Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: I WAS RIGHT - On Zetsu being the big bad <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I WAS RIGHT - On Zetsu being the big bad <3

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    yep zetsu was the big bad

but answer me this

if black zetsu was strong enough to take over obito and take over madara

why didnt zetsu easily capture all of the jinchurikis?
    It's not a matter of being "strong enough". IMO, the moment Madara unlocked that third eye was the moment that Zetsu was capable of taking control. He did a similar thing to Obito when he unlocked some measure of Sagely power, so we have to assume that Zetsu's ability to "take over" people is limited to those that possess either Zetsu-related biology (Obito is half-Zetsu), or a "power similar to Kaguya's".

You see Zetsu become more rebellious and active the more the beasts come together/the shinju is spawned/a closer sage is created/Moon's Eye is implemented/etc. It all pretty much ends with whatever the connection is between the shinju and Kaguya, which is still pretty unclear. But it seems Zetsu is in the middle of it all somehow.

It's a good week for badluckartist.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

"You may think of this as half of me". Does that mean that black and white Zetsu are the polar ends of Kaguya's personality, like I had thought they were for her son? Also, now I'm 89% sure that Zetsu is the entity that saved Madara after his first "death" against Hashirama. It makes sense that he would eventually produce white Zetsu and that his second "life" would end with black Zetsu exiting his body. Inyoton is scary shit lol

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kaguya became pregnant by eating the shinju fruit...that is the connection
    Last edited by gnut; May 30, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seeing the chapter it would seem like the scenario was that there was a third big bad behind everything (tobi then madara then kaguya) rather than zetsu being the big bad itself. The question would be how exactly kaguya pulled this off.... Realistically speaking madara being the big bad was already implausible enough and downright absurd. Zetsu is a plant so I will venture a guess that he originally hatched from kaguya himself. He simply had to trick madara into thinking he created the zetsu rather than the zetsu being older than kaguya. It is a tad weird that madara got the rinnengan in his old age.... He had uchiha powers and senju powers however we saw others like that who did not have rikudo powers (obito, danzo). I will venture a guess and say that kaguya, through zetsu, probably triggered the rinnengan appearance. If zetsu originated from kaguya it would not be such weird an occurrence. Zetsu would originate from a power which transcends that of the rikudo and the jubi.

From what I gather kaguya's sons had a similar deal to the rikudo's sons, each got a half of their parents power. So perhaps the next stage of the manga will be who gets the powers of the rikudo's other brother? That would be a terrible development though.... It would be as horrible as when nagato went and revived everyone. I wonder if sakura will have a role to play here in that regard. Sakura is too afflicted with humanity to make a difference in a fight involving divine beings like naruto or madara, it would make sense that her struggle for relevance would end with her also being a divine being of sorts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so black zetsu/kaguya has been trying to get indra the rinnegan from the very beginning....

seeing how you need the rinnegan to summon GM and create white zetsus....yin/yang

i'm not joking about the pregnancy thing...she produced two sons...if she used mugen tsukiyomi,who was there to father them?
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I WAS RIGHT - On Zetsu being the big bad

Quote Originally Posted by hawaplop View Post
    Hate to break it to,you but I posted this years ago.
    Really? Good thing I'm not that lazy to prove you wrong.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...su#post2250090
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaplop View Post
    What about madara becoming the juubi
    Naruto is then forced to use shikii fuujin to seal madara/juubi and Sasuke
    Thus ending all the bad guys (assuming kabuto and zetsu are dealt with, altho I don't even see zetsu as an evil entity, more of like madaras pet)
    The war is pretty much bringing everyone together as it is
    If madara and Sasuke are dealt with by naruto, it should giveoff a feeling of togetherness, the fact that a konoha ninja would give his life for everyone and not just his own country/village, you would think it would bring peace

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    kaguya became pregnant by eating the shinju fruit...that is the connection
    That's awesome. Didn't someone made a theory about sasuke who'll likely to eat the shinju's fruit just to become stronger comparable to naruto?

Then if that were the case, then it means sasuke will also likely to get pregnant?

So if I were a sasuke fan, I wouldn't dare to make an assumption about sasuke and the shinju's fruit.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    It's kaguya. It's her will inside of zestu.
    so why did kaguya (the moon priestess) choose to come out at this specific point? why not sooner?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    so why did kaguya (the moon priestess) choose to come out at this specific point? why not sooner?
    Obviously she wanted Madara to do all the work, and didn't have the power to beat him through zestu.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Obviously she wanted Madara to do all the work, and didn't have the power to beat him through zestu.
    good point, and she could not have resurrected the jyubi without him, also the version of zetsu she used to take over madara, was also stealing power from obito, who still had left over jyubi power

so it does make a little bit more sense

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

probably , Mugen tsukiumi released her power ...

probably RS knew this ( cause he and his brother defeated / sealed her ) and that why he shows himself to Naruto and Sasuke .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, seeing the chapter it would seem like the scenario was that there was a third big bad behind everything (tobi then madara then kaguya) rather than zetsu being the big bad itself. The question would be how exactly kaguya pulled this off.... Realistically speaking madara being the big bad was already implausible enough and downright absurd. Zetsu is a plant so I will venture a guess that he originally hatched from kaguya himself. He simply had to trick madara into thinking he created the zetsu rather than the zetsu being older than kaguya. It is a tad weird that madara got the rinnengan in his old age.... He had uchiha powers and senju powers however we saw others like that who did not have rikudo powers (obito, danzo). I will venture a guess and say that kaguya, through zetsu, probably triggered the rinnengan appearance. If zetsu originated from kaguya it would not be such weird an occurrence. Zetsu would originate from a power which transcends that of the rikudo and the jubi.
    You missed Pain in that assessment of villainy. "AL" as we used to call him, was a huge villain for the first chunk of Part II, before Jiraiya's death and Tobi's "Madarafication".

Zetsu as we know him was "created" from Madara's onmyouton- that is, he was imagined and given form, and then that form had life breathed into it. But the willpower that was the spawn of that form? More than Kaguya I think it comes from the juubi itself, whatever the "sealed god" ends up being. Zetsu- "despair"- is the singular link between Nagato/Obito/Madara, and especially the motivation of Indra's entire bloodline.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe madara summoning GM...leaked a little bit of kaguya out...black zetsu
    but,casting MT unlocked the whole seal...releasing her

so you are right bro...black zetsu was the big bad "kaguya" afterall....
    seeing how oro and the kages were ETed thru white zetsu...i can see why black zetsu is black and only one at a time...
    it was a being already...maybe just a partial being(kaguya)...but a being none the less
    instead of some flesh pile like white zetsu

she/he/it convinced madara of that bullshit...that he created it
    ofc...it doesn't take much to play on madara's ego...look at black zetsu's words to him...
    Last edited by gnut; June 10, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    she/he/it convinced madara of that bullshit...that he created it
    ofc...it doesn't take much to play on madara's ego...look at black zetsu's words to him...
    "Failed experiments who always talked too freely in front of their master" indeed. Madara's lines were all such cliche villain cheese that the stronger he was sure about something, the more I was sure about that very thing undoing him in some way. Hashirama (Ashura's conflict manifesting in not only Naruto, but Sasuke as well), Obito's betrayal, Zetsu's betrayal, that cute "Tell the user to beware foreign jutsu" bit... he was made from the gound-up to be a stepping stone villain, just like Tobi.]

I still can't believe people thought either of them were big bad material.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5