Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6 / 10)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

3 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

9 37.50%
  • 6 (Average)

7 29.17%
  • 5 (Below Average)

1 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.17%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 4.17%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

2 8.33%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 135 Discussion / 136 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 135 Spoiler Thread

Amazing, so as we have all expected Priscilla's super regeneration powers are still as powerful as if was when she fought Isley. About the memory, apparently Yagi wants us to know more how Priscilla became like this much like he showed us the past of Teresa and Clare and by knowing the past, fans tend to feel pity which if Yagi kept her alive, it wouldn't be that bad in the eyes of fans which is not what I want actually but will accept.

The other thing is the form of "Riful" armored with Dauf's rods is quite interesting but more or less not a complete awakening as if Yagi wants to let the fight take more time to bring Priscilla's true powers out since she never had a real opponent to make her bring her true powers out except for the Destroyer and even that was a mindless thing seeking only destruction! Still I'm looking forward for Galatea's translation and I hope it won't take long..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows... This event was one of the most defining memories to Priscilla; I mean, as a child, killing a monster wearing her father's face while he was eating her mother, it had to be pretty traumatizing. Yes we already knew it had happened due to her recalling during her battle against Teresa, but seeing this lenghty flashback makes it seem she is briefly immersing in those memories.
    Or maybe I'm thinking too much.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that you're over thinking it but trying to read what's inside Yagi's head which is more or less on the track to reach there. Without translation, I don't think I can say much other than the obvious but we will see after Galatea's translation.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The only obvious thing is that Priscilla is as badass as ever, even without the Destroyer!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@dany le fou
    It's too early to tell but I doubt that villagers would have anything to say that would be worth so many pages. And Yagi could have shown the same effect in 1-2 pages as I've said. As for traumatizing experience, Clare's was even more traumatizing and yet she didn't go bonkers. In fact it was so traumatizing that we will never see it since her family was killed and she was raped by a youma "wearing" her brother's flesh (not to mention she was used as a toy later and the only other person she loved was killed soon after too).

Sometimes less is better and IMO that is also the case now. Somehow 100 chapters ago he could present the same information in a couple of bubbles but now he is clearly prolonging every chapter. The plot barely moves along and the best proof of that is that you could easily sum up this whole chapter in a couple of sentences without losing any crucial information. In fact the only important thing is that Destroyer is defeated and Cassandra isn't even needed any more (so either she will be used to fight Priscilla or - which is less likely - Priscilla will use her to recharge her batteries once the fight with Riful is over).

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

*shrug* I don't especially care and you think it was too long; we're all entitled to our own opinions and in the end, discussing this won't matter 'cause the chapter is written, and, as littleangel said, none of us can claim to know what's inside Yagi's head. Though I'll admit, the length made it seem like one of those EX chapters about the various characters.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As I expected, it's a big reset of the past two chapters, ending the Destroyer arc for good and with Pris having regained her consciousness starting to setup the big Clare vs Priscilla shodown that we've been waiting for .. what ... 6+ years now? (the actual Manga started publishing in 2001 -12 years ago- , but I'm going to guess that most people know of this manga since 2005/ 2006 at best).

Not to be pessimistic, but I would encourage people to be ready for some massive amounts of deaths among Ghosts, as that is imo the only way to correct the current clusterf* of a story we have (lacks entirely of focus - diluted amoung sudddenly appearing out of nowhere new characters, no Hero point of view for the past 2 years, no re-centering on the Hero and her experience since she came back, etc.).
    I give the Ghosts about 2-3 chapters max to finish playing with Cass and the ABs, and then it's going to be a 10 chapter-ish epic showdown between the Ghosts and Pris, with at least 4+ deaths of important characters (my prediction: Deneve, Tabitha, Miria, Yuma, and a frackton of Warriors like Dietrich and others. Imho Galatea will also probably bite it while doing some sacrifice type last second saving of a Ghost, possibly Clare).
    Last edited by Elandyll; January 29, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

9. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

now this was a chapter. a show of her past ot show she got the advantage, and then expelling the destroyer from her body. however, i would STILL not count the destroyer out just yet. it is fundamentally different form msot other yoki enities in that it does not have a core, aka a vulnerable spot. in its current state, it cannot do anything, but if it gets something to feed off of, like a human or a awakened, it might try to get back in the action.... hell, far as we know the author intends for the destroyer to itnerrupt the fight agaisnt priscill.a

i love how that even after destroying her arm, the riful doll showed she has as much regenerative ability as priscilla and has yet to even start, no more than priscilla herself. hell, she has yet to get serious either, considering she is still only partially in her awakened form even now.
    ....and that smile, nightmare inducing.
    as i keep saying, this is not the same as priscilla fighting anything else. it is more like the fight between isley and that cat abyssal, which ironically is part of the now inert mass. even if priscilla comes out on top, she has a hell of a struggle coming. it is obvious that it is the itnent that this is not just a straw house priscilla is blowign down, but a brick wall. i mean, the last time priscilla got the upper hand her enemy did not manage to land another significant hit on her.
    love that. the riful dolls manages to say something. priscilla gets snarky, doesn't pay attention, and bame, arm is gone in an instant, from a distance. and, as said, only her arms and legs are changed right now.

saw that fake manga. actually i have to admit it is fairly well done.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

for the moment. priscilla is being too arrogant jsut leaving it there though without finishing it off. the destroyer is not like her, nor any other awakened. right now it is without yoki, but if it gets into contact with a human or awakene,d it might get moving again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
    Not to be pessimistic, but I would encourage people to be ready for some massive amounts of deaths among Ghosts, as that is imo the only way to correct the current clusterf* of a story we have (lacks entirely of focus - diluted amoung sudddenly appearing out of nowhere new characters, no Hero point of view for the past 2 years, no re-centering on the Hero and her experience since she came back, etc.).
    I give the Ghosts about 2-3 chapters max to finish playing with Cass and the ABs, and then it's going to be a 10 chapter-ish epic showdown between the Ghosts and Pris, with at least 4+ deaths of important characters (my prediction: Deneve, Tabitha, Miria, Yuma, and a frackton of Warriors like Dietrich and others. Imho Galatea will also probably bite it while doing some sacrifice type last second saving of a Ghost, possibly Clare).
    And this may be it that will trigger Clare to go berserk, she was mad after Lion King killed Flora - and she has known her for only few days. How will she react when Priscilla kill even one Ghost? To who she was good friend for seven years? Let me remind you.
    I am highly skeptical when it comes to Ghosts dying, but hey - that's high possibility too.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    And this may be it that will trigger Clare to go berserk, she was mad after Lion King killed Flora - and she has known her for only few days. How will she react when Priscilla kill even one Ghost? To who she was good friend for seven years? Let me remind you.
    I am highly skeptical when it comes to Ghosts dying, but hey - that's high possibility too.
    and let us realize what she is exactly killing in that picture too. she is killing rigardo, the silver eyed lion. a awakened that might have been declared an abyssal one if not for isley's presence, and whom he actually fought with and survived. not to mention rigardo even survived a scuffle with priscilla ocne too.

and that scene is one of the reasons why i invented the Symbiote fan theory. for there are ties when clare seems to tap into a far greater power than her normal state would imply. not to mention she not only took over the destroyer mass herself, but broke free of it as well, something priscilla struggled with before expelling the parasitic mosntrosity.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    and let us realize what she is exactly killing in that picture too. she is killing rigardo, the silver eyed lion. a awakened that might have been declared an abyssal one if not for isley's presence, and whom he actually fought with and survived. not to mention rigardo even survived a scuffle with priscilla ocne too.
    I know this is Prissy here but this is not the same Clare fro mback then, let us consider Clare now and Clare then - basically the same except that she has Raphaela's memories now as well as master Quicksword. If she do the same thing again she could beat her, at least theoretically ( that's in fact her own idea to beat her, and it could work if not for her 'blocade' ).

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

for there are ties when clare seems to tap into a far greater power than her normal state would imply. not to mention she not only took over the destroyer mass herself, but broke free of it as well, something priscilla struggled with before expelling the parasitic mosntrosity.
    Plot armor?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am wondering how much that is true. indeed she is not, but exactly how much has she changed after being inside of that..... thing for so long? did she simply absorb raphaela's conciousness, or was something left behind by the destroyr? or something changed period about her?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    I know this is Prissy here but this is not the same Clare fro mback then, let us consider Clare now and Clare then - basically the same except that she has Raphaela's memories now as well as master Quicksword. If she do the same thing again she could beat her, at least theoretically ( that's in fact her own idea to beat her, and it could work if not for her 'blocade' ).

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Plot armor?
    whever a character survives soemthing it is because of plot armor. simply by meeting teresa can be considered plot armor in a way.
    more like something hidden than anything. simply put she surpassed rigardo without fulling awakening to begin with. if would been plot armor if she won become a rock fell on his head and distracted him long enough to chop his head off.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

there would have been far, far simpler methods to make clare survive that. perhaps simply the destroyer finally took notice of priscilla. hell i have doubts to this very day that what we saw fight priscilla was truly clare. considering she wasn't wide open, and what we know about what happens when the destroyer fully absorbs a being.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

whever a character survives soemthing it is because of plot armor.
    No.
    When character survives 100% certain death situation more than once - that's plot armor. It's also plot armor when you kill ridiculous number of enemies and exit the fight without a scratch or do some very hard/almost impossible thing and go out without a scratch ( but Claymore didn't go there yet ).
    Good examples in manga are Clare ( too many to mention, most notable one would be her fight against Ophelia. She is near death when suddenly wild Ilena appears ) and Miria ( she survived direct assault on Organization and fight again one of the strongest no. 1 in history ).
    Last edited by Brother Coa; January 29, 2013 at 06:43 PM.

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Thanks Gene and TSS for the early chapter!

Here is my translation! Enjoy!

Memories In the Palpebral

The innocent young girl still doesn't understand the rigid cold rules of this world. She also doesn't know those silver-eyed female warrior called Claymore, or their terrible fate.
    • Young Priscilla: Papa, What is Claymore?
    • Priscilla's Papa: Huh? What's the matter? How did you know this word?
    • Young Priscilla: Because everyone is talking about. Something appear in this village, and we must call the Claymore or else...
    • Young Priscilla: Oh! That's right! It's yoma! Because a yoma appeared in this village, we must call for the Claymore. Papa, do you know what is a yoma?
    • Priscilla's Papa: You don't have to worry about anything, Priscilla.
    • Villager: Damn it! This is the third person already. There really is a yoma hiding in this village. If we don't deal with it, we would only be increasing casualties on our side.
    • Villager: They hide among people, it's impossible to tell them apart from normal people, how are we suppose to deal with it.
    • Villager: After all, the only way is to get a Claymore?
    • Villager: Don't joke, at that expensive price, how could a small village like this afford it.
    • Villager: I heard that if we can't pay up, the Claymore would turn back against the village.
    • Village Elder: Calm down.
    • Villager: Elder!
    • Village Elder: We can't get assistance from Claymore, even a small village has its own solution.
    • Village Elder: This village is consisted of 15 families. Under the circumstances that identify of the yoma is unknown, rather it is a man, woman, elderly, or child, we would select 5 families to be quarantined inside their own homes.
    • Village Elder: The yoma is approximately feeding at every 2 weeks. If after 2 weeks nothing happens, then the families would be released.
    • Village Elder: If we repeat this 3 times or after 6 weeks we would have a result. During this period, we would provide food from outside.
    • Quarantined Villager: What 2 weeks, it is only a guess. What if it just endured a bit, and after it is released, it then starts the next attack, what then?
    • Village Elder: If that's the case, after 6 weeks we would have to restart it all over again. No matter, if something does happen outside, then the quarantined families would be no problem.
    • Village Elder: We would limit the activity of the quarantined families, we would eventually find out which family the yoma is hiding in one day.
    • Village Elder: If during this period, the yoma could keep enduring and not feed, then it is even better for us.
    • Villager: Take this, have this by your side.
    • Villager: If that thing appears in your house, finish it as it is the duty (responsibility) of the family member.
    • Quarantined Villager: Hm... Finally is...
    • Villager: How is it? The 2 weeks living in quarantine.
    • Quarantined Village: Horrible, I don't want to even think about a second time.
    • Quarantined Villager: Have any villagers been attacked?
    • Villager: No, it really endured these 2 weeks.
    • Quarantined Villager: Is it possible it left the village, and feed upon other villages?
    • Villager: The people who came back after leaving the village are put into quarantine for 4 weeks or up.
    • Villager: No one have left this place.
    • Villager: This is an isolated village, even a yoma can't attack another village at night and come back without anyone noticing.
    • Quarantined Villager: With 2 weeks' worth of emptied stomach, the next 5 families are starting to be quarantined?
    • Villager: Should something happens whether it is outside or inside, during this period that these 5 families are being quarantined, there should be a outcome...
    • Priscilla's Papa: Damn it, why does it turn out like this? This method is not right...
    • Priscilla's Mama: But it fit this circumstance. With this method, eventually the yoma would be revealed in hiding at which family.
    • Priscilla's Papa: If that's the case, what would happen to the last family? Locked up in the home until every last member is eaten?
    • Priscilla's Mama: Oh, Eh, That is....
    • Priscilla's Papa: Talking about finishing it as the duty (responsibility) of the family member. Don't be joking, even if it is a yoma who could turn a sword against their family member.
    • Young Priscilla: Papa.... I'm very scared...
    • Priscilla's Papa: It's alright, Priscilla. I already told you, you don't have to worry about anything.
    • Priscilla's Papa: Everyone would definitely go through these 2 weeks safely.
    • Young Priscilla: Eh... Papa... Mama... Papa... Mama.... Peepee...
    • Young Priscilla: Pa...
    • Priscilla's Papa: It's alright. It's alright. It's definitely alright.
    • Priscilla's Papa: I thought... it would definitely be alright. The remaining 2 weeks could definitely be endured passed it.
    • Priscilla's Papa: Damn it. If I have known this already, if I have known it would be like this, then I should have feed at the beginning of these 2 weeks.
    • Priscilla: OhOh! No....
    • Priscilla: Do not again...
    • Priscilla: Do not again remember anymore memories.
    • Lars: Wha... What's the matter?
    • Chronos: Wha...
    • Clare: What's the matter? What happened on that side..?
    • Lars: Hey... hey.. Chronos, what the heck is going on?
    • Chronos: Don't tell me, that thing..
    • Priscilla: Oh, I feel much better...
    • Priscilla: I finally vomit out that thing that was living in my body completely.
    • Priscilla: I have to thank you, this is all thanks to you.
    • Chronos: Wha...
    • Lars: What is she saying? Then it simply meant that...
    • Chronos: The single side that received damages (attacks) was the other monster that was living in that body... As it was battling inside at the same time as well.
    • Chronos: No matter how strong that other monster living in that body was, against 2 monsters with equal or greater powers, this kind of outcome is to be expected.
    • Priscilla: I'm sorry, I have used you a bit.
    • Riful-Doll: Hehe
    • Riful-Doll: With this... Finally that thing that was getting in the way has completely disappeared...
    • Riful-Doll: I can enjoy even more beating you up this time.
    • Priscilla: Eh. That statement of yours is very interesting.
    • Priscilla: Heh... Aren't you just showing off.
    • Rubel: This is an unbelievable scene. I never thought we could witness the battle between beings that surpassed the Abyssals.
    • Rubel: What's the matter? That thing is what your strive for as the top work of the actual thing, are you satisfy?
    • Dae: Kukuku... Very interesting... Really let me say this secretly...
    • Dae: Oh right, I remembered now. That one is named Priscilla, she was a rare young girl with an astonishing past.
    Recovered from the darkness in the memories, defeated the enemy that was inside, Priscilla once again awaken.... Her true power, and what is the truth that Dae has uncovered...?
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; January 31, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

17. Thanks 22 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

OK to those who tink clare can beat Priscilla, how she can do it? Went she can no beat casandra with the help of almost 8 or 10 awakened and 6 ghost I mean it a battle of 18 or 16 vs 1 who is supposed to be imferior to Priscilla that would be a classic ass pull, .
    and riful doll I'm sure that her full awaken form.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast