Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 166 Discussion/167 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 166 Discussion/167 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Chapter 166 is out
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 06, 2013 at 03:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 166 Discussion/167 Prediction

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Spoiler show
    Hey, im new to Liar Game, i reread all the Chapters the last Days. I don´t think it should be a most of explanation, but this is how the Manga works. In the short time i read this Manga. It´s always go this Way. Also the first time Yokoya get tricked, the explaining goes a complett Chapter. And the second i dont understand is if the Character really dissapear. Was it not the fake Lawyer say, as long you have depts, they try to keep then in the Game. Also in the former Game the Steel Chair match, old Charachter from pre-elimination, who alive or stay in game group up or get frieends of Nao´s group.

But much more interisting will be the other Side. As yokoya say he know how this Game goes.
    Only open interisting point in this group is the standings of all. who loose how much or who loose but earn some money.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Hey, im new to Liar Game, i reread all the Chapters the last Days. I don´t think it should be a most of explanation, but this is how the Manga works. In the short time i read this Manga. It´s always go this Way. Also the first time Yokoya get tricked, the explaining goes a complett Chapter.
    The absurdly convoluted narrative style which Kaitani employs often requires long winded explanations and flashbacks to show you what just happened, but that doesn't mean it isn't annoying or that nothing should be done with it.

And the second i dont understand is if the Character really dissapear. Was it not the fake Lawyer say, as long you have depts, they try to keep then in the Game.
    We haven't seen any character that has lost a revival game return (the pandemic game was a qualifier though I'm not sure if that was the term the series used.), so we don't really know what happens to players that leave the game with debt.

As to what will happen in this game, only one more player in Nao's team will be able to become ranked, so every other player will be eliminated. It hasn't been explained, but Nao/Akiyama will almost certainly do what they have done in every previous game and use their accumulated money to pay off the debts of the other players and shoulder any other debt.

But much more interisting will be the other Side. As yokoya say he know how this Game goes.
    Yokoya is a liar.

Also, if we get anything extended as to what happens in that game, I'm going to throw up. This game has dragged on too long already for it to extend to another site with characters I don't like. (If you just read the series, it might not have been so bad as you don't have to suffer through the weekly drudgery of nothing happen and didn't have to suffer through the 6 month hiatus which was almost certainly caused by the fact that Kaitani hates this series and just wants it to die)

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably a nice set up for future games, since now we have people who trust Nao, like there were people that trusted her previously, like the glasses guy. Now it seems even the most dishonest in the group seem to be coming slowly to a realization. It would have been weird if they are figuring out that NOW, that they can not do anything with their idiot ways of playing the game. More so, I think this is a set up for a future game. So it kind of is fun.

Btw, Black Hawk welcome to the LG forum.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to spend a lot of time to go through and figure out the theoretical maximum surviving players in Akiyama's group, but my off the cuff recollection is that only Taninaka has a realistic shot. (He bids on the discarded Jack to make a pair) Since Nao is going to need to survive the game, she will take his spot, leaving group Akiyama down to Akiyama and Nao which means all this earned trust is going to do nothing past this game.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, people trust nao now however next game they will find an opportunity for money and ignore her as they always do. Not to mention that next game a bunch of the people who trust nao simply won't be there.

I do wonder what yokoya's strategy will be. I think he will surprise us and actually help the people he is playing with. He has already realized the importance of people trusting nao in the game and he must understand the importance of having actual loyalty. The issue at hand will be that he might have started thinking past the current game and into the next one. If he actually plays the good guy all the way through and with his carisma and smarts he might actually get followers who trust him every bit as much as others trust nao. If yokoya gets that sort of loyalty during the next game then it is very likely the game will get a whole new dimension. Usually we have akiyama figuring out and exploiting an aspect of the game which the other players failed to notice on their own but what would happen if that particular aspect of the game which akiyama always exploits to his favor is also available to others? Kinda like if during this game akiyama and kimura had found out at the same time the aspect of the game which allowed akiyama to win so easily right now?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still leaning towards Yokoya eliminating everyone in his game (especially if everyone in Akiyama's game leaves too) but I could see him pulling off something similar to what he did in the contrand game

It would be pretty hilarious to see him try and imitate Nao but utterly fail in the end because he's a soulless douchebag robot.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; January 06, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Akiyama cannot beat the LGT without Nao. That is certain now.

It's good to read a chapter again where Nao's naivete becomes key to beating the opponents. Sadly I still view the contraband game as the best arc of this manga. After that arc quality somehow went down but not too much.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm happy to see that Nao is actually being useful!
    Without her, Akiyama wouldn't have won this round.

It's definitely as it is now.
    Akiyama is the mind, and Nao is the heart.

And between the two of them, they might just be able to defeat the Liar Game once and for all!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think that Nao kind of looked totally hopeless in this game, and in this chapter the way she was seen. I mean she started to kind of get a bit more "aggressive" in the previous game to know be the complete fool in this one. I know Kaitani's original set up, but I really thought that after the last game Nao would develop more.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone forgets, the next chapter comes out in the magazine to be published on 1/24

New Reply