Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6 / 10)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

3 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

9 37.50%
  • 6 (Average)

7 29.17%
  • 5 (Below Average)

1 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.17%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 4.17%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

2 8.33%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 135 Discussion / 136 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 135 Discussion / 136 Predictions

Rubel hints that Dae must be hiding some secret about Priscilla..perhaps one that made her such a superior awakened being.
    With the Organization creating Alicia and Beth, we have to understand that they were already in training before Priscilla even became Rank #2. even before Teresa was out of training.
    Right after Rafaella was expelled, she heard townsfolk speaking about two twins being taken to the Organization.
    It was after this that she met Teresa (as a trainee) in the forests.

I don't believe that Priscilla was a failed experiment.
    In fact, I doubt she was even an experiment to begin with.
    Remember how Rimuto was questioning the Black Men about Priscilla's arm that was retrieved when Raki was captured.
    It appears that the Organization was not aware of Priscilla's awakening nor even her power.
    Instead, it seems like only Rubel and Dae were aware, perhaps Rubel with the planning, and Dae with the specifics of Priscilla, as demonstrated when he smiles about this "secret" he's been hiding.

Certainly it could all be a setup; having a village so isolated in the mountains with no money to buy a Claymore's services. (oh god that sounded awkward)
    And we also know that the Organization intentionally picks which humans to be Yoma hosts; so is it truly a coincidence that future Claymore Priscilla's father would turn out to be the Yoma?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^That's pretty much a theory put forth quite some time ago by Goral. The theory was (basically, w/some variation) that Rubel and/or who-knows had possibly interfered with Priscilla's sudden number 2 ranking, and that it's even possible that that proper Organization command structure were not fully aware of her No.2 promotion. Then she was put deliberately in a situation that would encourage her to awaken and/or Orsay (Teresa's handler) also had it out for Teresa for god-knows-what. Plenty of Claymores before and since have done far worse things than Teresa did (Ophelia good example) and didn't get an immediate death warrant.

Then far ahead in time, Dae (who suspected something weird) threw Priscilla's arm down and asked "WHO'S ARM IS THIS?!" knowing that a traitor(s) were present somewhere in that room. So far I've come to believe that something like this is the only reason that the Organization had not only been ignorant of Priscilla and everything that happened that day a long time beforehand, but in fact they should have been hyper-aware of Priscilla's possible existence as an AB/AO.

Other people can counter this theory easily by saying that Irene was also missing from that crime scene and so the Organization could have just assumed that Irene had committed something bad enough to explain the whole thing away. And this is a good point. But personally, I will always stick with this theory above b/c it's the only good way to explain such a serious oversight.

And I just figure that we'll never be given a reveal as to why the Organization was so incredibly incompetent when it came to Priscilla, regardless.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the ideas on this page, they look to me like something that Rubel would do.
    I can't wait to see what Daae has to say to us regarding Priscilla, maybe it will be something that will make our jaws to drop to the ground.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible theories could be that Dae might have added additional Yoma flesh/blood to Priscilla, or possibly incorporated direct flesh from the Askaram...
    Although with those very ambiguous translations, it might be possible that there's not really anything Dae is hiding.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there had to have been conspiracy of silence involved with Priscilla way back then at that point.

I had forgot to mention the most obvious of everything: Rubel himself knew exactly what happened that day b/c he had to have made Clare tell him; and not only that, he plainly told Clare that he knew that not only that Priscilla was an AB but also that she was of the most powerful class of AB.

^No other Organization member in the entire story ever once mentioned Priscilla's existence, let alone her potential to at least be a rough equivalent of Riguald (and I'm just saying at least, for intelligence gathering/crime detection sake). And intelligence gathering and crime detection was supposed to be something that the Organization took seriously.

The only individual who could have very plainly spelled all of this out was Clare. Rubel obviously made Clare tell him the entire story before he granted her wish of putting Teresa's head into her flesh, and we know that Clare hated to/would never speak of this matter ever again (Clare never talked about Priscilla or ANYTHING about that until she was pulled out of the blob).

And, if Rubel were somehow not a traitor, then quite plainly Rimuto and the rest of the council should have known the entire story this whole time. But they plainly didn't. Or, they all had a mass case of dementia, somehow.

I know that Rubel at least was involved in a coverup just due to the plain facts above. To me, either Dae was also involved, or he wasn't and he's about to turn around and shove a knife into Rubel's ribs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^you see ... stuff like THIS is stuff that an entire modern chapter that is based on Priscilla's past should actually be based around. It should be based around the last lingering loose ends on Priscilla's details that we already didn't know.

This is yet another thing that Goral and others pointed out. We shouldn't have to create our own theories about "pris's daddy" and w/e minor stuff, but why that the only 2 surviving Organization members are even at the scene in the first place. Stuff like this should be first and foremost.

All the crap flashpoint is just a 100x told flashback but I understand that it was well-drawn *unlike the several chapters prior* I mean, why even show the last 2 remaining Organization men on horses for like 4 chapters just smiling and standing around if it takes another 3 chapters for one of these guys to drop something important like this? Instead what the reader gets is is a total re-hash of stuff we already knew, in total heavy-handed fashion.
    --------
    chapter would have been much/much/much better served by explaining how the fck Riful-Duff came into existence and completely ignored the Priscilla/daddy thing. Because, btw, no one to this day even knows a damn thing about that at all, and Riful-Duff is about to die //// so yeah, it is called "priorities in storytelling"!! and Riful-Duff's is already a cheap plot device as it stands right now. Storytelling is totally F'ED to the max.
    Last edited by fluorideconspiracy; February 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful-doll (oh, is that what we've officially dubbed it?) seems to be doing quite well at the moment.
    Although we all know Priscilla will just end up beating her again like with Isley.
    To be honest, the flashback inserted certainly seems important to Yagi.
    Why waste a whole month's work on simply a flashback?

Because it has something to do with the plot.
    Perhaps there's something we overlooked/missed in the flashback that Dae knew, and that's the secret.

I also agree with the conspiracy.
    It's quite obvious that the Organization has been clueless about the whole Priscilla incident.
    The only person who knew or even suspected that Irene was still alive was Rafaella, and I'm sure Rubel confirmed it for her.
    And Rubel also seemed to be incredibly knowledgeable during his conversation with Clare in the earlier chapters.
    Since Dae is the experimental director, he probably knew about Priscilla, but obviously didn't know about her true strength and what she turned out to be.
    Knowing Dae, he probably tweaked up Priscilla or did something "experimental" about her, then long forgot about it, assuming it was a failed tweak-up.
    However, it seems like Dae has started to remember Priscilla, and there seems to be something different or special about this Claymore that even Rubel does not know about; possibly the defining distinction that made her so "superior" to the Awakened Beings.

Furthermore, it seems like Dae rather knew Priscilla's past quite well.
    It does seem reasonable that he and Rubel may have been in on the plan.

And yeah, still anxious on the confirmation of the Riful-doll; is it Riful on Super Mode, or is it Riduff (aka Riful V2)?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

we didn't need a flashback for Priscilla

thats why this chapter is in the rubbish bin for me.

I was looking forward to Priscilla killing Riful in an instant, but we'll wait for the next
    chapter for it.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    I was looking forward to Priscilla killing Riful in an instant, but we'll wait for the next
    chapter for it.
    I seriously doubt we will see this in next chapter.
    If people's predictions are correct next chapter will be more flashback + some Prissy vs. Riful action. But Prissy killing Riful won't happen for at least one more chapter, anything after that is pure guess.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; February 13, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This other charter will focused more in Cassandra with two or three pages reference to Priscilla, :

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely more input from Dae regarding Priscilla's "unique" past.
    I'd assume Yagi will want to update us on Cassandra's current condition, seeing that we only got a glance of Clare in Chapter 135.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Riful-doll (oh, is that what we've officially dubbed it?) seems to be doing quite well at the moment.
    Although we all know Priscilla will just end up beating her again like with Isley.
    To be honest, the flashback inserted certainly seems important to Yagi.
    Why waste a whole month's work on simply a flashback?

Because it has something to do with the plot.
    Perhaps there's something we overlooked/missed in the flashback that Dae knew, and that's the secret.

I also agree with the conspiracy.
    It's quite obvious that the Organization has been clueless about the whole Priscilla incident.
    The only person who knew or even suspected that Irene was still alive was Rafaella, and I'm sure Rubel confirmed it for her.
    And Rubel also seemed to be incredibly knowledgeable during his conversation with Clare in the earlier chapters.
    Since Dae is the experimental director, he probably knew about Priscilla, but obviously didn't know about her true strength and what she turned out to be.
    Knowing Dae, he probably tweaked up Priscilla or did something "experimental" about her, then long forgot about it, assuming it was a failed tweak-up.
    However, it seems like Dae has started to remember Priscilla, and there seems to be something different or special about this Claymore that even Rubel does not know about; possibly the defining distinction that made her so "superior" to the Awakened Beings.

Furthermore, it seems like Dae rather knew Priscilla's past quite well.
    It does seem reasonable that he and Rubel may have been in on the plan.

And yeah, still anxious on the confirmation of the Riful-doll; is it Riful on Super Mode, or is it Riduff (aka Riful V2)?
    riful doll is a name made up because how hollow it seems. it is but a thing shaped like riful was, much like how a doll is made in the shape of a human. it also fits considering riful's child like form.

the biggest difference here is already shown. while pricilla tore off isley's arm in an instant, and isley surrendered, when priscilla did that to riful doll, riful doll just tore off her arm immediately after, apparrently doing it while regenerating if the picture tells right (much like priscilla can), and just awakened her arms and legs and continued.

people keep on expecting this to be a short, blunt victory for priscilla. obviously people have no been paying enough ttention to a few key factors, such as the riful doll's incredible power, the fact it withstood the destroyer possessed priscilla's attempt to tear her head off, not to mention now she just tore off priscilla's arm in an instant and ruined priscilla's mockery. the biggest fact is that she was doing all of that without fully changing into an awakened form, and is in fact still not fully changed yet.
    i am sitll thinking priscilla will win, i do not lie, but this is a match of two beings on the same level.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

How hilarious would it be if Tabitha/Yuma/cynthia pulled out Roxanne's personality instead of Cassandra's somehow. OMG that would be hilarious.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hh707 View Post
    How hilarious would it be if Tabitha/Yuma/cynthia pulled out Roxanne's personality instead of Cassandra's somehow. OMG that would be hilarious.
    I pray he doesn't do that ! As much as I like Roxanne I like Cassandra more. And would Yagi really bring her back after he had already let Cassandra get her revenge ? I mean anything is possible now considering Riful has came back (even if it is nothing but a shell of the old Riful). I have thought about Roxanne hiding inside Cassandra while using her Yoki synch to mask her presence haha but that would be a little crazy wouldn't it ?

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I loved some characters like Teresa - dead should be stay dead no matter what.
    Even Riful returning is too much, but I understand it was for Priscilla and there was some reasonable explanation like "what remained of her was infected by destroyer". But I am glad because of that - because that brings me hope that there is a chance that Raphaela spared Ilena and that she may return soon to help Ghosts in battle.

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Riful-Doll is a plot device intended to demonstrate that sheer power is not the appropriate method to beat Prissy. Prissy could remain the strongest thing in Claymore and whatever Yagi is cooking between Raki/Clare-Teresa/Priscilla will be what brings her down

New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast