Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Hinata about to die...

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 7.84%
  • Maybe

4 7.84%
  • No

43 84.31%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 615 Unbreakable Bonds

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 615 Unbreakable Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by Expletivebmp View Post
    if you kill tenten, who mourns?
    Tenten's family, I guess (if she has a family), then Gai, and maybe some readers who actually didn't forget her.
    (of course, answering the rhetorical question is meant to be a joke )
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i won't be surprises if kishi will troll us with neji surviving after sakura use her medical ninjutsu..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

neji will be revived,that's clear. the others were saved by mabui's technique,which was slowened in order to decrease the side effects.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe a big development this chapter was the portrait of all of Naruto's dead friends and mentors. If Shikaku and Inoichi were alive they wouldn't be put in the picture. I believe Kishi is trying to preparre the readership that there won't be any do-overs after this battle concludes. People who were clamoring for death are now getting them, but Kishi is killing characters in people's "favorites" bucket so now they want a do-over, i.e. there will be a 2nd Rinna Tensei so no one really dies. It's not coming, folks.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Tenten's family, I guess (if she has a family), then Gai, and maybe some readers who actually didn't forget her.
    (of course, answering the rhetorical question is meant to be a joke )
    Tenten is the Kenny that Kishi forgot to kill. I kid, I kid, i love Tenten and her epic ability to summon thousands of weapons and bombs that generally serves no purpose against S class ninjas.
    Maybe using the sage's fan could help her develop her chakra reserves, enabling her to epically sacrifice her life in a way we won't see coming.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    there will be a 2nd Rinna Tensei so no one really dies. It's not coming, folks.
    I for one would be ok with that. I'm willing to overlook a few things, but having a large scale war with half an army dead yet none of the main characters among them would just be too much. I have no problem with the dead were kept dead and Kishimoto went the route of having their sacrifice inspire a better tomorrow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji ain't coming back - his family's role was that of sacrifice. This time it was not for the main branch, not for the current hokage but for the future hokage and for the world but most of all for what he had come to believe! So I don't think (and will be very surprised) there will be a second rinne tensei!
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    People who were clamoring for death are now getting them, but Kishi is killing characters in people's "favorites" bucket so now they want a do-over, i.e. there will be a 2nd Rinna Tensei so no one really dies. It's not coming, folks.
    Your optimism is delightful, man. I wish I believed there wasn't going to be some sort of 'do-over'. Rinne Tensei was one of the dumbest things to happen to the manga.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Expletivebmp View Post
    Tenten is the Kenny that Kishi forgot to kill. I kid, I kid, i love Tenten and her epic ability to summon thousands of weapons and bombs that generally serves no purpose against S class ninjas.
    Maybe using the sage's fan could help her develop her chakra reserves, enabling her to epically sacrifice her life in a way we won't see coming.
    Too bad she could never be inspired by the likes of Konan to scale up her abilities in such a way that even S-class shinobi have a hard time against her. Konan was a fucking wizard among ninja to do what she did. Too bad nothing came out of her character except some cool abilities : /

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner odisseumau's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    ... Rinne Tensei was one of the dumbest things to happen to the manga.
    I think it worked for the plot, the boy who performed a "miracle" (saving lifes that were already lost), making Naruto being acknowledged, a real hero.
    "Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odisseumau View Post
    I think it worked for the plot, the boy who performed a "miracle" (saving lifes that were already lost), making Naruto being acknowledged, a real hero.
    Naruto appearing out of nowhere and beating Pain was a miracle, imo.

If it has to be included in the story, though, some characters should be revived with Rinne Tensei. People with intact bodies but no chakra and people who only had their souls sucked out by another Path spring to mind. People with ravaged bodies shouldn't have come back, but I understand (especially since Tsunade and Katsuya protected their bodies). But long dead people like Madara... it doesn't sound possible in context of how it was originally used. But that's what we're supposed to believe is central to the plot right now.

What, does Rinne Tensei also mystically use earth and dust to recreate the body of a bound soul, like ET? This sounds super lame to me.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    But her last inner monologue when the chapter ended felt more less like what a fully realized female character would say and more like what one would say from a man’s perspective
    This is the central problem with Kishi's writing of women. Even aware of the cultural divide between east and west on this matter, he's very awkward with how they're portrayed, and always has been. IMO at least.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner odisseumau's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    ... But long dead people like Madara... it doesn't sound possible in context of how it was originally used. But that's what we're supposed to believe is central to the plot right now.

What, does Rinne Tensei also mystically use earth and dust to recreate the body of a bound soul, like ET? This sounds super lame to me.
    I agree with you. This Madara's ressurrection I can't understand too. Nagato said to Naruto "There still time to save those I killed when I came to Konoha" meaning (I think) after some time you can't call them back, if he could, Nagato would have brought Yahiko back.
    "Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind".

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    I for one would be ok with that. I'm willing to overlook a few things, but having a large scale war with half an army dead yet none of the main characters among them would just be too much. I have no problem with the dead were kept dead and Kishimoto went the route of having their sacrifice inspire a better tomorrow.
    exactly,but other people had to die,not these ones. black,let me know what you think of my theory that mabui saved the HQ members

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be a second rinne tensei, but it will be used perhaps on Naruto after Obito see's he was incorruptable, or maybe Kakashi (tho this would be a weak repeat performance) using it on a character like Neji, who also had potential to be awesome but was left in the dark by Kishi would serve no purpose at all and would seem even more ridiculous than Jiraiyas wasted death.. killing off the main villain and swapping him for a second rate character, or to revive a load of second rate characters? not gonna happen that way I dont think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo! View Post
    and would seem even more ridiculous than Jiraiyas wasted death..
    In my opinion Jiraiya's death remains one of the most well-done in the manga, I don't see how you can call it ridiculous or wasted.

But I do echo the sentiment that we are unlikely to see rinne-tensei, at least a rinne-tensei that revives everyone. Those at HQ shouldn't even have bodies anymore (assuming the idea that Mabui could somehow use her technique without killing them doesn't come true).

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read your review and I noticed that you missed a very important part of this chapter. Naruto is now wearing a different outfit than what he had before. Obviously this is another power up from Kishi... I just thought I would throw it in there, so that you can recap that aswell....

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast