Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What Can Defeat Priscilla?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. She's Invincible

1 9.09%
  • She'll realize she's a monster and defeat herself

2 18.18%
  • Raki will talk her to death

3 27.27%
  • Claire will shred her to death.

3 27.27%
  • Galatea will pray for God to kill her

2 18.18%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 135 &136 double review.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 135 &136 double review.

Claymore 135 & 136 Double Review.

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get a review up last month. I had the cold from hell. And honestly I didn't really have much motivation for that last chapter. I would have liked to get this months done a little sooner, but a few things slowed me down. Anyways without further ado, here's the review.

Priscilla's Past-
    So we get to see Priscilla as a little girl. Right off the bat it's clear that she and her papa were close. And we see there is a crisis going on at the village her family is living in. A Yoma is preying on the people of the village, and they don't have the money to pay for a Claymore. Fortunately the village elder has a plan. Take turns locking families in their houses until someone gets eaten in the house so they can figure out who the Yoma is! No wonder people hire Claymores if they can afford to. Amazingly it actually works. Well we knew it would. Little Priss catches her father eating the other family members. It seems though that a large amount of his human self still remains, as he is crying about it. And Little Priss takes his head off with the sword given to the family for just that purpose. Well the rest is as they say history. Now lets get back to the present.

Feeling Better-
    Now that she's remembered these painful memories, Priscilla is ready to start feeling better. By vomiting up what's left of the destroyer. Seems the whole time Rifuldoll has just been damaging the Destroyer. As Priss stomps on the Destroyers remains, it looks like the Destroyer is done. Chronos realizes that this whole time Priss has somehow been manipulating it so she and Rifuldoll were double teaming the Destroyer. Looks like the Destroyer is done. But then again, we'll see how Claire, who was also involved in this whole thing has been affected in the long run. Anyways now the fight is going to start for real, and that's fine by Rifuldoll, who transforms. Really it's just the limbs, but you can see traces of both Dauf and Riful in this form.

The Dark Riders-
    And at last Rubel and Dae arrive to witness the struggle. Dae now is able to recognize Priscilla. And he remembers something interesting about her...

Assault On Cassandra-
    This chapter opens with the awakened continuing their attack on Cassandra. And it really looks like they are tearing her apart. Helen figures this is great, but Miria is very worried. After all she wanted to draw out Cassandra's mind. Deneve figures it's fine since whoever wins the Rifuldoll vs Priss fight will be so weakened Chronos and Lars can finish them off. But Miria displays some Genre Savvy and has a bad feeling. But it's the Yoki sensing Claire that realizes just how wrong things are. She claims that Cass should already be back to normal.... And the Synchronization team realizes they can't find any trace of Cassandra's mind... So yeah this time Miria's plan isn't going to work.

Even Match?-
    As for Priss herself, she and Rifuldoll are tearing each other apart. Well okay Priss is taking all the damage, but hey, since when has that actually bothered her. In fact the two look like they are having the times of their lives. I just hope this doesn't end with Priss doing her usual Regenerate, stretch fingers, obliterate combo. It's getting old. Not that Rifuldoll has a chance of winning. Priss is the one with all the plot importance. But I'd like to see her have to work for it. However with the next revelation, that might not be the case...

Dae Explains-
    Dae seems to think this is a good time to explain some of his personal theories about Claymores and Awakened to Rubel. He figures it's hatred towards Yoma that determines their strength. Both how it expresses, such as Offensive type or Defensive type, and how powerful they are. Indeed the Organization has been looking for those who would have an intense hate for Yoma, for just this reason. Or making them. And this might explain why so many of the high ranking Claymores are offensive types. If you hate something, you want to kill it more than anything else. He does however note the twins are an exception. A pretty big one actually if you think about it. Then again Dae was probably most interested in raw power. Oh and we find out that killing a family member that turned into a Yoma is a pretty common even for the stronger Claymores. No that's what makes Priscilla special. What makes her special is that she knew it was actually her father that she killed! And this makes a lot fall into place. Like most of the last chapter (even if I think the first part with the mechanics of the quarantine was unneeded.) He being a justice freak when she was a Claymore? She was trying to deny what happened, and convince herself that no she didn't kill daddy, or at least not think about it. And why even as an awakened she has such mental problems. I don't think Teresa kicking her ass is the only thing she's afraid of. Dae thinks it's the self hatred that comes from being part Yoma that brings out a Claymore's power. Priss had a lot of that, but didn't understand where it came from, and so it created madness. And Chronos has an oh shit moment as he realizes that Priss doesn't actually regenerate. As Dae explains she actually just creates new limbs from nothing, a power Rubel likens to the gods. Her close to human form is more an expression of her madness than anything else. I now think that it's not even her true form. Not any more than the mountain sized statue the Destroyer first appeared as was it's. In fact I think she's much like the Destroyer. Truly just a mass of Yoki, taking that form. And since Cass ate Roxanne, Priss has taken it over completely. Dae thinks that once Cass rejoins Priss her true form will be revealed, and the strongest awakened. One dreads to think that Priscilla can get any more powerful. But we'll see if her creation power truly makes her unbeatable. It could turn out Claire can exceed her creating with destroying for example. Or we may get a talked to death by Raki ending. Personally I want to see the Claire one though.

Standing Tall-
    Back at the Cass fight, Cassandra does something we didn't think she could. She stands up. And what's more her face has changed. Looks like Cass truly is gone, because now it's another Priscilla. Claire recognizes this face. Miria realizes things have just gotten far more dangerous, and warns the other ghosts. The Awakened on the other hand have to learn this the hard way. Not all of them survive the lesson. Octavia does, but looses her legs. As for Claire, judging from the look on her face, she might not be focusing on dodging for much longer. Perhaps Yagi is finally going to let her actually be the main character again?

Winner of the Month-
    Dae. I think I'll give him this one. He reveals a bit about what makes a Claymore, and awakened being, and why Priscilla is so powerful. And I have to wonder if Rubel is worrying about something as powerful as Priss existing.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 135 &136 double review.

I seriously don't know what to think about this chapter/s, Priscilla is now pretty much immortal since she can constantly create new body parts out of nothing ( at least that's what Daae said ). The only way I see Clare defeating her is by some Achilles heel and exploit that, I don't know... we shall see....

But seriously? "Galatea will pray for God to kill her" - why this reminds me of Samurai Jack episode? XD
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You forgot Plan Z:
    Teresa comes back.

And
    Chaos
    ENSUES.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    But seriously? "Galatea will pray for God to kill her" - why this reminds me of Samurai Jack episode? XD
    I always include a Galatea option as a joke. And because she has a rabid fanbase.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if the ending of the manga is more like the end of the anime than many would prefer. On the other hand, Yagi likes to troll.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ending of the manga is more like the end of the anime than many would prefer. On the other hand, Yagi likes to troll.
    maybe it will be like the claymore ds game (no idea on yagi's involvement with that) where Priscilla turns into a blob of pure yoki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ending of the manga is more like the end of the anime than many would prefer.
    No... just no.... that ending was terrible. It's probably the main reason why people hate anime version of Raki.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea well Raki gives them both something to live for.

Without something to live for, Clare and Priscilla both collapse into the abyss of hate.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

The ending of the CM anime wasn't too bad IMO merely that the ending seemed tacked on.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
    maybe it will be like the claymore ds game (no idea on yagi's involvement with that) where Priscilla turns into a blob of pure yoki
    That happened? I had no clue. Funny, cause I can kinda see that happening right now after what Dae said. Now if she's all consuming like the Destroyer was in it's blob state, maybe Claire will pull the same trick she did there, merging with it. Then the final battle would be a mental one.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    That happened? I had no clue. Funny, cause I can kinda see that happening right now after what Dae said. Now if she's all consuming like the Destroyer was in it's blob state, maybe Claire will pull the same trick she did there, merging with it. Then the final battle would be a mental one.
    yea in the ds game she has 3 stages, the two we saw in the anime but her final was the blob.

New Reply