Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurmeedurrp thread.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everything All The Time

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Did you try Psycho-Pass gar?
    He probably has not even finished S;G yet, or started watching again.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Nah, I haven't tried anything from this season yet. Or was that from the Fall season?
    Fall. I doubt you'd like anything from this season. Mostly bishoujo anime.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't pigeonhole my viewing habits. I like quality shows. Period.

As far as Urobuchi goes - Blassreiter I downloded. It sort of looked interesting but could easily be another sentai rip-off. Phantom looked cool and I intended to watch it at some point, same with Madoka. His stuff seems to be pretty well-regarded, and did a bunch of Light Novel and Visual Novel work as well. Looks like he has a couple things coming up this year.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the last moe anime you watched

Magico was brilliant, and Psycho-Pass has, so far, been very good. I'm really looking forward to his next anime, Suisei no Gargantia. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Fate/Zero, and plan to watch that very soon. He wrote the original novel and the script. Do yourself a favor and watch Magico before Blassreiter. I haven't really heard much about Blassreiter, and it has a low ranking at MAL (MAL rankings are usually trustworthy), while Magica is an all time classic.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't pigeonhole my viewing habits. I like quality shows. Period.
    I bet you haven't watch Minami-ke Tadaima. Fail.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he has, he'd never admit it. Only c_k is more secretive about what she reads and watches.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What was the last moe anime you watched

Magico was brilliant, and Psycho-Pass has, so far, been very good. I'm really looking forward to his next anime, Suisei no Gargantia. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Fate/Zero, and plan to watch that very soon. He wrote the original novel and the script. Do yourself a favor and watch Magico before Blassreiter. I haven't really heard much about Blassreiter, and it has a low ranking at MAL (MAL rankings are usually trustworthy), while Magica is an all time classic.
    I wasn't aware moe was a genre...

And weren't you the same person chiding things for being moeblob in the past? And now you're posting KyoAni stuff all over the forum...

I downloaded Blassreiter when it was first airing and it didn't seem to get much attention from groups so that was a decent enough clue of how it was received I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I bet you haven't watch Minami-ke Tadaima. Fail.
    No. I haven't really watched anything in the last month. I had started Chuunibyou and Steins;Gate earlier and haven't picked them back up since the holidays.

Even if he has, he'd never admit it. Only c_k is more secretive about what she reads and watches.
    I'm a big fan of the first three anime, so I wouldn't keep that a secret.

To be honest, I wasn't aware people viewed my reading or viewing habits as being some big mystery

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Here I go again ^^;. You gotta listen to this song. Let it settle in, don't judge it immediately.

I love this song. The reasons being, it has so much to offer for a song spanning under 8 minutes. It has great lyrics, the emotions ranges from romance-sorrow- anger. You can hear classic rock sequences to aggression of doom metal, peppered with romantic moments.

Spoiler: Lyrics show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't aware moe was a genre...

And weren't you the same person chiding things for being moeblob in the past? And now you're posting KyoAni stuff all over the forum...
    I can't recall chiding moeblob in the past, or really having anything to say about the subject. It would have been incredibly noobish of me, as a long time professed fan of shows like Clannad, ef, Angel Beats, etc. Two of the KyoAni shows I've posted all over the forum are new. Chuu2 aired in the fall, Tamako Market is airing now. I only just finished watching K-On! about a week ago.

At this point moe may as well be a genre. Or at least part of a hyphenated genre. I do know what it really means, there's just no point in using it properly anymore. I'm not enough of a weeaboo to really care.

Quote Quote:
    I downloaded Blassreiter when it was first airing and it didn't seem to get much attention from groups so that was a decent enough clue of how it was received I suppose.
    In 2013, yeah, probably a very bad sign. In 2008 when there were fewer fansubbers good shows sometimes did not get the attention they deserved.

Quote Quote:
    No. I haven't really watched anything in the last month. I had started Chuunibyou and Steins;Gate earlier and haven't picked them back up since the holidays.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone said Blassreiter, I started watching it again just yesterday. It may not be the one of the best anime but I liked it. But then, my taste is not taken very positively here...oh well.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Here I go again ^^;. You gotta listen to this song. Let it settle in, don't judge it immediately.

Spoiler show

I love this song. The reasons being, it has so much to offer for a song spanning under 8 minutes. It has great lyrics, the emotions ranges from romance-sorrow- anger. You can hear classic rock sequences to aggression of doom metal, peppered with romantic moments.

Spoiler: Lyrics show
    It was okay. I tend to not like that kind of jarring piano, it just doesn't seem to fit. It's like it's some sort of metallic take on Phantom of the Opera...just meh.

Here is some for you

Spoiler show

Spoiler: Something Softer show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler: Mindblowing show

Spoiler: Softer Again show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Ended up posting more than I wanted to, but screw it. It's my favorite metal band pretty much, and everything you've posted pales in comparison to them. JUST my opinion, and opinions are like onions...soooo

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

I can't recall chiding moeblob in the past, or really having anything to say about the subject. It would have been incredibly noobish of me, as a long time professed fan of shows like Clannad, ef, Angel Beats, etc. Two of the KyoAni shows I've posted all over the forum are new. Chuu2 aired in the fall, Tamako Market is airing now. I only just finished watching K-On! about a week ago.

At this point moe may as well be a genre. Or at least part of a hyphenated genre. I do know what it really means, there's just no point in using it properly anymore. I'm not enough of a weeaboo to really care.
    It wasn't really in reference to anything specific, but I guess I just thought it was representative of your thoughts on moe in general. Anyone that has watched KyoAni productions can usually acknowledge the quality. But I think REAL moeblob is much rarer. I just think moe is so pervasive in anime nowadays that sometimes it's too much. It's nice to watch something different every once and while. But even then, there's a good chance there's a moe character thrown in there somewhere

I don't have an issue with moe really. But I'm not the type to watch a show because of that, or bishoujou. And if it exists, it doesn't detract from a series that has more going for it than that.

Yeah hyphenated genre is probably more appropriate in most cases. A series can be moe, but there's usually something larger going on...otherwise it wouldn't be able to hold my attention I think. Unless it was something completely meta or a parody.

In 2013, yeah, probably a very bad sign. In 2008 when there were fewer fansubbers good shows sometimes did not get the attention they deserved.
    The better groups didn't touch it. Around that time there was a few really crappy fansubbers who just did a bunch of different series not receiving much attention. This isn't really an indictment of the series, I'm not that foolish. But it still meant SOMETHING back then.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I wasn't aware people viewed my reading or viewing habits as being some big mystery
    What a disappointing statement.

Maybe you have to put your MAL list in your sig? so that everybody doesn't have to guess on what Anime do you watch.

But seriously, apart from Berserk, Gantz, and D-Gray Man, I haven't seen you posting anywhere else, so it's quite difficult for me to keep guessing that you like some dose of moeblob too.

Yeah hyphenated genre is probably more appropriate in most cases. A series can be moe, but there's usually something larger going on...otherwise it wouldn't be able to hold my attention I think. Unless it was something completely meta or a parody.
    So do you think that K-On! is a meta or parody? I believe K-On! is what I would call as a true definition of a pure moe Anime.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch a ton of anime anymore. I usually watch after it's aired at my own pace. The holidays distracted me from a lot of things.

I don't have a MAL. I used to have a reading list on MU but got annoyed with keeping it up to date so I stopped.

I read the Big 3, Berserk, Gantz, DGM, Vinland Saga on a regular basis. I'm behind on a bunch of series...some WSJ series, like Medaka Box, Sket Dance...too much to remember.

Minami-ke is moe at times. I've watched a bunch of moe-filled anime. I haven't watched K-On!. But I don't know if I'd call any of the characters moeblob necessarily.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't really in reference to anything specific, but I guess I just thought it was representative of your thoughts on moe in general. Anyone that has watched KyoAni productions can usually acknowledge the quality. But I think REAL moeblob is much rarer. I just think moe is so pervasive in anime nowadays that sometimes it's too much. It's nice to watch something different every once and while. But even then, there's a good chance there's a moe character thrown in there somewhere
    Real moeblob is very common. Check the list of winter 2013 anime and see. At this point complaining about too much moe in anime is a bit akin to complaining about how many action manga are serialized in Jump. It's a fact of life, individual titles have to be judged on their own merit, or skipped entirely.

Quote Quote:
    eah hyphenated genre is probably more appropriate in most cases. A series can be moe, but there's usually something larger going on...otherwise it wouldn't be able to hold my attention I think. Unless it was something completely meta or a parody.
    Cute girls acting cute is a genre unto itself, with no need for hyphenation.

Quote Quote:
    The better groups didn't touch it. Around that time there was a few really crappy fansubbers who just did a bunch of different series not receiving much attention. This isn't really an indictment of the series, I'm not that foolish. But it still meant SOMETHING back then.
    I never even noticed it back then. True Tears and ef ~A Tale of Memories are the anime from 2008 I best remember.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 31, 2013 at 09:04 AM.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot believe I came in here and you guys weren't talking about football.

Thread Closed
Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast