Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: POT all-gangster team

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: POT all-gangster team

Fayte, we are talking about a gangster team.
    You suggested Sanada. He doesn't fit in here.

Sanada is feared for his skill. He isn't even respected by Niou his own teammate.

It's a gangster team so we have Kite who aimed a shot at his own coach, Akutsu who kicks people's asses for fun, Byoudouin who served a shot into Tokugawa's stomach at night, Ohmagari who started a fight with Akutsu in the library, Tohno the most violent player in the series so far,

And you want to recommend Sanada? A kid who according to the databooks does a lot of studying?
    Lol. He likes reading Historic novels and he is Public Morals committee chairman lol.
    Public Morals committee chairman means he won't be taking part in any kinds of bad things. He is a really nice guy.

Why would he belong on an all-gangster team?

As for Kite, my own logic didn't fail me. Gangster's commit crimes and do things like assault. What Kite did was assault.
    Being a jerk doesn't stop you from being a gangster Fayte.
    How can you say my own logic fails me if you just said you don't even know what the word means? You made yourself look a bit silly there.

Do you really think Sanada was the only character who had people in fear of him due to his skill?
    The final boss of the series gave the same effect if not bigger.

In the 5 chapters Akutsu appeared in, we found out he was feared across the city for being a bully. Across the city.
    Sanada is feared because he is good at tennis.
    Now from that, tell my Fayte why would Sanada be "the most feared MSer of all time"?

If you mean by fear in terms of skill, it's still debatable with Tezuka and Yukimura. But fear in terms of skill is completely irrelevant to an "all-gangster team".
    Last edited by Airgrimes; January 06, 2013 at 04:41 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

@Phantron and Airgrimes,

Fayte isn't entirely wrong in his point, although I believe that he raised pretty much a wrong point.

It depends on what kind of gangster are you trying for. For Yakuza, Japanese gangster, honor code is a very crucial part of their gang. In that case, Sanada punching his teammates whenever they loosed can be represent to be PoT version of cutting one finger whenever you fail in doing something for the gang.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    @Phantron and Airgrimes,

Fayte isn't entirely wrong in his point, although I believe that he raised pretty much a wrong point.

It depends on what kind of gangster are you trying for. For Yakuza, Japanese gangster, honor code is a very crucial part of their gang. In that case, Sanada punching his teammates whenever they loosed can be represent to be PoT version of cutting one finger whenever you fail in doing something for the gang.
    Tohno already has this role covered. While Sanada certainly has an 'enforcer' type personality he clearly isn't slapping people because he enjoys it, so you might as well have someone who probably does enjoy cutting people's fingers off for fun.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 06, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Here's my SPOT Yakuzas.

Leader: Ryoga Echizen.
    He's cool, cunning & can be ruthless. He's smart enough to run a gang.
    Muscles:
    1.Byoudoin
    2.Duke
    3.Akutsu
    4.Kirihara
    5.Krauser
    Their job is to beat up people. Scare people & extort from them.
    Brain:
    1.Kimijima:The negotiator. He deals with rival gangs. Healso convinces rival gang members to join SPOT Yakuza.
    2.Atobe: He's job is to find out the weak points of rival gangs.
    3.Irie: Adviser of Ryoga. He's also the battle strategist. Ryoga depends a lot on him but doesn't trust him because he can change his color any time.
    Others:
    1.Ochi: He's a skilled assassin. Has already killed many rival gangsters.
    2.Kite: He's a sharpshooter. A sniper.
    3.Tonho: He's the interrogator. Tortures others for information. He also violently kills traitors.
    4. Fuji: Despite his appearance he is a sadist. He's assistant of Tonho.
    5.Niou: He's the new guy who does pretty much anything required. He fills in when anyone required is absent. He actually is a mole working for the police. He secretly maintains contract with Police Chief Sanada.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Philia: Nice team. Ryoga is definitely leader material. Having Ochi as an assassin is brilliant. Kite would make a good one too. He is quite stealthy.

Out of all PoT characters, Tezuka would probably make a fairly boring gang member.

Gang leader: Ryoga or Byodoin
    Gang members: Shuuji (Ryoga's right-hand man), Duke (Byodoin's right-hand man), Ochi & Kite (Assassins), Tanishi (Pound and you're a goner), Yukimura (yips), Tohno & Akutsu (violence), Sanada (for his kendo), Krauser (crucify), Kirihara (demon mode), Irie & Nio (Tricksters), Inui &Yanagi (deadly juices), and Fuji (does undercover work for the gang.)

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Out of all PoT characters, Tezuka would probably make a fairly boring gang member.
    Your team sounds awesome. I just kinda disagree with the Tezuka comment. This point is not valid at all in an argument, but I remembered Tezuka on this page I think the whole Zero degree drop and fixing the glasses at the same time made him into a gangsta. Even though that's a random thought, I think it makes him into like the brain of a gang.

Basically I think this page makes him out to look like an awesome gangsta.

Also do you think you would want Yukimura to be one of the gang leaders and make it into a triad? I just remembered these two pages and thought he would make an awesome gang boss. Plus it's always awesome to have a trinity.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think Tezuka wouldn't make a good member by personality alone. He's strict, he's not the type to hurt others (but himself for the team), "Yudan sezi ni ikou", and speaks very little. He's hobbies include mountain climbing and writing in his journal. Personality and Hobbies alone don't make him that interesting of a gang member (chose the gang members by abilities/hobbies/personality).

I don't know if I would want Yukimura to be part of the leaders too. He'd make a better master of disguise with his feminine looks.
    Last edited by ChinkyCandie; November 13, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu, honestly. He's the certified delinquent of the cast, and is even known in-story for being a notorious thug throughout the city, like Yusuke Urameshi.

Byōdōin just seems like a powerful guy who likes pushing his weight around. I guess having him would be good for his power.

Tohno. The Executions.

Hakamada's a psycho.

Kite's a dick.

Kirihara's a rookie dick.

Echizen's a super dick. He'd be that guy that causes trouble for the gang.

Nioh, because he deserves to be on every team.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; November 16, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Akutsu, honestly. He's the certified delinquent of the cast, and is even known in-story for being a notorious thug throughout the city, like Yusuke Urameshi.
    I definitely agree but if Akutsu acts like Yusuke I feel like Yukimura would be Kurama.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji could be Kurama too.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Would that make Tezuka Hiei? They both do hurt their arm a lot.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2