Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who did Momonosuke see?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

42 91.30%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

2 4.35%
  • Someone else (elaborate in post)

2 4.35%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whose face did Momonosuke see?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whose face did Momonosuke see?

He's even got the veins on his forehead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

without doubt is doflamingo.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I too think it's Doflamingo.

And it's really interesting because as Zehahaha pointed out Momonosuke never met Dofla before.
    So to explain this vision the only solution which looks the more believable to me is that Momo as the ability to see the future! I really think this solution is the one because I think Momo will join the SH!
    Why? Because he's a Dragon, and that is fucking awesome! Like others nakama he has a goal to fulfill (find a way to save his father)! And someone says somewhere here that it couldn't be him because he's too weak, but what if is able to see the future ?

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i never thought of Momonosuke becaming one of the members of SH, it could happen, i mean luffy doesn't recruit people because they're powerful, luffy recruit people because he thinks they're cool and he saw them as nakama..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Too much sci fi? In a manga that has all kinds of weird races, powers, advanced technology like missiles, lasers, cyborgs, human programming, biological warfare, aliens... Yeah, you're right. Putting in aditional instincts in zoan fruits which already posses an animal personality seems way overboard...
    Putting up additional instincts that needs food deprivation to show up... yes it does sound too much sci fi even with OP standards ... Animal instincts I can understand ,,, sensing danger before it knocks on door... but to see that danger precisely.. it is the thing of Madam Shirley which is an in born quality and more believable... as such inborn qualities do get activated in extreme body conditions like distress,,anger etc... (talking of OP only) ...
    Since the face resembles too much of Doflamingo I would like to believe it to be inborn quality rather than imbued one... And also would not like to pass the possibility of the face to be just the distorted version of luffy...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    i never thought of Momonosuke becaming one of the members of SH, it could happen, i mean luffy doesn't recruit people because they're powerful, luffy recruit people because he thinks they're cool and he saw them as nakama..
    Yes I know that the strenght isn't a criteria for Luffy's recruitement; However we all remember that Nami, Usopp and Chopper were kind of burden before because of their weakness. And Momonosuke imo doesn't stand a chance against someone from Grand Line, so what to say about any opponent from the new world... It could be a problem for the plot. That's why I think this point is quite relevant!

But I still think Momo would make a perfect candidate as new crewmember, because as I allready said HE'S A DRAGON!!!
    And there's also the fact that Luffy started to show him that his crew was much more than that, it's a family in which you can reliably be confident in! And that's what Momo is laking of and is waiting for for a long time. Plus the fact that his dad is ""frozen"" gives him a goal, we are not even sure that CC knows the way to invert the process, maybe Vegapunk does!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So Momonosuke saw a guy who most people (myself included) think is Doflamingo. But there are some who say that it looks like Luffy. Honestly, I don't even... Nevermind.

It also kinda looks like Bon Chan with glasses, but I don't think anyone thinks it could be him, lol.

Not sure if anybody else can but I clearly see the Bridge of Glasses,its Wires and the Lenses as well as the veins on the forehead.

And while it's not clear evidence that smile.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Not sure if anybody else can but I clearly see the Bridge of Glasses,its Wires and the Lenses as well as the veins on the forehead.

And while it's not clear evidence that smile.
    Well, I'm not trying to be mean, but that's the reason most of people agree it's Doflamingo. Or at least looks like him.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You can clearly see Doflo's shades in the face. Plus, Doflo has the drugs the kids love.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Why shouldn't Momonosuke have been able to meet or see Doflamingo btw? He could've come and see for his business and the latest "crop", couldn't he?

And it's not like Punk Hazard is far away from Dressrosa...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Why shouldn't Momonosuke have been able to meet or see Doflamingo btw? He could've come and see for his business and the latest "crop", couldn't he?

And it's not like Punk Hazard is far away from Dressrosa...
    Except in the flashback shown, there was no trace of Dofla
    So Momo meeting Dofla in PH is impossible, totally impossible

He could've met him somewhere else tho who knows

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Momonosuke ate the Dragon Fruit ten days before he met Luffy. Before that he was captured for an unknown time, and it's not like we've seen Momonosuke on the ship he wasn't registered on because he refused to say his name so from being captured somewhere and being brought to Punk Hazard there's even a detour on Dressrosa possible.

But okay, there's still not enough time thus absolutely impossible for him to meet Doflamingo even though Baby 5 and Buffalo came from Dressrosa to Punk Hazard in much less than two hours. Dumb me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Momonosuke ate the Dragon Fruit ten days before he met Luffy. Before that he was captured for an unknown time, and it's not like we've seen Momonosuke on the ship he wasn't registered on because he refused to say his name so from being captured somewhere and being brought to Punk Hazard there's even a detour on Dressrosa possible.

But okay, there's still not enough time thus absolutely impossible for him to meet Doflamingo even though Baby 5 and Buffalo came from Dressrosa to Punk Hazard in much less than two hours. Dumb me.

Because you think Oda would let such an important detail slip ? I mean let's see here, Momo saw a distorted version of Luffy which ressembled a lot Dofla strangely, and in the flashbacks, we've never ever seen him seeing Dofla, he just saw the children, Monet, CC and his henchmen, even Vergo who seems to come there a lot didn't show up in that flashback

Jeez, forgot Oda's flashbacks usually shows everything happened in every single minute, and he doesn't skip unecessary stuff just shows important stuff yeah forgot it. Aw man, forgot too during Luffy's flashback he didn't show us what Luffy ate during breakfast when Sabo died, or didn't show us his daily training when Ace left the island, jeez...

I mean come on, get real hoeru...

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Oda revealed all admirals and shichibukai from the beginning? Yeah... Whatever.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Because you think Oda would let such an important detail slip ? I mean let's see here, Momo saw a distorted version of Luffy which ressembled a lot Dofla strangely, and in the flashbacks, we've never ever seen him seeing Dofla, he just saw the children, Monet, CC and his henchmen, even Vergo who seems to come there a lot didn't show up in that flashback

Jeez, forgot Oda's flashbacks usually shows everything happened in every single minute, and he doesn't skip unecessary stuff just shows important stuff yeah forgot it. Aw man, forgot too during Luffy's flashback he didn't show us what Luffy ate during breakfast when Sabo died, or didn't show us his daily training when Ace left the island, jeez...

I mean come on, get real hoeru...
    You're right! Finally, I see the light. Momo must have had a vision of Luffy cosplaying as Doflamingo. That's the only logical explanation why Momo would randomly envision someone else with Doflamingo's glasses, his grin, and bulging veins. Luffy would definitely be the simplest, most rational, least convoluted answer to the question of who Momo envisioned.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I know, I know! Maybe it was Sabo. Sabo's alive, in the New World, and grew up to look exactly like Doflamingo. He's secretly on Punk Hazard right now, is super powerful, and will team up with Aokiji to defeat Doflamingo and save the Strawhats. After that he and Aokiji will become the tenth and eleventh Strawhats, then they will all fight Shanks together with Law. Momo must have seen him earlier and assumed he was a bad guy or something.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast