Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 101 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yonjuushichi's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 101 Discussion / 102 Predictions

Just read the chapter I see Shioon is SSJ now, have you noticed how his haircut was drawn hehehe Luckily for us, we have a chance to see "the enhanced" Shioon's BOT against a solid opponent. IMHO Donkarang will be proven that his Gale Wind Strike is nothing compared to a plain Soul Crushing Strike in SSJ :P
    I'd love to see Shioon mop the floor with Donkarang to the point where the latter acknowledges Shioon superiority and falls into his harem of converted bad guys.
    I don't know why but to me Donkarang and Cool Guy are very much alike. They both seem to be "old school" murimins who like things fair and square. He also is not I-can-ravage-and-rape-because-GMR-is-my-idol type of a guy, unlike Smug face, Psycho Bitch and Thousand Faces.

I wouldn't be suprised if he eventually joins Shioon after seeing that "student surpassed the master". Look what happened to So-Chun Hyuk, he fought him, and now he is in love with him LOL. Smiling blade also became his best buddy after being hit once. Cool Guy is also on par with them in that matter
    Either way, hopefully next chapter will be all blood and crushing bones

side note: I wonder when Shiho wakes up. Will she be a zombie then? LOL
    Last edited by yonjuushichi; January 12, 2013 at 05:47 AM. Reason: added comma LOL
    Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really confusing. So when shioon swallowed the dan was it:
    A. Large ki amounts stored in his body, small ki center , but enlarged meridians because of gmr.
    Or
    B. Large ki centre because of tons of ki by dan, and meridians enlarged by gmr.

Also because he is walking spirit medicine, isnt that even better than a ki center, however big it is?
    He is a walking sun/moon dan . And what do sun/moon dans do? They endlessly produce ki. And endlessly heal his body.
    A ki center, big or small shouldnt matter to shioon as long as its working. He still has large amounts of ki stored everywhere in his body (and still producing because he is still spirit medicine), has the best healing factor in murim and because of gigantic meridians can apparently withstand even the most powerful ki attacks that do internal damage. ( immunity to accupressure attacks and now even the dreaded gale force cant reach shioons internal organs.)
    Last edited by blaise; January 12, 2013 at 06:19 AM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Im confused did the doctor give him a bigger ki center?? and why is the elder saying he maybe doesnt need a big ki center, also if his ki center is that of a normal person wouldnt that mean he would be restricted to using all of his power?? This chapter is kinda confusing....
    Not sure - he might have. It di says that hs ki center was back to that of a normal person. The problem is ki is too large.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

now i'm confused too....

so Shioon's Ki center is like a normal person? but his meridians are too large so the what the doctor said to Elder Kwon is that they need to make Shioon's Ki Center large to compensate for the large meridians?

or

what the doctor and Elder Kwon is talking about this:
    Shioon's Ki center is a normal person but his meridians are large and the doctor said that why shioon have a Ki Center of a normal person but his Merdians are too large(like a master level murim) then Elder Kwon give us a hunch about what is "that" secrets inside Shioon's body

maybe this means Shioon doesn't need a Ki center at all (small or big) because he already have the necessary Ki inside his big meridians

that means the Ki flow will not get reversed even when using BOT because there is no circulation at all maybe that's why when he used BOT before and didn't kill the people he see's
    Last edited by kidopitz27; January 12, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The way i understood it:

Shioon always had a small Ki center. Shiho gave him the pill which is pretty much pure Ki, thus Shioon got to have the Ki amount level of a master or even higher. The problem now was of course that his meridians (Ki channels) were too narrow for such a big amount of Ki, his body could have exploded, thus 9arts forcefully extended his meridians (Ki channels) to that of a master, appropriate for the amount Shioon has. Unfortunately, 9arts destroyed Shioon´s Ki center which also made him lose the Ki that the pill gave him (not too sure about that but i think it´s right). Now his meridians are still large but his Ki center is like it was before he ate the pill. That´s why the doctor thought that his center is still not fully repaired since the difference between his master level meridians and his small Ki center is just too big and not explainable (at least for him). Now the BOT technique comes to play which gives the user unlimited Ki (at least the way i understood it).

Btw, who wants to see Shioon doing this next chapter?

Spoiler show

8. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Miyamoto he didnt lose any of his ki due to GMR breaking his ki center, he just couldnt use it at the time. Also i dont know the explanation is really terrible this chapter and confusing......

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Miyamoto he didnt lose any of his ki due to GMR breaking his ki center, he just couldnt use it at the time. Also i dont know the explanation is really terrible this chapter and confusing......
    Really? Then where is that Ki supposed to be then?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

to miyamoto I suggest you read the breaker new ch 17, where the quack doctor explains the state of shioon's body at the time.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerryeleko View Post
    to miyamoto I suggest you read the breaker new ch 17, where the quack doctor explains the state of shioon's body at the time.
    Thank you for that but isn´t it weird? I mean the doctor who is talking to Elder Kwon in the last chapter should have realized that Shioon still has much Ki.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Thank you for that but isn´t it weird? I mean the doctor who is talking to Elder Kwon in the last chapter should have realized that Shioon still has much Ki.
    He knows that - but is wondering a bout his ki center which is suppose to help regulate it or something. He siad the problem was that center was trying to grow bigger. Elder Kwon siad after their test were done - it seemed like his normal ki center was not huge. So he figured the reason for Shiwoon abnormal strength or abilities was something that GMR did to him or taught him.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: The Breaker : New Waves 101 Discussion / 102 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    The way i understood it:

Shioon always had a small Ki center. Shiho gave him the pill which is pretty much pure Ki, thus Shioon got to have the Ki amount level of a master or even higher. The problem now was of course that his meridians (Ki channels) were too narrow for such a big amount of Ki, his body could have exploded, thus 9arts forcefully extended his meridians (Ki channels) to that of a master, appropriate for the amount Shioon has. Unfortunately, 9arts destroyed Shioon´s Ki center which also made him lose the Ki that the pill gave him (not too sure about that but i think it´s right). Now his meridians are still large but his Ki center is like it was before he ate the pill. That´s why the doctor thought that his center is still not fully repaired since the difference between his master level meridians and his small Ki center is just too big and not explainable (at least for him). Now the BOT technique comes to play which gives the user unlimited Ki (at least the way i understood it).

Btw, who wants to see Shioon doing this next chapter?

Spoiler show
    i agree with the way u see it, it's like u said.
    Shioon has always had a normal ki center, 9arts made large his meridians to save shioon of dying. What didn't have sense for the doctor was the difference between ki channels and ki center size.
    Ki center is what creates ki, but due to the pill shioon ate it doesn't matter the amount of ki his "normal ki-center" could produce, since he can use the stored ki of the pill, that it's the same as having the biggest ki-center

And i'd love it if shioon uses that skill , maybe some bones crushing too XD
    Last edited by burritoxxx1; January 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerryeleko View Post
    I know I'm new to the idea of forum discussion but, according to the a-team translation Shioon has the ki-center of a regular person but has the meridian of the highest masters in the murim.

The difference is that ki-center accumulates ki, which is the ultimate goal of every murim-in that uses inner energy, while the meridian dictates how much ki can be distributed to the entire body. In other words, if you have a regular ki-center but your meridians are too large then you wouldn't be able to last for 5 minutes in the middle of a fight because you would be exhausting your ki reserves too quickly. On the other hand, if you have a large ki-center but your meridians are too small then the amount of ki you can put into your attacks become very limited but in exchange you may be able to fight for hours.

Anyway the point is that Shioon has no need for a bigger ki-center because his body produces ki regardless of his will, which is why acupoint does not work on him: refer to chapter 35 of the breaker new waves.
    so that would mean his entire body is a ki center?
    pretty cool

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight View Post
    so that would mean his entire body is a ki center?
    pretty cool
    yes just like the mad doctor said to Asian Kimbo Slice . Shioon is a walking Spirit Medicine.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shakes12's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

because of the dan shioon produces alot of ki in his blood stream and since his ki centre (which gathers and stores and helps ciruclate ki) was broken he cant use that ki, so to remains dormant and gives him an amazing recovery rate.
    when shioon first took the dan 9 arts expanded his ki channels so he would survive. His centre didnt change at all.
    Basicly the ki centre size doesn't matter for shioon at all since his body produces massive amounts of ki at the highest level.
    why do you think the mad doctor was taking his blood and then giving him that medicine, he did it so shioon's body would produce more blood he could take. thats why he wanted to dissect shioons body to see how it worked.

My Compass is on the Fritzz

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shakes12 View Post
    because of the dan shioon produces alot of ki in his blood stream and since his ki centre (which gathers and stores and helps ciruclate ki) was broken he cant use that ki, so to remains dormant and gives him an amazing recovery rate.
    when shioon first took the dan 9 arts expanded his ki channels so he would survive. His centre didnt change at all.
    Basicly the ki centre size doesn't matter for shioon at all since his body produces massive amounts of ki at the highest level.
    why do you think the mad doctor was taking his blood and then giving him that medicine, he did it so shioon's body would produce more blood he could take. thats why he wanted to dissect shioons body to see how it worked.
    so... since he has a normal ki centre, shioon is already healed, right?

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast