Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurmeedurrp thread.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everything All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    In my case, I think I slept with you and our main topic during pillow talk was to make me a mod.
    ...why did you feel the need to interject?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It sparkles.
    Why did you quote him twice? Another forum glitch?

A quarterback you got to know very well, IIRC.

Yeah, too well in fact.

Okay, so I reverse googled that. That can't be true can it?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    ...why did you feel the need to interject?
    I just wanted to join the convo

Fine, if you don't like my interjection I'll leave this thread, but don't forget about our memories during that rainy night ;_;

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did you quote him twice? Another forum glitch?
    When did I quote him twice? Now I'm confused. And scared.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, too well in fact.
    Thank god for Trent Dilfer

How amazing was that defense, to win the Super Bowl with Dilfer as the best option at quarterback? Had to be one of the two or three best defenses in NFL history. The '85 Bears are the only defense I would definitively say was better, and even that is arguable.

Quote Quote:
    Okay, so I reverse googled that. That can't be true can it?
    He issued a statement saying he's had that tattoo for years

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I just wanted to join the convo

Fine, if you don't like my interjection I'll leave this thread, but don't forget about our memories during that rainy night ;_;
    Which night was that? Indonesia is practically underwater.

When did I quote him twice? Now I'm confused. And scared.

Thank god for Trent Dilfer

How amazing was that defense, to win the Super Bowl with Dilfer as the best option at quarterback? Had to be one of the two or three best defenses in NFL history. The '85 Bears are the only defense I would definitively say was better, and even that is arguable.

He issued a statement saying he's had that tattoo for years
    You did, first with the bishie smiley. I don't want to scare you though...

LOL...well. Dilfer was talented. He was a high draft pick, and despite the jokes that get made there were times when he played great that season. In the most crucial moments. But there's a reason he wasn't in the league long.

No fucking way that's true. He's the perfect amount of white trash to believe it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL...well. Dilfer was talented. He was a high draft pick, and despite the jokes that get made there were times when he played great that season. In the most crucial moments. But there's a reason he wasn't in the league long.
    By the time he landed in Baltimore he had already been cut by the Bucs. He was not good, by any means, but did play well enough not to lose games. That defense didn't seem to need much to win. As I recall the offense went some ridiculous stretch of games without scoring a touchdown, but they still won every single game. That stretch is what cost Tony Banks his job.

I actually really like Dilfer on ESPN. I think that he and Mangini are their best analysts. He's good at calling games too, when they do that extra Monday Night game on opening weekend. If Gruden ever goes back to coaching, I hope they replace him with Dilfer.

Quote Quote:
    No fucking way that's true. He's the perfect amount of white trash to believe it.
    There's been some speculation it's not permanent. But it's definitely real.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

By the time he landed in Baltimore he had already been cut by the Bucs. He was not good, by any means, but did play well enough not to lose games. That defense didn't seem to need much to win. As I recall the offense went some ridiculous stretch of games without scoring a touchdown, but they still won every single game. That stretch is what cost Tony Banks his job.

I actually really like Dilfer on ESPN. I think that he and Mangini are their best analysts. He's good at calling games too, when they do that extra Monday Night game on opening weekend. If Gruden ever goes back to coaching, I hope they replace him with Dilfer.
    Well, obviously he had been cut when he landed here, lol. The key to the switch to Dilfer is that he added some stability. You can call him whatever invented term you want, like game-manager (what QB doesn't manage the game on offense though?), etc...but he was asked to not fuck up like Banks did and he was able to handle that. The key on offense, even though it was pedestrian, was Jamal Lewis and Shannon Sharpe.

Yeah, they went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown on offense. The stats of that defense are not comparable with any other when it came to run defense. The best defenses are considered the best because of their stats against the pass, just as offenses are considered the best for the same reason. The 2000 defense that year ranked something like 5-7 against the pass. Even with this, for them to be considered the best of all time by some is a testament to how good they were against the run. They allowed under 1000 yards on the ground all year, only like 5 touchdowns on the ground all year and had at least 25 fumble recoveries. It's just staggering how impenetrable they were. I'm biased obviously, but I'd take them over the '85 Bears because of their size and speed.

There's been some speculation it's not permanent. But it's definitely real.
    I meant it's not true that he had it before coaching the Jets. He and his wife have a...special...relationship

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

People hate Mangini for some reason. He's not exciting to listen to or charismatic, so that's probably why he isn't involved with live broadcasts. I like him as well.

I believer Dilfer has done color before when they've had those Monday Night doubleheaders. I don't remember any details but I think he'd do well too. I'm not sure if it's enough of a "name" for the broadcast, but it would work for me. I think sometimes he's a bit over the top, a symptom of many on ESPN, but it doesn't throw me off any.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, obviously he had been cut when he landed here, lol. The key to the switch to Dilfer is that he added some stability. You can call him whatever invented term you want, like game-manager (what QB doesn't manage the game on offense though?), etc...but he was asked to not fuck up like Banks did and he was able to handle that. The key on offense, even though it was pedestrian, was Jamal Lewis and Shannon Sharpe.
    Sharpe's a Hall of Famer, and before he went to jail, Jamal Lewis was one of the best backs in football. His 2003 season was unreal. The offensive line was incredible too. With an above replacement level quarterback, the Ravens might have been a dynasty. They should have stuck with Dilfer longer though. Cutting him in favor of Elvis Grbac was a major mistake.

I need to admit: I lived in Baltimore right after the Ravens moved there. I watched them, not the Redskins, in 1997, 1998. I do not root against the Ravens unless they play the Redskins. I watched Super Bowl XXXV in a New York sports bar, on Long Island (my families from Long Island). Watching those cocky New Yorkers get their hearts ripped out is my favorite sports memory

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, they went 5 straight games without scoring a touchdown on offense. The stats of that defense are not comparable with any other when it came to run defense. The best defenses are considered the best because of their stats against the pass, just as offenses are considered the best for the same reason. The 2000 defense that year ranked something like 5-7 against the pass. Even with this, for them to be considered the best of all time by some is a testament to how good they were against the run. They allowed under 1000 yards on the ground all year, only like 5 touchdowns on the ground all year and had at least 25 fumble recoveries. It's just staggering how impenetrable they were. I'm biased obviously, but I'd take them over the '85 Bears because of their size and speed.
    Passing stats can be funky, especially for a defensive juggernaut like the 2000 Ravens. They gave up most of those yards late in games, when the opponent no longer had the option of running. Passing stats can easily be inflated in garbage time.

Quote Quote:
    I meant it's not true that he had it before coaching the Jets. He and his wife have a...special...relationship
    FEET

Quote Quote:
    People hate Mangini for some reason. He's not exciting to listen to or charismatic, so that's probably why he isn't involved with live broadcasts. I like him as well.
    I've heard nothing but praise for him. He's very informative, and excellent at breaking down film, explaining how plays work.

Quote Quote:
    I believer Dilfer has done color before when they've had those Monday Night doubleheaders. I don't remember any details but I think he'd do well too. I'm not sure if it's enough of a "name" for the broadcast, but it would work for me. I think sometimes he's a bit over the top, a symptom of many on ESPN, but it doesn't throw me off any.
    I have no idea if he has, or not. Analysts don't last long unless they have strong opinions. He tends to be over effusive, but at least his opinion is always on point. He does have a tendency to say reasonable things in a hysterical manner.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharpe's a Hall of Famer, and before he went to jail, Jamal Lewis was one of the best backs in football. His 2003 season was unreal. The offensive line was incredible too. With an above replacement level quarterback, the Ravens might have been a dynasty. They should have stuck with Dilfer longer though. Cutting him in favor of Elvis Grbac was a major mistake.

I need to admit: I lived in Baltimore right after the Ravens moved there. I watched them, not the Redskins, in 1997, 1998. I do not root against the Ravens unless they play the Redskins. I watched Super Bowl XXXV in a New York sports bar, on Long Island (my families from Long Island). Watching those cocky New Yorkers get their hearts ripped out is my favorite sports memory
    I think Billick and Grbac wasn't a good mix. And I find it hard to by into replacing your Super Bowl winning QB with anyone but a superstar. Especially considering 2001 was the year before they had the salary cap purge. If they had Dilfer that year, who knows. But the drop-off would have still happened in 2002. But I think the Ravens even winning a playoff game without Jamal Lewis (injured in training camp that year) was them overachieving. They just didn't have enough talent on offense for Grbac to have made a difference.

I know you went to UMBC at some point, but I didn't know you lived here. Where? Did you leave down there before that? You mentioned your family was from Long Island, yeah. So you weren't a Redskins fan before that?

I've heard nothing but praise for him. He's very informative, and excellent at breaking down film, explaining how plays work.
    I think that it might stem from his coaching days...the "Man-Genius" thing.

I have no idea if he has, or not. Analysts don't last long unless they have strong opinions. He tends to be over effusive, but at least his opinion is always on point. He does have a tendency to say reasonable things in a hysterical manner.
    This.

Yeah, I think that's a better articulation of my thoughts.
    Last edited by xi0; January 05, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Montgomery County, a Redskins fan. I've always been a Redskins fan. I lived in Catonsville when I went to UMBC. Redskins games weren't on every week, it was often Ravens games or nothing. I still have lingering affection for the Ravens, though this years team was near impossible to watch.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Montgomery County, a Redskins fan. I've always been a Redskins fan. I lived in Catonsville when I went to UMBC. Redskins games weren't on every week, it was often Ravens games or nothing. I still have lingering affection for the Ravens, though this years team was near impossible to watch.
    There were some games that I stopped caring about midway through...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chuckstrong

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It was really just in that small winless streak.

Their defense won't be able to stop us. I don't see us losing, but hey...who knows

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't you ask this already?

Who vote my thread down? Funny choice of word thar
    I did? Must have slipped my mind.

Well, it seems you started with a clean slate, congrats on your new thread.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I did? Must have slipped my mind.

Well, it seems you started with a clean slate, congrats on your new thread.

I don't know if that restarts with each split, but two stars are better than none.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if that restarts with each split, but two stars are better than none.
    Because it shows people care enough to vote for your thread?

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast