Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I WAS RIGHT - On Zetsu being the big bad <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I WAS RIGHT - On Zetsu being the big bad

Black Zetsu is a wood clone grown from Hashirama's DNA, along with some of Madara's chakra.

People put their chakra in other people/things all the time in Naruto, haha. Or other people's chakra into themselves... kinda gross when you think about it. Seems like Kishi has a spooge fetish or something...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    If this is the case, then I would have expected Zetsu [black] to stay in the shadows during the war as oppose to engaging in direct combat. Now he's under the threat of death with little chance of reuniting with the Jyuubi.
    HAW "under threat of death"? He's pinned to the ground by a newbie Mist swordsman. Black Zetsu is feigning defeat, and probably just waiting for the jyuubi to complete its Pokemon-like evolution.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Chojirou is even a Mist Swordsman suggests that he is already one of the most powerful shinobi in Kirigakure, demonstrated by how easily he captured Zetsu. Secondly, his assault on the feudal lords made no sense because once the alliance is destroyed they have no power to command. I would expect the ultimate mastermind to have a master mind and not be fooled by some makeshift feudal dummies. Note, he's also a sensor type.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Well since the Uchiha now have some sort of neurological damage the chance of Obito becoming nice again should be wiped out unless Naruto becomes a brain surgeon.
    Hey dude don't even joke around about that. Madara had to have had a handy surgeon under his employ to transplant his eyes into Nagato, so I assume Hashirama's cells gave Zetsu the innate ability to perform delicate eye surgery. Tsunade created medical ninjutsu and now Tobirama can see cells. Naruto could become a brain surgeon who uses his Uzumaki sealing powers to seal away mental disorders, starting with those wacky Uchiha.

I've made my head hurt. I need to go think about other things now.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

The fact that Chojirou is even a Mist Swordsman suggests that he is already one of the most powerful shinobi in Kirigakure, demonstrated by how easily he captured Zetsu. Secondly, his assault on the feudal lords made no sense because once the alliance is destroyed they have no power to command. I would expect the ultimate mastermind to have a master mind and not be fooled by some makeshift feudal dummies. Note, he's also a sensor type.
    The Mist seems like it's in about as good of shape as the Sand, as far as number of talented shinobi left alive. I don't consider Choujiro to be anymore powerful than say, Temari, until we see more of what he can do. There's a lot of foreshadowing on black Zetsu's power though, which is why I don't think he's truly been off-paneled.

His attack on the feudal lords was stupid, but I feel like that was an example of a plot thread that Kishi had in his head and committed to setting up in a previous chapter, but abandoned making it a plot point. *shrug*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

no DUDE u are WRONG zetsu is not the biggest bad, hes just a pawn, deal with it

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how you wish to interpret this panel, which in my opinion shows Obito's right arm responding to Madara's chakra. But other than that I haven't seen any other indication that Zetsu was/is manipulating Obito post-Madara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    snip
    A pretty nice theory. This very well could be. I also was a little taken aback when Zetsu said "I am the land itself". The thing about the jyuubi that supports the theory is the same thing that goes into determing it's sentience. And for a few chapters, I think Madara has foreshadowed that the Jyuubi is much more than he can probably handle. For example, he's alluded to it being important to strengthen their bond/control over the jyuubi. Madara hasn't been worreid about anyone or anything else - except for the losing control of the 10 tails.

I also think that the disclosure of natura lenergy can play a role into the theory. Zetsu being 'the land itself' would be like a natural affinity to... nature itself. When Naruto, Kurama or Bee or whoever it was commented on the the jyuubi's 'natural energy', I think that was also pretty critical.

So we'll see. "My" will may not have necessarily been Madara, but rather the essence and will of the jyuubi which was, perhaps, using Madara as it's vessel. Pretty nice theory there. Manifesting itself within an Uchiha who had the cells of a Senju. And now, on the verge of truly being free again.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    So we'll see. "My" will may not have necessarily been Madara, but rather the essence and will of the jyuubi which was, perhaps, using Madara as it's vessel. Pretty nice theory there. Manifesting itself within an Uchiha who had the cells of a Senju. And now, on the verge of truly being free again.
    This latest chapter that describes a change in chakra dictating a change in the brain and then eyes is even more fishy. If those sharingan mechanics are the same for unlocking the rinnegan, something must have happened to Madara's chakra and brain after unlocking the rinnegan. Presumably this gave him some instinctive drive to summon the juubi's corpse from space, otherwise how the hell would he have gotten that idea? Once the Gedo's rods impaled Madara the first time, the juubi's will was attached to him and it's all history from that point.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    no DUDE u are WRONG zetsu is not the biggest bad, hes just a pawn, deal with it
    You have routed me quite thoroughly, good sir! I shall withdraw my blasphemous claims and return to the idea-less pit from whence I crawled- oh wait, that part is about you.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Depending on how you wish to interpret this panel, which in my opinion shows Obito's right arm responding to Madara's chakra. But other than that I haven't seen any other indication that Zetsu was/is manipulating Obito post-Madara.
    Unless Kishi just completely had no idea what he was doing with Tobi, why give him the same personality that really only the Zetsu seem to collectively have? I don't think that Tobi has been warped directly by the Gedo like Nagato and presumably Madara were, but I refuse to believe that his Zetsu infusion had no effect on his personality. It's not like the white Zetsu are all distinct entities either- they seem to be straight up born with a cooky, carefree personality... and I seriously doubt Madara made them that way on purpose. IT'S FISHY, IS ALL I'M SAYIN'

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive theory, to be honest zetsu has long been one of my favourite akatsuki but now I find his origin story to be so lame, created by hashirama cells and infused with madara's "will".

he's like their child... would explain all the gays jokes about those two.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    i have nothing against your theory but i missed the part where you proved you were right as the topic suggests
    It was tongue-in-cheek. Maybe tongue-through-cheek.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The original zetsu is dead buddy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i see zetsu showing up after obito has a change of heart and he will rip the real white zetsu from his body killing him in the manner he would have died, zetsu has many things going for him having hashiramas genes,, thousands of sharingans, the rinnegan , the knowledge of both obito and madara, also what kind of benefit does he get from eating the corpses, and he will control the jyuubi

zetsus potential is unlimited

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post

The original zetsu is dead buddy.
    Yeah, black Zetsu is pinned to the land. Which he claims to be. Idk, usually when villains are off-paneled like that, there's a wee bit more to it than "WELP GAME OVER GOOD GUYS WIN EVERYONE GO HOME"

"Original" doesn't mean anything in the face of a character who is a clone. Do you think the white Zetsu Sasuke killed was the very first one Madara made or something? Even if it was, does that make it special somehow?

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Gats
    No talk about the last chapter outside its thread for 24h. Thanks.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An image dedicated to this thread. Zetsu, the Magician's Assistant.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Yeah, black Zetsu is pinned to the land. Which he claims to be. Idk, usually when villains are off-paneled like that, there's a wee bit more to it than "WELP GAME OVER GOOD GUYS WIN EVERYONE GO HOME"

"Original" doesn't mean anything in the face of a character who is a clone. Do you think the white Zetsu Sasuke killed was the very first one Madara made or something? Even if it was, does that make it special somehow?
    Yes, in a way it does. It had the most Intel on things I guess....eh what do I know...

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast