Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6 / 10)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

3 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

9 37.50%
  • 6 (Average)

7 29.17%
  • 5 (Below Average)

1 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.17%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 4.17%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

2 8.33%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 135 Discussion / 136 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 135 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Of course the drawings are important. I've ignored a few popular mangas because the art didn't quite do it for me. And Kubo's art is awesome.

As for the chapter, the first part felt somewhat like padding. Most Claymores seem to carry trauma from when they were humans, so this seemed more like [unnecessary] repetition. Gernot's translation pending of course, but I'm not sure much will change.

Still, being the main villain it makes sense that we would get her back-story. She seems like a nice girl, but perhaps even as a human she was a bit unstable, which was carried over and amplified when she became a Claymore.

Edit: "Unawakened" Riful-Doll was beating the Destroyer, but she just decided to use her true awakened form. Can she put up a fight? Priscilla looks mightily confident.
    i am starting to think the Riful doll might be Duph....the way it was talking "i get to beat you up some more" thats something duph would say .

i wonder how the battle will play out
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly like i predicted (not that it was difficult,lol) chibi-Riful has absolutely no chance against Prissy, her role will probably be just buy some time, at best she could be ble to force Prissy to get her arm back (from Cassy), but nothing more than that.
    Aftr that it will be Claire's time to shine (100% speculation,lol).

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @Ryus
    Yeah, Priscilla killing youma seems far-fetched especially since she was younger than I thought (or just retarded if she needed help of her parents whenever she needed to pee). It's not the first time it had been mentioned though, I remember discussion like this way back. But yeah, it's a valid concern.

Hope dies last. Unfortunately I don't share your optimism and I'm almost sure that no Claymore will die. And even if, they can always ask Dae to resurrect someone by using Priscilla's/Destroyer's/Riful's/Cassandra's bits after they're defeated. With the amount of material lying around he can probably ressurect all Claymores in history . Also, it would still be lame if Deneve, Helen and Miria would die. After all they've had god-mode all this time (so why would it change suddenly?).

I'm starting to think that Clare's big mistake was as simple as it could be, i.e. attacking Priscilla while not being strong enough. If she would fight her then it would mean her death or awakening which would result in exchanging one monster for an even worse monster. So Rafaela, as Teresa's mentor felt responsible for Clare and wanted to help her. And she did that by absorbing her and Priscilla, giving Clare time to train in a Hyperbolic Time Chamber while Priscilla was occupied fighting with Destroyer ;P.
    ........... god mode? kay that is just insulting. read halleuya . the main character totally overhwlmed peole with real martial arts training and one guy who could rip the jaws out of a great white shark. here it shows that they, at least, are overhwhelmed by the opponnent and get hurt. it was stated in the berginning that claymore can heal damage without any future complications, becuase they can regenerate. and deneve strongest skill is regeneration. not to mention they have perhaps the first claymore medic with them.

miria beat a more poewrful opponnent by determining her weaknesses and exploiting them.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i am starting to think the Riful doll might be Duph....the way it was talking "i get to beat you up some more" thats something duph would say .

i wonder how the battle will play out
    except that it was born from the severed remains of riful's lower body.

when hasn't a awakened fought an enemy with beginnign confidence? the wild horse was grinning ear ot ear as she faced off against an enemy that, if she faced alone, would rent her to pieces. hell that would be abyssal one seemed totally confident in her ability to defeat teresa. got torn apart moments later. awakened are arggoant, cruel creatures who do not start revealing panic or fear till they begin to struggle or are being goaded.

never judge an awakened by their exterior. the smug smile, the human expression, does nto represent what is whithin her.

the fact that she managed to pay back priscilla for the arm in an instant i think shows this is jsut starting. not even douf could boast that and he took off the mot flesh from priscilla.
    Last edited by Ancy; February 01, 2013 at 04:54 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    ........... god mode? kay that is just insulting. read halleuya . the main character totally overhwlmed peole with real martial arts training and one guy who could rip the jaws out of a great white shark. here it shows that they, at least, are overhwhelmed by the opponnent and get hurt. it was stated in the berginning that claymore can heal damage without any future complications, becuase they can regenerate. and deneve strongest skill is regeneration. not to mention they have perhaps the first claymore medic with them.

miria beat a more poewrful opponnent by determining her weaknesses and exploiting them.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

except that it was born from the severed remains of riful's lower body.

when hasn't a awakened fought an enemy with beginnign confidence? the wild horse was grinning ear ot ear as she faced off against an enemy that, if she faced alone, would rent her to pieces. hell that would be abyssal one seemed totally confident in her ability to defeat teresa. got torn apart moments later. awakened are arggoant, cruel creatures who do not start revealing panic or fear till they begin to struggle or are being goaded.

never judge an awakened by their exterior. the smug smile, the human expression, does nto represent what is whithin her.

the fact that she managed to pay back priscilla for the arm in an instant i think shows this is jsut starting. not even douf could boast that and he took off the mot flesh from priscilla.
    what i ment was it sounded like something duph would say "beat you up" is a childish thing to say and duph had a childish personality Riful was more refined in how she talked. And is there any proof that the lower body was that of rifuls?(even tho it is) but who knows duph could have transferred his mind into rifuls body who knows lol....i just cant shake it but somehow it dose not "feel" like Riful to me it acts more like duph(and the previous "i hate you" comment again could point to duph) and when riful doll said "now that that thing that was in the way is gone" sounds as if the riful doll was unaware of what the "destroyer" was (when we know for a fact Riful knew what the destroyer was). and if thats so then they may not be related(as the destroyer had some similarity's to Riful dolls body)

and if you noticed Riful doll is lasting and holding prissy back(prissy 1 shoted isely, and takes out most in a few seconds but the riful doll seems more then confidant it seems to have no fear of dieing

I think Riful-doll will put up quite the fight
    Last edited by Ancy; February 01, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    riful doll seems more then confidant it seems to have no fear of dieing
    Does Riful - Doll have any weak point ? I mean isn't it empty ? it appears to be. So if Priscilla hacks away at it wont it still be able to fight ? I think this fight will be more about endurance than actual fighting abilities it'll all depend on who can last longer before falling, kinda like what Miria said to Hysteria "Lets see which lasts longer". I wonder now what part Cassandra plays in this fight, will Priscilla still show interest in her or will she rip her apart, when they eventually cross paths ?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    Does Riful - Doll have any weak point ? I mean isn't it empty ? it appears to be. So if Priscilla hacks away at it wont it still be able to fight ? I think this fight will be more about endurance than actual fighting abilities it'll all depend on who can last longer before falling, kinda like what Miria said to Hysteria "Lets see which lasts longer". I wonder now what part Cassandra plays in this fight, will Priscilla still show interest in her or will she rip her apart, when they eventually cross paths ?
    Maybe Riful doll will overwhelm prissy and she will be forced to flea to were Cassandra is to absorb her(we will get a mini fight and then Cassandra will be absorbed) then the Riful doll will join them and a revitalized prissy will continue there battle.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the coolest-looking AB as of yet (IMO) They just keep rollin' rollin' rollin'♪ in recent chapters...

From the first impression it doesn't seem like Pris needs ElaEla(?), hence spiting her(?) back out and no power-up. I kinda agree with MalakTawus↑↑, I guess the young AB here is here to gauge Pris's power. Thing is, Daae's still on about Pris on the last couple of pages, completely overlooking the Riful/Dauf thing, +probably more back-story for her in the coming chapters. Suggests even more that this kid's just a stepping stone to something epic. So the death flag has been raised for RifDaf.

They are throwing quite a few '!' exclamation marks around, lol, something I use to guess who currently has the upper hand. So for now they're both quite levelled. But really now, as if Pris might lose this one.

I wouldn't think Yagi would design an obviously female child AB and have it turn out to be the male Dauf (@number12michael's comment↑). Then again I'd love to see the RAW of the RAW to check whether its language hints at its gender. Thing is, that's something quite commonly said throughout the manga lol, so I wouldn't call it specifically Dauf speech or any other person's.

As an aside, the Japanese community are already dubbing her as 'Daful-chan' lol. Someone even called her Ramen after this new chapter, for aesthetic reasons.

P.S. Yagi-sensei doesn't have the best drawings I admit, but I can safely say for what Claymore is, it is one of my favs. I have seen manga which I don't find as interesting because you can really tell the artists are trying to avoid drawing faces or full bodies lol, but Yagi-sensei doesn't do that. He's detailed enough in his drawings to keep every panel alive.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah, you could say that 15-ish pages of the Priscilla's flashback was kind of my inspiration for that theory. lol It's just that I find it very odd that Yagi sensei would spend that much pages on it which was something we know already, so I was trying to figure why he would do something like that. I went back to the flashback and found some interesting things as the way it was presented. For instance, Priscilla's Papa's human face is never shown completely until the very end when he transform into a yoma. In addition, although the method that the village came up with was clever, but in finding out where the yoma is hiding also means as Priscilla's Papa pointed out that the family that it was hiding in would be doomed.

Might as well applied that theory to Priscilla's seemingly never satisfying hunger as well.
    We know that yoma is just an infected human, and that the real person is still there somewhere. Thus, to yoma Priscilla's Papa, in his infected and twisted mind, the whole village (essentially all humans) is guilty as they had used the wrong method and forced him to eat his own family. As a result, it created a very strong negative emotion of retribution toward everyone, maybe something along the line I would eat every last one of you for what you did! Thus, this is carried over toward the twisted guardian Priscilla as her unsatisfying hunger. Of course, this is a only minor factor for the existence of the twisted guardian angel, as Priscilla was able to restraint herself from feeding for 7 years after she met young Raki with a faint scent of Clare (Teresa - symbol of her humanity), possibly reminder her of her humanity.

If that theory follow through, then the two mortal enemies Clare and Priscilla are actually very similar as they both have a loved one inside them. However, the major different is that the loved one (yoma father/twisted guardian angel) inside Priscilla wants her live to at all cost which includes forsaking her humanity to do so, where as the loved one (Teresa) inside Clare wants her to live as a human or stay human. Ultimately, it is the path that they are on that make them different. To me, it makes the whole story line between Clare and Priscilla tragically beautiful. Like littleangel stated, instead of feeling that the arrogant bitch is finally done for when Priscilla is finally finish off, there would be more sense of sympathy for Priscilla as she is a tragedy, and for all the wrongs she did, she would redeem herself by dying honorably this time.

~Eureka!~
    Clare's big mistake from Rafaela and how she told Clare to use her body to understand it. Teresa wanted Clare to live as normal human or stay human more than anything else, even after she died and became part of Clare, Teresa still wishes for that. Clare was unable to awaken fully against Priscilla may not only be Jean's wedge (may not even be the main factor), but the true will of Teresa as well. Clare is unable to feel or understand Teresa's true or last will for her to stay human, instead she would purposely forsaken her humanity to get revenge for Teresa. Hence, Clare was sobbing unknowingly and controllably, Teresa inside her crying out for Clare that she would forsaken her humanity for her (Jean might also be some kind of minor factor as well).

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    Clare is unable to feel or understand Teresa's true or last will for her to stay human, instead she would purposely forsaken her humanity to get revenge for Teresa. Hence, Clare was sobbing unknowingly and controllably, Teresa inside her crying out for Clare that she would forsaken her humanity for her (Jean might also be some kind of minor factor as well).
    This line of thinking has been explored before and I'm quite of a fan of it. Did Clare betray Teresa's wishes by becoming a Claymore instead of living a normal human life. This is what Teresa had always wanted for Clare. The life of a Warrior is a lonely path that always ends violently. Teresa did not wish such a destiny for Clare. Parents always want for the children what they could not have or could have experienced.

However, I'm not sure I am fan of the mechanics you propose, God Eye Galatea. I would want Clare to finally realize this "error," instead of having an incarnation of Teresa crying through our heroine. For some reason, I find that it would be dis-genuine if what you propose is true. If she can't, then Clare can live a life of the damned!! That makes for a less cheery outcome but one that may well be as satisfying for us all. A sad ending does not mean a poor ending.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    However, I'm not sure I am fan of the mechanics you propose, God Eye Galatea. I would want Clare to finally realize this "error," instead of having an incarnation of Teresa crying through our heroine. For some reason, I find that it would be dis-genuine if what you propose is true. If she can't, then Clare can live a life of the damned!! That makes for a less cheery outcome but one that may well be as satisfying for us all. A sad ending does not mean a poor ending.
    Actually what I meant is that the crying part already happened. I was explaining possibly the reason why Clare was uncontrollably and unknowningly crying after she wasn't able to fully awaken when she encountered Priscilla shortly after the Destroyer awakened. I feel that Clare is already on a path to fully realize her 'big mistake' since she realized the importance of her meeting with the ghosts and all those people who care for her as she begins to open her heart to them as she told them about her past. Clare is now accepting assistance from her friends for the fight against Priscilla, where as before she would abandon her own humanity and everything to only seek revenge against Priscilla. Living as a normal human would also mean having loved ones (the ghosts, Raki, and etc.) by your side, and remain human which is to keep her humanity as a Claymore and not become an awaken being.
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; January 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    every awakened has a core, avulnerable point. the only exception is the destroyer, which aving no mind, it has no core as well. which means that the black mass on the ground might jsut be exhausted rather than dead. it just needs something to devour.

any awakened or yoma or claymore dies if decapitated otherwise. upper torso and head are the msot vulenrable parts of any yoma or awakened or claymore. while eve the upper torso might not be totally definitive, the head is almsot always. there are some exceptions, such as awakened that have a decoy tactic to them and thus make a simulation of the vulnerable spot. soemtimes if the awakened is in fact large enough ti can at least continue living for a short while longer if decapitated.

not even priscilla could survive decapitation. becuase that is a total system shut down.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

also the doll part remarks to her apparrently souless state as much as her doll like appearance. while it talks, it does not seem to have anything within. it is an echo. but it does retain the general physiology of a awakened, unlike the destroyer.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

that is what i ahve been saying to whoever expects the creature to beo ne shotted any moment.
    the riful doll is a mosnter on priscilla's level. while a part of me thinks that priscilla is sitll the stronger of the two, the same can be said about the battle between isley and the cat like abyssal. isley was the greater, but was severly draiend by their exchange. the difference of power is fairly small it seems.

my theory is that the riful doll is less alive and more like a revenant. a revenant is a wayward soul that seeks revenge. she is an echo of riful and douf. all it knows is its hatred and nothing else.

what i found intersting is that the game has changed now. priscilla freed herself without the need of cassandra. there is a new beyond abyssal here, and the demons of hell aid the warriors. there is no telling what might happen next.
    a lot of people think that this is all jsut stretching the narrative. to be hoenst, it is somewhat, but the author is doing it rather well. the stuff that keeps it going is built up rather than jsut flying out of nowhere. even the riful doll probably has an origin that with make relative sense. hell, he could do a hell of a lot now. far as we know a group of warriors from the mainland could show up next chapter, there so quickly because they had been sent there for one reason or another. the possibilities are numerous.
    then there is bleach..... oh god then there is bleach.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough, there was some life left in the Destroyer (how convenient that it run out of fuel now), but Priscilla just squished it like a bug. A bit anti-climatic.

Seeing as fusions have become official, I suppose Riful-Doll could be a merger of Riful and Dauph (never mind that neither of the two has been shown with an ability like that).

The Destroyer was basically two Abyssal Ones so I can buy it being on Priscilla's level (or close), but Dauph was only a number 3, so it's even more obscure how he and Riful could rise beyond the Destroyer (assuming of course Priscilla is not joking around).

Unless those cat-like beings the Destroyer was throwing around enhanced Dauph that much. Now that I think about it they could have helped with the merger. The problem is, Riful was already dead, and Priscilla literally tore Dauph into pieces. Death should have been immediate. Even if not, I don't think Dauph had enough strength left to try merging with Riful.

Did we ever learn what Dae's detour was? Could have had something to do with that, I wouldn't put it beyond him. On that note, I wonder whether he and Rubel are aware of Riful-Doll.

Anyway, does anyone else think Riful-Doll doesn't appear to be "there"? Maybe it's because of her eyes, I don't know. While she seems to have feelings, she still comes off as...dead. A bit like a puppet, just going through the motions.
    Shiro 2

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Drak Night, and you made me think a little bit about something that may hold a huge event in the future..

Quote Quote:
    Interestingly enough, there was some life left in the Destroyer (how convenient that it run out of fuel now), but Priscilla just squished it like a bug. A bit anti-climatic.
    To tell the truth, the best to describe that was what Ancy wrote and quoted as "Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live". True that what happened in that chapter and what saddens me or better pisses me off is that Chronos and Lars are just sitting and watching as if the team fighting Cassandra doesn't need help or at least try to help Riful to kill Priscilla because it all looks like that Riful is at a little bit of a disadvantage, and if she doesn't play it smart as she always does, it will end just like Isley and all those who perished at her hands.

Quote Quote:
    Seeing as fusions have become official, I suppose Riful-Doll could be a merger of Riful and Dauph (never mind that neither of the two has been shown with an ability like that).
    Thought of that many times but stuck at the fact that both died which prevents this from occurring, so we need a life source to carry them, just like Priscilla's hand did with the former N.1s, and so the only thing left is one of the rods or the Hellcats that were wondering around that place, which if it did hit Riful first, and considering Riful's consciousness and will powers, could say why she searched for Dauf and absorbed him as well who already got a power up from the Hellcats. And this is not impossible, because if you look at Beth who was absorbed by a Hellcat, she had her consciousness preserved when she awakened and linked to Alicia! As we saw her cry when her sister, Alicia died.

Quote Quote:
    The Destroyer was basically two Abyssal Ones so I can buy it being on Priscilla's level (or close), but Dauph was only a number 3, so it's even more obscure how he and Riful could rise beyond the Destroyer (assuming of course Priscilla is not joking around).

Unless those cat-like beings the Destroyer was throwing around enhanced Dauph that much. Now that I think about it they could have helped with the merger. The problem is, Riful was already dead, and Priscilla literally tore Dauph into pieces. Death should have been immediate. Even if not, I don't think Dauph had enough strength left to try merging with Riful.
    Unless Riful was much stronger than either Luciella or Raphaela, which with Dauf's power ups could explain why it is stronger knowing that the Destroyer was actually stronger because she absorbed many ABs who were all single digits so the Destroyer was actually fighting like in full power +/- some power. So this merge isn't something to be miss understood at all.

Quote Quote:
    Did we ever learn what Dae's detour was? Could have had something to do with that, I wouldn't put it beyond him. On that note, I wonder whether he and Rubel are aware of Riful-Doll.
    Could be as an alternative to the Hellcats finding Riful and that scenario.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, does anyone else think Riful-Doll doesn't appear to be "there"? Maybe it's because of her eyes, I don't know. While she seems to have feelings, she still comes off as...dead. A bit like a puppet, just going through the motions.
    I like you to explain a little more because I have a feeling that what you wrote may hold to be true.. But even that I just can't imagine it all, as what and how and who and stuff like that.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to say, I'm kind of disappointed the Destroyer's been defeated (assuming Riful-thing isn't somehow connected to it). After all the buildup and the power it displayed, I was hoping it would amount to more than yet another name the list of beings that have been trounced by Priscilla. Similarly I'm hoping for more from Riful-thing, but tbh I don't expect Priscilla to die here either. At the end of the day, she's probably being saved for Clare to finish off, though Christ knows how she's ever going to pull that off.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post

Maybe Riful lived(her lower portion of her body) and she looked and found duphs corpse and took his flesh into her body but she was unaware of the infective life property's of the destroyers rods so it caused them to fuse.

I like your idea of it being not really there....maybe all it is , is the manifestation of Riful and duphs love for each other and hate for prissy-------Now that i think of it we got that extra about riful and duph(how they met) and it said "after many trials and tribulations" so maybe we will learn more about exactly what happened with them(like why are they the only awakened beings that seem to show true love towards each other.....Riful loved duph with all her heart and vice versa....they even cryed for eachother....duph would rather have been left to die in the woods then let riful be in danger "Leave me i dont care just as long as your safe" so i think we will learn exactly the reason why Riful doll is what it is (i think it may have somehing to do with "the power of the human heart" i think Riful and duphs love for each other is what allowed the fusion )

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast