Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurmeedurrp thread.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everything All The Time

This colour suits thorn.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    That is HARRY POTTER in Wind Waker style, yes! You saw correctly! Can you believe the awesomeness? (I got it for Christmas but forgot that I still need to wear it)
    And here I thought it was Buttercup

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    This colour suits thorn.
    If I may ask, why?

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Because you are thorn of carrion....carrion is pinkish and thorns.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That is HARRY POTTER in Wind Waker style, yes! You saw correctly! Can you believe the awesomeness? (I got it for Christmas but forgot that I still need to wear it)
    That's pretty absent-minded of you...

I'm so glad I buckled and asked!

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, ask me what I'm wearing.
    Gray hoodie and adidas track pants?

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    They were mostly shit...but in between doing shots after every score, the power outage, the sense of impending doom in the second half, they're mostly a blur for me. I still haven't slept more than an hour or two. It sounded like WWII outside, so that had to be investigated.
    The power outage stole the show. I did like the Oreo commercial in the library, Amy Poehler at Best Buy, and the new eTrade baby commercial. I was not doing shots, nor was there any chance of a riot here.

Quote Quote:
    Reed was for sure, even before the Super Bowl. I think it's too soon to say for Suggs and Ngata, but the title only helps their chances.
    Sizzles been in the league ten years now, not to soon to discuss his candidacy. He's more borderline than Reed, for sure, but I think he deserves recognition. Ngati has been in the league eight seasons, enough time to assess his career, though maybe a few more seasons are needed before declaring him a first ballot hall of famer. I think he's a lock, the best 34 down lineman of the last ten years. Not a guy that can be measured statistically, but has to be accounted for on every play.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think back to the years before he got his deal and awards and there were some real off years statistically. That could be the maturation process since he came into the league as the youngest player ever, who knows.

Ngata gets forgotten about, probably because of the loudmouths he plays with, but I never really thought of either of these guys as First Ballot, no. 8-10 years into Lewis' and Reed's careers you could see the greatness. Same with Ogden. I guess I forget about how easy it is to get into Canton, compared to Cooperstown. It's hard to remember that and separate your thought process. But I'm not going to argue with your opinion, I could see it happening.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see the greatness with Ngata. I guarantee he is one of the guys every offensive coordinator is accounting for. San Fransisco did not start their comeback after the blackout, they made it after Ngata was injured. He's a playmaker at a position usually featuring run stuffers. Assuming he has another two or three good seasons then he is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer. There really are no holes in his game, he does everything well.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time there is Football talk, the thread goes dead.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

God help us all if a comment longer than a sentence is posted to this thread.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

yet you break this rule so many times...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I can see the greatness with Ngata. I guarantee he is one of the guys every offensive coordinator is accounting for. San Fransisco did not start their comeback after the blackout, they made it after Ngata was injured. He's a playmaker at a position usually featuring run stuffers. Assuming he has another two or three good seasons then he is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer. There really are no holes in his game, he does everything well.
    Well, the thing is that he isn't a pure DT/NT. it can be confusing who has what skillset at certain positions in a 34 defense. If you look at the Steelers with Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, and Brett Keisel, they were all big space takers and run stuffers. Because of how good their OLBs are none of them needed to be elite pass rushers from the three point stance.

You're right about his versatility though. He has NT size, but elite pass-rushing skills. He was injured all year though, but even then his sack numbers fluctuate based on what he's asked to do. This year they played Cody and Kemoeatu at the NT position over the center so Ngata could play in the three gap. The other lineman is a wildcard. Trevor Price played there for a few years, so did Cory Redding. Pernell McPhee is young and can rush the passer, but who was out there was sometimes dictated by which LB was playing to the outside of them (Suggs, Kruger, Upshaw). There's so many defensive packages on defense nowadays it's ridiculous.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    yet you break this rule so many times...
    I'm a rebel

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Well, the thing is that he isn't a pure DT/NT. it can be confusing who has what skillset at certain positions in a 34 defense. If you look at the Steelers with Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, and Brett Keisel, they were all big space takers and run stuffers. Because of how good their OLBs are none of them needed to be elite pass rushers from the three point stance.

You're right about his versatility though. He has NT size, but elite pass-rushing skills. He was injured all year though, but even then his sack numbers fluctuate based on what he's asked to do. This year they played Cody and Kemoeatu at the NT position over the center so Ngata could play in the three gap. The other lineman is a wildcard. Trevor Price played there for a few years, so did Cory Redding. Pernell McPhee is young and can rush the passer, but who was out there was sometimes dictated by which LB was playing to the outside of them (Suggs, Kruger, Upshaw). There's so many defensive packages on defense nowadays it's ridiculous.....
    Over the course of his career Ngata has frequently played DE, no? They've always liked to line him up from different spots and let him wreak havoc. Generally 34 linemen are not pass rushers, they may get sacks, but their job is to take up space, opening lanes for the linebackers, as well as stopping the run. Players like Ngata and J.J. Watt are atypical of the position, the Steelers you mentioned are more representative of the position.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Over the course of his career Ngata has frequently played DE, no? They've always liked to line him up from different spots and let him wreak havoc. Generally 34 linemen are not pass rushers, they may get sacks, but their job is to take up space, opening lanes for the linebackers, as well as stopping the run. Players like Ngata and J.J. Watt are atypical of the position, the Steelers you mentioned are more representative of the position.
    Well, technically yes. But depending on whether Suggs or Kruger put their hand in the dirt on a given play or not, he can be on the end and sometimes not. They both played DE in college and have been that hybrid OLB in the 34 that is prized these days. That's the whole point of the 34 defense, since you can't know for sure where the fourth rusher is coming from. I guess whether it's conventional or not really depends on the personnel involved. The Jets defense when it was actually decent was similar in formation to ours for obvious reasons.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most 34 teams play with four down linemen during passing downs. Most 34 outside linebackers played end in college. Our pass rushers, Orakpo and Kerrigan, were both college ends, converted to linebackers as pros. Lawrence Taylor, the prototype 34 outside linebacker, also played end in college. It's rare to find college 43 linebackers who can play outside in a 34. Most are too small, or don't have the pass rush skills. Von Miller was actually a 34 outside linebacker in college, converted to weakside 43 linebacker in the pros.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    This colour suits thorn.
    I always thought of him as more of a periwinkle type of guy.

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast