Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who did Momonosuke see?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

42 91.30%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

2 4.35%
  • Someone else (elaborate in post)

2 4.35%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Whose face did Momonosuke see?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whose face did Momonosuke see?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Putting up additional instincts that needs food deprivation to show up... yes it does sound too much sci fi even with OP standards ... Animal instincts I can understand ,,, sensing danger before it knocks on door... but to see that danger precisely.. it is the thing of Madam Shirley which is an in born quality and more believable... as such inborn qualities do get activated in extreme body conditions like distress,,anger etc... (talking of OP only) ...
    Since the face resembles too much of Doflamingo I would like to believe it to be inborn quality rather than imbued one... And also would not like to pass the possibility of the face to be just the distorted version of luffy...
    Food deprivation? You must have misunderstood me. I'm saying Momo's state was activated by the specific words Luffy uttered. There is a reason why he heard those words in his head again together with envisioning Dofla's face. Come on, Oda isn't really writing a complex detective story here.

And it can't be inborn quality if the fruit itself is artificially made. It means anything could have been put in there, along with dragon transformation and special ability of flight.

And I don't see why Oda would make distorted Luffy's face have same shades and same blood veins Doflamingo has.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    You're right! Finally, I see the light. Momo must have had a vision of Luffy cosplaying as Doflamingo. That's the only logical explanation why Momo would randomly envision someone else with Doflamingo's glasses, his grin, and bulging veins. Luffy would definitely be the simplest, most rational, least convoluted answer to the question of who Momo envisioned.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I know, I know! Maybe it was Sabo. Sabo's alive, in the New World, and grew up to look exactly like Doflamingo. He's secretly on Punk Hazard right now, is super powerful, and will team up with Aokiji to defeat Doflamingo and save the Strawhats. After that he and Aokiji will become the tenth and eleventh Strawhats, then they will all fight Shanks together with Law. Momo must have seen him earlier and assumed he was a bad guy or something.
    In case you haven't read my previous posts, I didn't dismiss the possibility of Momo meeting Dofla outside PH, but inside PH no way, the flashbacks proves it
    What you go to prove the contrary ? Nothing obviously, so you can fantasize as much as you want, but since you got nothing to prove your claims with, I'll just smile at posts like these, cheer yo

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

In this chapter (699) there are two panel in which Momo watces Dofla's picture. Tho, he doesn't say anything, he looks scared. But nothing for sure there. I wonder if Oda was not trolling us again with that hallucination. Like with the hamburger in Vergo's cheek.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Its definitely Dofla, though we Oda hasn't reveal the purpose of that panel yet. My guess is that Momo gained a unique ability from his Fruit but he hasn't realize or able to control it yet. Considering that both Kinemon & Momo are following the SH's to Dressrosa, I do believe that it will happen to Momo again and maybe then we might know what it really is/.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinemon said something about one of his friend being held capturen on Dressrosa, didn't he? I think it should be pretty obvious that the pervy kid was a whitness, so Doflamingo took him, too.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3