Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obitos Rinnegan - a waste of his eye socket.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TobiOrNotTobi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Obitos Rinnegan - a waste of his eye socket.

Chapter 614 CONFIRMED that Obito is capable of using the Rinne Tensai but here's my problem... He can use one of the best Rinnegan techniques but not any of the others, like the Animal Summoning, the almighty Push.. etc?

Obviously it was set up as a plot (not a good one tbh) but Tobi/Obito himself hyped things up the moment he gathered the Rinnegan, how shit will go down in this war from then on.. the only thing that went down after he took the Rinnegan was his mask /facepalm.

[Don't go: "That's because he's an uchiha!"... no, just no.]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obitos Rinnegan - a waste of his eye socket.

I think Rinenngan have something to do with becoming the Juubi's jinchuriki, i think you need to have rinengan to be able to become one, thats why they need it. And i also belive he can use all techniques Nagato used, but he decided to fight the way he used to/like more.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

He's just sticking to his own, sadistic approach towards his opponents.
    Nothing wrong with that.

If he's redeemed out of nowhere, then, we will have a problem, though.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito is capable of using the Rinnegan's techniques, but as you already said, he likes more fighting like he always did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Obito is capable of using the Rinnegan's techniques, but as you already said, he likes more fighting like he always did.
    Which is just stupid because he could have absorbed Naruto's Rasengan when he was caught in the Kamui dimension.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito needed the Rinnegan for 1 main objective, to be able to sync with the Mazo. He had to do that or he could not summon the Juubi. This alone demonstrate its not a wasted eye soket as he could not accomplish his goal with no rinnegan there.
    Then he aparently used it for Pein (the jutsu) who in itself with those Jins was a damn OP as hell combo.

What rinnegan techs he can use... No bloody idea(aside from what its confirmed). Perhaps all of them but then again that would mean we have a plot hole because as LnDRash said above why did he not use his shield and prefered to tank a Rasengan with his bloody face? Of course that is not the only time when using the rinnegan power would be damn goot like some ST would be good but meh... Hell how about BT and then warping the pulled target on contact?

Well at least aparently he did not use Rinnegan techs when controling the Pein jutsu because he could not. He was already controling them with the power of his eyes (no pipes like Nagato). Then aparently people aready knew how to counter some of that stuff.
    Some of this is here:
    Kakashi asking this same question:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/567/12
    Answer:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/567/13

But then we are left with the question as why did he not use Rinnegan when Pein (the jutsu) when down? Well we have even here a somewhat plausible explanation. He was controling the Juubi transformation from his Mazo. Perhaps he had to divert the rinnegan mojo and chakra to the Mazo and so he could not use ST, BT and so on.

Of course i do hope you can't use the same techs or at the same power with 1 eye as Tobi has. Even the Sharingan can't use all techs with 1 eye. If you lose 1 eye you lose something like Amaterasu or Kakashi's version of Kamui and most defenetly the ability to pop Susano.
    Last edited by xXan; December 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he's just not cut out for the job. Not everyone is Nagato means not everyone got a massive as heck chakra pool.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Which is just stupid because he could have absorbed Naruto's Rasengan when he was caught in the Kamui dimension.
    I dont think that he had time to react. He led his guard down and got caught.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people are trying to give Obito too much competancy with the Rinnegan. The obvious use is to cotrol Gedo Mazo which he has demonstrated several times. No one debates his control over that. But just because he has a rinnegan eyeball doesn't mean he can control the various paths with the same level and control that Nagato did. That's why Nagato's betrayal was such a setback to Tobi because Tobi's use of the Rnne Tensei is a lot weaker. He may be able to raise only 1 person which is why he didn't use it on Rin, or why all the members of the shinobi alliance will remain dead after this battle is over.
    Last edited by Brill; December 20, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TobiOrNotTobi View Post
    Chapter 614 CONFIRMED that Obito is capable of using the Rinne Tensai but here's my problem... He can use one of the best Rinnegan techniques but not any of the others, like the Animal Summoning, the almighty Push.. etc?

Obviously it was set up as a plot (not a good one tbh) but Tobi/Obito himself hyped things up the moment he gathered the Rinnegan, how shit will go down in this war from then on.. the only thing that went down after he took the Rinnegan was his mask /facepalm.

[Don't go: "That's because he's an uchiha!"... no, just no.]
    It's implied or confirmed that he can use all Rinnegan techniques, but he doesn't because the Alliance or at least, Naruto, Kakashi, and Gai, knew how to counter the jutsu and that it'd be a waste of his chakra, especially when he was controlling the jinchuuriki.

I think it's just plot since Naruto's main weakness is Rinnegan. Plus, Tobi has been taken by surprise a lot, and he's still an idiot, so he wouldn't think of reacting with chakra absorption or shinra tensei.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I think people are trying to give Obito too much competancy with the Rinnegan. The obvious use is to cotrol Gefo Mazo which he has demonstrated several times. No one debates his control over that. But just because he has a rinnegan eyeball doesn't mean he can control the various paths with the same level and control that Nagato did. That's why Nagato's betrayal was such a setback because to Tobi because Tobi's use of the Rnne Tensei is a lot weaker. He may be able to raise only 1 person which is why he didn't use it on Rin, or why all the members of the shinobi alliance will remain dead after this battle is over.
    From the looks of this chapter, Nagato was meant to be used as a sacrifice to bring Madara back, or at least that's what Tobi thought. Rinne Tensei apparently kills the user, and Tobi didn't want to die. Probably has nothing to do with his version being weaker, but Tobi not wanting to die.

After all, what's the point of bringing back someone you love if you're too dead to be with them?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    It's implied or confirmed that he can use all Rinnegan techniques, but he doesn't because the Alliance or at least, Naruto, Kakashi, and Gai, knew how to counter the jutsu and that it'd be a waste of his chakra, especially when he was controlling the jinchuuriki.

I think it's just plot since Naruto's main weakness is Rinnegan. Plus, Tobi has been taken by surprise a lot, and he's still an idiot, so he wouldn't think of reacting with chakra absorption or shinra tensei.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

From the looks of this chapter, Nagato was meant to be used as a sacrifice to bring Madara back, or at least that's what Tobi thought. Rinne Tensei apparently kills the user, and Tobi didn't want to die. Probably has nothing to do with his version being weaker, but Tobi not wanting to die.

After all, what's the point of bringing back someone you love if you're too dead to be with them?
    I agree about the end result but I think the scope will be much smaller. I don't think Tobi is capable of raising 100+ people from the dead like Nagato did. He might be able to raise one person. I say it since the readers who are still in shock concerning Shikaku, Inoichi, and Neji's deaths are saying Tobi now HAS to ressurect everyone, not because he will do it, but because they are unwilling to accept their deaths-something that many were wanting for a year now.
    Last edited by Brill; December 20, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

From the looks of it, I also think Tobi can't revive more than one person, unless he's mistaken about Rinne Tensei and that he doesn't really die. Nagato died because he was out of chakra, as he or Konan mentioned. Maybe that's the limit with having one Rinnegan? If it's chakra based though, Tobi is likely capable of reviving more than 10 people because of Hashirama's DNA.

I could see Neji being resurrected, but not Shikaku or Inoichi.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I could see Neji being resurrected, but not Shikaku or Inoichi.
    I actually believe the countrary, if Neji is resurrected then he would be blind, since his Byakugan is sealed thanks to the seal on his forehead

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if he'd be blind. Maybe Rinne Tensei resurrects people who were at their best or prime. Possibly why Madara elected to choose Rinne Tensei over making Tobi jinchuuriki and Madara himself ET.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    I know but what can you do about that?
    Kishi already screwed up Obito, so what's wrong in showing his stupidity?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast