Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OreShura

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OreShura

OreShura
    Producers: A-1 Pictures, Aniplex
    Director: Kanta Kamei
    Character Design: Mai Otsuka
    Original Creator: Yuuji Yuuji
    Starring: Chiwa Harusaki as Chinatsu Akasaki, Ryota Ohsaka as Eita Kidou
    Episodes: 13

Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day, Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

Is it wrong of me to expect this to be a new Oreimo? I certainly get that feeling, this is not the usual harem, going from the characters it might not be the case, but I guess there is a similar concept to it. I'm liking the director though, he has done pretty decent stuff in the past.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (Oreshura)

Oreshura

Information:

Episodes: 13
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Drama
    Duration: 23 min. per episode
    Alternative title: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (Japanese)

Plot Summary: A young boy called Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce and his goal, he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who's just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

Opening Theme:
    "Girlish Lover" by Chinatsu Akasaki, Yukari Tamura, Hisako Kanemoto and Ai Kayano

Ending Theme:
    "Wonder Tale" by Yukari Tamura

Japanese staff

Spoiler show

Japanese cast

Chinatsu Akasaki as Chiwa Harusaki
    Ryota Ohsaka as Eita Kidō
    Yukari Tamura as Masuzu Natsukawa
    Ai Kayano as Ai Fuyuumi
    Hisako Kanemoto as Himeka Akishina
    Kaori Nazuka as Saeko Kiryuu
    Nao Tōyama as Mana Natsukawa
    Risa Taneda as Kaoru Yuui
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (Oreshura)

For me the new season began today.
    Can't wait to get home and watch it.
    I really like the animation quality of A-1 and furthermore I hope this shows is as funny as it looks.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru (Oreshura)

Episode 1

The first episode was pretty good, a bit slow at the beginning but then it got more interesting. It was good enough to pique my curiosity and make me look forward to the next episode.

About the opening, it was very, very sweet and cute…too much in fact. I’m not a fan of the opening at the moment, but I don’t hate it.

About the characters, my favorite character right now is Eita. He is an interesting character. Having been abandoned by both of his parents (his parents divorced and went away with their respective lovers- talk about horrible parents!) he doesn’t believe in love and thinks that love is a waste of time. While I do think his anti-love is genuine atm, I’m looking forward to Eita slowly opening his wounded heart to love and I’m looking forward even more to the moment when he realizes that even though his parents were horrible and were not the best example of love, there are people who care about him and love him and that is O.K to believe in love and love those people back. Btw, the scene when he was reciting his “rules” was very funny.

Chihuahua-chan!! I like her. She is a “bit” crazy and childish but it doesn’t bother me, I still like her. ^^ Her parents haven’t abandoned her but they don’t spend time with her, they seem to be workaholics. She is Eita’s neighbor and since her parents aren’t around much, she spends most of her after-school time with Eita. He even cooks for her! And he is a great cook! She is Eita’s childhood friend and she is very attached to him; in fact, I think she likes/loves him. And tbh, I do like the Chiwa x Eita pairing.

Natsu…at first I didn’t like her very much but when she revealed her true self, everything changed! It was refreshing to see a girl who appears all angelic and sweet but in reality she is a little devil. Another thing that caught my attention about her is that just like Eita, she doesn’t believe in love. I do wonder what is behind her attitude towards love.

Another character that briefly appeared but I can’t wait to know more of is Saeko. She is Eita’s relative and the person who took him in and cared for him after his parents abandoned him.

I don’t know if this series is a keeper yet but I’m sure looking forward to the next ep.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    For me the new season began today.
    Can't wait to get home and watch it.
    I really like the animation quality of A-1 and furthermore I hope this shows is as funny as it looks.
    Yay! Sky is watching Oreshura as well!! I’m not familiar with A-1, but the animation was okay in this episode, there were some scenes of Natsu were she looked just beautiful.

And …there are some funny scenes in this episode, but this first episode focused more on introducing the main characters and the story than on hilarity, which is a good thing and it is why this ep was pretty good.

Looking forward to your comments about the episode!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 05, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] OreShura

That was... different...

I guess I start with my view of the characters

Eita: So far I like him. Maybe because I can identify myself with him a bit. Well not the study part...
    However. His design is interesting. Beeing abandoned by his parents and having a big dream. I wonder why he wants to be a doctor? He is very caring regarding he cooks for his childhood friend and his (I guess so) aunt.

Chihuahua: Damn you Anime logic. D A M N you! Why can't cute childhood friends who have a crush on you be a real thing?
    Well... Enough of my Katsuragi-Keima impression... She wants to be noticed I guess. I smell an inferiority complex somewhere. Or maybe she wants to be recognized by Eita as more as an little sister who eats his food. We'll see. On a side note how is it possible for her to eat like a grown lion while remaining a loli? :O

Masuzu: I don't like her hairstyle... It looks weird... As if it would defy gravity or something. oô
    I'd never guessed she was this cunning. Masuzu looked like a small angel too me who couldn't handle her popularity... I got fooled big time... Although I don't get why every boy was charmed by her. She isn't that beautiful.
    However... For a second I though she pulled out her Death Note. Seriously Eitas former Notebook looks exactly like one. o__O
    By the way. I think "a little devil" might be a little understatement... XD

All in all it is an interesting setting.
    Two young people who loathe everything about love end up together pretending to be a couple... This should be fun.

What else to say... I'll skip the opening because I really don't like it. The ending sounds nice.
    The artstyle looked better on preview pictures. It seems a little too bright.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 06, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mero mero~ Ero Ero~

That was win, though I do like that type of unconventional comedy to take place in this anime, it has potential. I do see Chiwa being the main character here, that is the main winner. The "princess" and Eita have a very disturbing view on life, that will get them to their own demise, I do think that Masuzu is just trying to play games, but in the end she will be a very insecure, weak character. Eita has to outgrow his whole "I'm going to study and show them" talk since that will be his downfall as well. All in all I want Chiwa to tare their little world apart. Now as we saw at the end of the episode: One person surely will!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

However. His design is interesting. Beeing abandoned by his parents and having a big dream.
    He’s interesting indeed. Being abandoned by the people who were supposed to love him above all things had a negative and positive effect on him.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder why he wants to be a doctor? He is very caring regarding he cooks for his childhood friend and his (I guess so) aunt.
    I spoiled myself so I already know why he wants to become a doctor; I’ll just say that his reason is very kind and sweet. Maybe Saeko is his aunt, I was inclining towards her being his cousin.

Quote Quote:
    Chihuahua: Damn you Anime logic. D A M N you! Why can't cute childhood friends who have a crush on you be a real thing?
    Well…it is not a frequent thing and it doesn’t happen as usual as in the anime world but I don’t think childhood friends having crushes and falling in love is an impossible thing.

Quote Quote:
    She wants to be noticed I guess. I smell an inferiority complex somewhere. Or maybe she wants to be recognized by Eita as more as an little sister who eats his food.
    I don’t think she has an inferiority complex; it has more to do with shyness. Just like
    Spoiler show
    Chiwa is not brave enough to confess her feelings for Eita. Because she knows him so well, she knows he doesn’t believe in love so that didn’t help her…it only diminished her courage to confess to him.

Quote Quote:
    We'll see. On a side note how is it possible for her to eat like a grown lion while remaining a loli? :O
    Well…Anime physics are an amazing thing! But even RL, there are people who eat like elephants and don’t gain a pound.

Quote Quote:
    Masuzu: I don't like her hairstyle... It looks weird... As if it would defy gravity or something. Oô
    I didn’t notice this but now that you’ve mentioned it…it does look a bit weir.

Quote Quote:
    I'd never guessed she was this cunning. Masuzu looked like a small angel too me who couldn't handle her popularity... I got fooled big time...
    She fooled me as well. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Although I don't get why every boy was charmed by her. She isn't that beautiful.
    Well…she is pretty and she has the charming powers of being a transferred student and in the anime world that is something big! Now I have a hunch you are comparing her to Mashiro and if you are then I have to agree, since Mashiro is very beautiful.

Quote Quote:
    However... For a second I though she pulled out her Death Note. Seriously Eitas former Notebook looks exactly like one. o__O
    So I wasn’t the only one who thought that when seeing that notebook! For a moment there I thought Mazu was going to go all Yagami Light on us.

Quote Quote:
    By the way. I think "a little devil" might be an little understatement... XD
    Well…I was being nice, but yeah, Mazu is more than a little devil.

Quote Quote:
    What else to say... I'll skip the opening because I really don't like it. The ending sounds nice.
    Yeah, the OP was overly sweet and not in a good way. About the ed…I didn’t even notice it…I don’t remember skipping it but I don’t remember watching it either.

Quote Quote:
    The artstyle looked better on previewpictures. It seems a little too bright.
    About animation and art style for me is as follows:

1) Sakurasou
    2) LB
    3) Oreshura

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Mero mero~ Ero Ero~
    Who said that? Was it Chiwa?

Quote Quote:
    I do see Chiwa being the main character here, that is the main winner.
    Really? That is an interesting POV. Most of the fandom see Mazu already as the winner. As for…it is still early and thing can change but I’m rooting for Chiwa x Eita so I would like for Chiwa to be the winner. I like Chiwa but I have to admit that I find Mazu more interesting than Chihuahua-chan.

Quote Quote:
    The "princess" and Eita have a very disturbing view on life, that will get them to their own demise, I do think that Masuzu is just trying to play games, but in the end she will be a very insecure, weak character.
    The fact that they have such a warped view on love is what makes this anime so interesting, it will be interesting to see how, why and what makes them change their perception of love.

Quote Quote:
    Eita has to outgrow his whole "I'm going to study and show them" talk since that will be his downfall as well.
    I don’t think it will be his downfall…I think the fact he has a goal is a good thing, but what is bad is that he is focusing just on that and ignoring all the other things in his life…his studies were and are a way to avoid getting hurt and disappointed.

Quote Quote:
    All in all I want Chiwa to tare their little world apart. Now as we saw at the end of the episode: One person surely will!
    I’m looking forward to Chiwa fighting for Eita, I don’t want her to give up on Eita. I can’t wait to see her reaction when she finds out that Eita and Mazu are a couple.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; January 06, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I spoiled myself so I already know why he wants to become a doctor; I’ll just say that his reason is very kind and sweet. Maybe Saeko is his aunt, I was inclining towards her being his cousin.
    Thought so. Can't wait to know the reason now. x)
    For Saeko-san: time will tell.

Quote Quote:
    Well…it is not a frequent thing and it doesn’t happen as usual as in the anime world but I don’t think childhood friends having crushes and falling in love is a impossible thing.
    Let's just say I've seen this scenario a lot lately. The good thing is the story get's a lot of Osananajimi-sugar.

Quote Quote:
    I don’t think she has an inferiority complex; it has more to do with shyness. Just like
    Spoiler show
    Chiwa is not brave enough to confess her feelings for Eita. Because she knows him so well, she knows he doesn’t believe in love so that didn’t help her…it only diminish her courage to confess to him.
    Her way of seeking his attention is fun though. I wonder what'll get her into trouble next time.

Quote Quote:
    Well…Anime physics are an amazing thing! But even RL, there are people who eat like elephants and don’t gain a pound.
    They sure are.
    But this is just unfair! x'D

Quote Quote:
    Well…she is pretty and she has the charming powers of being a transferred student and in the anime world that is something big! Now I have a hunch you are comparing her to Mashiro and if you are then I have to agree, since Mashiro is very beautiful.
    Silly me. How could I forget the powers of a transferstudent?
    I think you're right... It seems I just can't help to compare every new girl to Mashiros overall character design. But even if that weren't the case her "weird" hair makes her look strange... Maybe thats why I don't find her appealing.
    That or I'm just a total ChiwaxEita fan.

Quote Quote:
    So I wasn’t the only one who thought that when seeing that notebook! For a moment there I thought Mazu was going to go all Yagami Light on us.
    Indeed. :'D Imagine THAT would've been her threat... Blackmailing him with his hero-fantasies somehow becomes a good deal in comparison.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, the OP was overly sweet and not in a good way. About the ed…I didn’t even notice it…I don’t remember skipping it but I don’t remember watching it either.
    I thought the music which played at the end would be the ending theme.

Quote Quote:
    About animation and art style for me is as follows:

1) Sakurasou
    2) LB
    3) Oreshura
    I'd put LB and Oreshura one the same level because I like the design here but the colors are too soft and it's too bright. Regarding LB the coloring is great but the overall look is a bit... weird.
    I wonder why it is that way. OreShura is the first A-1 Anime I' watch where the coloring and the brightness are bugging me that much.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; January 07, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought so. Can't wait to know the reason now. x)
    I so want to tell you but…you’ll enjoy it more when they reveal it in the series.

Quote Quote:
    Let's just say I've seen this scenario a lot lately.
    Well…the childhood friend scenario is very popular in the aniverse.

Quote Quote:
    The good thing is the story get's a lot of Osananajimi-sugar.
    Osananajimi? What is that?

Quote Quote:
    Her way of seeking his attention is fun though. I wonder what'll get her into trouble next time.
    Poor Chiwa! She is always getting in trouble at school. Next time? Mmm…I think her actions to separate Eita and Mazu and win Eita’s heart will get her in trouble next time.

Quote Quote:
    But this is just unfair! x'D
    It is!!!

Quote Quote:
    That or I'm just a total ChiwaxEita fan.
    Are you? Then fellow Chiwa x Eita fan, I like them too!! They look so cute together.

Quote Quote:
    Indeed. :'D Imagine THAT would've been her threat... Blackmailing him with his hero-fantasies somehow becomes a good deal in comparison.
    ITA!! Eita should be thankful for the deal he got!

Quote Quote:
    I thought the music which played at the end would be the ending theme.
    Ahhh…I didn’t pay attention to it, hopefully next week we’ll get to watch the ED.

Quote Quote:
    I'd put LB and Oreshura one the same level because I like the design here but the colors are too soft and it's too bright. Regarding LB the coloring is great but the overall look is a bit... weird.
    You have a valid point. Btw, maybe it was just me but LB was very good animation-wise/art style this week.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder why it is that way. OreShura is the first A-1 Anime I' watch where the coloring and the brightness are bugging me that much.
    As I said, I’m not familiar with A-1 so I have nothing to compare Oreshura to.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I so want to tell you but…you’ll enjoy it more when they reveal it in the series.
    I think so too x3

Quote Quote:
    Osananajimi? What is that?
    It simply means childhoodfriend.

Quote Quote:
    Poor Chiwa! She is always getting in trouble at school. Next time? Mmm…I think her actions to separate Eita and Mazu and win Eita’s heart will get her in trouble next time.
    Let's hope so. That'll be fun.

Quote Quote:
    Are you? Then fellow Chiwa x Eita fan, I like them too!! They look so cute together.
    I really am. Mostly because I like the whole Childhoodfriend-scenario.
    Furthermore - as I said - I'm not a big Masuzu-fan (yet).

Quote Quote:
    As I said, I’m not familiar with A-1 so I have nothing to compare Oreshura to.
    I know them because I watch/ed Fairy Tail, Magi, Sword Art Online and a few more. All of them look way better.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It simply means childhoodfriend.
    Ahhh…thanks for answering my question! ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Let's hope so. That'll be fun.
    I’m expecting them to be fun and a bit sad…I just hope they are not as
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    I really am. Mostly because I like the whole Childhoodfriend-scenario.

Furthermore - as I said - I'm not a big Masuzu-fan (yet).
    As of right now I’m rooting for Chiwa x Eita but you never know…things could change in the future…maybe this is another series where I put myself in the complicated situation of shipping for two rival pairings.

Quote Quote:
    I know them because I watch/ed Fairy Tail, Magi, Sword Art Online and a few more. All of them look way better.
    Maybe the animation will improve in the next eps?

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m expecting them to be fun and a bit sad…I just hope they are not as
    Spoiler show
    Lets hope it doesn't come to this. :'(

Quote Quote:
    As of right now I’m rooting for Chiwa x Eita but you never know…things could change in the future…maybe this is another series where I put myself in the complicated situation of shipping for two rival pairings.
    Thats right. We're still at the beginning. I guess there is more too her than beeing a little devil.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe the animation will improve in the next eps?
    I hope so, but I could live with it as it is now.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope it doesn't come to this. :'(
    I second that.

Quote Quote:
    Thats right. We're still at the beginning. I guess there is more too her than beeing a little devil.
    Yes, that is part of it but for me it also counts the interactions between the characters. So far I like Chiwa x Eita interactions more than Masuzu x Eita interactions.

Quote Quote:
    I hope so, but I could live with it as it is now.
    As long as the story is good, I can handle not-so-good animation.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is part of it but for me it also counts the interactions between the characters. So far I like Chiwa x Eita interactions more than Masuzu x Eita interactions.
    So do I. Chiwa is so cute. x3
    I can't wait so see more of their adorable interactions.

Quote Quote:
    As long as the story is good, I can handle not-so-good animation.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So do I. Chiwa is so cute. x3
    I can't wait so see more of their adorable interactions.
    Yes, especially at home. ^^ The way that Eita cooks for Chiwa reminds me of
    Spoiler show

29. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast