Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POT all-gangster team

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

POT all-gangster team

Got this idea from talking how Byodouin should be the bad guy. Let's say you're forming a gang from POT, who would you use? The looks matter a lot, probably more than their actual power here. Yukimura would never make a good gangster, for example. We'll ignore any support roles, even though you should probably include a Data Tennis guy for recon purposes.

I'd take the following:

Byodouin (leader)
    Duke (seems his role is a sidekick of Byodouin)
    Omagari (ditto)
    Oni (he'd probably just lift heavy objects to intimidate people, since he's too nice to actually beat people up)
    Ochi (good for blackmailing people with his death stare)
    Akutsu (he probably is a gangster)
    Kite (he's supposed to be the Assassin)
    Hakamada (he seems like to paint his forehead with blood, that's always useful)
    Kirihara (for devil mode), Kaidoh too if you include devil mode.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 03, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: POT all-gangster team

A team only needs 8 players I think...?
    But considering Seigaku had 9, then that's good.

I'm surprised Kimijima & Tohno aren't in your list man. Those two were as gangster as it gets in the series, Corruption and Assassination. That's exactly what they were respectively lol.
    Replace Oni and Ochi with Kimijima & Tohno.

Byoudouin, Duke, Ohmagari, Kimijima & Tohno, Akutsu, Kite, Hakamada, Kirihara.
    That's as gangster as it gets I think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant forming a team to actually do ganster type activity so there's no specific limit on number of players and that's all the ones I can think of at the moment. I figured I must forgotten a few candidates. Kimijima and Tohno would be great yes.

I'm thinking most of the Genius 10 are pursuing the wrong career. Half of them should be gangsters. Ochi should be a basketball player. Oni should be in the salvation army.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I meant forming a team to actually do ganster type activity so there's no specific limit on number of players and that's all the ones I can think of at the moment. I figured I must forgotten a few candidates. Kimijima and Tohno would be great yes.

I'm thinking most of the Genius 10 are pursuing the wrong career. Half of them should be gangsters. Ochi should be a basketball player. Oni should be in the salvation army.
    I don't think Ochi necessary follows the wrong career. He should rather just play singles. I mean, if even Yukimura admit that Mach serve is freaking beast, all Ochi had to do is simply breaking one serve.

But that's probably because no 5 and no 3 is too much beast. So they aren't any singles spot left for singles.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where the hell is Sanada on your lists. Yukimura didn't wash his pants after that match for no reason.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Where the hell is Sanada on your lists. Yukimura didn't wash his pants after that match for no reason.
    I think Sanada's base look is a typical 'good guy' (though he does have an evil laugh) and he'd need another scar or two to look more thug-like. The eyepatch and black aura helps, though I don't find him to look intimidating in a thuggish way even then. He's similar to image of the Samurai Nanjirou that occasionally pops up behind Ryoma. Sure it looks intimidating but you still wouldn't associate that as a member of the gangster.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 03, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think Sanada's base look is a typical 'good guy' (though he does have an evil laugh) and he'd need another scar or two to look more thug-like. The eyepatch and black aura helps, though I don't find him to look intimidating in a thuggish way even then. He's similar to image of the Samurai Nanjirou that occasionally pops up behind Ryoma. Sure it looks intimidating but you still wouldn't associate that as a member of the gangster.
    So you're purposely forgetting that in PoT1 he is practically the most feared MSer of all time? Even Kintarou was afraid of him, calling him a "gorilla." In fact, just about every time he showed his face all throughout PoT1, people shut their mouths out of either fear or reverence. This was shown again when Tezuka and Sanada walked on the court in the National finals. Everyone was silent. In PoT2, he single-handedly made feces come out from the anus of Sasabe, Yukimura, a bunch of high-schoolers, Sasabe again, and more high-schoolers. So, you were saying?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the all-gangster team not the most feared characters of POT. Kirihara backed off in fear when he tried to confront Tokugawa, but Kirahara is clearly a much better fit for the gangster image than Tokugawa. People get scared over all kinds of things. I'm sure someone is afraid of Fuji somewhere. Sanada obviously has the samurai-like presence that inspires fear but it's scary in the same way the image of Samurai Nanjirou is scary, even though they're clearly not related to gang-like activity.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: POT all-gangster team

Eh.... Sanada was standing there like helpless guy against Yukimura too. You'll find a panel with his face drenched in sweat blind like a helpless dog so he didn't look as gangster as you're making him out to be I'm afraid Fayte.

I wouldn't exaggerate about him being a gangster. So he defeated a Sasabe at the Camp, everybody wiped somebody at the camp.
    Sanada isn't a gangster at all he is good guy.

LOL fear of reverence? Out of the 3 best in the series, 2 of them were on the court at once. People were silent in anticipation. I don't think people are scared of Tezuka and Sanada like that.
    Remember Niou told Sanada to shut his trap. And when Yagyuu was Niou, he told Sanada to shut his trap at Regionals lol.
    His own teammates tell him to shut up. Sanada isn't all that gangster.

In fact both Yagyuu and Niou showed they are more cruel than he is.
    Yagyuu telling Kirihara that he was called a seaweed bastard by Nagoya, and Niou telling Kirihara to get up you seaweed bastard using a different voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    So you're purposely forgetting that in PoT1 he is practically the most feared MSer of all time? Even Kintarou was afraid of him, calling him a "gorilla." In fact, just about every time he showed his face all throughout PoT1, people shut their mouths out of either fear or reverence.
    Akutsu was far more feared. He was feard across the densely populated Tokyo. Akutsu would have to take most feared.

Kite served a ball into his coach's stomach. Kai served a ball in an old man's eye. Hirakoba aimed a smash at a wrinkly old lady.

I don't mean to hurt your feelings Fayte but Sanada was far from "gangster" and simply wasn't "the most feared".
    He doesn't belong in this list of gangsters.

I don't know how you do it Fayte. When it comes to Sanada you just go overboard. I mean "of all time"?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In POT people often fear other characters due to their tennis ability, but the topic isn't about most feared overall. For example we often see Tezuka's teammates/friends in reverence if not fear at just how good and determined he is. But there's no way anyone would associate Tezuka with a gangster. Sanada doubles as a coach and he slaps people for failure (including himself) so that can be scary too but it's not like he's doing this to intimidate people. It's pretty clear the rules of Rikkidai is if you break the rules you get slapped and he's merely the enforcer.

If you're walking down the street and you bumped into Akutsu or devil form Kirihara you would probably be pretty scared because they'll probably be beating you up for doing that or at least threatening you. Bumping into Sanada and he'll probably just say 'you okay?' Yes Sanada is physically imposing, but without a scar like Oni I don't think he's supposed to be intimidating to look at.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

I don't mean to hurt your feelings Fayte but Sanada was far from "gangster" and simply wasn't "the most feared".
    He doesn't belong in this list of gangsters.

I don't know how you do it Fayte. When it comes to Sanada you just go overboard. I mean "of all time"?
    Yeah because I remember PoT1 and you don't means I go overboard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't say students only, so, the drunken coach might fits the bill.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So he hit his teammate for losing? How is he a gangster?
    It was just a rule that the whole tennis club agreed to... It was legit.
    The fact that it is suggested he originally wasn't going to hit Yanagi but Yanagi had to ask him to do it shows he isn't so gangster.

And he ISN'T that feared Fayte, Niou told him to shut up lol, and Yagyuu as Niou told him the same.

He isn't a gangster Fayte...
    How is that gangster at all?

How was he more feared than Akutsu? Lol you actually said "most feared of all time".
    You have gone overboard for Sanada as usual dude.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada is more like a drill sergeant than a gangster.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So he hit his teammate for losing? How is he a gangster?
    So Kite hit a ball at his coach for being a jerk, how is he a gangster again? Your own logic fails you.

Quote Quote:
    Yagyuu as Niou told him the same.
    Yagyuu was IN CHARACTER. Obviously he was going to act like Niou. Yagyuu doesn't do that. So yes, still only Niou did that. You have a bad argument.

Quote Quote:
    He isn't a gangster Fayte...
    How is that gangster at all?
    How is anybody gangster? I'm going based upon your implied definitions.

Quote Quote:
    How was he more feared than Akutsu? Lol you actually said "most feared of all time".
    You have gone overboard for Sanada as usual dude.
    You're in denial, as usual. Akutsu showed up for like 5 chapters, bro. You mean to tell me Akutsu has more middle-school influence on a scrub team like Yamabuki for a couple of chapters than someone who has been at the top of the 3 year champion team for the entire series? I don't think so. So yes, in terms of quantity, more people fear Sanada than Akutsu. Sanada has a bigger influence than Akutsu does. If you want to be in denial about this, that's fine. I'm going to stop posting because this is a redundant thread anyway, and I don't really care about who is "gangster" (Whatever the hell that means) and who isn't.
    Last edited by Fayte; January 05, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast