would have acted, and also had the strength to stop their conflict somehow. So his "watching" was happening from whatever spiritual realm he resides in.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure they could work like that. Unlike the sages' power the powers ashura and indre had were passed down to the folllowing generations in pretty much the same way. Their chakras pretty much stick to people like that. In turn there is no one that has the actual powers of the sage, his powers split with his sons. I guess we can make some sort of a case for madara who added mokuton to his body and used the rinnengan. Haguromo did make the point that madara was drawing his chakra closer and that he was close to drawing kaguya's. In that regard perhaps madara was the reincarnation of the sage and kaguya.... With hamura we can have presumably the same scenario, his powers split in future generations so there is no one for his chakra to stick to.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's next powerups would come from hamura. So it's either naruto will able to summon his soul just like he did to hagaromo's soul as a forefather from the uzumaki clan or he'll just going to summon it via the shinigami.

I think hagaromo's power alone can't defeat kaguya. So naruto needs hamura's power to fulfill his role as the destined child.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but...we can all agree jiraiya is special...kinda like kimmimaru

this point of the OP i agree with

those hair jutsus of his...remind you of kaguya floating/suspended by hers
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya has nothing that makes him "special". Chouji has the same damn hair jutsu that Jiraiya does, is he special too?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Hagoromo and Hamura = Sasuke and Naruto as well or Minato and Sasuke's dad. Believe it!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lomami's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The rikudo sennin didn't mentionned fighting hard against his brother so we can assume he is a good spirit. My guess is that as a transmigrator he melts his soul with someone with influence on situation but not directly in charge (Indra and Ashura's incarnations), restraining himself to get into the scene. His former incarnation could be Nidaime Hokage (treating his older brother has his nephew !) and the actual one Kakashi. He just got his own body integrity back so he can trigger a different source of power. I want to see the fangs under the mask !

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Hamura is in fact the Death God as some people are suggesting and perhaps this is why the Edo Tensei are unaffected by the Infinite Tsukiyomi (due to his influence).

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply