Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6 / 10)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

3 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

9 37.50%
  • 6 (Average)

7 29.17%
  • 5 (Below Average)

1 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.17%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 4.17%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

2 8.33%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 135 Discussion / 136 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 135 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    I like you to explain a little more because I have a feeling that what you wrote may hold to be true.. But even that I just can't imagine it all, as what and how and who and stuff like that.
    Basically, I'm getting "empty" vibes from Riful-Doll. Mainly because of the way her eyes are drawn: them being black like pits, and the lack of pupils. I can't recall whether we've met another Awakened Being whose eyes looked like that. It could be that it's just an aesthetic move from Yagi, or a means to convey how sinister Riful-Doll is.

By empty, I mean that there is no life in them. Oh, she has yoki, feelings, can talk and so on, but I can't help feel that there is something off about her. I was thinking that (assuming the merger thing is official) it's the result of being formed from two dead ABs, but to be honest I can't put my finger on it.

Edit: @ number12michael

The love between them had actually completely slipped from my mind. It is remarkable how they were able to keep that bond for so long, and it is indeed unique in this world (though Chronos and Lars look like they could give them a run for their money; they seem more than just bros ).

Anyway, one wonders whether Yagi still remembers that bond. I guess that opens up more possibilities for the merger, given that yoki carries your identity and feelings (even when you are dead), I can see them being 'compatible' even in death.
    Last edited by Dark Night; February 01, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Shiro 2

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I am more interested in how will AB's and Ghost actually defeat her.

We already know that Riful doll, no matter how much powerful she is or how hard time she gave to Priscilla, will ultimately fail while Priscilla will regenerate in an instant again. Let us say that Yagi present us the best possible option for Allies - the thee young Ghosts were able to draw Cassandra back and she decided to join them together with both Chronos and Lars and they all attack her. What hope can they have when she destroyed destroyer ( a being that is more powerful than AO's ) in one hit? Even if they inflict huge damage to her we have seen that Priscilla was able to regenerate in a second from situation where her head was basically almost cut from her body.

There are only two ways now that she can be defeated:

-Good Eye Galatea's theory: "good" Priscilla is keeping "bad" Priscilla in check thus allowing Clare to kill her once and for all.
    -Clare finally receives Teresa's power and kill Priscilla by using her unmatched strenght and power.

While first theory is quite good I doubt it will go by this way, simply because we already saw this earlier - when Priscilla cut Teresa's head. After witnessing that kind of scene I doubt that Clare will believe her at all if this happened again ( like the old saying: "Foll me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me" ).
    The second one is the most probable to happened, the scenario would go like this: Everybody attacks and as usual Priscilla bet them all back and kill several AB's and injure ( and possible kill ) some of the Ghosts. Clare goes berserk again and this time she unlocks Teresa's power and defeat her.

But even this theory is in question because of one thing - Raki. There is still issue of what Chronos said: "In the end you might be the strongest sword of them all". Could this possible mean that he will use Priscilla's compassion to trick her thus allowing Clare to kill her, or even kill her herself. Just imagine it: everybody beaten but Priscilla is also beaten to the point where she cannot longer regenerate or hold her true form, then while she is standing above injured Clare and giving her a speech on how pathetic she is Raki appears and kills her by cutting her head clean like she did to her father. This could be possible because Clare is a Human, he release no yoki so he can get to her undetected and if everybody beat her enough to get her in such a weak state that she is on level of yoma then it will be possible for Raki to kill her. This scenario would be perfect too because it will be so dramatic - Raki would have to choose between Clare and Priscilla. He cares for both of them, with both of them he has traveled and develop a relationship. But the situation is like that that he will have to choose between two of them, and this will be his hardest decision ever.

Whatever happened I thin kit will be epic, no matter if this stretch for 20 or 30 more chapters - I want to read and enjoy in every single part of it. And I am sure that mr. Yagi will please us all.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post

We already know that Riful doll, no matter how much powerful she is or how hard time she gave to Priscilla, will ultimately fail while Priscilla will regenerate in an instant again.

-Good Eye Galatea's theory: "good" Priscilla is keeping "bad" Priscilla in check thus allowing Clare to kill her once and for all.
    -Clare finally receives Teresa's power and kill Priscilla by using her unmatched strenght and power.
    We dont know that there is one other possibility the Riful doll over powers prissy which causes her to run and rush over to Cassandra and then absorb/take back her arm/yoki then the Riful doll will appear at the new battlefield and it and a revitalized prissy would continue fighting...and then sadly the Riful doll will fail and be killed and prissy will have her fight with Clare(now it is possible that the Ghosts will take advantage of the Riful doll and help it attack prissy , but i am unsure...and if this "Rifuldoll" turns out to be the real Riful(or her memorys) then she will remember the Ghosts/Claire and she knows claires mission is to kill "the woman with one horn" . i would love to see Clare and Riful Vs Prissy

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Edit: @ number12michael

The love between them had actually completely slipped from my mind. It is remarkable how they were able to keep that bond for so long, and it is indeed unique in this world (though Chronos and Lars look like they could give them a run for their money; they seem more than just bros ).

Anyway, one wonders whether Yagi still remembers that bond. I guess that opens up more possibilities for the merger, given that yoki carries your identity and feelings (even when you are dead), I can see them being 'compatible' even in death.
    Hahaha yeah Chronos and Lars are more then "Bros" they act like they are "companions" i think its obvious that they live/travel together(now i just see Lars in a apron cooking supper for lars....BBQ Human ribs ?)
    Last edited by Ancy; February 02, 2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: a wall of quotes
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    If that theory follow through, then the two mortal enemies Clare and Priscilla are actually very similar as they both have a loved one inside them. However, the major different is that the loved one (yoma father/twisted guardian angel) inside Priscilla wants her live to at all cost which includes forsaking her humanity to do so, where as the loved one (Teresa) inside Clare wants her to live as a human or stay human. Ultimately, it is the path that they are on that make them different. To me, it makes the whole story line between Clare and Priscilla tragically beautiful. Like littleangel stated, instead of feeling that the arrogant bitch is finally done for when Priscilla is finally finish off, there would be more sense of sympathy for Priscilla as she is a tragedy, and for all the wrongs she did, she would redeem herself by dying honorably this time.
    Oh without a doubt, you are on fire this month, God Eye Galatea. I'm elated to have someone talk about the philosophical/psychological aspect of this manga instead of always discussing power levels and who has greater Youki. I'm with you on this one as I do see Clare and Priscilla as opposing side of the same coin. While I won't bridge to the physical similarity that you describe, I do believe that emotionally they are similar. Clare has an absolute hatred for the one that killed Teresa, while Priscilla has an absolute hatred for the being that killed her family. "She hates yoma more than anyone. My legs shook from fear when I saw her in combat (Irene: Marked for Death. Ch1 P27)." While I'm certain Priscilla has given others reason to hate her, I don't believe anyone has the hatred, disgust nor desire for vengeance as Clare does.

We have two individuals that were emotional scarred. Both seek revenge on those they perceived to have wrong them. Perhaps, I error in this logic but I believe Priscilla associates Teresa with the Yoma that killed her father. Was it the fear she felt while groveling at Teresa's feet that brought her back to that awful moment from childhood? Was it the Organization's labeling Teresa as a murderer of humans (Yomas kill humans), which she mistakenly conjoined with he tragedy? Beyond a doubt, the entire island has just cause for retribution against the Organization. I dare say. It goes beyond justice. It's to the level of a debt of blood to be repaid with extreme prejudice.

Hated Priscilla for what she did as I read the early chapters. Now, I've come to see all of them as victims of the greed, and madness of a morally/ethically corrupt minority. It would have been great justice to see Clare, Miria and Priscilla join forces to annihilate the Organization. Alas, all are bound to their destiny by their past.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We already know that Riful doll, no matter how much powerful she is or how hard time she gave to Priscilla, will ultimately fail while Priscilla will regenerate in an instant again. Let us say that Yagi present us the best possible option for Allies - the thee young Ghosts were able to draw Cassandra back and she decided to join them together with both Chronos and Lars and they all attack her. What hope can they have when she destroyed destroyer ( a being that is more powerful than AO's ) in one hit? Even if they inflict huge damage to her we have seen that Priscilla was able to regenerate in a second from situation where her head was basically almost cut from her body.

While first theory is quite good I doubt it will go by this way, simply because we already saw this earlier - when Priscilla cut Teresa's head. After witnessing that kind of scene I doubt that Clare will believe her at all if this happened again ( like the old saying: "Foll me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me" ).
    The second one is the most probable to happened, the scenario would go like this: Everybody attacks and as usual Priscilla bet them all back and kill several AB's and injure ( and possible kill ) some of the Ghosts. Clare goes berserk again and this time she unlocks Teresa's power and defeat her.

But even this theory is in question because of one thing - Raki. There is still issue of what Chronos said: "In the end you might be the strongest sword of them all". Could this possible mean that he will use Priscilla's compassion to trick her thus allowing Clare to kill her, or even kill her herself. Just imagine it: everybody beaten but Priscilla is also beaten to the point where she cannot longer regenerate or hold her true form, then while she is standing above injured Clare and giving her a speech on how pathetic she is Raki appears and kills her by cutting her head clean like she did to her father. This could be possible because Clare is a Human, he release no yoki so he can get to her undetected and if everybody beat her enough to get her in such a weak state that she is on level of yoma then it will be possible for Raki to kill her. This scenario would be perfect too because it will be so dramatic - Raki would have to choose between Clare and Priscilla. He cares for both of them, with both of them he has traveled and develop a relationship. But the situation is like that that he will have to choose between two of them, and this will be his hardest decision ever.

Whatever happened I thin kit will be epic, no matter if this stretch for 20 or 30 more chapters - I want to read and enjoy in every single part of it. And I am sure that mr. Yagi will please us all.
    except the riful doll just demosntrated the same ability as priscilla. she regenerated her arm and attacked in an instant. she did that before transforming too.
    priscilla regenerative abiltiies come solely form the sheer amount of yoki she generates and nothing more. originalyl she was a pure on offensive type. however she has so much energy, and thanks to also having a small awakened form, relatively speaking, taht she can rapidly repair damage. the riful doll herself also has a level of yoki and power on par to priscilla, so she can pretty much do the same.
    while i do agree that pricilla will likely prevail in the end, this fight is probably going to be unlike anything priscilla ever faced. it will probably be more like the fight between isley and that cat like abbyssal one. isley was, in the end, far moer powerful, but the power diference was not so steep that the victory would have been easy. same situation here. two entities of very comaprable power abel to do immense damage to one another yet heal too.

a example of a mismatched fight between abyssal would be cassandra and little mis psychopants. in the end cassandra defeated her enemy without sustaining any consdierable injury, thus the power difference.

.......i think people are forgetting what priscilla is exactly. she is an awakened being. awakened beings are not a good thing. however they do have a human capacity to a certain point, and perhaps a hidden desire to be what they once were. seen in not only riful and douf, but isley as well. hell ophelia broke into tears when she realized she had become what she most hated.
    priscilla is not likely to harm raki under normal circumstances. however she is completely mentally unstable and even more unpredictable than your average awakened. she seems rather all together at the moment, but that cna change n an instant.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

not a bad idea, but unlikely. you have to remember the at least eighty percent of a awakened being's personality is lost when it awakens, having only a warped variation of it. while priscilla demosntrates she sitll psosess a certain compassity of human emotion and tendency, she is sitll a monster. riful and douf cared for one another dearly, so much so that riful risked herself dragging douf to safety. yet she was still a mosnter despite that. while she would not harm raki, i doubt she would listen to him either if she suddenly fell upon the soldiers.

the only awakened i have seen to pretyt much let herself die without a huge struggle was ophelia, and as a human she demosntrated hatred mostly towards awakened beings over normal yoma. strangely neough her obsession allowed her to actually detect some scent of an awakened being on clare, who is half awakened. and oddity when she did not realize she had also awakened, ableit her personality before and after was pretyt much the god damn same anyways.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not posted in a while nor have I seen a translation. Did Priscilla state that she was getting rid of the memory or the destroyer?

If the former, this would make it the second time that she seemed to purge herself of a memory. If I remember correctly, she has "purged" or, at least wanted to purge, her memories of Teresa and now her family. I assume that leaves Raki, which could make an interesting scenario where she might try to purge him.

It would be interesting if both the primary antagonist and protagonist received power ups of some type.

If the latter, then party hard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    not a bad idea, but unlikely. you have to remember the at least eighty percent of a awakened being's personality is lost when it awakens, having only a warped variation of it. while priscilla demosntrates she sitll psosess a certain compassity of human emotion and tendency, she is sitll a monster. riful and douf cared for one another dearly, so much so that riful risked herself dragging douf to safety. yet she was still a mosnter despite that. while she would not harm raki, i doubt she would listen to him either if she suddenly fell upon the soldiers.
    Thanks. But you are right, the only reason I am putting this theory at all is:

-because Priscilla saved him even if she didn't have to. ( meaning that she is still carrying for him )
    -because of the thing Chronos said to him. ( "You will be the strongest sword" probably means that he can strike her where nobody can )

What will happen we shall see, for now let us see how long is this Rifil-Priscilla battle going to last.
    And when will English translation be released? The chapter was released 5 days ago, so would assume Monday perhaps?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

We already know that Riful doll, no matter how much powerful she is or how hard time she gave to Priscilla, will ultimately fail while Priscilla will regenerate in an instant again.
    I believe that Priscilla can only use "instant regeneration" limitted times (may be 3 or 4 at max). Deneve for example can regenerate limitted times, Isley & Riful and other AB can only regenerate limitted times. Considering this it would also include Priscilla. This would means that the Battle between Riful-doll and Priscilla would have some effect afterward when the Ghost or AB confronted Priscilla (given she'll win). Perhaps Riful-doll can force Priscilla to regenerate 1 or 2 more times. So after that fight Priscilla is "killable" to some extent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Have not posted in a while nor have I seen a translation. Did Priscilla state that she was getting rid of the memory or the destroyer?

If the former, this would make it the second time that she seemed to purge herself of a memory. If I remember correctly, she has "purged" or, at least wanted to purge, her memories of Teresa and now her family. I assume that leaves Raki, which could make an interesting scenario where she might try to purge him.

It would be interesting if both the primary antagonist and protagonist received power ups of some type.

If the latter, then party hard.
    i think she was telling herself not to remember her past anymore, she is telling herself to not remember the traumatic event of killing her father/yoma. im sure we will find out through Dae .

and in regards to Raki i think he reminds her of her Human self , remind her of her family.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

MS should release scanlation very soon. My group can release our version no earlier than 12 hours after them.

14. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Is this an agreement involving access to the RAW manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Something like that. Without them Gernot could not start his translation this early, although this time the raw I found was only few hours behind theirs (but they want us to wait 12 hours).

MS scanlation is out.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, now that I've read the translated version I'm quite fond of the chapter now. I actually enjoyed reading the flashback on Priscilla and feel a little sorry for her, especially when she said she didn't want to remember.

And I wonder if their village didn't resort to confining families would Priscillas father have eaten his family ? I mean he was crying and telling himself everything would be ok, or was he saying that to his other daughter ?

Also why is it that some Yoma are just monsters and casually feed whenever they want and have no concerns about it and some have been shown crying ? (Raki's brother and Priscilla's dad) Do they have some similarity to Claymore, the more they transform (use their Yoki) the closer they get to becoming actual monsters and their mind is fully taken over?

I'm also looking forward to see what Dae has to say about Priss

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And I wonder if their village didn't resort to confining families would Priscillas father have eaten his family ? I mean he was crying and telling himself everything would be ok, or was he saying that to his other daughter ?
    Thinking of what you wrote, it made me think like could it be that he (her father) was the first to be made into Yoma; I don't the very first, I mean that he was a human then into a Yoma! Not eaten by a Yoma no he was made by the Organization into a Yoma!!! This could explain why he has his memories and emotions just as if he was a human.. And as we all know the strongest of all instincts is to eat! So this could explain why because he was hungry and could no longer hold himself and he had to eat his family! This makes the situation even sadder and sadder IMO.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about Yagi's choice for the title of this chapter. At least on Mangastream it says "The Eyelid's Memory," which really does not make any sense. Are there references in Japanese languages or Japanese slang, where this would make sense? God Eye Galatea also referenced Baidu that translated the title into Memories of the Palpebral. Honestly, I had to get the dictionary for "palpebral."

Considering the focus of the chapter, "memory" makes sense. However, what do you guys think Yagi was trying to relay? In terms of the English language, how would you have translated the title, while respecting Yagi's intent. Eyelid just strikes me wrong in that it doesn't relate to the intent of the chapter. I wonder if Yagi describes an instantaneous memory flashback. A smell, a taste or a sound can bring the memory of an event, that you had long forgotten or buried deep within you.

English isn't my first language, although it has become my primary language. I recall my confused state at why everyone were describing an event as "cold." Is Yagi using a slang expression that mirrors our American's use of the expression "cool?" If that's the case, how would you translate the title given an American audience? At least to me, Chapter 100's title, "Encounter of Bitter Memories," works better for our current chapter.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

New Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast